PDA

View Full Version : I need someone to talk dirty to me

Stitch Face
6/3/2008, 08:17 PM
about septic tanks.

Bought a piece of land in BA for a house and it doesn't percolate for a normal septic. The only other real option for the land size (5 acres) is an aerobic septic. Anyone have one/know much about these? I know it costs more to install/operate, but what kind of costs are we talkin' here? Are these things reliable for the long term (with appropriate upkeep, etc.) for my tentative family of four? We plan on only two chilluns but a pretty big house, eventually.

VeeJay
6/3/2008, 09:08 PM
This thread smells already.

Stitch Face
6/3/2008, 09:24 PM
Did anyone miss me, BTW? I just got back from my all-expense-paid trip to the Persian Gulf with the Air Force. I see from the numerous "where is Stitch Face?" threads that there was some confusion.

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 09:28 PM
Did anyone miss me, BTW? I just got back from my all-expense-paid trip to the Persian Gulf with the Air Force. I see from the numerous "where is Stitch Face?" threads that there was some confusion.

WElcome HOME BRO
As far as septic syestems Go All I can say Is dont Fall In:eek:
Really tho Its Ben Yrs But If you have 5 acres you Have More than enough room for a 1000 Gal. If it dosent Perc right , then all you Have to do is add More Latteral Lines !

Mongo
6/3/2008, 09:34 PM
My inlaws have 5 acres. They put in a "Texas System". everyonce in a while the liquids from the tank spew out onto their lawn through sprinklers, which is the greenest part of their yard.

they said if everything goes right, it will be at least ten years before any checks need to be done to the system.

Mongo
6/3/2008, 09:34 PM
and welcome back, thank you for serving

Stitch Face
6/3/2008, 09:35 PM
WElcome HOME BRO
As far as septic syestems Go All I can say Is dont Fall In:eek:
Really tho Its Ben Yrs But If you have 5 acres you Have More than enough room for a 1000 Gal. If it dosent Perc right , then all you Have to do is add More Latteral Lines !

Thanks, Olevet. Fortunately it was a pretty cush deployment.

Stitch Face
6/3/2008, 09:36 PM
My inlaws have 5 acres. They put in a "Texas System". everyonce in a while the liquids from the tank spew out onto their lawn through sprinklers, which is the greenest part of their yard.

they said if everything goes right, it will be at least ten years before any checks need to be done to the system.

Interesting...I read as much as a could find about typical septic stuff but I didn't see the "Texas" thing. I'll have to research that. I don't want to back out on the deal (I love the property/area/etc.) but I don't want to be pooping in a jar in a few years either. Thanks.

Mongo
6/3/2008, 09:39 PM
research it. srsly.

they rarely have to add chemicals, and it is plummed into their sprinkler system. So every other day or so, yesterdays wee wee of doo doo juice gets slung across their lawn.

Mongo
6/3/2008, 09:45 PM
well, the aerobic system is the Texas System. I guess contactors in Oklahoma call it the Texas System cause it slings **** and **** everywhere.

the aerobic system is great. They have had zero prblems with it.

Stitch Face
6/3/2008, 09:56 PM
I guess contactors in Oklahoma call it the Texas System cause it slings **** and **** everywhere.

Makes sense.

This weekend I'm gonna go talk to some of the neighbors around there who I think have the same. I guess any septic system is complicated to a city boy who's used to flushing and forgetting.

JohnnyMack
6/3/2008, 10:01 PM
Mongo eats his own poop.

Don't listen to him.

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 10:16 PM
My friend That I helped Move Back Home from Fla.
He had a Weird system , If I remember right The Tank was Buried But they had to Bring In sand And Place It above the Tank Run a series Of Latterals . Another Layer of sand Etc
With a Pump to Pump the shat water up
If Ya want Ill call him and Find out the details !

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 10:18 PM
Mongo eats his own poop.

Don't listen to him.

Ya say that Like its a Bad thing !
Damn Libs !:D

Stitch Face
6/3/2008, 10:22 PM
My friend That I helped Move Back Home from Fla.
He had a Weird system , If I remember right The Tank was Buried But they had to Bring In sand And Place It above the Tank Run a series Of Latterals . Another Layer of sand Etc
With a Pump to Pump the shat water up
If Ya want Ill call him and Find out the details !

I think I read something about a "sand filtration" system or similar; that sounds like that. They sound pretty slow and complicated, and I think you have to have an open sand pit that. Not sure it would work here with kids trampling on it and all the rain we get in the spring nowadays.

Stitch Face
6/3/2008, 10:28 PM
Mongo eats his own poop.

Don't listen to him.

Personally, I've been getting by just fine mashing it up in the shower with my feet.

Mongo
6/3/2008, 10:35 PM
to be honest, I havent wiped my *** in years with toilet paper when I am at home. I use the extra shower head as a butt water pick to knock loose all the fecal debris.

yall take a moment to soak that info in

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 10:37 PM
to be honest, I havent wiped my *** in years with toilet paper when I am at home. I use the extra shower head as a butt water pick to knock loose all the fecal debris.

yall take a moment to soak that info in

Uh NO

Stitch Face
6/3/2008, 10:45 PM
This thread is gettin weird

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 10:52 PM
This thread is gettin weird

You aint Been Gone THAT long have you ?

Okla-homey
6/4/2008, 06:28 AM
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4615/66144334gs0.png