PDA

View Full Version : It's all set: Obama v. McCain in the Octagon! Best running mates?

Lott's Bandana
6/3/2008, 07:06 PM
...and the former First Lady is trolling for Veep.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080603/ap_on_el_pr/primary_rdp_121

I'm ready to bet some vCash on this one!

Who gets to be the other half of each tag team?

(I'm gonna think about this one for a bit...)

John Kochtoston
6/3/2008, 10:26 PM
...and the former First Lady is trolling for Veep.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080603/ap_on_el_pr/primary_rdp_121

I'm ready to bet some vCash on this one!

Who gets to be the other half of each tag team?

(I'm gonna think about this one for a bit...)

If it's second bananas on a tag-team you want, the best choices clearly are Robert Gibson and Marty Janetty. Beyond that, I dunno.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2008, 10:30 PM
Jimmy Cahtah.

Curly Bill
6/3/2008, 10:31 PM
I think the Repubs should go with Newt.

FroggyStyle22
6/3/2008, 10:35 PM
McCain should go with Al Sharpton and Obama should get Bill O'reilly. Just to make things interesting.

sooneron
6/3/2008, 10:37 PM
Someone should take my avatar.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2008, 10:39 PM
I'm voting for Stu Pidaso.

He's a member of SicEm's nazi cornfederate party.

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 11:07 PM
I already started a thread about this shat
hrc will ONLY accept the Veep spot IF it will help the Dems
NO other Reason . She has her standards:rolleyes:

Pricetag
6/3/2008, 11:48 PM
I'm really hoping McCain looks outside the Bush administration. I really want to give the guy a shot. Similarly, I'm hoping Obama doesn't go with Mrs. Clinton.

r5TPsooner
6/3/2008, 11:53 PM
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.

I pretty much plan on not voting and watching Obama win in a landslide. It won't even be close.

Lott's Bandana
6/4/2008, 01:08 AM
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.

I pretty much plan on not voting and watching Obama win in a landslide. It won't even be close.

r5tp, have you spent any time in the South lately? As long as there are curtains on voting booths, the song remains the same.

The decisive decision (like that?) in this election will be the choice of running mate by the man who quite possibly could be running in his last election. If the Senator from AZ picks something even remotely resembling a Dixiecrat, it is all over.

For some reason, as a Southern White Middle-aged White Man (SWMWM), Bubba and Clyde never have any hesitation in telling me how they really feel, disturbingly presuming I collaborate in their medieval mindsets. This legacy of theirs doesn't get shared with the reporters from CNN...nobody can rightly claim a Southern drawl is an accurate sign of stupidity.

Okla-homey
6/4/2008, 06:16 AM
A few observations:

race is going to be a huge factor in this thing. America is, perhaps sadly, not ready to elect a guy with BHO's background and baggage.

no white man and no woman of any race could possibly have been taken seriously as a candidate with BHO's resume.

there are people who claim to like BHO, but who will not be able to bring themselves to vote for him in November.

The Donks need to keep someone vetted and in reserve to step in for BHO at or near the last minute because now that he's the nom, there will be more revelations. It is certain more dirt on BHO and/or his wife will be dished-up. He will be depicted, based on his own activities and/or public statements as Louis Farrakan without the bowtie or funny hat.

Curly Bill
6/4/2008, 12:46 PM
What Homey said ^^^^^^^^^^^^.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/4/2008, 12:49 PM
I d like to see McCain fight Kimbo..I think John beats him in rd 1

Sooner_Havok
6/4/2008, 12:56 PM
I see Frank Keating as JM veep

mdklatt
6/4/2008, 01:03 PM
Does the VP candidate really matter? Let me rephrase that: Should the VP candidate matter? With the exception of Darth Cheney this time around, does the VP do anything that we need to be concerned with? The only time anybody gets excited about the VP is during the campaign. What impact does the VP really have on anything?

King Crimson
6/4/2008, 01:04 PM
I see Frank Keating as JM veep

they had him featured pretty prominently on FOX after the speeches....it definitely had the feeling of a potential "media tryout".

Sooner_Havok
6/4/2008, 01:17 PM
Does the VP candidate really matter? Let me rephrase that: Should the VP candidate matter? With the exception of Darth Cheney this time around, does the VP do anything that we need to be concerned with? The only time anybody gets excited about the VP is during the campaign. What impact does the VP really have on anything?

