PDA

View Full Version : New Sooner Spectator!!

Jay C. Upchurch
5/30/2008, 10:43 AM
Sooner Spectator's 2008 Football Preview issue will be out next week (June 4-5), featuring 100 pages of nothing but cover-to-cover OU football coverage. Get the most comprehensive coverage available from your magazine source for Sooner Sports.

http://www.soonerspectator.com/images/featureimages/JuneJuly08cover.jpg

Great player and position features, Q&As with Bob Stoops and Kevin Wilson, an inside look at every starting spot, breakdowns of each OU opponent for 2008, great history features, key recruiting stories and much, much more!!!!

Call toll free TODAY and get the next 12 issues, including twice a month during football season, for the discounted price of ONLY $29.95.... call 1-877-841-8877 and ask for Kristie... if you get Coach Switzer on the answering machine, just leave your name and number, and she will get back to you asap... even if it isn't today, you will still get the discount!

That's a $30 savings off the newsstand cost and $15 off the regular price!

Diehard Sooner fans can not afford to miss this action-packed issue...

Check out our homepage to see our new cover!

Football is just around the corner... Don't Miss Out on the Best Sooner Magazine out there!

1-877-841-8877

badger
5/30/2008, 10:50 AM
Are you all going to be at the Sooner Caravan events? That would be a cool item to get autographed :)

Jay C. Upchurch
5/30/2008, 06:22 PM
Yes, we are going to be set up at the Dallas, Tulsa and OKC Sooner Caravan events this summer....

Dallas, June 3

Tulsa, Jine 5

OKC, August 7

OU-HSV
5/30/2008, 10:06 PM
Now this will be awesome

Jay C. Upchurch
6/9/2008, 10:50 PM
Happy to say the new issue has been met with a great response... they are flying off the shelves and this could be our best selling issue ever... Fans are truly excited about the possibilities involving the 2008 team!

SwitzerIsMyKing
6/11/2008, 11:46 AM
This will look great signed. Thanks for not making the covers glossy, these autograph nicely!! Maybe I can get Jim Terry to sign my new issue.
m. stout

OU-HSV
6/14/2008, 09:21 AM
Happy to say the new issue has been met with a great response... they are flying off the shelves and this could be our best selling issue ever... Fans are truly excited about the possibilities involving the 2008 team!

Add me to that list. Got mine in the mailbox last week and I haven't been able to read it all yet. But I've read most of it.
Once again, the breakdown of the opposing teams is excellent. Good info on the less media exposed teams that we will face. Props to SS again on a great issue.

oupride
6/22/2008, 10:45 AM
Can't wait, I am in the process of moving, will contact you with new addy!

soonerfan28
6/23/2008, 11:58 AM
Bought mine yesterday and read it from cover to cover. I especially like the Cory Bennett story. Nice

badger
6/23/2008, 12:57 PM
So....um... I kind of read the entire thing in one sitting immediately upon purchase and now have nothing left to read except this mesage board's updates as far as Sooner news goes :(

So... when is the next issue going to arrive? :)

Jay C. Upchurch
6/23/2008, 11:22 PM
We'll have another updated preseason issue out after fall practice begins around Aug. 21. And then we publish a new issue every two weeks during football season.

Thanks for reading! Please tell your friends about Sooner Spectator!

SwitzerIsMyKing
7/9/2008, 08:19 PM
Hey Jay.

Merrill Green surprised me today and stopped by my office for a couple of hours to visit. This guy has tons of stories from when he coached Switzer to being Mildren's high school coach. He was Billy Vessel's roommate.
Have you ever written about him in the Spectator? I think it would be a great read.
mike stout

sooneron
7/10/2008, 10:33 AM
How do I find out if my subscription is still good?

olevetonahill
7/10/2008, 10:38 AM
Ron Just give em a call .
I recieved Mine , But Ive been taking My time to read it . I read 1 article a week . I wanta make it last.:D

badger
7/10/2008, 10:42 AM
We'll have another updated preseason issue out after fall practice begins around Aug. 21.

