PDA

View Full Version : Coaches talk BCS, recruiting, climbing the ladder

JLEW1818
6/2/2008, 04:51 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=3421971

Really Cool article. (lard) Weis was there too.

sooner518
6/2/2008, 05:12 PM
im pretty sure Charlie Weiss cant climb a ladder

/fat joke!

JLEW1818
6/2/2008, 08:14 PM
I would have loved to seen what USC and Ohio state had to say.

goingoneight
6/2/2008, 08:59 PM
Tubberville had to get his little "wah-wah, my schedule is too tough" SEC comment in there, didn't he? :D

goingoneight
6/2/2008, 09:11 PM
We all like the games, Saturday. That's the fun time. That's the reason you're in it, to compete. We compete 365 days a year. ... We're competitive. Coaches are people that just never have grown up. We just didn't want to give up athletics when we got out of high school or college. We wanted to stay in it. Thirty-one years of coaching for me has been very enjoyable. It's been a lot of ups and downs but so is life. You learn a lot from it.

The one thing I don't like a lot is the media. There is a lot I don't like because they really don't have a clue about what they're talking about most of the time.

College football is very hard. Our football players are very proud of what they do because of what we put them through, I wouldn't play for us. We get them up very early. We keep them up late. Academics is number one. They don't have much of a life. When they come, we expect them to do two full-time jobs: football and the academics, and they both go hand-in-hand.

This is for all the people who keep bashing players for leaving early. You think after this life for three straight years a person in their early 20's is going to say no to ANY kind of NFL cash-money?

Cam
6/2/2008, 09:32 PM
This is for all the people who keep bashing players for leaving early. You think after this life for three straight years a person in their early 20's is going to say no to ANY kind of NFL cash-money?

No, but you would think that some of them would do a little better job of researching before they leap. The $$$ difference between 4th/5th rounds to 1st/2nd is well worth waiting a season for quite a few of these guys.

To each his own though.

Breadburner
6/2/2008, 11:41 PM

/fat joke!

No one could if Lou Holtz went up first...

Seamus
6/3/2008, 01:45 PM
No one could if Lou Holtz went up first...

OK, hook's in mouth. What does this mean?

Vaevictis
6/3/2008, 06:01 PM

/fat joke!

The use of a crane is probably written into his contract.

Lott's Bandana
6/3/2008, 07:20 PM
OK, hook's in mouth. What does this mean?

The rungs would be spit-slippery?

JLEW1818
6/3/2008, 09:09 PM
Is is just me, or when you look at him, do you just laugh out loud?