PDA

View Full Version : HARTlessFORD, CT

SteelClip49
6/6/2008, 09:38 AM
sorry if this was posted elsewhere......

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/bystanders-ignore-hit-and-run-victim/20080605164309990001?icid=100214839x1203453641x120 0131069

Turd_Ferguson
6/6/2008, 10:02 AM
Heartless bass turds

TheUnnamedSooner
6/6/2008, 06:26 PM
Surprisingly, the police showed up pretty quick.

r5TPsooner
6/6/2008, 07:00 PM
NOt all that shocking in today's society really.

Jerk
6/6/2008, 07:51 PM
Blue state.

...just sayin... :pop:

Okla-homey
6/6/2008, 08:07 PM
Spot on analysis.

This could not happen in a Red State where people are willing to go out on a limb for their neighbor. Ironically, these worthless pieces of offal will prolly vote BHO so Uncle Sam will make all "their dreams come true" despite the fact they don't give a tinkers damn about their fellow citizen.

It's all about ME beyotch!

KC//CRIMSON
6/6/2008, 08:32 PM
They probably thought it was McCain and just kept on going.

Ba dum crash!

I'm here all week, folks!

sooneron
6/6/2008, 11:20 PM
Spot on analysis.

This could not happen in a Red State where people are willing to go out on a limb for their neighbor. Ironically, these worthless pieces of offal will prolly vote BHO so Uncle Sam will make all "their dreams come true" despite the fact they don't give a tinkers damn about their fellow citizen.

It's all about ME beyotch!

:rolleyes:

Curly Bill
6/6/2008, 11:23 PM
Blue state.

...just sayin... :pop:

It was the governments job to help the guy. ;)

colleyvillesooner
6/6/2008, 11:24 PM
man, I thought we had to wait until at least July before we turned every thread into a political jerkoff session. Must have missed the memo.

Curly Bill
6/6/2008, 11:29 PM
...on a non-political note: we have become such a litigious society I think people are afraid of helping others because of the fear of being sued.

TheUnnamedSooner
6/7/2008, 05:54 PM
did someone say jerking off?

tommieharris91
6/7/2008, 06:06 PM
...on a non-political note: we have become such a litigious society I think people are afraid of helping others because of the fear of being sued.

Good Samaritan Law? Homey?

yermom
6/7/2008, 06:08 PM

they thought they were doing him a favor...

Curly Bill
6/8/2008, 12:34 AM

I know, but still...

Ike
6/8/2008, 01:22 AM

I think it's not just that, but in actuality, if you don't know what you are doing, in a situation like that you really can cause more harm than good simply by trying to get the guy off the street, or otherwise moving him. When you play sports and see a guy go down with a nasty injury, the first thing the coaches say is "don't touch him. Let the trainers asses the situation." It sucks, because your gut tells you to go help your teammate (or opponent) get up and get to the help he needs, but you are expected to just stand there and watch a guy writhe in pain till the trainers get out there. Now, these guys could still have done more, like maybe stopping traffic in the lane the guy was in. But maybe someone was doing that out of view of the camera.

The police showed up pretty quick. Which means that someone there contacted them, which was the right thing to do. Hopefully the paramedics weren't far behind.

Flagstaffsooner
6/8/2008, 06:58 AM
Damned yankees.

birddog
6/8/2008, 07:16 AM
wtf were those two cars doing passing there? it looks like a 25-30 mph zone and maybe the car in the far lane was willing to let that dude cross the street?

Fraggle145
6/9/2008, 11:36 PM

happened to my friend on grand lake. everyone was partying on memorial day. she was swimming in the boat lanes. he backed his boat out to go home, and there she was bleedin. she had kicked someone elses prop... if shed kicked his shed have lost her leg since it was running. They pulled her on board and on the dock and the police cited him for DUI etc... and then she tried to sue the pants of him cuz he came from money. Thankfully it didnt go over well with the judge and they settled to pay the medical. But that what he got for trying to help someone in need that he had nothing to do with.