PDA

View Full Version : You Are Correct Sir! Ed McMahon About To Lose Home

VeeJay
6/5/2008, 07:03 PM
Dayum (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/entertainment/2004458498_eye05.html)

Ed, age 85, took this loan out in 2005 at age 82. Who would take out a mortgage loan at that age? Ed McMahon, I reckon.

I feel his pain, with a house sitting on the market in FL for fourteen months now.

jkjsooner
6/5/2008, 07:52 PM
Dayum (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/entertainment/2004458498_eye05.html)

Ed, age 85, took this loan out in 2005 at age 82. Who would take out a mortgage loan at that age? Ed McMahon, I reckon.

I feel his pain, with a house sitting on the market in FL for fourteen months now.

Lower the price and houses would sell. Florida appreciated 100-300% over the last few years yet most refuse to lower their price 25%.

Whether current owners want it or not, Florida's prices will go back in line with incomes. The days of Wall Street throwing easy money around to anyone with a pulse are over.

r5TPsooner
6/5/2008, 08:01 PM
Maybe he can win the Publisher's Clearinghouse cash giveaway.

Paperclip
6/5/2008, 08:10 PM
Hey! I think our problems may just be solved. Ed McMahon. Think I just won a million bucks. Yeah, Irwin M. Fletcher you choose. Woo-wee! Oh, boy, I lost. Yeah. Sorry.

VeeJay
6/5/2008, 08:40 PM
Lower the price and houses would sell. Florida appreciated 100-300% over the last few years yet most refuse to lower their price 25%.

Whether current owners want it or not, Florida's prices will go back in line with incomes. The days of Wall Street throwing easy money around to anyone with a pulse are over.

We've lowered our list price by $90,000 since we started.

Houses are not selling. But hey, thanks anyway for the suggestion! We hadn't thought of that.

yermom
6/5/2008, 08:56 PM
well, maybe if your price was in line with incomes ;)

i'm sure SOMEONE is buying houses. is everyone moving out of Florida?

swardboy
6/5/2008, 09:41 PM
Actually the house is in Beverly Hills, and the major sticking point in selling is that he's neighbors with Brittany Spears. The paparazzi factor is scaring away potential buyers. Location, location, location...

GottaHavePride
6/5/2008, 09:59 PM
I can see the headlines...

ED MCMAHON ARRESTED - PUT HIT OUT ON BRITNEY TO SELL HOUSE

VeeJay
6/5/2008, 10:18 PM
well, maybe if your price was in line with incomes ;)

i'm sure SOMEONE is buying houses. is everyone moving out of Florida?

Good point. Here in NC homes have been on the market for just as long. No huge reduction in prices as we've experienced in FL. But they're still not selling. Are there any "hot" real estate markets now?

ultimatesooner1
6/5/2008, 10:25 PM
Actually the house is in Beverly Hills, and the major sticking point in selling is that he's neighbors with Brittany Spears. The paparazzi factor is scaring away potential buyers. Location, location, location...

apparently her dad is in the same situation according to the local radio station I was listening to on the way to work

moral of the story = dont get to close to Brittany unless you can get K Fed close and knock her up a couple of times and get the child support $$

Frozen Sooner
6/5/2008, 10:44 PM

Houses are not selling. But hey, thanks anyway for the suggestion! We hadn't thought of that.

I'll give you three-fiddy.
$3.50.

Cash.

yermom
6/5/2008, 11:42 PM
Good point. Here in NC homes have been on the market for just as long. No huge reduction in prices as we've experienced in FL. But they're still not selling. Are there any "hot" real estate markets now?

from what i understand Norman and Boulder seem to be doing ok

of course, $90k in Norman is most of a house in a lot of cases...

Frozen Sooner
6/5/2008, 11:44 PM
I'll give you three-fiddy.
$3.50.

Cash.

This offer is only good for a few more hours. It drops to $3.25 in the morning.

yermom
6/5/2008, 11:46 PM
i'll pay tree-fiddy for about anything

it's a standing offer

Paperclip
6/6/2008, 12:05 AM
How much is 3.50 Alaskan?

Frozen Sooner
6/6/2008, 12:13 AM

It's backed by oil, so like $150.

Seriously, you'd be surprised (or maybe not) how many of you southerners try to change US money for "Alaska" money.

My favorite "dumb cheechako" story though is this one:

My girlfriend was working the summer in a gift store run by the Native Heritage Center. Lots of Native Alaskan arts and crafts-including a bunch of ivory stuff.

