PDA

View Full Version : Jet lag from hell...

TheHumanAlphabet
5/31/2008, 06:49 AM
Just got back from Australia.

Flew via Continental with stops in Cairns, Guam and Honolulu. I wouldn't recommend that route now, but at the time is sounded pretty good. And heh, I got about 40K elite miles...

SoonerStormchaser
5/31/2008, 02:57 PM
I'd do that routing in a heartbeat...then again, I took days off from school when I was at OU just to fly Delta OKC-SLC-DFW-ATL-SLC-OKC all day for just $115...just for the hell of it.

Chuck Bao
5/31/2008, 06:47 PM
Ummm, you were flying business class? Pacific routes and business class pretty much rocks if you have favorable weather. What are you complaining about?

What? If it troubles you so much, stop in Guam or Hawaii for a day or two next time, why don't you? The vast majority of us would probably be quite okay with that.

soonerboomer93
6/1/2008, 02:56 PM
next time fly sing air via moscow

Chuck Bao
6/1/2008, 03:24 PM
Australia to the US via Moscow. I've never heard of that one.

Singapore Air is the best airline in the world, as far as I'm concerned. Even economy class is not bad - more leg room, great service and all the booze you can drink.

My "free" trip home in July will be Singapore Air to Hong Kong, Cathay Pacific to Chicago and then United to DFW. I'm quite okay with that.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/2/2008, 10:05 AM
Australia to the US via Moscow. I've never heard of that one.

Singapore Air is the best airline in the world, as far as I'm concerned. Even economy class is not bad - more leg room, great service and all the booze you can drink.

My "free" trip home in July will be Singapore Air to Hong Kong, Cathay Pacific to Chicago and then United to DFW. I'm quite okay with that.

Hope you're in Business as well...

New routing from Houston - Sing Air direct to Moscow I bet would allow a connect to Singapore and then Australia from there...

Not to complain, but the return flight was an end to travel since April 7 that had me home 8 days since then. Flights to Angola, Qatar, Calgary, and Australia. Perhaps, the no drunk posting rule should be amended for me to the no posting while fatigued rule...

At least the elite miles - 30 K from this itin. has me 5K from Platinum Elite for next year...yeah! I'll go over on my trip to Sakhalin in 2 weeks.

M
6/2/2008, 10:33 AM
Next month I will fly OKC>LA>Auckland>Melbourne, then the same way back except departing from Sydney. Fun times

TheHumanAlphabet
6/2/2008, 12:32 PM
Qantas or NZ?

I hear air NZ is better than qantas, apparently, some of Qantas' fleet is in need of upgrades. You in Business as well?

Mjcpr
6/2/2008, 12:35 PM
Next month I will fly OKC>LA>Auckland>Melbourne, then the same way back except departing from Sydney. Fun times

Oceanic?

StoopTroup
6/2/2008, 12:36 PM

Do they offer a Happy Ending in any class?

TheHumanAlphabet
6/2/2008, 12:51 PM
First Class - pretty much yeah...;)

They used to have pods, the thing to have in FC now are suites that you close up and are like a small closet with a love seat...

M
6/2/2008, 02:33 PM
Qantas, I think.

Mjcpr
6/2/2008, 02:37 PM
You should be fine, then. They hardly ever crash into small, time-warped islands AFAIK.

M
6/2/2008, 02:48 PM
Great. Great times, indeed.

Chuck Bao
6/2/2008, 03:00 PM
Yeah, Qantas is actually an acronym for queers and nymphos traveling as stewards. You won't crash unless it's at their hotel room.

colleyvillesooner
6/2/2008, 03:04 PM
I'm getting geared up for my DFW-LAX-Tokyo-Osaka, followed by the return trip of Wenzhou-Shanghai-Chicago-DFW

TheHumanAlphabet
6/3/2008, 02:20 AM
Damn, what kind of routing is that?? A mileage run or is this like the cheapest AP fare ever?

soonerboomer93
6/3/2008, 09:36 AM
yeah, that sing air flight refuels in moscow, and then change plane in singapore

it's a shorter flight to get that (but still 37 hours ish)

StoopTroup
6/3/2008, 09:40 AM
Make sure you don't get one of those leg clots.