PDA

View Full Version : Riding or regular mower?

Beef
5/31/2008, 09:17 AM
I'm moving into a new house in a couple of weeks and have a big decision to make. I currently own a regular lawnmower that's not self propelled. The new house I'm buying's lot size is 128'x210'. This mower isn't going to cut it. I have enough money in my moving budget for a small riding mower, but I think that might be overkill. The lot's big, but not sure if it's riding mower big. On the other hand, pushing a mower around is going to make for some long weekends of yardwork. What says the SO? Riding or push?

Harry Beanbag
5/31/2008, 09:21 AM
Concrete.

Rogue
5/31/2008, 09:22 AM
Is it flat?

Beef
5/31/2008, 09:28 AM
Is it flat?
I live in Dallas, so pretty much.

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 09:36 AM
if you've got the dough, i'd lean towards a rider. though, it ain't too much to push the mower.

r5TPsooner
5/31/2008, 09:41 AM
This should have been a pole.

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 09:44 AM
This should have been a pole.

http://www.ses.fi/gfx/elokuvat/lech.jpg

Mjcpr
5/31/2008, 09:59 AM
I don't know what size lot that is.....is it a corner lot? If it's in a 'hood and it's not a corner lot, odds are you probably wouldn't need a rider unless the lot sizes are super big or something.

I have a corner lot and we pretty much need a riding mower, but we have a pretty small one and you can get quite a bit done with it. Make sure it'll fit through the back fence if you buy one though. :D

soonerinabilene
5/31/2008, 10:44 AM
buy 5 goats. YWIA.

Rogue
5/31/2008, 12:07 PM
We have an acre with a steep hill for a front yard. One neighbor does it with a pusher, but he's nuts. The rest all have riders.

Flagstaffsooner
5/31/2008, 06:38 PM
I live in Dallas, so pretty much.Then just hire messicans to do it.

Norman Sooner
5/31/2008, 08:48 PM
My house in blanchard sits on 3 lots..At time i wish i had a riding mower however all the lttle hood rats in blanchard think its ok to throw their cans and everything else out and into my yard..Im glad i have a push mower now..

On the other hand, the guys across the street from me mow yards..Pretty funny stuff as you see them all over town driving theri riding mowers while pulling a wagon with a pushmower and weedeater in the back..They might drive down there and mow your yard.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/31/2008, 09:50 PM
Here ya go. The best of both worlds.

http://www.springhillmowers.com/snapresride.gif

Not too big, but not so small you can't plop your butt in it with a natty 'tween your legs in the summer.