PDA

View Full Version : nobody in my office is working

soonerbrat
6/4/2008, 01:55 PM
today. I think it is social hour. we took a 2 hour lunch and now I'm the only one at my desk.

sooner_born_1960
6/4/2008, 02:03 PM
Are other people usually at your desk?

soonerbrat
6/4/2008, 02:08 PM
i'm the only one at his or her own desk.

sooner_born_1960
6/4/2008, 02:09 PM
Well, get up and go socialize.

NormanPride
6/4/2008, 02:10 PM
Brat's just being responsible. Go Brat!

sooner_born_1960
We just had a fire drill. It'll be a couple hours before anyone gets back to work here.

soonerbrat
i just did for 2 hours at lunch. that's plenty.

6/4/2008, 02:11 PM
My office is like that today as well. I welcome it, though. I'm going through everyone's desks and gathering spare change.

Turd_Ferguson
6/4/2008, 02:12 PM
My office is like that today as well. I welcome it, though. I'm going through everyone's desks and gathering spare change.Could you get me all the staple removers please? TIA

Hot Rod
6/4/2008, 02:13 PM
2 hours lunches take a lot out of people

soonerbrat
6/4/2008, 02:14 PM
My office is like that today as well. I welcome it, though. I'm going through everyone's desks and gathering spare change.

stay out of my desk, there's no change in it.
besides, our soda machine sodas only cost a quarter, and we have vendors that supply us with rolls of quarters..oh, and there was a meeting today so there's a big basket of snacks in the conference room. no need for change here

soonerbrat
6/4/2008, 02:14 PM
2 hours lunches take a lot out of people

we went to zio's. i'm in a carbohydrate coma

ousoonerfan
6/4/2008, 02:15 PM
I had to move 30 filing cabinets this morning...

I ain't doing **** this afternoon.

SoonerInKCMO
6/4/2008, 02:19 PM
our soda machine sodas only cost a quarter

You hiring?

That'd save me about $3/day... which is like a $1k/yr raise before taxes.

soonerbrat
6/4/2008, 02:22 PM
You hiring?

That'd save me about $3/day... which is like a $1k/yr raise before taxes.

actually we just learned today that we are getting a new employee in 2 weeks in our department.

Chuck Bao
6/4/2008, 02:23 PM
The same thing happened in my office today, Brat.

We took a two-hour department lunch and after I woke up from my two-hour afternoon nap, I discovered that I was the only one at my desk.

soonerbrat
6/4/2008, 02:26 PM
if i took a 2 hour nap now, it'd be time to go home when i woke up. that's a great idea!

NormanPride
6/4/2008, 02:31 PM
Wait... you're not being responsible at all!

M
6/4/2008, 02:36 PM
I think a lot of people I work with think I am anti-social; however, I just don't think standing around talking to middle-aged women about their potato salad recipes is all that much fun.

soonerbrat
6/4/2008, 02:36 PM
yes i am. kinda. i'm working. a little.

crawfish
6/4/2008, 02:46 PM
I think they're all coming into my office asking questions.

LET ME WORK, PEOPLE!!! :mad:

soonerbrat
6/4/2008, 03:12 PM
questions? go ask crawfish. i'm busy.

soonermix
6/4/2008, 03:37 PM
well i do have a case of the fridays

Viking Kitten
6/4/2008, 03:42 PM
I like mustard potato salad myself. I like to add in a little pickle juice too. Gives it a little "zip."

olevetonahill
6/4/2008, 03:43 PM
I like mustard potato salad myself. I like to add in a little pickle juice too. Gives it a little "zip."

I like tater salad . What your Best recipe ?

M
6/4/2008, 03:44 PM

:mad: ;)

olevetonahill
6/4/2008, 03:45 PM
:mad: ;)

WEll hell Woman , Whats your Recipe ?

soonerbrat
6/4/2008, 04:04 PM
no pickle stuff in my potato salad please. I just want Walt's recipe

Viking Kitten
6/4/2008, 04:09 PM
M, if if a potato salad discussion devolved into violence, would you come out of your office then? Cuz I think I could take Brat.

M
6/4/2008, 04:13 PM
Heck yeah. Come on over. You guys could duke it out on the new boardroom table while I observe from one of those new leather chairs.

crawfish
6/4/2008, 04:16 PM
Heck yeah. Come on over. You guys could duke it out on the new boardroom table while I observe from one of those new leather chairs.

There are far better ways to say that.

