PDA

View Full Version : I am a shoetard

mdklatt
5/30/2008, 03:51 PM
I cannot make it through the day without my left shoe coming untied. Just my left shoe. It doesn't matter which pair of shoes I'm wearing, either. Always the left shoe, at least once a day. To my knowledge, I don't tie the left one any differently than the right one. My left leg isn't any longer or shorter than my right leg. I don't make more turns in one direction or the other during the day.

What gives? :confused:

royalfan5
5/30/2008, 04:08 PM
two words. vel. cro.

yermom
5/30/2008, 04:11 PM
maybe you sit funny or something

Hamhock
5/30/2008, 04:11 PM
you should see a chiropractor.

badger
5/30/2008, 04:12 PM
Ok, here's what you do, or ideas at least.

1- Velcro.

Ok, that's a bit dated.

2- Laceless, velcro-less footwear

All Oklahomans need to get steppin' to their boot wearin' heritage! Ok, nay? Next...

3- The really cool way to tie, as seen below:
http://www.sheknowsbest.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/new_adidas_nopo_espresso.jpg
The way to do this is not an urban myth or something. It can be done in two ways. The easiest way that doesn't involve and lace hackery is to tie you laces normally with the knot about 6 inches away from the shoe. Then, put the lace bow in your shoe. Then, put your foot in. Voila, the bow disappears and never gets untied! You can laces tight by standing on the bow.

Or, you can simply figure out how tight you want your shoes to always be. Then, knot the laces off inside the last shoe lace hole thingy... then, snip! You never have to tie your laces again!

Hamhock
5/30/2008, 04:14 PM
The way to do this is not an urban myth or something. It can be done in two ways. The easiest way that doesn't involve and lace hackery is to tie you laces normally with the knot about 6 inches away from the shoe. Then, put the lace bow in your shoe. Then, put your foot in. Voila, the bow disappears and never gets untied!

so, instead of just having to worry about the seam on the toe of my sock being misaligned, i've got a whole freaking shoestring crammed in there?

you're mad.

Animal Mother
5/30/2008, 04:14 PM
Hire a hooker. I mean a tire. Damn! I mean a tier. How the heck do you spell "someone that ties you up." I guess I had it right the first time with hooker.

Sooner_Havok
5/30/2008, 04:17 PM
Are you left handed?

badger
5/30/2008, 04:18 PM
so, instead of just having to worry about the seam on the toe of my sock being misaligned, i've got a whole freaking shoestring crammed in there?

you're mad.

Hey man, I OFFERED AN ALTERNATIVE!

:P

soonermix
5/30/2008, 04:21 PM
wear flip flops

yermom
5/30/2008, 04:23 PM
or Crocs

olevetonahill
5/30/2008, 04:37 PM
Go Bare Footed :pop:

mdklatt
5/30/2008, 04:39 PM
Are you left handed?

Nope. If I was, would that mean that right-handed people have trouble keeping their right shoe tied?? Does anyone else have this problem (either foot)?

mdklatt
5/30/2008, 04:40 PM
wear flip flops

or Crocs

D) NONE OF THE ABOVE

mdklatt
5/30/2008, 04:43 PM
maybe you sit funny or something

Hmmmm...there might be something to this. As I'm sitting right now, my feet are crossed under my desk chair. My left leg is behind my right leg, so that the laces on the left shoe occasionally rub against my right ankle.

But this also happens during the weekend when I'm not sitting at a desk all day. On the other hand, it didn't happen on Wednesday when I wasn't in the office because I was out climbing a mountain and dodging rattlesnakes. :confused:

Sooner_Havok
5/30/2008, 04:52 PM
Nope. If I was, would that mean that right-handed people have trouble keeping their right shoe tied?? Does anyone else have this problem (either foot)?

My right shoe always comes untied to. I always assumed it was because I didn't tie it with as much gusto :D

olevetonahill
5/30/2008, 04:54 PM
If Ya aint gonna go Bare footed then Eat Mo Grits !

yermom
5/30/2008, 04:57 PM
Hmmmm...there might be something to this. As I'm sitting right now, my feet are crossed under my desk chair. My left leg is behind my right leg, so that the laces on the left shoe occasionally rub against my right ankle.

But this also happens during the weekend when I'm not sitting at a desk all day. On the other hand, it didn't happen on Wednesday when I wasn't in the office because I was out climbing a mountain and dodging rattlesnakes. :confused:

that's the kinda thing i was thinking of

i wear sandals so often though(not flip flops or Crocs), i don't have this issue much at all

i generally tie my laces pretty tight though when i wear shoes

mdklatt
5/30/2008, 05:12 PM
i generally tie my laces pretty tight though when i wear shoes

I usually make a conscious effort to tie my left shoe tight now that I'm aware of this, but it doesn't seem to help. I think it must be the way I sit with my ankles crossed.