Woman: "What is this?"
GF: "Ivory."
W: No it's not.
GF: Yes, ma'am, it is.
W: Ivory is illegal.
GF: Elephant ivory is illegal. Walrus ivory isn't for native artisans.
W: Walruses are extinct.
GF: No, ma'am, they are not.
W: Yes they are.
GF: Ma'am, my father has hunted walrus. I assure you, they're not extinct.
W: I want to see your supervisor. You shouldn't be telling lies like that to customers.

Frozen Sooner
6/6/2008, 12:14 AM

Alternate answer:

One VeeJay house. ;)

Veej-for the record, I'm just having fun with you. Hope your place sells for asking soon.

RacerX
6/6/2008, 06:54 AM
Holyfield's house up now.

Hamhock
6/6/2008, 07:12 AM
i'll pay tree-fiddy for about anything

it's a standing offer

done.

mail me a check.

Okla-homey
6/6/2008, 07:33 AM

Then make lemonade. Subdivide and remodel it into Ed McMahon's Paparazzi Bed and Breakfast. Charge $1000 a night and grant roof access.

Either that, or wait it out. That yainch will OD eventually.

badger
6/6/2008, 12:15 PM
The housing market in Oklahoma is very good right now - likely because we're the only state that isn't overpricing houses! NP and I are now homeowners because we weren't overpriced out of buying it :D

Ed McMahon is married to a woman that is about 50 years younger, right? Well, she looks that way... anyways, he had a few costly divorces so he likely needed some money to get the younger model he's with now. Thus, the money woes. How soon till he's in another messy divorce? Well, depends on how quickly he can start working and start paying her again :rolleyes:

sooner_born_1960
6/6/2008, 12:18 PM
I'm kind of shocked. I would have thought he could pay cash for a measly 4.8M house. I guess the divorces really killed him financially.

jkjsooner
6/6/2008, 03:42 PM

I didn't mean that as a personal message to you. Sorry.

Scott D
6/6/2008, 04:10 PM
The housing market in Oklahoma is very good right now - likely because we're the only state that isn't overpricing houses! NP and I are now homeowners because we weren't overpriced out of buying it :D

Ed McMahon is married to a woman that is about 50 years younger, right? Well, she looks that way... anyways, he had a few costly divorces so he likely needed some money to get the younger model he's with now. Thus, the money woes. How soon till he's in another messy divorce? Well, depends on how quickly he can start working and start paying her again :rolleyes:

actually, the problem is that he hasn't been able to work because of medical issues related to back surgery. And on the news that former Steel Curtain member Dwight White died today from complications post back surgery, it's got to be a scary prospect for an 80+ year old to go through.

clearly publisher's clearing house and being carson's sidekick doesn't get you a sweet unemployment deal.

badger
6/6/2008, 05:04 PM
I'm not trying to argue with you, Scott D, but he was on Larry King Live last night where is said that it was a matter of past divorce settlements. His current wife was on there also saying that they spent more money than he earned and that it was unfortunate to be in this situation "because he's worked his entire life."

They both also blamed the current economy situation. I don't watch Larry King - I find a sleazy man that is married more than King Henry VIII quite disgusting to watch - I only read that in wire stories today.

EDIT: Here's a link with video. (http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-mcmahon6-2008jun06,0,1481973.story)

Again, I'm not trying to argue and I really don't care. He's had quite a few good years of high class living and I won't see as much money as he made in a few months in my entire lifetime. He made bad decisions and is paying for them.

Scott D
6/6/2008, 05:15 PM
I'm not trying to argue with you either bag, but I dun care who you are..previous bad decisions or not, when you get a bad enough injury that inhibits your ability to earn an income it's going to compound the problem. :)

badger
6/6/2008, 05:18 PM
I'm not trying to argue with you either bag, but I dun care who you are..previous bad decisions or not, when you get a bad enough injury that inhibits your ability to earn an income it's going to compound the problem. :)

He wore his neck brace to the interview (and from that video you can see that his wife looks more like a daughter). The foreclosure has apparently gotten him some interest, so maybe it will end up not in auction after all.

Scott D
6/6/2008, 07:03 PM
and I meant badg, not bag.... As long as he doesn't have to go through the "Screech" method of saving his house, I'm good :)

TUSooner
6/6/2008, 07:17 PM
Maybe he can win the Publisher's Clearinghouse cash giveaway.

No post on this thread will be better than that.

:D

TUSooner
6/6/2008, 07:19 PM
It's backed by oil, so like $150.

Seriously, you'd be surprised (or maybe not) how many of you southerners try to change US money for "Alaska" money.

My favorite "dumb cheechako" story though is this one:

Explain "cheechako" please. Is it like "haole"? :)