Dude, everyone knows that the VP's job is to protect the space-time continuum. It's in the constitution:D

Sooner_Havok
6/4/2008, 01:18 PM
they had him featured pretty prominently on FOX after the speeches....it definitely had the feeling of a potential "media tryout".

I really think he will get the spot.

tommieharris91
6/4/2008, 01:28 PM

Well, with Hillary's comments about Obama being assassinated if he were to win...

King Crimson
6/4/2008, 01:41 PM
I really think he will get the spot.

i meant "media tryout" as a VP candidate, if i was unclear....kinda looks like i meant tryout "for the media" but i meant "in the media". there's no doubt, if it were true, the GOP/McCain camp are running focus groups on that Keating footage as we speak.

stoopified
6/4/2008, 03:24 PM
McCain - Huckabee
Obama-Osama

soonerscuba
6/4/2008, 06:36 PM
Not to **** in everyone's cornflakes, but why in God's name would McCain bring someone from Oklahoma to the ticket? This would be no different than Obama getting Barnie Franks, it just doesn't make geographical sense. I think it's probably somebody from the Midwest, or possibly NE.

Sooner_Havok
6/4/2008, 06:59 PM
Not to **** in everyone's cornflakes, but why in God's name would McCain bring someone from Oklahoma to the ticket? This would be no different than Obama getting Barnie Franks, it just doesn't make geographical sense. I think it's probably somebody from the Midwest, or possibly NE.

Cause Keating has some pull with the conservative base. He was in line to get the VP under Bushy, but some $250,000 worth of gifts came up and he was forced to not seek the spot.

The republicans don't need to bring in someone from a big swing state, they need someone that the conservative base can identify with. Plus. Keating still has some pull in the party.

JohnnyMack
6/4/2008, 07:10 PM
Won't be FK. He could end up as AG or something but he won't be VP. McCain needs somebody younger.

Curly Bill
6/4/2008, 07:51 PM
would the founding fathers of our country
vote for a muslim,dressed in his liitle garb,addressing
the state of the union?

my,did we not learn our lesson once?we trained them as pilots
invited them over here for the amercian dream,and they hi-jack our planes
rammed the twin towers,[come crashing down] all in the name,muslim religion
all in the name,muslim religion.

:pop:

The Donks on here are gonna put you so far in the red for this...:pop:

Sooner_Havok
6/4/2008, 07:53 PM

The Donks on here are gonna put you so far in the red for this...:pop:

I'm putting him in the red for ****ting on an entire religion because of what some people have done to corrupt it. Yeah, cause the IRA never killed anyone in the name of Jesus :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
6/4/2008, 08:28 PM
I can see the potential for this thread to take a heated and ugly turn any moment now.

JohnnyMack
6/4/2008, 08:42 PM
I can't believe no one ever took the name Pink Floyd before now.

LosAngelesSooner
6/4/2008, 08:43 PM
Probably an old Troll handle from WAAAAAAAY back that everyone forgot about.

Chuck Bao
6/4/2008, 09:02 PM
Yeah, that is really, really radical: seeing the church as a means for social change.

Of course, I'm trying to get my place in heaven secured by parking my butt on a pew each Sunday, while holding on to the firm belief that poor people deserve to be poor and taxes are evil and from the Devil and take away from the goodness that God intended me to enjoy.

Oh, wait. I'm Buddhist. I'm not supposed to worry about these things. Never mind.

JohnnyMack
6/4/2008, 09:06 PM
Probably an old Troll handle from WAAAAAAAY back that everyone forgot about.

I'm gonna go see if Syd Barrett is available.

Pink_Floyd
6/4/2008, 10:20 PM
RIP
Syd Barrett
__________________________________________________ _______________

Roger Keith "Syd" Barrett (6 January 1946 – 7 July 2006) was an English singer, songwriter, guitarist and artist. He is most remembered as a founding member of British progressive rock band Pink Floyd, providing major musical and stylistic direction in their early work, although he left the group in 1968 amidst speculations of mental illness exacerbated by heavy drug use.

