PDA

View Full Version : Jarboe charges reduced.

soonerloyal
5/30/2008, 10:47 AM
http://newsok.com/charges-against-ou...?tm=1212153920
By Jake Trotter
Staff Writer
Felonies charges against Oklahoma football signee Josh Jarboe were reduced to misdemeanors in DeKalb County, Ga., Superior Court on Thursday
According to spokeswoman Jada Hudspeth of the DeKalb County District Attorney's Office, Jarboe pled guilty to both bringing a gun to school and carrying a pistol without a license on Tuesday.
Under Georgia’s First Offenders Act, Judge Michael Hancock reduced the charges to misdemeanors, since Jarboe had no prior convictions.
Jarboe will serve 24 months probation and undergo 80 hours of community service.
The ruling should significantly enhance Jarboe’s chances of making it to Norman by next football season.
Jarboe was considered one of the top-10 wide receiver recruits in the nation coming out of Cedar Grove High School this past signing period.
He was arrested on March 6, accused of bringing a stolen gun to a Cedar Grove parking lot.
Jarboe was later expelled from school, but kept taking classes online to complete his high school degree.
Hudspeth noted that many administrators from Cedar Grove attended the hearing this week on Jarboe’s behalf, which impressed Judge Hancock and DeKalb County prosecutor Donna Stribling.
“They were very supportive,” Hudspeth said.

Blitzkrieg
5/30/2008, 11:06 AM
Sweet. D@mn liberals and their "gun paranoia"

yermom
5/30/2008, 11:08 AM
is this guy 8 feet tall and runs a 4.0 40?

badger
5/30/2008, 11:11 AM
I can see why he wanted to get as far away from these guys as possible after high school. They're bringing him down when he has so much potential to do better things. Here's hoping he spends 24/7 and 365 in Oklahoma and away from these troublemakers.

swardboy
5/30/2008, 11:11 AM
Seeing that a veritable plethora of school admins appeared on his behalf calms me down a lot....that, and the fact that he got with it online and completed his schoolin'.

Now Mr. Jarboe, keep your hands off guns for the next four years, and welcome to Norman!

stoops the eternal pimp
5/30/2008, 11:23 AM
is this guy 8 feet tall and runs a 4.0 40?

no that was Onyenegecha

Animal Mother
5/30/2008, 11:36 AM
Sweet. D@mn liberals and their "gun paranoia"

Welcome to this week's episode of "Seeing Something That Isn't Anywhere In The Story."

C&CDean
5/30/2008, 11:50 AM
Welcome to this week's episode of "Seeing Something That Isn't Anywhere In The Story."

Jeez. You must just troll around searching for any post you can find that knocks liberals just so you can wave your rainbow flag. Meh.

SouthFortySooner
5/30/2008, 11:52 AM
Quick get that kid a job at BigRedSportsandImports.

kramer9802
5/30/2008, 12:38 PM
I would not consider bringing guns to school a liberal or conservative issue...unless you think those kids had it coming at Columbine.

JLEW1818
5/30/2008, 12:42 PM
Well good for him. If he gets felony charges, his life is ruined for ever. He got lucky.

yermom
5/30/2008, 01:46 PM
i'm just not sure why we are so excited about him, if he was a Texas recruit we'd be all over this

he better take this as a good reason to not be a dumbass and realize how lucky he is if he does make it to campus

badger
5/30/2008, 02:03 PM
Like I said, he probably had bad apples around him that he needs to get far away from so that he doesn't keep messing up like this. He needs some good influences around him like Stoops and Co... and quite a few miles between him and home.

NormanPride
5/30/2008, 02:19 PM
i'm just not sure why we are so excited about him, if he was a Texas recruit we'd be all over this

he better take this as a good reason to not be a dumbass and realize how lucky he is if he does make it to campus

He was an average recruit until a the national camps near the end of recruiting season. He jumped from a mid-low teens WR recruit to in the top 5-10. Then, when he committed, he did something pretty funny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiX-Ua2Fx8g). :D

yermom
5/30/2008, 02:34 PM
after clicking around, he does look like a stud. hopefully he gets and keeps his crap together

RacerX
5/30/2008, 02:37 PM
Felonies charges against Oklahoma football signee Josh Jarboe were reduced to misdemeanors in DeKalb County, Ga., Superior Court on Thursday
According to spokeswoman Jada Hudspeth of the DeKalb County District Attorney's Office, Jarboe pled guilty to both bringing a gun to school and carrying a pistol without a license on Tuesday.

