PDA

View Full Version : Go buy Journey's new album!!!!

SoonerStormchaser
6/5/2008, 06:57 PM
I'll add a few more "!" for emphasis.

Journey (with their new lead singer, Arnel Pineda) released their newest album, Revelation, on Tuesday...it kicks ***! It's a two-CD/one DVD album. The first disc is the new album, the second disc is Pineda covering Perry's songs (and doing a kickass job), the third disc is the DVD concert from earlier this year.

You can only get it at Wal-Mart right now...should be available to other stores soon.

BUY THE ALBUM!!!

Curly Bill
6/5/2008, 07:00 PM
I don't know...I like Journey a lot, but to me the real Journey's ship has sailed.

KC//CRIMSON
6/5/2008, 07:22 PM
I don't know...I like Journey a lot, but to me the real Journey's ship has sailed.

Yep, it set sail for good back in '96.

yermom
6/6/2008, 01:50 AM
'96?

that new guy is pretty good, but he's no Steve Perry

soonerboomer93
6/6/2008, 02:37 AM
Journey?

lololololololololol

no really, c'mon now

you mean the new Weezer album, right?

Okla-homey
6/6/2008, 05:07 AM
Be honest. You just like Journey because despite the fact their hits occurred before you were born, they remind your wife of when she was young and driving around with her friends while Steve Perry belted out "Lovin',Touchin' Squeezin'" on the eight track as they all sipped Boones Farm from a Sonic cup.;)

SoonerStormchaser
6/6/2008, 06:45 AM
Blah blah blah...so? ;)

I like Rush...and the majority of their albums and hits were before I was born as well.

RacerX
6/6/2008, 06:52 AM
My wife DVR'd Ellen, Journey was on.

They played a song from their new album. I knew it was an album for 50 year-old women.

Guess I was right.

SoonerStormchaser
6/6/2008, 06:58 AM
I fart in your general direction, sir!

Okla-homey
6/6/2008, 07:23 AM
My wife DVR'd Ellen, Journey was on.

They played a song from their new album. I knew it was an album for 50 year-old women.

Guess I was right.

I bet she has a Fabio poster too. And some ABBA eight tracks. It was something in the air that night, the stars were bright, Fernando-ooooo!

Beef
6/6/2008, 08:16 AM
I bet she has a Fabio poster too. And some ABBA eight tracks. It was something in the air that night, the stars were bright, Fernando-ooooo!

Don't mock one of the greatest songs of all time.:mad: :mad: :gary:

Taxman71
6/6/2008, 09:41 AM
I like Rush.

Music.....credibility....out the window.....

SoonerStormchaser
6/6/2008, 11:14 AM
Music.....credibility....out the window.....

Don't tell Hoser, LASooner or Phil...

LosAngelesSooner
6/6/2008, 11:52 AM
Music.....credibility....out the window.....In saying something so idiotic, your MUSIC...CREDIBILITY...just flew out THE WINDOW.

And landed in a pile of poop, 34 floors down.

JohnnyMack
6/6/2008, 11:56 AM
Arnold whatever the **** his name is, is not Steve Perry. He can sing. But he's no Steve Perry.

Frozen Sooner
6/6/2008, 11:58 AM
You know, a CD being exclusively available at Wal-Mart certainly screams "Classic."

Unfortunately, it doesn't scream like Steve Perry does "Don't Stop Believing."

LosAngelesSooner
6/6/2008, 12:02 PM
If I can't get it on ITunes, I ain't gettin it anytime soon.

I don't rememer the last time I actually bought a CD.

yermom
6/6/2008, 12:11 PM
i like buying the CD

that's just how much i hate the environment ;)

Frozen Sooner
6/6/2008, 12:15 PM
I don't mind buying a CD so much, particularly if it's something that I'll really like. I can hear a difference between a CD and an iTunes track if I'm listening on my home setup. That's a pretty rare CD, though.

yermom
6/6/2008, 12:17 PM
i just don't like the idea of buying something digital

now if i could download it again if i lost it...

their DRM turned me off early though

Frozen Sooner
6/6/2008, 12:20 PM
Psst.

