PDA

View Full Version : The French have more stones than BHO...

OklahomaTuba
6/3/2008, 09:25 AM
BAGHDAD (AFP) (http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5grDwPqYbcmnXyLapJUQ6OUIWKVng) — French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner said on Sunday that the security situation in Iraq was improving and reaffirmed France's willingness to help rebuild the war-ravaged country.

"I have the feeling that things are better. Statistics show a drop in security incidents," Kouchner told AFP after a working lunch with his Iraqi counterpart Hoshyar Zebari on the last day of his two-day visit to Iraq.

There is "an improvement in the situation in Iraq," he said.

Kouchner also voiced satisfaction at efforts by the Iraqis to take charge of their own country, saying they were making "progress."

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ODk5YmFjZTFkZTk3YzBkYzg1MmNiNDNiNmE2MDQzMzc

Change!!!

StoopTroup
6/3/2008, 09:33 AM
Sacrebleu!

Your ALIVE!

Thank God!

I thought.....

:pop:

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 09:37 AM
Your ALIVE!

Thank God!

I thought.....

Hes REtiring Not EXpiring :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
6/3/2008, 09:38 AM
Hes REtiring Not EXpiring :rolleyes:

I get so confused.

I'm glad I'm not his age yet. :D ;)

JohnnyMack
6/3/2008, 09:40 AM
At some point the little birdie has to be kicked out of the nest to see if it can fly. Some just want that to happen sooner than others.

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 09:40 AM
I get so confused.

I'm glad I'm not his age yet. :D ;)

I dont think Alzheimers Is so much about the Age is it ?:confused:

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 09:42 AM
At some point the little birdie has to be kicked out of the nest to see if it can fly. Some just want that to happen sooner than others.

But shouldnt you at least make sure said Birdies Have Feathers ?

StoopTroup
6/3/2008, 09:43 AM
I dont think Alzheimers Is so much about the Age is it ?:confused:

If it isn't...you and I are both screwed.

We've been around way to much aluminum.

Fraggle145
6/3/2008, 10:28 AM

f'em.

OklahomaTuba
6/3/2008, 01:24 PM

Obviously killing babies is OK. It's the terrorists we shouldn't be killing.

KC//CRIMSON
6/3/2008, 01:27 PM
Foie Gras!

Fraggle145
6/3/2008, 02:29 PM
Obviously killing babies is OK. It's the terrorists we shouldn't be killing.

No actually its our soldiers we shouldnt be killing.

Sooner_Havok
6/3/2008, 02:47 PM
5 pages then a lock. I'm calling it

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 02:50 PM
No actually its our soldiers we shouldnt be killing.

Im so Confused Now . I thot it was Idjits with the IEDs :confused:

Fraggle145
6/3/2008, 03:33 PM
Im so Confused Now . I thot it was Idjits with the IEDs :confused:

Iraq should take care of itself now and killing the idjits with IEDs.

No more of our soldiers should be over there getting killed, even though they are killing the idjits with IEDs they too are getting killed and I hate it. :mad:

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 03:43 PM
I also want Our Guys Home But NOT till the Job is done.
Just as soon as the Iraqi Gov , can stand on its Own then we should Pack up.
Not Untill , If we pull out of there to soon weve Waisted All the Lives spent and Injured . Thats NOT a Price I want to see us Pay .

ric311
6/3/2008, 03:56 PM
I also want Our Guys Home But NOT till the Job is done.
Just as soon as the Iraqi Gov , can stand on its Own then we should Pack up.
Not Untill , If we pull out of there to soon weve Waisted All the Lives spent and Injured . Thats NOT a Price I want to see us Pay .

Agreed. But here's the interesting part - it would now appear that the Iraqi government is taking control of the situation on the ground. Our presence in such great numbers is required less and less. While we don't just pack up and leave all at once, at what point do we see some significant troop withdrawals?

The political ramifications of this are really intreaguing to me. On the one hand, it seems as though we've pretty much accomplished what we went in there to do. On the other hand, if the political left in this country is to be believed, we haven't accomplished anything, so pulling out now would be tantamount to surrender, something we've said we will not do.

In the end, I believe that by the end of the next Presidential term, we won't have anywhere close to the number of troops in Iraq that we have now. That's regardless of the outcome of the election.

Scott D
6/3/2008, 04:04 PM
http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=ODk5YmFjZTFkZTk3YzBkYzg1MmNiNDNiNmE2MDQzMzc

Change!!!