Let him go to school somewhere else.

JLEW1818
5/30/2008, 02:39 PM
Let him go to school somewhere else.

hard to argue with that. guess we will just have to wait and see. hopefully he did a 180.

JLEW1818
5/30/2008, 02:41 PM
He was an average recruit until a the national camps near the end of recruiting season. He jumped from a mid-low teens WR recruit to in the top 5-10. Then, when he committed, he did something pretty funny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiX-Ua2Fx8g). :D

The boy does have some style!

This is older which most of yall have seen. but take a peak at your boy DM!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMcSq-tpRBs&feature=related

redfirecracker
5/31/2008, 10:44 PM
I would not consider bringing guns to school a liberal or conservative issue...unless you think those kids had it coming at Columbine.

Who exactly was his victim here? Did he hurt someone? Steal something? Break something? Threaten anyone?

I carry a gun in my car. Is that OK with you? Or are you going to come up with a smart *** smear against me too?

Big Red Ron
5/31/2008, 10:58 PM
I bet a few of the could have.

MyT Oklahoma
6/1/2008, 11:23 AM
My bottom line on this is that I trust Stoops decision. Bob knows more about what happened and what his instincts are regarding this kid's character, so I trust Stoops judgment and hope for the best.

Mr. Jarboe, welcome to Norman, behave yourself and make us proud.

kramer9802
6/2/2008, 11:15 AM
I don't care if you carry a gun in your car, as long as you are a licensed concealed weapons holder and old enough. I do not believe that anyone other than a police officer should be allowed on school grounds with a gun. I especially don't think a kid that attends the school should bring a gun to school. Myself, being both a gun owner and a registered democrat do not view bringing guns to school as an issue that should divide liberals and conservatives, but I can tell that some conservatives do feel like guns have a place in public schools. I do not think these people have children of school age... if they do, then they are freaking morons.

footballfanatic
6/2/2008, 12:24 PM
I don't know what's worse, bringing a stolen gun to a HS campus, or people here saying it's "no big deal."

footballfanatic
6/2/2008, 12:26 PM
Who exactly was his victim here? Did he hurt someone? Steal something? Break something? Threaten anyone?

I carry a gun in my car. Is that OK with you? Or are you going to come up with a smart *** smear against me too?

It's not illegal for you to carry a handgun in your car provided you have a concealed weapon permit. It is illegal to bring a gun onto a HS campus in America. That is what is wrong here. Oh yes, the weapon was stolen.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/2/2008, 12:40 PM
I'm trying to figure out how he got into this situation? Was he egged on, was he incredibly stupid on this thing, did he have a teenager moment and forget everything he was taught...Or was he out to do something evil? Just a weird situation. Since I haven't been around much, don't know what has been posted and printed.

As far as location, South Dekalb County, while this is suburbia, it is not as nice as the north part of Dekalb county - Dunwoody. I think they have their problems in South Dekalb.

47straight
6/2/2008, 05:30 PM
I don't know what's worse, bringing a stolen gun to a HS campus, or people here saying it's "no big deal."

It took a while for the trolls to come out, but they don't disappoint!

Hey, I was wondering: Do bitches still deserve to be kicked? If so, is that what you still do?

soonerfan28
6/2/2008, 07:08 PM
I bet we would be shocked if we knew how many kids have brought guns to school in a single school year. I work at a middle school in Tulsa and we had a 13 year old bring a gun to school 2 year ago. Nothing about teenagers shock me anymore.

kramer9802
6/2/2008, 07:22 PM
It took a while for the trolls to come out, but they don't disappoint!

Hey, I was wondering: Do bitches still deserve to be kicked? If so, is that what you still do?

