PDA

View Full Version : Stoops Expects Jarboe in Fall

soonerloyal
5/30/2008, 08:53 PM
I'll trust his judgment.

http://newsok.com/josh-jarboe-coming-to-norman/article/3250861/?tm=1212190843

By Jake Trotter
Staff Writer
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said he expects Josh Jarboe to be on the Sooner roster this fall, after felony gun charges against the star recruit were lowered to misdemeanors in DeKalb County, Ga., Superior Court on Thursday.

Charges against OU signee Jarboe reduced
“We expect to have Josh on our roster this fall and look forward to a long and successful career for him both academically and on the football field,” Stoops said in a statement. “He became involved in a situation at his school during his senior year that certainly has caused us concern. At the same time, we have personal knowledge of Josh through our recruiting contact with him and from personal references from his school and individuals of authority in his life.”

“We feel that he will be a positive contributor to our campus. We have already stressed to him that his citizenship is of the utmost importance. He understands that anything less than exemplary behavior will not be tolerated.”

According to spokeswoman Jada Hudspeth of the DeKalb County District Attorney's Office, Jarboe pleaded guilty to felony charges of bringing a gun to school and receiving stolen property on Tuesday.

Under Georgia’s First Offenders Act, Judge Michael Hancock reduced the charges to misdemeanors on Thursday, since Jarboe had no prior convictions.

Jarboe will serve 24 months probation and undergo 80 hours of community service.

Jarboe was arrested on March 6 for bringing a gun to Cedar Grove High School.

Flagstaffsooner
5/30/2008, 09:06 PM
We'll catch hell from the whorns and t boogers over this.

soonerloyal
5/30/2008, 09:22 PM
And he shall be catching touchdown passes in MNC games!!!

Screw what UTerus and boone state fans say, I put more stock into what Bobby thinks.

OU-HSV
5/30/2008, 09:46 PM
Geeze.
I hope the kid can keep his head on straight from now on.

King Crimson
5/30/2008, 09:49 PM
We'll catch hell from the whorns and t boogers over this.

up here in Boulder, it's proof we're already "a win at all costs" program. while CU is just short of Northwestern or Vanderbilt in terms of "tough" academics.

and, no, there were criminal charges in the Barnett "recruiting party" thing. ever. so, save it.

however, the holier than thou BS at CU is horrible to deal with on a day to day basis. and living with them beating us in football and hoops last year is no fun.

we need to step up.

and Captain Dharma Fun Dan Hawkins has had a few incidents of his own.

SoonerShark
5/30/2008, 10:00 PM
up here in Boulder, it's proof we're already "a win at all costs" program. while CU is just short of Northwestern or Vanderbilt in terms of "tough" academics.

and, no, there were criminal charges in the Barnett "recruiting party" thing. ever. so, save it.

however, the holier than thou BS at CU is horrible to deal with on a day to day basis. and living with them beating us in football and hoops last year is no fun.

we need to step up.

and Captain Dharma Fun Dan Hawkins has had a few incidents of his own.

It appears that rape is not a crime in Colorado. There is a state implied consent law that does not require consent. If a woman is in Colorado, by default, she apparently consents to Kobe Bryant or members of the CU team ritually ripping her undergarments off and brutalizing her.

King Crimson
5/30/2008, 10:10 PM
It appears that rape is not a crime in Colorado. There is a state implied consent law that does not require consent. If a woman is in Colorado, by default, she apparently consents to Kobe Bryant or members of the CU team ritually ripping her undergarments off and brutalizing her.

see, that's exactly what i'm talking about. Kobe has nothing to do with CU. do i think there was some "date rape" type stuff at CU, I do. But, there are no criminal charges filed. and the State of Colorado has been riding CU on this still. so, your claim is moronic.

and I also know there was some academic misconduct stuff at CU that warranted players being kicked out of school. and if they were non-scholarship athletes they would have been. i've seen it up close. blatant cheating, cut and paste type stuff.

but, if you don't think that kind of stuff doesn't happen at OU, you're lying to yourself.

Newbomb Turk
5/30/2008, 10:26 PM
and living with them beating us in football and hoops last year is no fun.

well they suck at baseball, so there.

JLEW1818
5/31/2008, 03:44 AM
Okay if I'm Jarboe, first things first, I want to let me teammates know that I'm for real. I had trouble in high school but now I'm a mature man who wants to catch the FOOTBALL and WIN. If we were talking about a UT WR we would say " oh thats crappy that they are taking him after a GUN CHARGE." But seriously why kill the kids life forever??? I'm glad Bob is giving this young man a chance at a million dollar career. The Oklahoma coaches know what it takes to get to the next level. Let them handle this boy his first year, and he will know what it takes. My favorite article that I ever read about Oklahoma football recruiting was, the sooner coach told Adrain Peterson "we are going to win, with or without you." BAM. Stoops is a family man and knows what it takes. I guarantee this will be a huge asset for are team. I know for a fact he is going to be the most hard on Jarboe this summer and fall. This kid has great talent who needs a second chance, this kid is hungry to show what he can do in life, and on the football field. Good luck to you Jarboe, because most people in this world do not get a second chance at sports.