So basically, you're lauding the french for trying to take the title of "front running chicken****s" away from the italians? gotcha....good on you I guess.

TexasLidig8r
6/3/2008, 04:05 PM
It's not so much the internal situation in Iraq that is the biggest concern at this point.. it's the crazed Iranians right next door.

Do you really believe Iran would stay out of Iraq if there were troop withdrawals and the Iraqi government was unstable because of the historical conflicts between the Sunnis and Shi'ites?

The last thing we need is a unifed fundamentalistic Arab country, ready, willing and able to spread its economic and military might all for the good of Allah.

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 04:06 PM
Having Talked in great length to several of the Troops that have come Home . Troy Mostley, He seems to think weve done about all we can do .
His Idea and I agree Is to Pull Back a Number of our Folks into Kuwate.
Get em Outta Harms way But close enough to Kick some *** If needed.
Just sayin

JohnnyMack
6/3/2008, 04:07 PM
Having Talked in great length to several of the Troops that have come Home . Troy Mostley, He seems to think weve done about all we can do .
His Idea and I agree Is to Pull Back a Number of our Folks into Kuwate.
Get em Outta Harms way But close enough to Kick some *** If needed.
Just sayin

Sounds like you're runnin' the Obama playbook now. Good jorb.

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 04:07 PM
It's not so much the internal situation in Iraq that is the biggest concern at this point.. it's the crazed Iranians right next door.

Do you really believe Iran would stay out of Iraq if there were troop withdrawals and the Iraqi government was unstable because of the historical conflicts between the Sunnis and Shi'ites?

The last thing we need is a unifed fundamentalistic Arab country, ready, willing and able to spread its economic and military might all for the good of Allah.

Dayum I gots to agree somewhat with a Stinkin :texan:

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 04:09 PM
Sounds like you're runnin' the Obama playbook now. Good jorb.

LIke I said Befor Im a drunk I aint stopid :cool:
Oh and Anyone Can pick up Pointers and Good Idees From even a Dem .
Troy And I talked about this Back befor the Race thingy got started .
So maybe oBamas spys was Listening to US

Sooner_Havok
6/3/2008, 04:52 PM
LIke I said Befor Im a drunk I aint stopid :cool:
Oh and Anyone Can pick up Pointers and Good Idees From even a Dem .
Troy And I talked about this Back befor the Race thingy got started .
So maybe oBamas spys was Listening to US

We will know for sure when he starts campaigning on the "Chicken in every pot, whiskey still in every backyard" platform ;)

Harry Beanbag
6/3/2008, 05:00 PM
Agreed. But here's the interesting part - it would now appear that the Iraqi government is taking control of the situation on the ground. Our presence in such great numbers is required less and less. While we don't just pack up and leave all at once, at what point do we see some significant troop withdrawals?

The political ramifications of this are really intreaguing to me. On the one hand, it seems as though we've pretty much accomplished what we went in there to do. On the other hand, if the political left in this country is to be believed, we haven't accomplished anything, so pulling out now would be tantamount to surrender, something we've said we will not do.

In the end, I believe that by the end of the next Presidential term, we won't have anywhere close to the number of troops in Iraq that we have now. That's regardless of the outcome of the election.

In the article I posted yesterday that most posters have avoided, it talks about General Petraeus recommending to Congress for troop reductions in excess of what was already planned beginning this fall. That is of course if the situation continues to improve.

Harry Beanbag
6/3/2008, 05:02 PM
We will know for sure when he starts campaigning on the "Chicken in every pot, whiskey still in every backyard" platform ;)

I'm in.

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 05:07 PM
I'm in.

Except It should be Pot In every Shack And then the Wiskey :D

Sooner_Havok
6/3/2008, 05:09 PM
I'm in.

:D

Maybe I should run for office.

"I will drastically cut subsidies for agricultural products like corn, and replace them with subsidies for products like rye, barely, and hops. Thus, every American shall be afforded their God given right to get completely sh*t faced at a fair and reasonable price. For, as our founding fathers knew, a liquored up population is a happy one!"

Harry Beanbag
6/3/2008, 05:14 PM
:D

Maybe I should run for office.

"I will drastically cut subsidies for agricultural products like corn, and replace them with subsidies for products like rye, barely, and hops. Thus, every American shall be afforded their God given right to get completely sh*t faced at a fair and reasonable price. For, as our founding fathers knew, a liquored up population is a happy one!"

Amen. George Washington had a big distillery at Mt. Vernon.