CDs are digital. ;)

yermom
6/6/2008, 12:24 PM
the data is

Mjcpr
6/6/2008, 12:25 PM
What ever happened to Steve Perry anyway?

Pink_Floyd
6/6/2008, 12:29 PM
Be honest. You just like Journey because despite the fact their hits occurred before you were born, they remind your wife of when she was young and driving around with her friends while Steve Perry belted out "Lovin',Touchin' Squeezin'" on the eight track as they all sipped Boones Farm from a Sonic cup.;)

thats funny;)
struck by lightning one to many times
turning left...then another...then another...
let me know when target starts selling this masterpiece:rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
6/6/2008, 12:41 PM
You can re-download previously purchased music on I-Tunes. They keep a record of it.

Also...backup drives are really cheap nowadays. Go to Best Buy.

KC//CRIMSON
6/6/2008, 12:43 PM
'96?

When Steve Perry and Steve Smith left for good right after Trial By Fire.

silverwheels
6/6/2008, 12:45 PM
Journey? Pass.
Weezer? Pass.

My Morning Jacket's new album next week? Yes.

Dio
6/6/2008, 12:55 PM
The samples I heard on the Walmarts web site were meh. I'm also less than enthusiastic about the disc of re-recorded classics that comes with it.

I still haven't plunked down the money to see them lip-sync...errr...live at the Zoo, either.

Watch out for Neal and Jon's knife in your back, Arnel

mdklatt
6/6/2008, 12:57 PM
Now I'm gonna have "Someday Love Will Find You" stuck in my head the rest of the day. :mad:

SoonerStormchaser
6/6/2008, 01:01 PM
What ever happened to Steve Perry anyway?

Back in '96, when Journey was getting ready for a tour in support of their Trial By Fire album, he became affected by a hip disorder that caused him to have hip replacement surgery. The other members of the band, after waiting a long time for him to recover, decided to continue on without him...and they went out and got Steve Augeri...who was basically Steve Perry with a perm (he couldn't hit the high notes like Perry could, though). Steve Smith also decided to leave and pursue other projects at the time, so Neal Schon and Jonathan Cain recruited their old drummer from Bad English, Deen Castronovo, to replace Smith.

Journey's first single with Augeri at the helm was "Remember Me" from the Armageddon soundtrack. They released their first album with him, Arrival in 2001. Red 13 followed in 2003 and Generations in 2005. In 2006, Augeri developed severe voice problems, and it was mutually decided that he would retire from the band to take care of his health needs. The band went on hiatus for awhile.

Fast forward to last August...Neal Schon was searching youtube for new talent, when he came across some Filipino guy singing Journey songs just like Steve Perry. The guy? Arnel Pineda. Schon called him and asked him to come to the US to audition for the band...and Pineda thought it was a joke. After a few weeks of assurances, Pineda flew to California...he got the gig last November. And here we are today.

Btw...is anyone else going to see them, Heart and Cheap Trick next month at the Zoo?

p.s. Hey Pink, grow the **** up!

mdklatt
6/6/2008, 01:10 PM
Fast forward to last August...Neal Schon was searching youtube for new talent, when he came across some Filipino guy singing Journey songs just like Steve Perry. The guy? Arnel Pineda. Schon called him and asked him to come to the US to audition for the band...and Pineda thought it was a joke. After a few weeks of assurances, Pineda flew to California...he got the gig last November. And here we are today.

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Articles/20070312/285.rockstar.031207.jpg

Beef
6/6/2008, 01:11 PM
Journey? Pass.
Weezer? Pass.

My Morning Jacket's new album next week? Yes.

Absofrigginlutely.