Collier11
5/31/2008, 12:37 PM
As is said in the article, Coach "knows" about this situation and the kid more than probably anyone. He has talked to the kid and most likely everyone in a 50 mile radius of the kid, I think I trust Coach that a chance here is merited and if he acts up Coach will kick his azz out

Eielson
5/31/2008, 01:24 PM
Even if we don't have Josh Jarboe we still have ADRON TENNELL!

Big Red Ron
5/31/2008, 01:45 PM
We'll catch hell from the whorns and t boogers over this.And he'll catch TD's against the whornes in October.

DrZaius
5/31/2008, 01:46 PM
I tell you this.....He looked like the best receiver in the Under Armour game.....even better than the tool that Bama landed. I am glad to see that he is still coming. I live in Atlanta and did not hear about this story of the charges reduced. Good for him. I hope he makes the most from his second chance.

Big Red Ron
5/31/2008, 01:48 PM
Colorado is good for skiing. I actually have a vacation home there. Other than that they're Kansans with mountains.

I'm not sure I give a crap what they think. As a matter of fact, let them go to the PAC 10, they add virtually nothing to the Big XII.

OKC-SLC
5/31/2008, 02:33 PM
I guess I trust stoops on this, but i don't like this.

Scott D
5/31/2008, 03:57 PM
I tell you this.....He looked like the best receiver in the Under Armour game.....even better than the tool that Bama landed. I am glad to see that he is still coming. I live in Atlanta and did not hear about this story of the charges reduced. Good for him. I hope he makes the most from his second chance.

seriously, what makes Julio Jones a tool? The fact that he's from Alabama and in the end decided to remain in Alabama?

IronHorseSooner
5/31/2008, 03:59 PM
In my profession, we often get kids like this and they turn out to be darn good soldiers. Why? Because they know it's their last chance and those who mentor them push them a little harder. I really believe this is the case here. If he plays to level that he can, he is an absolute deep threat and watching him, Owens, and Miller on the field at the same time time for 3-4 years ought to make defenses very nervous.

soonerfan28
5/31/2008, 04:21 PM
Who gets more playing time Owens or Jarboe? I say Owens because he's bigger then Jarboe and has the same kind of speed. Maybe also because Jarboe messed up and Stoops needs to see if he can handle being put on the sideline. I think that will determine how mature Jarboe is. He's an awesome talent and I hope he see the field this year.

goingoneight
5/31/2008, 04:32 PM
I'd have to say the one who gets on campus and plays the best... but that's just me. Did you ever think Clayton would play more than Brandon Jones on signing day?

soonerfan28
5/31/2008, 04:37 PM
I'd have to say the one who gets on campus and plays the best... but that's just me. Did you ever think Clayton would play more than Brandon Jones on signing day?
No I never thought Clayton would play more, but I think it would be similar to what happened to Broyles last year. If Jarboe is 10 times better then him, if it's close it goes to Owens. I know I'm leaving Miller out but he needs to gain some weight.

Big Red Ron
5/31/2008, 06:26 PM
I'd have to say the one who gets on campus and plays the best... but that's just me. Did you ever think Clayton would play more than Brandon Jones on signing day?No, Brandon Jones was certainly supposed to be the bigger recruit but playing baseball and starting for a few years didn't help his development as a WR, imho.

Animal Mother
6/2/2008, 03:32 PM
seriously, what makes Julio Jones a tool? The fact that he's from Alabama and in the end decided to remain in Alabama?

Seriously. What makes you care? You trying to be his agent? Seriously, that's illegal.

Collier11
6/2/2008, 05:15 PM
Ill answer that one for Chris...because it is embarrassing to call a player names on insult them because he didnt choose OU

soonerfan28
6/2/2008, 05:31 PM
It's not like he was an a-hole about the whole thing. I'm as disappointed as anybody that he didn't choose OU. In my book we are every bit the program that Alabama is especially at this point, but last time I checked these kids do what are best for them and that's what he did. I wish the kid the best and can't wait to see him play on Saturdays.

Scott D
6/2/2008, 06:32 PM
It's not like he was an a-hole about the whole thing. I'm as disappointed as anybody that he didn't choose OU. In my book we are every bit the program that Alabama is especially at this point, but last time I checked these kids do what are best for them and that's what he did. I wish the kid the best and can't wait to see him play on Saturdays.

bingo.

BoomerGirl34
6/2/2008, 10:55 PM
Even if we don't have Josh Jarboe we still have ADRON TENNELL!

http://disney-clipart.com/winnie-the-pooh/Pooh-Bear/pooh-rumbly-2006.jpg

:D