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? ;)

Jay C. Upchurch
7/15/2008, 11:34 PM
If you have questions about your subscription, please call toll free (1-877-841-8877) and talk to Kristie... she will get you fixed up.

We are working on our next issue, but it will not be out until mid-August, after fall practice starts and they've had a little time to figure starters and those types of things. I'll have another update on that issue in a few days...

For anyone planning to go to the Sooner Caravan event in OKC on August 7 -- we'll be there handing out free football preview issues and selling subscriptions for only $29.95 that night. It's at the Cowboy Hall of Fame and it's always a fun evening.

jrfootballou
7/25/2008, 04:49 PM
Best issue!

r5TPsooner
8/1/2008, 09:14 PM
I'll be a new subscriber come next weekend.

boomersoonr7xchamps
8/12/2008, 07:02 PM
Best magazine on the planet............can't wait to see you have at the tent this year, Jay!

Jay C. Upchurch
8/14/2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate it.

We are definitely excited about the new season and all the upcoming pregame festivities on Campus Corner. Again this season, we will be set up across from the Apothem and we'll have former OU players autographing before every home game. Stay tuned for the list of guests.

Also, our next big issue is just around the corner. It is scheduled to hit the streets on Aug. 21, so get ready for another exciting look at OU football and so much more!

badger
8/14/2008, 10:03 AM
I have a request - Greg Pruitt.

PLEASE get him to Norman for an autograph session this year? I will buy another subscription just to get his autograph :D

olevetonahill
8/14/2008, 10:09 AM
Jay
I mentioned this a Long time ago.But Maybe You can do it Now .
How about a Binder , Folder of some sort to Keep Our Issues In.
Ya Now By Seasons .
Im sure we all would would agree to a Fair Price.
as It is My are stacked up under the coffee Table.
Thanks If Ya can swing it .
Howard

boomersoonr7xchamps
8/14/2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate it.

We are definitely excited about the new season and all the upcoming pregame festivities on Campus Corner. Again this season, we will be set up across from the Apothem and we'll have former OU players autographing before every home game. Stay tuned for the list of guests.

Also, our next big issue is just around the corner. It is scheduled to hit the streets on Aug. 21, so get ready for another exciting look at OU football and so much more!

Can't wait to see the list, Jay! In addition to Greg Pruitt, what about Derrick Strait, Brandon Everage, Rocky Calmus, Torrance Marshall, Jason White, or Paul Thompson? I really enjoyed seeing JD Roberts last year, and Steve Owens was a HUGE AND UNFORGETTABLE GUEST for my son's first OU game. Thanks for all SS does for OU football. You guys are the best! Thank you!

Jay C. Upchurch
8/15/2008, 03:43 PM
Sooner fans,

Our new on-line store is now up and running, along with our on-line subscription page.... check it out! And don't forget to sign up for the best Sooner magazine on the market!

http://www.soonerspectator.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=43

badger
8/15/2008, 05:30 PM
Sooner fans,

Our new on-line store is now up and running, along with our on-line subscription page.... check it out! And don't forget to sign up for the best Sooner magazine on the market!

http://www.soonerspectator.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=43

lol... want us to write a review of a one-year subscription there? :D

nativesooner
8/15/2008, 11:25 PM
lol! I'm a little "old school" so I'd like to put in a request for the Bryan brothers! I'd gladly pay for those two! BTW, I love the new mag too!

StoopTroup
8/26/2008, 08:03 PM
Just got my....

GO TIME !

Thanks Jay.

Read the article on Sam this morning. Very Good.

Tell Barry to get a haircut! :D ;)

jrfootballou
8/27/2008, 02:16 PM
jlew1818 you feeling the new sooner spectator? i'm loving it!

StoopTroup
8/29/2008, 07:03 PM
I read the article on Brody Eldridge today.

Top Notch.