He was active as a rock musician for about seven years, recording two albums with Pink Floyd and two solo albums before going into self-imposed seclusion lasting more than thirty years. His post-rock band life was as an artist and keen gardener, ending with his death in 2006, and a number of biographies have been written about him since the 1980s. During his withdrawal from public life there were numerous speculative, although largely appreciative works about him, most notably his former band Pink Floyd's 1975 album Wish You Were Here.

tommieharris91
6/4/2008, 10:24 PM
I'm startin to think we've got us a copy/paste expert here...

tommieharris91
6/4/2008, 11:18 PM
:in reply to quote:
I'm startin to think we've got us a copy/paste expert here...

Quote button is in the bottom-right corner of each post.

copy/paste,wouldn't have to if you political experts would google your
canidate,i perfer contestant,to see what they really have to say.

you read everything you can about a recruit,but could care less about
who's running for President.you know so much

:rolleyes:
I always knew he was an athiest...:rolleyes:

Okla-homey
6/5/2008, 05:28 AM
Fixed it.;)

Yeah, that is really, really radical: seeing the church as a means for social change. Can't have it both ways bro. See, if the church is in the social change bidness, that means it is straying into the affairs of state. Most people maintain the state should remain secular. Some people get all worked up when the church tries to influence legislation and governance by broadly holding the line on basic morality issues and threatening legislators with non-support at the ballotbox or even recall if they pass stuff like same-sex marriage, etc. OTOH, hopefully we can all agree the church can be very effective in sponsoring and funding programs that change the lives of unfortunate people for the better or provides basic services like food, clothing, health care, etc. Frankly, the church is far better at it than government anyway.

Of course, I'm trying to get my place in heaven secured by parking my butt on a pew each Sunday, Not at all. In fact, it really doesn't matter if a person parks their butt on a pew or not. "We are saved by faith and not by works, lest any man should boast." IOW, Solo fide.

while holding on to the firm belief that many poor people deserve to be poor and too many taxes are evil and from the Devil and take away from the goodness that God intended me to enjoy. Nevertheless, we are commanded to "render unto Caesar what is Ceasar's." The trick is, keeping Caesar from being too greedy. Not my rulz. Those are God's rulz.

LosAngelesSooner
6/5/2008, 02:19 PM
Fixed it.;)
Originally Posted by Chuck Bao http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2309694#post2309694)
Yeah, that is really, really radical: seeing the church as a means for social change. Can't have it both ways bro. See, if the church is in the social change bidness, that means it is straying into the affairs of state. Most people maintain the state should remain secular. Some people get all worked up when the church tries to influence legislation and governance by broadly holding the line on basic morality issues and threatening legislators with non-support at the ballotbox or even recall if they pass stuff like same-sex marriage, etc. OTOH, hopefully we can all agree the church can be very effective in sponsoring and funding programs that change the lives of unfortunate people for the better or provides basic services like food, clothing, health care, etc. Frankly, the church is far better at passing judgment and being passive aggressive and holier than thou than government anyway.

Of course, I'm trying to get my place in heaven secured by parking my butt on a pew each Sunday, Not at all. In fact, it really doesn't matter if a person parks their butt on a pew or not. "We are saved by faith and not by works, lest any man should boast." IOW, Solo fide. So if you really, really have faith, but sit around and do NOTHING you are more likely to get into heaven than a very very good person who does tons of good works but is simply doubting the religious gobbledy gook that has been shoved down his or hear throat all their lives.

while holding on to the firm belief that many poor people deserve to be poor and too many taxes are evil and from the Devil and take away from the goodness that God intended me to enjoy. Nevertheless, we are commanded to "render unto Caesar what is Ceasar's." The trick is, keeping Caesar from being too greedy. Not my rulz. Those are God's rulz as written down by a collection of men from different countries, speaking different languages on old pieces of paper passed down through centuries where we don't really have almost any of the originals who each had their own agendas, faults and motives . . . IF you believe in Him, that is.Fixed even better. ;)

JohnnyMack
6/5/2008, 02:21 PM
IBTJCSMeltdown

Bone
6/5/2008, 02:28 PM
I just hope the republican vp candidate can at least spell this time.

Lott's Bandana
6/5/2008, 06:27 PM
I just hope the republican vp candidate can at least spell this time.

Lor, that shovel dug deep!