PDA

View Full Version : I'm Done

Norman Sooner
6/3/2008, 11:04 AM
So i decided last night that i was done dipping. I thought, hey i quit once before i can do it again. Let me tell you, i had forgotten how hard it was to quit. I am in severe withdrawl right now and its only 11 am.. Any of you SO peoples know when this craving will stop.. This time i wont be so dumb to think i can have 1 dip and i wont become addicted, that was the thing that got me last time.

C&CDean
6/3/2008, 11:07 AM
Just get busy doing something. If you sit around thinking about craving a dip, you'll sure enough have one. Pop some bird seeds. Stick a sucker in your face. Go for a jog or walk. Do something...

soonerbrat
6/3/2008, 11:11 AM
Help for Quitters (http://www.ok.gov/stopswithme/quit_now/tobacco_users/index.html)

frankensooner
6/3/2008, 11:14 AM
Chew gum. Its it tough, but worth it. You can do eeeeettttt!

OUDoc
6/3/2008, 11:24 AM
What Dean said. Good luck.

soonerinabilene
6/3/2008, 11:30 AM
The actual withdrawals from physical addiction will last about 3 days. After that, the headaches, inability to focus, and short temper will be gone. The mental addiction takes longer, but if you can make it through the first 3 days, you can handle it. Try Smoky Mountain herbal snuff. Tobacco and chemical free, its completely natural and will help with wanting something in between your lips and gums.

StoopTroup
6/3/2008, 11:57 AM
What Dean said and also maybe some David's Sunflower seeds.

soonerhubs
6/3/2008, 12:41 PM
I've read that Vitamin C supplements can help flush Nicotine from your system. I'd ask the Doctors of the Board though. Their wisdom easily trumps mine.

OUDoc
6/3/2008, 12:49 PM
I've read that Vitamin C supplements can help flush Nicotine from your system. I'd ask the Doctors of the Board though. Their wisdom easily trumps mine.

I've never heard that before (may or may not be true, I don't know).

The half-life of nicotine is only 2 hours, it gets out of your system quickly on its own anyway.

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

http://www.remotecentral.com/dvd/airplane-3.jpg

C&CDean
6/3/2008, 01:09 PM
The whole "physically addicted to nicotine" crap is exactly that. Crap. All the angst, anger, withdrawals, etc. are a steaming pile of it. If you have/had any of those "symptoms" may I humbly suggest that it's all in your ****ing head?

Which is the problem. When you think you're addicted or think you can't stop, or think you're freaking out.........then guess what? You are. The mind is a powerful thing. Opiates, alcohol, etc. users may have serious physical withdrawal symptoms. Tobacco users, not so much. Except between their ears.

soonermix
6/3/2008, 01:10 PM
quitters never win and winners never quit

LOSER :D
j/k

6/3/2008, 01:20 PM
I've dipped off and on for 20 years. Now, I'm in a "not-so-much" stage where I'll take one a couple times a week and end up throwing most of the can away.

There are certain times of the year (football season), I'll be a three or four times a day guy.

Never struggled with quitting, though. There are times I'll go a couple of months and never even think of it. Then, one day I'll be waiting in line at the convenience store and see it thinking, "Eh, that might be good."

I do think it is mental. I think it is all how and why you are using it. And, as with most everything, moderation is the key.

Norman Sooner
6/3/2008, 01:55 PM
It may be mental..It just aint easy going from a can a day to nothing..

C&CDean
6/3/2008, 02:03 PM
Pretty much anything worth doing ain't easy.

JohnnyMack
6/3/2008, 02:13 PM
The whole "physically addicted to nicotine" crap is exactly that. Crap. All the angst, anger, withdrawals, etc. are a steaming pile of it. If you have/had any of those "symptoms" may I humbly suggest that it's all in your ****ing head?

Which is the problem. When you think you're addicted or think you can't stop, or think you're freaking out.........then guess what? You are. The mind is a powerful thing. Opiates, alcohol, etc. users may have serious physical withdrawal symptoms. Tobacco users, not so much. Except between their ears.

You're like Dr. Phil......only uglier.

C&CDean
6/3/2008, 02:17 PM
You're like the back end of a menstruating aardvark.......only uglier.

JohnnyMack
6/3/2008, 02:19 PM
I'm off to GIS "back end of a menstruating aardvark"

BRB

C&CDean
6/3/2008, 02:24 PM
I'm off to GIS "back end of a menstruating aardvark"

BRB

Look in a mirror and make a face.

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 02:47 PM
Now this Is gettin UGLY:eek:

tbl
6/3/2008, 03:02 PM
I've dipped off and on for 20 years. Now, I'm in a "not-so-much" stage where I'll take one a couple times a week and end up throwing most of the can away.

There are certain times of the year (football season), I'll be a three or four times a day guy.

Never struggled with quitting, though. There are times I'll go a couple of months and never even think of it. Then, one day I'll be waiting in line at the convenience store and see it thinking, "Eh, that might be good."

I do think it is mental. I think it is all how and why you are using it. And, as with most everything, moderation is the key.

I don't know how you do that. 10 years ago I quit smoking and about 1 month after I had quit I pulled over and picked up a pack. As soon as I lit it up, I got dizzy, it didn't taste the same, and it was basically just an all out nasty experience. I'm sure if I had hammered through it I could have forced myself to start up again, but thats pretty stupid.

Taxman71
6/3/2008, 03:09 PM
I quit Copenhagen cold turkey after 10 years....that was about 10 years ago....and never craved it since. I tried some Copenhagen a couple of times on the golf course (still like Redman chew 3 - 4 times a year), and it was disgusting. I drink alot more coffee than back then, but it ain't near as bad for me as snuff.

frankensooner
6/3/2008, 03:36 PM
Yeah, everytime the urge to dip hits you, just imagine a big steaming cup of terbacky spit, or remember that time you took a swig off the wrong can.

Taxman71
6/3/2008, 03:45 PM
Yeah, everytime the urge to dip hits you, just imagine a big steaming cup of terbacky spit, or remember that time you took a swig off the wrong can.

Better yet, remember how you felt the morning after you fell asleep with a dip in.