PDA

View Full Version : Just Back From The ER

StoopTroup
6/4/2008, 01:01 AM
Yep...

My Dad called me this afternoon and told me my 1st Brother was bringing my 2nd Brother to Dad's House as he thought my 2nd Brother had had another seizure. I asked Dad why 1st Brother wasn't just taking him to the Hospital. He said he wanted to examine him and make the call himself.

I called my 1st Brother and asked 2nd Brother's condition. He told me. I told him he ought to take 2nD Brother to the Hospital. He said he didn't want to upset Dad. I told him not to unload 2nd Brother when he got to Dad's House. I told him I wanted Dad to evaluate 2nd Brother in the truck.

1st Brother brought 2nd Brother right into the house and 2nd Brother convinced Dad that he was gonna be OK. This was at about 3 pm this afternoon.

I examined my Brother and he had a lump about the size and shape of a banana on the right top of his head. I told him he had suffered a head injury at the very least and I felt he should go to the ER just to be on the safe side. My Mom jumped all over me and told me that Dad (The Doctor - Retired) has made the decision to not take him. I told Mom that my 2nd Brother is 39 years old and seems to be able to make an intelligent decision on his own at the moment and that if he decides not to go to the ER, then it was his call. I told them both that I highly recommended 2nd Brother go get checked out but if he wasn't going to go...at least it was his decision and that if he died during the night I at least tried to convince him to make the right call and go to the ER. He kind of looked like he might have a seizure right then but he kind of came out of it quick and said he could live with his decision to not go to the ER. I said fine...I too can live with that. I left and went on with my Life.

Tonight Dad called. They were at the ER and he told me that I was right earlier and that he should have listened.

2nd Brother had had 3-4 more seizures after I left and Mom (Who has Pancreatic Cancer) had to drive Dad and my Brother to the ER tonight around 9:30 pm. Dad can't drive anymore.

I went up there and made them go on Home and the Doctors Admitted my Brother. I got him settled in a room about 12 am.

I'm beat.

Prayers for my Brother please.

Thanks again Oval.

ST

SouthFortySooner
6/4/2008, 01:17 AM
Sir, please know, I know about, "life and living" and "death and dying". Trust God and the instinct you have to get the best out of each day. It will serve you well and bolster an ability to cope and fight off depression in the days to come. SFS

StoopTroup
6/4/2008, 01:34 AM
I'm not depressed though.

I'm just tired of fighting with folks who are ill.

I just needed to vent.

God has been with me every step of the way today.

I did all the right things.

I've had to deal with stuff like this for lots of folks in the past too South Forty...It's just different when it's your own Family.

Thanks for the encouragement.

I better go get some sleep.

Tomorrow is probably a very long day.

olevetonahill
6/4/2008, 06:52 AM
Are you ever gonna get an EMPTY plate ?
Got Ya covered Bro

sooner_born_1960
6/4/2008, 07:54 AM
StoopTroop, I'll say a prayer for your brother.

swardboy
6/4/2008, 07:56 AM
Becoming a parent to one's parents has to be the toughest test in life. I'm not there yet but see it looming. I'll try to concentrate on the incredible love and opportunities they freely gave me.

It must be nice to know the good doctor retracted his earlier opinion at least:D

OUDoc
6/4/2008, 08:08 AM
I hope your brother's okay.

sooner n houston
6/4/2008, 08:11 AM
Prayers sent!

Tailwind
6/4/2008, 11:00 AM
I'm glad you have some sense. Prayers for your brother and for your family to get some of your sense. Has to be aggrivating. I hope they all listen to you from now on.

stoopified
6/4/2008, 11:00 AM
Hang in there ST,my prayers to you and your family.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/4/2008, 11:19 AM
You've been on my daily list for a while, so i'm still in

6/4/2008, 11:22 AM
Take care, ST. That's a rough stretch of road there.

StoopTroup
6/4/2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks all.

Just got back from the Hospital this morning.

He's doing better and the Doctors are starting to figure things out quite a bit quicker than they did the last time I had my Brother in there.

All is well this morning.

Have a good Day Folks.

ST

NormanPride
6/4/2008, 11:33 AM
Constant flow of good thoughts and prayers coming from this one. Stay positive and your relatives will feed off of you!

Cam
6/4/2008, 09:15 PM
Hope everything turns out alright man.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/5/2008, 08:59 AM
I'm not depressed though.

I'm just tired of fighting with folks who are ill.

I just needed to vent.

God has been with me every step of the way today.

I did all the right things.

I've had to deal with stuff like this for lots of folks in the past too South Forty...It's just different when it's your own Family.

Thanks for the encouragement.

I better go get some sleep.

Tomorrow is probably a very long day.

Peace be with you...I know how you feel,

from my In-Laws who are falling apart slowly to my mother who gives my father aspirin and a cold compress for what we find to be a cerebral hemorage...Mom's answer for everthing is a cold compress, or if its bleeding, some sort of horse salve she used as a kid...

Sooner_Havok
6/5/2008, 12:40 PM
I may hate going to doctors, but if I was randomly losing conscientiousness, I think I might ask someone to take me to the doctor. Glad to see common sense won out finally and your brother is getting some medical care. Hope everything works out man, I'll keep you and him in my thoughts.

StoopTroup
6/5/2008, 08:05 PM
Well....my Brother is out of the Hospital.

He's staying with Mom and Dad for now.

Hopefully they will all play nice.

Anyway...it seems this episode is going to be much easier for him to get over.

Thanks everyone.

ST

olevetonahill
6/5/2008, 08:23 PM
Good to hear, Hope Its all good news for you from here on out .

OU-HSV
6/5/2008, 08:25 PM
Just now read this thread, sorry to hear about it all...Hope your situation gets better, hang in there