Sooner_Havok
6/3/2008, 05:38 PM
Amen. George Washington had a big distillery at Mt. Vernon.

He was the top producer of Whiskey in the colonies for a long time :D

StoopTroup
6/3/2008, 05:45 PM
I hope Iran invades Iraq as soon as we leave.

It would just prove that they didn't have the stones to do it while we were there.

If they do indeed try to take Iraq...this last War will look like Panama compared to the A$$ kickin we'll put on Iran.

All we're trying to do is posture for the event.

I still want Bin Laden worse than I want an event with Iran to happen.

If Iran does try something...I bet that wacko in North Korea starts up his 3 ring circus too.

I hate the idea of us having to put our Troops at risk again...but these idjits are just asking for it IMHO.

mdklatt
6/3/2008, 05:48 PM

So you support a draft?

Sooner_Havok
6/3/2008, 05:50 PM

It would just prove that they didn't have the stones to do it while we were there.

If they do indeed try to take Iraq...this last War will look like Panama compared to the A$$ kickin we'll put on Iran.

All we're trying to do is posture for the event.

I still want Bin Laden worse than I want an event with Iran to happen.

If Iran does try something...I bet that wacko in North Korea starts up his 3 ring circus too.

I hate the idea of us having to put our Troops at risk again...but these idjits are just asking for it IMHO.

Hell, if the sh*t hits the fan with Iran, I am sure we got enough ICBMs, MOABs, Bunker busters, Trident missiles, and low yield nuclear artillery to keep them from getting to far. Just draw the proverbial "line in the sand" and just tell them past this point, there be monsters.

We may not have the man power to stop them, be we sure as hell got the weaponry ;)

StoopTroup
6/3/2008, 05:52 PM
So you support a draft?

Yes.

Yes I do.

StoopTroup
6/3/2008, 05:53 PM
Hell, if the sh*t hits the fan with Iran, I am sure we got enough ICBMs, MOABs, Bunker busters, Trident missiles, and low yield nuclear artillery to keep them from getting to far. Just draw the proverbial "line in the sand" and just tell them past this point, there be monsters.

We may not have the man power to stop them, be we sure as hell got the weaponry ;)

Yep.

That A$$-Kicking will be a thing of beauty is my guess.

Sooner_Havok
6/3/2008, 05:55 PM
Yep.

That A$$-Kicking will be a thing of beauty is my guess.

The world thinks we disarmed after the cold war, what a joke. Yeah, we "disarmed" you knew about 200 of em and those are gone, but we really had 500.

Honestly, I doubt even the sitting presidents know what our current capability really is.

ric311
6/3/2008, 06:50 PM
If we do our job right, the Iraqis would kick the **** out of the Iranians about 20 seconds after they cross the border. The Iraqi military will be the finest trained, best equipped military in the Mid East once we're done with them. They'll be tested, too. I wouldn't want to mess with them if I were Iran. Of course the whacko psychopath they have in office right now might be delusional enough to think he could win a conflict like that.

TexasLidig8r
6/3/2008, 07:45 PM

What we don't have is the will or the resolve or the mandate to ever use weapons of "mass destruction."

Better to lose an American soldier or 1000 than to let loose with a low yield nuclear missile designed to kill an army.

And no matter how pretty your weaponry is, it comes down at the end to the grunts to win the battle and the war.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2008, 07:53 PM
And no matter how pretty your weaponry is, it comes down at the end to the grunts to win the battle and the war.

Unless the war is defined as a boatload of asswhoopin' and death from above with Iran left to clean up their own dang mess that they started in the first place.

I think Havok put it best.

Just draw the proverbial "line in the sand" and just tell them past this point, there be monsters.

Curly Bill
6/3/2008, 07:57 PM
If we do our job right, the Iraqis would kick the **** out of the Iranians about 20 seconds after they cross the border. The Iraqi military will be the finest trained, best equipped military in the Mid East once we're done with them. They'll be tested, too. I wouldn't want to mess with them if I were Iran. Of course the whacko psychopath they have in office right now might be delusional enough to think he could win a conflict like that.

My money be on the Israelis.

AlbqSooner
6/3/2008, 08:20 PM
Just draw the proverbial "line in the sand"

And then turn the line and everything close to it into fused glass.;)

Curly Bill
6/3/2008, 08:28 PM
And then turn the line and everything close to it into fused glass.;)

At that point their oil reserves would still be usable right? Cause I'm thinking we could take those as payment for our trouble.

Scott D
6/3/2008, 10:15 PM
At that point their oil reserves would still be usable right? Cause I'm thinking we could take those as payment for our trouble.