SoonerStormchaser
6/6/2008, 01:14 PM
http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Articles/20070312/285.rockstar.031207.jpg

Yah...I thought the same thing too when I heard...but I'll still give this guy the time of day.

Dio
6/6/2008, 01:20 PM
Back in '96, when Journey was getting ready for a tour in support of their Trial By Fire album, he became affected by a hip disorder that caused him to have hip replacement surgery. The other members of the band, after waiting a long time for him to recover, decided to continue on without him...and they went out and got Steve Augeri...who was basically Steve Perry with a perm (he couldn't hit the high notes like Perry could, though). Steve Smith also decided to leave and pursue other projects at the time, so Neal Schon and Jonathan Cain recruited their old drummer from Bad English, Deen Castronovo, to replace Smith.

Journey's first single with Augeri at the helm was "Remember Me" from the Armageddon soundtrack. They released their first album with him, Arrival in 2001. Red 13 followed in 2003 and Generations in 2005. In 2006, Augeri developed severe voice problems, and it was mutually decided that he would retire from the band to take care of his health needs. The band went on hiatus for awhile.

Btw...is anyone else going to see them, Heart and Cheap Trick next month at the Zoo?

Close, but you left out the taped vocals on the '05 tour and throwing Jeff Scott Soto under the bus after he saved their asses from tapegate.

SoonerStormchaser
6/6/2008, 01:23 PM
Whatever...I wasn't going to write about ALL their trials and tribulations...just the pertinent info.

Pink_Floyd
6/6/2008, 01:50 PM

settle down young man
thanks for the bios of the journeymen
all we need now is hagar back to van halen
talk about chirstmas coming early**wow

p.s. i'm all grown up,really grown

SoonerStormchaser
6/6/2008, 01:54 PM
So who else is going to the concert besides me and the wife?

Frozen Sooner
6/6/2008, 02:37 PM
You can re-download previously purchased music on I-Tunes. They keep a record of it.

Also...backup drives are really cheap nowadays. Go to Best Buy.

I don't think that your first paragraph is correct. In fact, iTunes specifically gives you a message to back up your purchased music saying that you cannot redownload stuff that's been previously downloaded.

KC//CRIMSON
6/6/2008, 04:00 PM
Absofrigginlutely.

August 18th - http://www.uptowntheater.com/homesite/calendar.html

SoonerStormchaser
6/6/2008, 04:16 PM
Dude...why do you want to go see that band when John Tesh is coming much earlier?

LosAngelesSooner
6/6/2008, 04:51 PM
I don't think that your first paragraph is correct. In fact, iTunes specifically gives you a message to back up your purchased music saying that you cannot redownload stuff that's been previously downloaded.
That's weird, because I've done it and I wasn't charged...

Scott D
6/6/2008, 05:16 PM

You've been under surveillance by the RIAA since that day...good luck buster ;)

LosAngelesSooner
6/6/2008, 05:44 PM
derrrrrnnnnn......it

BigRedJed
6/6/2008, 05:53 PM
Yep, it set sail for good back in '96.
Wrong, it set sail for good back in '86 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raised_on_Radio). Raised on Radio was an abomination. Nothing even HALFWAY worthwhile has been regurgitated by those guys since Frontiers.

And, if you want me to be totally honest about it, despite record sales that would indicate otherwise, Journey's best days were behind it when Gregg Rolie left in '80.

And I'll third the motion that the fact that 100 (actually, probably a thousand) times more people care about whatever pablum Journey is gagging out than the new MMJ album shows how ****ed up the music industry is these days.

SoonerStormchaser
6/6/2008, 06:11 PM
Wrong, it set sail for good back in '86 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raised_on_Radio). Raised on Radio was an abomination. Nothing even HALFWAY worthwhile has been regurgitated by those guys since Frontiers.

And, if you want me to be totally honest about it, despite record sales that would indicate otherwise, Journey's best days were behind it when Gregg Rolie left in '80.