How is it being a troll to think it is wrong to bring a gun to school? The original troll was the one that proclaimed "Sweet. D@mn liberals and their "gun paranoia""

I own guns, but know the difference between paranoia and Collumbine, Virgina Tech...etc

To be honest with you, I am glad the charges were reduced....we need some more receivers after loosing MK. :D

goingoneight
6/2/2008, 09:55 PM
Looks bad... but it's not unheard of for a guy to turn his life around and do great things while representing the university well. Didn't PT get a DUI during his 1st year?

47straight
6/2/2008, 11:03 PM
How is it being a troll to think it is wrong to bring a gun to school? The original troll was the one that proclaimed "Sweet. D@mn liberals and their "gun paranoia""

I own guns, but know the difference between paranoia and Collumbine, Virgina Tech...etc

To be honest with you, I am glad the charges were reduced....we need some more receivers after loosing MK. :D

footballfanatic = whorn troll. He would freely admit it as such.

You, with 17 posts, calling Blitz a troll?

:gary:

Unintentional comedy gold.

BoomerGirl34
6/2/2008, 11:13 PM

Ask Tarell Brown and Tyrell Gatewood.

Linky:
http://www.bevosports.com/2006/09/04/tarell-brown-and-tyrell-gatewood-arrested/

Oh and I think Cedric Benson stole my TV.

:rolleyes:

kramer9802
6/3/2008, 10:12 AM
footballfanatic = whorn troll. He would freely admit it as such.

You, with 17 posts, calling Blitz a troll?

:gary:

Unintentional comedy gold.

True, I don't have a lot of posts on here. It mainly because I get so many disapproved reputations on here for being a Democrat. I had no idea, footballfanatic was a whorn....that does change everything.

badger
6/3/2008, 11:28 AM
Looks bad... but it's not unheard of for a guy to turn his life around and do great things while representing the university well. Didn't PT get a DUI during his 1st year?

To answer your question and for educational purposes only:

OU Quarterback Thompson Arrested For DUI

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) _ University of Oklahoma backup quarterback Paul Thompson has been arrested in Norman on a driving under the influence complaint, according to a police report.

Thompson, 20, was arrested at 1:20 AM Sunday after running a red light, the report said. He was later released on $1,000 bond.

Kenny Mossman, director of OU athletic media relations, said Thompson's arrest would be handled internally.

``Those issues are always the same for us,'' he said. ``It's handled within the framework of the team and coaching staff.''

Mossman did not say whether disciplinary action would be taken against Thompson, a junior from Leander, Tex.

Thompson recently completed spring practice as the No. 2 quarterback on the depth chart behind Heisman Trophy winner Jason White.

As a backup the last two seasons, Thompson completed 31 of 47 passes for 319 yards.

With White sitting out of the annual Red-White spring game, Thompson completed 21 of 30 passes for 311 yards.

schlanker
6/3/2008, 11:49 AM
This kid is a moron. But if he can run fast and catch a ball I really dont care as long as that is the end of it. If he does anything again I am pretty sure he will be tossed out.

The he's around bad apples is a terrible argument. Pretty sure there are bad kids in Norman too. Plus people have to live w their choices.

TexasLidig8r
6/3/2008, 12:50 PM
There's a world of difference between bringing a stolen handgun on a high school campus and a DUI.... there's also a big difference between bringing a stolen handgun on a high school campus and being charged with two felony counts, albeit reduced to misdemeanors, and having a gun in a car NOT on a high school campus.

For better or worse, Stoops has a reputation of giving young adults who have had issues with the law, a second chance. Whereas most schools give these young adults who are caught DUI a second chance after serving a suspension of some sorts (anywhere from 1 to 3 games), Stoops seems to go a step further. In some cases, (Lynn Macgruder (sp.)) it works out.. in some, the jury is out still (the kid who took the coat at Burlington coat factory in December.. Ryan Broyles.. now this kid)

Moral righteousness wears a particular school color depending on what your affiliation and/or affection is. If this was Mack, the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here would be of Biblical proportions, and the Longhorns who welcomed him with open arms would be derided as "win at all costs" shallow fans.

kramer9802
6/3/2008, 01:06 PM
There's a world of difference between bringing a stolen handgun on a high school campus and a DUI.... there's also a big difference between bringing a stolen handgun on a high school campus and being charged with two felony counts, albeit reduced to misdemeanors, and having a gun in a car NOT on a high school campus.

