PDA

View Full Version : reason #32487 government should stay out of marriage

yermom
6/4/2008, 08:13 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080604/ap_on_re_eu/france_virgin_marriage

why does anyone care why they want a marriage annulled? why does the government need to bless this process?

some Muslim cleric should be dissolving their marriage in their terms

if the woman also wants out of the marriage, what is the problem?

if she wants to marry some Muslim d00d in a Muslim fashion, why are the feminazi's involved? would they rather he throw acid on her face or something?

i just don't see what positive outcome there would be in this judge not allowing the marriage to be anulled

Chuck Bao
6/4/2008, 08:23 PM
Yeah, like marrying virgins or the deal is off is so passy.

Cam
6/4/2008, 08:56 PM
The court decision "is a real fatwa against the emancipation and liberty of women."

Yeah, cause us men nevar lie. :D

Article 180 of the Civil Code states that when a couple enters into a marriage, if the "essential qualities" of a spouse are misrepresented, then "the other spouse can seek the nullity of the marriage." Past examples of marriages that were annulled include a husband found to be impotent and a wife who was a prostitute, according to attorney Xavier Labbee.

D'oh. :eek: :pop:

SanJoaquinSooner
6/5/2008, 06:22 AM
is marriage a legal contract?

Okla-homey
6/5/2008, 06:54 AM
Me likey.

If she promised she had not done the deed and the d00d married her on the basis of that promise, he's off the hook.

That's called fraud in the inducement, and that is a basis for contract avoidance most everywhere. Even if it was only a mistake on his part, if she knew (or should have known) he beleived she was intact, and that was the basis of their bargain to marry; that too can void the contract. :D

6/5/2008, 07:05 AM
In the Muslim faith, is it required the male be a virgin as well at marriage?

Okla-homey
6/5/2008, 07:12 AM
In the Muslim faith, is it required the male be a virgin as well at marriage?

Virgin in the sense they haven't had secks with a woman outside of marriage. That's a requirement because it is a capital crime under Sharia law. Now, the thing is, they don't count the butt secks with boys as affecting a d00ds morality/virginity. Ever read "The Kite Runner?"

6/5/2008, 07:15 AM
Ah, well that makes sense. Doing the dooker is fine as long as you don't eat bacon.

Their rules really make sense.

So if you are the catcher in this scenerio, your still a "virgin" right?

Harry Beanbag
6/5/2008, 07:17 AM
They have a saying over there, "women are for babies, boys are for fun".

Taxman71
6/5/2008, 09:03 AM
They can tell that?

http://img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/medias/nmedia/18/65/17/41/18835014.jpg

OUDoc
6/5/2008, 09:08 AM
She promised "guaranteed fresh by" and apparently changed the dates. :)
I can't believe this is a story either way, honestly.

Widescreen
6/5/2008, 09:49 AM
I'm surprised that the feminists even have a voice in this matter.

Bone
6/5/2008, 11:58 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080604/ap_on_re_eu/france_virgin_marriage

why does anyone care why they want a marriage annulled? why does the government need to bless this process?

some Muslim cleric should be dissolving their marriage in their terms

if the woman also wants out of the marriage, what is the problem?

if she wants to marry some Muslim d00d in a Muslim fashion, why are the feminazi's involved? would they rather he throw acid on her face or something?

i just don't see what positive outcome there would be in this judge not allowing the marriage to be anulled

There are a lot of things the government shouldn't be involved in. I agree that this is one of them.