And I'll third the motion that the fact that 100 (actually, probably a thousand) times more people care about whatever pablum Journey is gagging out than the new MMJ album shows how ****ed up the music industry is these days.

Blasphemy! Of course, I only say that cause "Girl Can't Help It" is my favorite song by them!

SoonerStormchaser
6/7/2008, 01:21 PM
Judge for yourself:
4TLurt26ne4
"Never Walk Away"

Scott D
6/7/2008, 01:55 PM
wow, that song would do the backstreet boys proud.

Frozen Sooner
6/7/2008, 02:00 PM

From Apple's Website:

Why do I need to back up my music library?

Be sure to make regular backups of your music files (in your iTunes Music folder) by copying them to an external hard disk or other media. Otherwise, if your hard disk becomes damaged or you lose any of the music you've purchased, you'll have to buy any purchased music again to rebuild your library.

King Crimson
6/7/2008, 02:08 PM
Froz is right about this. and as much as i think/know iTunes sucks out loud like a million Hoovers i've been careful in this regard.

if i'm *paying* for low compression rates, only major label releases trafficking as the "hip", and a ****-ton of adverts and cultural revolution...i always back it up.

apple pretty much invented file-sharing and having an espresso drink and square framed horn rim glasses.

en4cer
6/7/2008, 09:07 PM
Judge for yourself:
4TLurt26ne4
"Never Walk Away"

Puleeze...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWZguoMqEfk&feature=related

Its only fair ya gotta show both..

SoonerStormchaser
6/8/2008, 10:01 AM
Yah...I agree.

The one thing about their new lead singer is that he can't hit the high notes like Perry could in Infinity, Evolution and Departure. I listened to him covering "Wheel In the Sky" and "Lights." No thanks. Now on "Faithfully" and "Only the Young," those were decent.

Dio
6/27/2008, 10:22 PM
The new album is actually decent. And the sales seem to indicate that switching singers may have been a good career move, even if it proved (once again) that Neal and Jon are d*cks. I just hope they don't cancel the show.

BillyBall
6/27/2008, 11:13 PM
This thread is ****ing priceless. In so many ways.

SoonerStormchaser
6/28/2008, 08:45 AM
So does that mean you're buying tickets to the show in OKC next month?

SoonerStormchaser
7/2/2008, 06:02 PM
So far, this CD has sold over 1.1 million copies (their best since "Raised On Radio") and this song:
SswnbpA2qZ0
has climbed into the top 20!

Naysayers can bite me!

def_lazer_fc
7/2/2008, 06:09 PM
and ranked above journey right now are: lil wayne, some soundtrack for a ****ty disney made for tv movie, NOW!, disturbed, and good god! offspring is still around?!! who knew.

BigRedJed
7/2/2008, 06:43 PM
"Best since 'Raised on Radio.'" That's quite an endorsement.

KC//CRIMSON
7/2/2008, 06:45 PM
"Best since 'Raised on Radio.'" That's quite an endorsement.

"Cougars" and "Blue Hairs" gotta spend their money on something....

BigRedJed
7/2/2008, 06:47 PM
Did you listen to the voice of the lady making the request in that YouTube?

KC//CRIMSON
7/2/2008, 06:50 PM
Did you listen to the voice of the lady making the request in that YouTube?

Bingo.

def_lazer_fc
7/2/2008, 08:18 PM
a whole thread of grown, presumably straight, men talking about journey. love it. :D

Dio
7/2/2008, 08:22 PM
Yeah, that's why I was hoping they'd stick with Jeff Scott Soto- nothing like Yngwie's old singer to drive off the Delilah crowd.

def_lazer_fc
7/2/2008, 08:27 PM
Judge for yourself:
4TLurt26ne4
"Never Walk Away"

if the soundtrack to karate kid 2 still does it for you, then i suppose this song is pretty "good".:confused:

Viking Kitten
7/2/2008, 09:20 PM
So far, this CD has sold over 1.1 million copies (their best since "Raised On Radio") and this song:
SswnbpA2qZ0
has climbed into the top 20!