For better or worse, Stoops has a reputation of giving young adults who have had issues with the law, a second chance. Whereas most schools give these young adults who are caught DUI a second chance after serving a suspension of some sorts (anywhere from 1 to 3 games), Stoops seems to go a step further. In some cases, (Lynn Macgruder (sp.)) it works out.. in some, the jury is out still (the kid who took the coat at Burlington coat factory in December.. Ryan Broyles.. now this kid)

Moral righteousness wears a particular school color depending on what your affiliation and/or affection is. If this was Mack, the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here would be of Biblical proportions, and the Longhorns who welcomed him with open arms would be derided as "win at all costs" shallow fans.

Do we have to bring out the line-up of criminals UT has been through the last few years? It doesn't even compare. Besides, Jarboe was not at OU yet.... I know what kind of party town Austin can be, it is a miracle Texas doesn't loose a player a week down on 6th street.

TexasLidig8r
6/3/2008, 01:36 PM
Do we have to bring out the line-up of criminals UT has been through the last few years? It doesn't even compare. Besides, Jarboe was not at OU yet.... I know what kind of party town Austin can be, it is a miracle Texas doesn't loose a player a week down on 6th street.

First, in that context.. it is spelled lose, not loose. (Not a big thing just a pet peeve of mine)

And yes, it is surprising more players in the summer time don't give in to the temptation especially since coaches cannot have any contact with them (another antiquated NCAA rule).

The last few years ending last summer were ridiculous for the UT program. 3 DUIs (all suspended for 3 games.. in comparison to, let's say, Penn St. who suspended a player 1 game for the same infraction).... then there was Robert Joseph who would have started at safety this past year (will never play for UT again).. then Andre Jones, who would have played significantly at DT this year and for the next few years (will never play for UT again)... Ramonce Taylor... not allowed to participate in any team function and then... kicked off the team.

If you want a comparison for a high school kid.. look no further than Chris Collins... accepted a scholarship at UT, arrested and charged with statutory rape... Mack pulled his scholly.. Okie Lite offered him a full ride before the ink was even dry on the revocation of his scholarship.

Certainly the kids who go to UT are no saints. The point was that Stoops has acquired a bit of a reputation giving most transgressors of criminal laws second chances. Point two was the wisdom of such action varies depending on which school one attended or supports.

101sooner
6/3/2008, 01:56 PM
All in all, Stoops has a pretty good track record on giving second chances. Dusty and McGruder worked out well. Bomar had a couple of minor in possession issues, but you can't expect him to kick him off the team for that.

As far as what 'Horns (no offense Lid), Aggies and such say about Bob I could care less. The bottom line is, over the last 10 years, OU simply hasn't had very many problems with players getting in trouble. Maybe I'm forgetting some, but I can't think of any gun, robbery, rape, or distribution type charges over the past few years. Just a few DUI's. Everage kept getting in trouble for weed. Bob kicked a player off the team a couple of years ago for trespassing or something, but I can't remember who it was.

yermom
6/3/2008, 02:06 PM
Hunter Wall

we were going through QBs like FSU there for a while

KantoSooner
6/3/2008, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by kramer9802

First, in that context.. it is spelled lose, not loose. (Not a big thing just a pet peeve of mine)

Well, Lid, just a minute. Maybe he DID mean 'loose'. Think about it. Maybe it's a new sporting aspect to Mack's training regimen. It could work something like this: you take a couple of Horns and 'loose' them at one end of 6th Street with the mission of getting to the other end without getting arrested or shot. You could call it the 'Running of the Horns' or something of that nature. Make a tourist attraction out of it. People could line the rooftop drinkeries to cheer on their heroes as they reel down the streets, attempting manfully to avoid La Guardia Civil.
It would be great fun and a truly unique spectacle. Plus, if drinks (or more personal liquids) were dumped on them along the way, it could ready them for trips to Baton Rouge.

