mdklatt
6/5/2008, 03:07 PM
Never seen this before.

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
FIRE WARNING
KIOWA COUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
RELAYED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORMAN OK
227 PM CDT THU JUN 5 2008

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS BEING TRANSMITTED AT THE REQUEST OF KIOWACOUNTY EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT.

A LARGE FIRE WAS BURNING OUT OF CONTROL AND MOVING NORTHWARD INTO THE TOWN OF GOTEBO. THE FIRE WAS LOCATED ALONG MAIN STREET. PEOPLE IN AND CLOSE TO GOTEBO SHOULD EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY. IF YOU ARE LOCATED WEST OF MAIN STREET IN GOTEBO...PLEASE DRIVE WEST TOWARD HOBART. IF YOU LIVE EAST OF MAIN STREET IN GOTEBO...PLEASE DRIVE EAST TOWARD MOUNTAIN VIEW.

:gary:

Newbomb Turk
6/5/2008, 03:39 PM
I just saw that on the map and thought the same thing.

Fire Warning?? :confused:

Tulsa_Fireman
6/5/2008, 05:03 PM
Thank you, Oklahoma south wind.

For being a ******rocket.

mdklatt
6/5/2008, 05:07 PM
Thank you, Oklahoma south wind.

For being a ******rocket.

It's about to get a whole lot worse when that squall line moves in.

GrapevineSooner
6/5/2008, 05:18 PM
Dear :gary:

Could you send some rain down here to Texas?

TIA

bluedogok
6/5/2008, 08:58 PM

TIA

We definitely have the wind this week, reminds me of living in OKC.

tommieharris91
6/5/2008, 09:05 PM
We definitely have the wind this week, reminds me of living in OKC.

We had some 50mph gusts of win in Norman today. The big stuff is about .5hr out too.

mdklatt
6/5/2008, 10:51 PM

TIA

Sorry, your rainy season is over down there. :hot:

Curly Bill
6/5/2008, 10:57 PM
Out here in the Saxet panhandle it was dust bowl redux today. Had a fire started somewhere it would have burned eleventy acres before you could blink.

mdklatt
6/5/2008, 10:58 PM
Out here in the Saxet panhandle it was dust bowl redux today. Had a fire started somewhere it would have burned eleventy acres before you could blink.

Sand don't burn. :D

Curly Bill
6/5/2008, 11:00 PM
Sand don't burn. :D

All the sand was in the air :D -- it's that tall (and dry) prairie grass that would have burned like gasoline.

OU-HSV
6/5/2008, 11:33 PM
No fire warning here...but I'm about to be under a storm warning, got that nice little line of storms moving through shortly. Lots of lightning flashing on the horizon
http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=inx&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

tommieharris91
6/5/2008, 11:38 PM
Umm post again when you can. Hope you stay safe.

OU-HSV
6/5/2008, 11:40 PM
Yeah now it's looking like a tornado warning may be issued anytime. And they show that tracking directly toward my area if it holds together. Gotta love spring storms in Oklahoma.

OU-HSV
6/5/2008, 11:44 PM
Talked to my parents who live in town in B.A. the sirens just sounded there already

tommieharris91
6/5/2008, 11:47 PM
Talked to my parents who live in town in B.A. the sirens just sounded there already

Where? My family lives (and I kinda do too) around 71st and Lynn Lane. Channel 6 reports tornado sirens sounding all around Tulsa.

OU-HSV
6/5/2008, 11:48 PM
My rents are near 81st and 145th.
I live east of town, haven't sounded here just yet

mdklatt
6/5/2008, 11:54 PM
Channel 6 reports tornado sirens sounding all around Tulsa.

Weaksauce. Maybe there will be some spin-up (a "gustnado") along the leading edge where there's a little notch, but nothing that could knock over anything but a trailer.

tommieharris91
6/6/2008, 12:02 AM
Yea, they're saying 60mph winds now. :gary::gary::gary:

mdklatt
6/6/2008, 12:06 AM
Yea, they're saying 60mph winds now.

There's a nasty little bow echo forming just south of Tulsa. 60 MPH will be on the low side right there.

OU-HSV
6/6/2008, 12:43 AM
Yea, they're saying 60mph winds now. :gary::gary::gary:

You check on your rents?

My wife and I were looking West/Northwest from my house and saw a decent size tornado/funnel...whether it hit the ground or not I'm not sure. But there were a few power flashes. To give you perspective, seemed to be in the area of 91st and 81st and hwy 51 or so probably. And I'm certain that was a funnel, no doubt in my mind. I had my wife look too just to be sure that's what I saw. At that point I had my wife and son hurry to the utility room and I dragged our mattress in there, and my son's stuffed animals, etc. That will get the heart racing.
Hope all is well with everyone else that's in the B.A. area.

tommieharris91
6/6/2008, 01:04 AM
You check on your rents?

My wife and I were looking West/Northwest from my house and saw a decent size tornado/funnel...whether it hit the ground or not I'm not sure. But there were a few power flashes. To give you perspective, seemed to be in the area of 91st and 81st and hwy 51 or so probably. And I'm certain that was a funnel, no doubt in my mind. I had my wife look too just to be sure that's what I saw. At that point I had my wife and son hurry to the utility room and I dragged our mattress in there, and my son's stuffed animals, etc. That will get the heart racing.
Hope all is well with everyone else that's in the B.A. area.

Like, how close to the high school do you think? Anyway, my sister says she's fine, but she usually isn't at home right now.

OU-HSV
6/6/2008, 01:06 AM
I'm watching channel 6 and their storm chaser is saying the further south (from catoosa) into B.A. she drives the more damage she is seeing. Said power lines down at 61st and Lynn Lane. (so that's damn close to the high school) And she said it's really dark.

tommieharris91
6/6/2008, 01:11 AM
Umm, 61st and Lynn Lane is the northwest corner of my neighborhood.

OU-HSV
6/6/2008, 01:13 AM
Umm, 61st and Lynn Lane is the northwest corner of my neighborhood.

Nice. Have you looked outside?

tommieharris91
6/6/2008, 01:17 AM
Apparently my house has power and everything is good. :cool: I'm in Norman right now, so this is pretty much all hearsay from you and weather reports.

OU-HSV
6/6/2008, 01:22 AM
Apparently my house has power and everything is good. :cool: I'm in Norman right now, so this is pretty much all hearsay from you and weather reports.

I see.
Well they were definately saying there's damage in B.A. And my wife and I for sure saw a funnel/tornado, but we live out east/southeast of your area a ways further than the high school. And the good news is we're not hearing of tons and tons of bad damage, just trees and power lines so far..so I would assume that maybe the tornado didn't touch down long, or only got very close to touching down.