M
6/4/2008, 04:17 PM
Interpret that as you will.

soonerbrat
6/4/2008, 04:36 PM
M, if if a potato salad discussion devolved into violence, would you come out of your office then? Cuz I think I could take Brat.

only cuz i'm injured right now.

Viking Kitten
6/4/2008, 04:42 PM
It took you nearly half an hour to respond to my threats, Brat. That means you were either a)away from your desk socializing or b)actually working. Either way, this thread is a sham.

soonerbrat
6/4/2008, 04:46 PM
no, i was goofing on myspace and it freaked out my computer...i had to restart it like 5 times

Beef
6/4/2008, 04:47 PM
I hope talking about tater salad means something other than talking about tater salad.

Viking Kitten
6/4/2008, 04:49 PM
I hope it doesn't have some meaning akin to "jelly donut." Because that would just be gross.

olevetonahill
6/4/2008, 05:17 PM
Im really wantin a decent Recipe. Thats the One thing I never watched My Momma make .

M
6/4/2008, 08:24 PM
I hope it doesn't have some meaning akin to "jelly donut." Because that would just be gross.

Oh geez. Jelly donuts are the worst thing ever. And I mean EVER.

jkjsooner
6/4/2008, 08:49 PM
our soda machine sodas only cost a quarter,

We had that too until corporate decided we had to have the corporate standard soda machines. I don't know who subsidized the quarter sodas but the annoying thing is that is wasn't about the money but about corporate standards. Such B.S.

Oh, and anything other than white or off-white walls is against corporate standard as well. The group I'm working for now was originally another company that was bought by my company. They had a great break room that looked and feeled like a club lounge (dark red walls and everything). Once corporate saw it they changed it to a meeting room with white walls and everything.

bluedogok
6/4/2008, 10:32 PM
The firm that I worked at before had free sodas.

The new firm built a new office and it is WAY too white for my liking...and then they wonder why the white tile floor with the raised grippy ribs can't get clean.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/4/2008, 10:46 PM
We had that too until corporate decided we had to have the corporate standard soda machines. I don't know who subsidized the quarter sodas but the annoying thing is that is wasn't about the money but about corporate standards. Such B.S.

Oh, and anything other than white or off-white walls is against corporate standard as well. The group I'm working for now was originally another company that was bought by my company. They had a great break room that looked and feeled like a club lounge (dark red walls and everything). Once corporate saw it they changed it to a meeting room with white walls and everything.Our janitor told one of my coworkers he was picking out paint for the bathrooms. He said he was thinking of painting them an off white color "because it would be easier." Coworker vetoed that and now I think the private bathroom next to my office is going to be navy blue.

The state agency for blind people fills our soda machines and the sodas cost 65 cents. When the prices were raised from 55 cents people actually bitched to the big boss and threatened to boycott the machines. :rolleyes:

One last thing, today was the longest day. At 11am I thought it was about 1:30 so the day just dragged on even though I was busy.

Whet
6/4/2008, 10:52 PM
today. I think it is social hour. we took a 2 hour lunch and now I'm the only one at my desk.

I would like to see you tomorrow morning at 8am in my office.

texas bandman
6/5/2008, 01:06 AM

Everybody else probably doesn't have a cool socializing group online like SO, therefore they have to rely on face to face to feel worthwhile. :D

Hamhock
6/5/2008, 06:26 AM
could we get back to the girl on girl action?

Fraggle145
6/5/2008, 11:03 AM
today instead of working my entire lab group decided to go to pick blackberries in Sadler, TX. Then after picking them and eating them, and haing cookies and coffee we got back around 10. More than half have disappeared to go take a nap...

soonerbrat
6/5/2008, 12:25 PM
today instead of working my entire lab group decided to go to pick blackberries in Sadler, TX. Then after picking them and eating them, and haing cookies and coffee we got back around 10. More than half have disappeared to go take a nap...

lab group? what kind of lab? is that too nosy? i used to do pharmaceutical research, i'm just interested.

and yeah, everyone is goofing off today again
it's my boss' birthday so we all brought snacks, then one of our vendors brought
these:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/soonerbrat/strawberries-1.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/soonerbrat/strawberries-2.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/soonerbrat/strawberries-3.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/soonerbrat/strawberries-4.jpg

and I just discovered that the cake that one of my coworkers brought is actually a chocolate CHEESECAKE

i think i've gained 10 pounds today

bluedogok
6/5/2008, 09:03 PM
My wife makes that kind of stuff all the time (she eventually wants to open up her own shop), my co-workers love it when I walk in with a plate.

Needless to say, there is usually no shortage of sweets around here.....that reminds me, she made cookies today :D