So, it really might have been 'loose'. Never underestimate the power of candor.

kramer9802
6/3/2008, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by kramer9802

Well, Lid, just a minute. Maybe he DID mean 'loose'. Think about it. Maybe it's a new sporting aspect to Mack's training regimen. It could work something like this: you take a couple of Horns and 'loose' them at one end of 6th Street with the mission of getting to the other end without getting arrested or shot. You could call it the 'Running of the Horns' or something of that nature. Make a tourist attraction out of it. People could line the rooftop drinkeries to cheer on their heroes as they reel down the streets, attempting manfully to avoid La Guardia Civil.
It would be great fun and a truly unique spectacle. Plus, if drinks (or more personal liquids) were dumped on them along the way, it could ready them for trips to Baton Rouge.

So, it really might have been 'loose'. Never underestimate the power of candor.

I think it was more of a typo than a spelling issue, but who knows. I should have known that a Texas fan would be more familiar with the word lose.

JohnnyMack
6/3/2008, 03:10 PM

And yes, it is surprising more players in the summer time don't give in to the temptation especially since coaches cannot have any contact with them (another antiquated NCAA rule).

The last few years ending last summer were ridiculous for the UT program. 3 DUIs (all suspended for 3 games.. in comparison to, let's say, Penn St. who suspended a player 1 game for the same infraction).... then there was Robert Joseph who would have started at safety this past year (will never play for UT again).. then Andre Jones, who would have played significantly at DT this year and for the next few years (will never play for UT again)... Ramonce Taylor... not allowed to participate in any team function and then... kicked off the team.

If you want a comparison for a high school kid.. look no further than Chris Collins... accepted a scholarship at UT, arrested and charged with statutory rape... Mack pulled his scholly.. Okie Lite offered him a full ride before the ink was even dry on the revocation of his scholarship.

Certainly the kids who go to UT are no saints. The point was that Stoops has acquired a bit of a reputation giving most transgressors of criminal laws second chances. Point two was the wisdom of such action varies depending on which school one attended or supports.

Is a DUI comparable in your eyes to misdemeanor weapons charges?

Ramonce Taylor was dismissed from the team for a series of transgressions and was rightfully dismissed.

Granger made a mistake and was/is being punished for it.

Bomar/Quinn committed transgressions that warranted immediate dismissal.

Cedric Benson's transgressions apparently did not.

We can sit around and talk for hours about young kids making stupid decisions and how their respective school/coach opted to handle it.

But your assertion that Stoops has acquired a reputation of giving most transgressors of criminal charges second charges is a chicken**** one at best. For someone of your purported ilk to drop lines like that is something usually reserved for politicians. You should hang out in our politics threads more often if you're gonna post crap like that.

TexasLidig8r
6/3/2008, 03:28 PM
Is a DUI comparable in your eyes to misdemeanor weapons charges?

Ramonce Taylor was dismissed from the team for a series of transgressions and was rightfully dismissed.

Granger made a mistake and was/is being punished for it.

Bomar/Quinn committed transgressions that warranted immediate dismissal.

Cedric Benson's transgressions apparently did not.

We can sit around and talk for hours about young kids making stupid decisions and how their respective school/coach opted to handle it.

But your assertion that Stoops has acquired a reputation of giving most transgressors of criminal charges second charges is a chicken**** one at best. For someone of your purported ilk to drop lines like that is something usually reserved for politicians. You should hang out in our politics threads more often if you're gonna post crap like that.

You're usually more cogent than that. Did Hillary's impending implosion throw you off kilter?

Take your crimson glass off sport.

Explain Macgruder.... and Dusty... and Granger... and Ryan Broyles.. and now this kid. Each with a screw up involving criminal conduct... each given a second chance. If you remove your over the top emotionalism and look at my posts on this thread, I haven't bashed Stoops at all (as some of my Horn Brethren on various websites have) for his action on these young adults.

You may not like the factual background but you can't change it. Facts are what they are. On each of the five listed above (and again, DUI is not being addressed in this context), the five transgressed, the five were given the opportunity to play at OU after each transgression. That is not opinion. That is fact. Reputations are established through a consistent course of conduct. Do you realistically think that such course of conduct has not been established?

Further, your remarks about Bomar and Quinn are irrelevant to this discussion because their transgressions involved violating NCAA guidelines, NOT criminal conduct.

As for hanging out in political threads on the South Oval.. what's the point? No one's mind will change.. the parties are basically exactly the same with the only difference being the identity of the special interests who use the lead politician as a puppet for their agenda.

