PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Oliver ineligible for OSU

Paperclip
5/31/2008, 05:06 PM
Several reports out there. Tough break for the Pokes.

DeadSolidPerfect
5/31/2008, 05:14 PM
Andrew Mayo. :stunned:

GoTheDistance
5/31/2008, 05:29 PM
Actually, I'm surprised that we aren't hearing of more kids having grade problems this spring. The shortened season had to keep everybody out of classes way more than in the past.

Paperclip
5/31/2008, 05:31 PM
Reports say it's not academic. DSP may be right.

tommieharris91
5/31/2008, 06:28 PM
Reports say it's not academic. DSP may be right.

Yea, John Holcomb reported it wasn't academic and it wasn't for a team rules violation.

http://seekingalpha.com/wp-content/seekingalpha/images/1101850304_400_01.jpg

Eielson
5/31/2008, 07:49 PM
What exactly is left for it to be? If it isn't academically I would think that it would be something the team would be punished for but apparently it isn't going to?

SleestakSooner
5/31/2008, 08:14 PM
STILLWATER, Okla. -- The ace of Oklahoma State's pitching staff was declared ineligible Saturday, hours before the Cowboys' biggest game of the year.
The team announced sophomore Andrew Oliver was ineligible hours before Oklahoma State's NCAA tournament regional game against second-seeded Wichita State.
The left-hander was 7-2 with a 2.20 ERA this season.
Oklahoma State is not commenting on why Oliver was ineligible, but spokesman Kevin Klintworth said the top-seeded Cowboys will not have to forfeit any games.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

SleestakSooner
5/31/2008, 08:17 PM
Would have been nice if this had happened before we had to play against him. Oh well, Aggie is as Aggie does.

Big Red Ron
5/31/2008, 11:07 PM
I'm not sure how they would know that they wont have to forfeit games. Especially since it looks like he received improper benefits from an agent. This whole season could be wiped off the books.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of redheaded stepchildren.

tommieharris91
5/31/2008, 11:32 PM
They shouldn't be worried. As long as USC gets away with OJ Mayo and Reggie Bush situations, poor aggy can get away with this under the same precedent.

tulsaoilerfan
6/1/2008, 10:24 AM
So has anyone heard anything legit as to why he's ineligible? Surely he wouldn't be that dumb to have signed with an agent?

Mixer!
6/1/2008, 12:55 PM
I've already heard from one aggroid who's just sure that **THAT NO GOOD CHEATIN' GOONER SOB STEVENSON GOT HIM DECLARED INELIGIBLE ON THE DAY HE WAS SUPPOSED TO FACE THEM!! ARGH! RARGH! BLARGH!**

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

SoonerDood
6/1/2008, 01:30 PM
He shouldn't have been showboating!

SleestakSooner
6/1/2008, 07:20 PM
I've already heard from one aggroid who's just sure that **THAT NO GOOD CHEATIN' GOONER SOB STEVENSON GOT HIM DECLARED INELIGIBLE ON THE DAY HE WAS SUPPOSED TO FACE THEM!! ARGH! RARGH! BLARGH!**

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Stevenson's a Gooner now? News must travel late to Stoolwater.:texan:

101sooner
6/2/2008, 01:31 PM
This thread is pure Aggie.

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=53452

"Well, it could very well be a WSU alum. Considering the timing of the allegations reaching the NCAA to be acted upon, it has to be an agent saboutaging Andy, or someone from WSU or ou.

If WSU is involved in any way, and they end up winning this regional, they should be disqualified from going on to a super-regional."

BillyBall
6/2/2008, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by pokefun View Post
it is not natural to be optimistic and a cowboy fan unless it is the off season.

thats good stuff...

SleestakSooner
6/2/2008, 05:29 PM
thats good stuff...

If ya think that was good look at this gem.

Do you really think Oliver was deemed unable to play for no reason at all?

Yes, we do. And the NCAA selection committee purposely screwed them out of a super regional because they are still mad at Gary Ward and the committee members hate T-Boone and the Gaylord Family paid some of the committee members off....

IT'S A CONSPIRACY AGAINST AGGIE!!! RUN FOR YER SHELTERS! :gary:

:stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned: :stunned:

Ike
6/7/2008, 12:51 AM
Saw this today, and thought y'all might like to know

http://www.sportsagentblog.com/?p=1301

badger
6/8/2008, 10:28 AM
Way to protect the student athlete there, NCAA. But, this really shouldn't surprise anyone.

Big Red Ron
6/8/2008, 10:31 PM
Sounds like Andy passed the point of saying, I want to go play college ball but wasn't happy with the 17th round.