Naysayers can bite me!

Wow. That is quite possibly one of the crappiest songs I've ever heard.

It's as if they've taken every cheesy romantic cliche ever invented and compiled them into one weakass tune.

"In our hearts we've made our home
Where our children all have grown
Precious moments time can not erase"

I wish the guy who wrote that lyric would walk out in front of a semi on that gypsy highway he's been livin' up and down.

SoonerStormchaser
7/2/2008, 09:55 PM
But it's already established that all of Jonathan Cain's sappy-*** love songs make good radio hits...and you still listen to them even though they are sappy as ****!

Scott D
7/2/2008, 10:38 PM
was anyone aware that they had released anything since Raised on Radio before this CD? :D

sooneron
7/3/2008, 07:52 AM
was anyone aware that they had released anything since Raised on Radio before this CD? :D

put me down as being in that camp.

Journey = no longer relevant

BigRedJed
7/3/2008, 11:09 AM
BTW, Raised on Radio was a contract-fulfillment, and sounds like one. They even credit someone in the liner notes for "forcing us to make this record."

yes, at one time i bothered to read liner notes in journey albums.

sooneron
7/3/2008, 04:46 PM
yes, at one time i bothered to read liner notes in journey albums.

for shame:rolleyes:

BigRedJed
7/3/2008, 05:01 PM
Hey, I was 18. That's far from the stupidest **** I was doing when I was 18.

SoonerFanatik
7/22/2008, 03:07 PM
This new lead singer sounds pretty good, but I wish they never said that they found him thru Youtube. That's kinda cheesy. Rock bands should never be discovered:
a. On American Idol
b. On myspace
c. On Youtube

SoonerStormchaser
7/22/2008, 03:10 PM
Bwa ha ha...it got resurrected just in time for the concert tomorrow...I LOVE IT!

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/22/2008, 03:18 PM
For the love of...

...let this thread die. Like Steve Perry's career...please. Can I lock it? Can I just lock it? Please? Can I?

BigRedJed
7/22/2008, 03:19 PM
Die? This thread was stillborn.

NormanPride
7/22/2008, 04:07 PM
MMJ was meh. Journey is old.

JohnnyMack
7/22/2008, 04:10 PM
Wow. That is quite possibly one of the crappiest songs I've ever heard.

It's as if they've taken every cheesy romantic cliche ever invented and compiled them into one weakass tune.

"In our hearts we've made our home
Where our children all have grown
Precious moments time can not erase"

I wish the guy who wrote that lyric would walk out in front of a semi on that gypsy highway he's been livin' up and down.

I expected that dude to bust into "Butterfly Kisses" at any moment.

soonerboomer93
7/22/2008, 04:11 PM
lock it

SoonerStormchaser
7/22/2008, 04:23 PM
Hell no...I'm still enjoying this thread in all it's glorious lameness!

Condescending Sooner
7/22/2008, 05:14 PM
BSG has an unnatural dislike for Journey for a girl. Something bad happen to you at a Journey concert?

SoonerFanatik
7/25/2008, 02:04 AM
This song sounds like the old Journey song, Be Good to Yourself ... only not as good.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/25/2008, 09:58 AM
Oh, no - don't get me wrong. I loved them back in the day. Anything after Frontiers pretty much blew, though. Ripped my heart out to see them turn to a long-haired pile of doodoo.

I loved them. I just hate this thread. I'm flipping it off right now.

And MMJ is 'meh'? I'm flipping it off with both hands now.

SoonerStormchaser
7/25/2008, 10:12 AM
I tried locking it...but I can't. Even I'm sick of it now...

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/25/2008, 10:14 AM
Heh.

If I locked every thread that I thought sucked Havok would be very sad.

:les: WHAT?! I'M KIDDING!!!

Fugue
7/25/2008, 11:14 AM
Sassy Booty