JohnnyMack
6/3/2008, 03:38 PM
You're usually more cogent than that. Did Hillary's impending implosion throw you off kilter?

Take your crimson glass off sport.

Explain Macgruder.... and Dusty... and Granger... and Ryan Broyles.. and now this kid. Each with a screw up involving criminal conduct... each given a second chance. If you remove your over the top emotionalism and look at my posts on this thread, I haven't bashed Stoops at all (as some of my Horn Brethren on various websites have) for his action on these young adults.

You may not like the factual background but you can't change it. Facts are what they are. On each of the five listed above (and again, DUI is not being addressed in this context), the five transgressed, the five were given the opportunity to play at OU after each transgression. That is not opinion. That is fact. Reputations are established through a consistent course of conduct. Do you realistically think that such course of conduct has not been established?

Further, your remarks about Bomar and Quinn are irrelevant to this discussion because their transgressions involved violating NCAA guidelines, NOT criminal conduct.

As for hanging out in political threads on the South Oval.. what's the point? No one's mind will change.. the parties are basically exactly the same with the only difference being the identity of the special interests who use the lead politician as a puppet for their agenda.

Let's get a list of Texas players and their transgressions during Mack's tenure, analyze their respective punishment, do the same with Stoops and then decide who coddles who. My guess is that it will come out about even. Young college kids do dumb ****. College coaches will do what it takes to win. Get off your high horse already.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

TexasLidig8r
6/3/2008, 04:00 PM
Let's get a list of Texas players and their transgressions during Mack's tenure, analyze their respective punishment, do the same with Stoops and then decide who coddles who. My guess is that it will come out about even. Young college kids do dumb ****. College coaches will do what it takes to win. Get off your high horse already.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

If I was bashing Stoops, then it would be the case of glass houses, stones etc. Again, there has not been any Stoops bashing by me on this thread. And, I don't even own a horse, let alone a high one, nor would I let the horse get high.

Facts are what they are Doogie.

(it really is the Hillary thing isn't it?) ;)

JohnnyMack
6/3/2008, 04:05 PM
If I was bashing Stoops, then it would be the case of glass houses, stones etc. Again, there has not been any Stoops bashing by me on this thread. And, I don't even own a horse, let alone a high one, nor would I let the horse get high.

Facts are what they are Doogie.

Exactly. Facts are facts. Your program is, has been and will be dotted with criminals. Mack coddles them. He turns his back on their deeds and only when forced to act does he take dramatic action.

See how fun this is?

JohnnyMack
6/3/2008, 04:05 PM

Obama 'bout to drop the house on her tonight.

Yay!

soonerinabilene
6/3/2008, 04:52 PM
I cant stand Texas, but I will say this. When it comes to trying to run a clean, respectable program while at the same time giving kids who f up a second chance to straighten out their lives, Stoops AND Mack do as good of a job as any other coach in the country.

TexasLidig8r
6/3/2008, 05:34 PM
Exactly. Facts are facts. Your program is, has been and will be dotted with criminals. Mack coddles them. He turns his back on their deeds and only when forced to act does he take dramatic action.

See how fun this is?

Like he did with Robert Joseph who would've started at safety this past year and for years to come?

Like he did with Andre Jones who would've contributed a lot of time and started at DT for years to come?

Like he did with Chris Collins, whose scholarship was yanked before he even arrived?

Like he did with Billy Pittman this past year, suspending him for 3 games even though he was cleared of driving a car he did not own? (it should have been a used Lexus)

it is fun!

(Does Hillary get the Veep bid from Obama and thereby assuring he will be assasinated within the first 100 days of his presidency thereby allowing her to ascend to the Oval Office?)

meoveryouxinfinity
6/3/2008, 05:37 PM
Like I said, he probably had bad apples around him that he needs to get far away from so that he doesn't keep messing up like this. He needs some good influences around him like Stoops and Co... and quite a few miles between him and home.

