PDA

View Full Version : God help us all If this is correct

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 11:54 PM
Just got this in an Email From a Vet site

Pass this on to your local papers

The shocking truth is that only 28 percent of the 17 to 24 year-old population is qualified to join the military and wear a military uniform, and many of those don't join for a variety of reasons, college, etc. The other 72 percent fail to meet minimum standards, can't pass the entrance exam, have police or court records, or are out of shape, overweight or have disabilities.

The Soldiers, Sailors, Airman and Marines we have are in fact America's best. Hire them when they come home, tell them thanks for serving.

(s) Dan Cedusky, Col, Army retired
Champaign IL

tommieharris91
6/4/2008, 12:00 AM
Just got this in an Email From a Vet site

Pass this on to your local papers

The shocking truth is that only 28 percent of the 17 to 24 year-old population is qualified to join the military and wear a military uniform, and many of those don't join for a variety of reasons, college, etc. The other 72 percent fail to meet minimum standards, can't pass the entrance exam, have police or court records, or are out of shape, overweight or have disabilities.

The Soldiers, Sailors, Airman and Marines we have are in fact America's best. Hire them when they come home, tell them thanks for serving.

(s) Dan Cedusky, Col, Army retired
Champaign IL
These are what worry me the most.

SouthFortySooner
6/4/2008, 01:06 AM
I was priveleged to stand with 300 soldiers, including my son, heading back to Iraq Sunday. After 5 hours of delay this group of men and women were still bright eyed (discounting those who were asleep), and exceedingly polite. No whining about their situation. To a man they seemed to have a sincere purpose and mission. There was a near reverent hush about this group and I was proud to quietly move from one to another and shake their hand wishing them well. The stark difference in them and the freaks which roam DFW is what speaks to their "hireability". Yes, they are the best.