Not sure that the trouble it'd be to get those oil reserves would be worth the trouble it'd be to secure that method of tactical strike. Not to mention the wrath of the rest of the world by cutting off their oil sources.

Curly Bill
6/3/2008, 10:24 PM
Not sure that the trouble it'd be to get those oil reserves would be worth the trouble it'd be to secure that method of tactical strike. Not to mention the wrath of the rest of the world by cutting off their oil sources.

Wrath of the rest of the world...pfft

The rest of the world can suck it. :D

Shneeg11
6/3/2008, 10:25 PM

BINGO, you dont *** with the Israeli's. I like how the Saudi's captured an Israeli Special Forces soldier, and was talking about executing him. The Israeli's gave them 48 hrs to release the prisoner, and I believe after about 40 hours Israeli bombers broke the sound barrier directly over a palace that the prince was occupying. Needless to say, it broke all of the windows and scared the living s*** out of them and they released the prisoner

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2008, 10:27 PM
BINGO, you dont *** with the Israeli's.

As much as it pains me to type it, someone oughta tell Hezbollah that. They apparently didn't get the memo.

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 10:28 PM
He was the top producer of Whiskey in the colonies for a long time :D

Makes me look like a Pauper huh ?

Curly Bill
6/3/2008, 10:28 PM
As much as it pains me to type it, someone oughta tell Hezbollah that. They apparently didn't get the memo.

No one in Hezbollah can read. ;)

Curly Bill
6/3/2008, 10:29 PM

Exactly...you want to be President someday you better start turning out more hooch. :D

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2008, 10:31 PM

George 'OleVet' Washington.

Gotta admit, it's got a helluva ring to it. But I'd bet a nickel you won't do the powdered wig.

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 10:34 PM
Exactly...you want to be President someday you better start turning out more hooch. :D

What about Just being In charge Of the ATF.
Tax the Smokes to help Pay fer everyone a still and a Gun ?:cool:

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 10:35 PM
George 'OleVet' Washington.

Gotta admit, it's got a helluva ring to it. But I'd bet a nickel you won't do the powdered wig.

It get Me elected ?
Pay me bitch
Im a Ho like hrc;)

Curly Bill
6/3/2008, 10:43 PM
What about Just being In charge Of the ATF.
Tax the Smokes to help Pay fer everyone a still and a Gun ?:cool:

A still and a gun? You'd get my vote!

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 10:54 PM
A still and a gun? You'd get my vote!

Plus Instructions

Curly Bill
6/3/2008, 11:01 PM
Plus Instructions

With customer care like that you'd be a shoe-in.

The instructions could be a demo tape of you teaching us fools how to make hooch...and I might add that your helpers could be some scantily clad super-model types. It might offend some of the feminist and the PC types...but who needs them?

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 11:03 PM
With customer care like that you'd be a shoe-in.

The instructions could be a demo tape of you teaching us fools how to make hooch...and I might add that your helpers could be some scantily clad super-model types. It might offend some of the feminist and the PC types...but who needs them?

****em, Im running on a Platform for MEN :D

Curly Bill
6/3/2008, 11:07 PM
****em, Im running on a Platform for MEN :D

A platform for men? That would be pretty revolutionary in this day and time.

olevetonahill
6/3/2008, 11:09 PM
A platform for men? That would be pretty revolutionary in this day and time.

Im a Forward thinking type Guy :D

Scott D
6/4/2008, 06:59 AM

Hezbollah is still operating under the mindset that Mossad is a terrorist organization occupying Palestine.

ric311
6/4/2008, 11:45 AM

I'll concede that point with a caveat - Iraq has a population four times that of Israel. I doubt that Iraq and Israel will be getting into any tussles in the near future. Assuming it works out the way we hope it does, we'll have two strong allies in the region.

StoopTroup
6/4/2008, 11:58 AM
It might not happen in my lifetime...But...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that evenually, Iran is gonna have at least one nuclear bomb tossed on them.

Scott D
6/4/2008, 04:57 PM
before or after they toss the first 'modern era' nuclear bomb on someone else?

olevetonahill
6/4/2008, 05:10 PM
before or after they toss the first 'modern era' nuclear bomb on someone else?

Befor , and Unless S.T. is planning On dyin soon . It wont be long If they dont Back off from thier Nuke Program.

Harry Beanbag
6/4/2008, 05:42 PM
Don't forget about Syria too. We could have a pretty decent nuke tennis match over there some day.