What a cop out. You are known by the company you keep. You are your friends. You don't hang out with people unless you have something in common. Not to mention, true integrity implies doing what is right when no one is looking or when everyone is compromising. (yeah, that was written in A-hall of PC North HS ;) )

meoveryouxinfinity
6/3/2008, 05:50 PM
To answer your question and for educational purposes only:

edit to protect from stalkers

JLEW1818
6/3/2008, 06:32 PM
I really do not see what we have to lose. A little punk freshman is not going to make a huge impact to a senior offensive line, arguably the best QB in the nation, and one of the best coaches ever. What I'm getting at is, if this kid makes a fool of himself in Norman, the players are going to look at him and be like "wow your an idiot, get the hell out of here." One little kid is not going to damage our team if he messes up. Now if Sam Bradford went out and robbed a lady, then yes I would think the team would be damaged for the season. This kid has proved nothing yet except the fact that he can break the law. So yes give him a second chance, and who knows maybe he will turn out and be a Juaquin Iglesias type WR, who keeps his mouth shut, and catch passes, and a Christian player.

adoniijahsooner
6/3/2008, 07:28 PM

There is a difference, One you can accidently shoot someone, the other you can accidently kill a family of five! There is no difference.

JohnnyMack
6/3/2008, 08:35 PM
Like he did with Robert Joseph who would've started at safety this past year and for years to come?

Like he did with Andre Jones who would've contributed a lot of time and started at DT for years to come?

Like he did with Chris Collins, whose scholarship was yanked before he even arrived?

Like he did with Billy Pittman this past year, suspending him for 3 games even though he was cleared of driving a car he did not own? (it should have been a used Lexus)

it is fun!

(Does Hillary get the Veep bid from Obama and thereby assuring he will be assasinated within the first 100 days of his presidency thereby allowing her to ascend to the Oval Office?)

The Chris Collins debaucle will in my mind forever tarnish Gumby in my eyes.

We've suspended/kicked off plenty of bad players too. I'm too lazy to look up numbers or player or any of that ****.

Look I love Mack Brown. Seriously. I wish he had said yes to us back in tha day. I think he is a truly classy guy. He, like every other coach out there makes the tough decisions when he has to and is prone to giving second chances. I'm not going to breakdown every single player and their transgression on each team. I think Bob Stoops and Mack Brown do the right thing more often than not. Both have done what it takes to win and will continue to do so.

I'm done with this stupid conversation.

Ardmore_Sooner
6/3/2008, 09:19 PM
It's not illegal for you to carry a handgun in your car provided you have a concealed weapon permit. It is illegal to bring a gun onto a HS campus in America. That is what is wrong here. Oh yes, the weapon was stolen.

Please, never come to southern Oklahoma. You might crap a brick.

Vegas Sooner
6/3/2008, 09:52 PM
Look I love Mack Brown. Seriously. I wish he had said yes to us back in tha day. I think he is a truly classy guy. He, like every other coach out there makes the tough decisions when he has to and is prone to giving second chances. I'm not going to breakdown every single player and their transgression on each team. I think Bob Stoops and Mack Brown do the right thing more often than not. Both have done what it takes to win and will continue to do so.
[/QUOTE]

HUH?

Vegas Sooner
6/3/2008, 09:53 PM
Hope you are kidding about Mack.

Scott D
6/3/2008, 10:05 PM

it is fun!

Well, another perspective on the angle you've thrown out here, is that because Austin University is so beloved by so many talented players in the state of Texas, plenty of them will be sniffing around the campus waiting for a player to transgress enough that Mack is forced to dismiss them, and then magically a new player appears as a walk-on. But, to trump both of you, neither of our schools "coddle" as you both have put it quite like the University of Spoiled Criminals.

Vegas Sooner
6/3/2008, 10:16 PM
.....Just hope this guy isn't trouble.

Animal Mother
6/6/2008, 12:16 PM
Jeez. You must just troll around searching for any post you can find that knocks liberals just so you can wave your rainbow flag. Meh.

You could make some extra money allowing the psych department at OU to study you and your fascination with homosexuals. Anyone says anything that irons the wrinkles out of your sack you automatically paint them as gay. I'd bet every free swinging d!ck you meet makes you all tingly and sweaty under your Levi’s. You could be a career project for some psychiatrist. However, I'm certain you'd label psychiatry as ghey and dismiss it entirely when you start hearing dead bang descriptions of your behavior and what it really means. Just sayin'.