Harry Beanbag
5/30/2008, 05:17 PM
I have the same problem with my left shoe. Now I tie double knots. YWIA.

Chuck Bao
5/30/2008, 09:58 PM
I have the same problem with my left shoe. Now I tie double knots. YWIA.

I'm with Harry here. I always tie double knots in my oxford dress shoes.

And, I certainly don't cross my legs or ankles.

texas bandman
5/31/2008, 12:09 AM

That's what all my relatives in southern OK do. They also don't wear shirts that have buttons on them...too dang much hassle. I remember when my wife first met cousin Kenny... He came ridin' up on a pony, bareback, barefooted and shirtless. In fact, I think he had the solution to all of today's problems. And to thinkmy cousin Kenny was"green". Ibetcha he had almost no carbon footprint. :D

Frozen Sooner
5/31/2008, 12:12 AM
I use a different knot than the standard bow. Not sure what it's called, but my uncle (no, not my great-uncle, and he's never liberated any concentration camps) taught it to me when I was like 22 and my shoes have never come untied by accident since.

Harry Beanbag
5/31/2008, 12:14 AM
Was he in the Navy? :)

Frozen Sooner
5/31/2008, 12:15 AM
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/twoloopknot.htm

That's the one I use.

Frozen Sooner
5/31/2008, 12:16 AM

Heh. Nope. He never served. He does get to wear epaulets and a hat with scrambled eggs on it professionally, though.

Mjcpr
5/31/2008, 12:17 AM

Did I break wind?

OH, wait....

JohnnyMack
5/31/2008, 12:18 AM
...she died thirty years ago...

LoyalFan
5/31/2008, 02:46 AM
I cannot make it through the day without my left shoe coming untied. Just my left shoe. It doesn't matter which pair of shoes I'm wearing, either. Always the left shoe, at least once a day. To my knowledge, I don't tie the left one any differently than the right one. My left leg isn't any longer or shorter than my right leg. I don't make more turns in one direction or the other during the day.

What gives? :confused:

Mirror image! I wear ratty old mocs a lot; When fishing, loafing, clinging to bar stools...the usual stuff, and they're normally in company of faded jeans, clean fishing shirt. Haute Couture at it's finest.
Well, my RIGHT moc self-unties at least ten times a day. Mebbe these thick leather laces are possessed or sumpin'...I dunno, but it drives me crazier.
I am considering glueing the darned knot...or knot.
Y'think those laces might have come from a bovine that had Mad Cow 'zeeze?

And now, dear friends, I must bid thee "Farewell" and go annoy the bass. 0500 launch...groan.

LF

LoyalFan
6/1/2008, 10:03 AM
And now, dear friends, I must bid thee "Farewell" and go annoy the bass. 0500 launch...groan.
LF

And annoy the bass I did! No hawgs, just a few keepers (all released) and some dinks, but a great few hours with a good friend.
Wind was a pain and I wore myself out on the trollmotor pedal. Hot too...Thank God for Gatorade(TM).
That's all.

LF

proud gonzo
6/1/2008, 11:20 AM
I double-knot my laces and never untie them to take off/put on my shoes.

proud gonzo
6/1/2008, 11:21 AM

That's the one I use.
you use the bunny-ear method!

proud gonzo
6/1/2008, 11:27 AM
hmmm.... YWIA:
http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/slipping.htm

achiro
6/1/2008, 11:44 AM
Find a 5 year old to tie them for you.

M
6/2/2008, 08:45 AM
This is why I wear heels.

soonerbrat
6/2/2008, 10:14 AM

sounds like you're making progress on solving your mystery, sherlock

soonerinabilene
6/2/2008, 12:33 PM

That's the one I use.

Thanks for making me feel like a 3 year old learning how to tie my shoes all over again.

Mjcpr
6/2/2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks for making me feel like a 3 year old learning how to tie my shoes all over again.

http://www.allegromedical.com/images/products/1220M_big.jpg

SoonerInKCMO
6/2/2008, 01:47 PM

:dean: Stop sittin' like a chick and you'll be fine.

Fraggle145
6/2/2008, 01:53 PM
or be ghey

fixed ;)

Fraggle145
6/2/2008, 01:55 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/funny-pictures-red-shoes-cat-stupid.jpg

see.

proud gonzo
6/2/2008, 02:51 PM
lol