PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Webb

OklahomaTuba
6/3/2008, 08:33 PM
I live a block away from Brandon Webb. I cannot believe this kid is going to aggot state.

HIS HOUSE IS COVERED IN OU ****!!!!!!!!

His dad was an OU All American.

Even his car is crimon.

WTF is this all about?!??!?!?!?!?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Curly Bill
6/3/2008, 08:41 PM
That's a lot to live up to. Dad being an all-american at OU might be part of the issue. Maybe he's scared?

Scott D
6/3/2008, 10:06 PM
I heard from the friend of a friend of a friend's cousin over at the Sonic that Webb chose pokey state because of some crazy former tuba player that lives a block away being a stalker ;)

tommieharris91
6/3/2008, 11:14 PM
Haha, aggie would recruit this guy (http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=425630) to play football for them.

Scott D
6/4/2008, 06:57 AM
Haha, aggie would recruit this guy (http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=425630) to play football for them.

hell they are still trying to figure out how this guy (http://www.georgiadogs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8800&ATCLID=344286) slipped through the cracks of their elite recruiting team four years ago.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/4/2008, 08:27 AM
Well it's not like he signed his LOI. So ya never know.

snp
6/4/2008, 03:31 PM
OSU outworked OU on this one. I don't think it's over though.

olevetonahill
6/4/2008, 03:38 PM
I heard from the friend of a friend of a friend's cousin over at the Sonic that Webb chose pokey state because of some crazy former tuba player that lives a block away being a stalker ;)

Naw some one told Him Tuba Politics was a freshman requirement :eek:

soonerfan28
6/4/2008, 04:31 PM
Did we even offer. I know his daddy played here, but it seems like we hadn't even offered this guy. Maybe he just like ugly uni's.

BillyBall
6/4/2008, 04:47 PM
Did we even offer. I know his daddy played here, but it seems like we hadn't even offered this guy. Maybe he just like ugly uni's.

He has an OU offer, we just held out a long time offering OL this year and he has been getting a lot of aggie love for the last year.

OklahomaTuba
6/4/2008, 09:19 PM
I saw him outside playing basketball or something yesterday. He was wearing an OU shirt.

I still don't get it.

OklahomaTuba
6/4/2008, 09:21 PM
OSU outworked OU on this one. I don't think it's over though.

If we can't land a kid like this, Lord help us.

Cam
6/4/2008, 09:30 PM
Maybe the kid just wants to make his own name and not live off of Dad's shadow. Couldn't really blame him if that's the case.

Either way, it's a long time till February.

Scott D
6/4/2008, 11:07 PM
If we can't land a kid like this, Lord help us.

if we don't land him, I heard from Tom Lemming that the Lord is going to strike you down for it. :D

The Consumate Showman
6/5/2008, 12:55 AM
I think this is a genuine case of a kid buying into - blindly I might add - the hoopla-bullcrap-lieing your face off-full of it-junk-looooovvvveee that Wickline and the other puke coaches have been feeding him about:

"Oh, we need you and you can start early...look at OU...they haven't even offered you yet and you're Dad played there and was an AA...we have been wanting you since you were a sophomore and we've showed you the 'LOVE'...oh, and did we mention that you can play early, probably from day one since we have do depth- that is unless we decide to sign 15 JUCO's at the end of the year-...and you won't have to work near as hard here as at OU...oh, and there is that old man that stops by every afternoon, but we have no idea what that's all about..."

I really hate this. I can't even wrap my head around the idea of this. As a father, I would have no problem with my son going to a school other than OU if he was going into an academic field and was going to get himself a good education, but when your son has the POTENTIAL - that's a loaded word I know - to possibly one day play on Sundays, why wouldn't you as a father sit your son down and explain to him that "I went here and look what it did for me. I greatly succeeded.

Now, let's throw Terry and all the other great former linemen of days past out of the equation for a minute. Look at OU's recent history with OL and the NFL. Stockar McDougle, Chris Chester, Jammal Brown, Davin Jospeh...That's three first rounders and a 2nd round guy in the past ten years. OSU...not-so-much. Charlie Johnson? 7th rounder? Is that what you want to be a part of? Going to Shreveport or best case scenario San Antonio in a bowl...IF you can muster up enough D-II opponents to pad your record at the beginning of the year...

Sorry..went on. I just don't understand kids sometimes.

Next post: "Uhhh, he just wanted to be an aggie...Duh!"

goingoneight
6/6/2008, 12:52 AM
Guys, seriously... he's an 18-year old kid. Gundy offered first, Gundy followed up, Stoops held off. Even if for that's not the reason, it's not hard to see how in JUNE of his summer break that he took OSU up on their offer.

BTW, I don't think we're having trouble recruiting the O-line, and we'll win with him or without him. So before this ends up a fifty page Bed-lame thread like every OSU board, get over it. He's just an O-lineman and hasn't even played a senior season yet.

soonerfan28
6/6/2008, 09:37 AM
I think he realizes that we recruit nationally and doesn't want to compete against some of the best in the nation.

Scott D
6/6/2008, 09:56 AM
Guys, seriously... he's an 18-year old kid. Gundy offered first, Gundy followed up, Stoops held off. Even if for that's not the reason, it's not hard to see how in JUNE of his summer break that he took OSU up on their offer.

BTW, I don't think we're having trouble recruiting the O-line, and we'll win with him or without him. So before this ends up a fifty page Bed-lame thread like every OSU board, get over it. He's just an O-lineman and hasn't even played a senior season yet.

seriously, it's all Tuba's fault man...all Tuba's fault. :D

Fraggle145
6/6/2008, 11:17 AM
Is it a "soft verbal?"

RedstickSooner
6/6/2008, 11:29 AM
I firmly believe we should never bad-mouth a kid until he signs a LOI.

Then we can call him the ********* moron turncoat he is.

NormanPride
6/9/2008, 11:39 AM
I don't think this one is over, presonally. Sounds like he's mad that OU slow-played him. Though, they slow-played ALL OL; he's not a special case.