PDA

View Full Version : Swamps, rednecks, and wine

Tulsa_Fireman
5/30/2008, 10:05 AM
I was making a pass through my local liquor store yesterday to grab up a bottle of wine for my lovely right hand gal and noticed something that had me cracking up. I got a question after I throw down a quick story.

The Deep Fork River. Used to fish it on a regular basis as a kid, as did my old man and his old man. We'd hit that thing from just about anywhere and everywhere, but none more frequent than just north of Sparks, Oklahoma, from either up under the bridge, or a bunch of backwater swamps around the area (North of Meeker if memory serves. They filled 'em in. Bastards.). On one trip, and this is gospel truth, we're off out of the way on the side of the road at the bridge just north of Sparks getting ready when a guy in a Chevy truck drives by real slow, him and his friend. Older guy. Scruffy. He stops, still in the truck, asks my old man if we're having any luck, and as was expected, us boys stayed by the truck, got our tackle and whatnot in a pile, and kept our mouths shut as Dad had a quick, quiet conversation. He came back to inform us that in that short minute or so, the driver of said truck asked him what he thought of his new cigarette lighter, a plastic contraption in the shape of a penis. Needless to say, the old man ended the conversation gracefully, waved, and gathered his boys up and got the hell out of Dodge. Or at least we went elsewhere to do our fishing that day.

Back to the liquor store. Sitting there as plain as day, was a selection of the Sparks Vineyard's finest, including apparently their flagship red, 'Deep Fork Red'. Instantly my mind went to plastic penis lighters, KKK grafitti on bridges, and old black men catching carp on balls of cornflakes and strawberry pop. Which leads to my question...

Anyone tried it? Is it any good?

And is it wrong for me to laugh out loud in the liquor store like an idiot and wonder why their bottle isn't shaped like a penis? Like apparently the lighters they sell in Sparks, Oklahoma?

picasso
5/30/2008, 11:49 AM
tried what, penis lighters? that's a question for Howzie Poo.

OKLA21FAN
5/30/2008, 11:59 AM
http://www.fearthegooberzilla.com/pics/deliverance03.JPG

olevetonahill
5/30/2008, 12:35 PM
I did NOT !

sooner n houston
5/30/2008, 02:09 PM
Posting drunk again are we???

:D

Animal Mother
5/30/2008, 04:12 PM
Only if he's sleeping.

BudSooner
5/30/2008, 05:20 PM
Heh, any of you yahoos ever watched a movie called Southern Comfort...it's worth watching.
Some parts of the movie at least to me made Deliverance seem tame by comparison.....not the inbred part but others.

It was supposed to take place in Louisianna, with I think the national guard in training. Great movie, Keith Carradine and Powers Booth.

picasso
5/30/2008, 05:24 PM
yep, I recall that movie. one dude walks into a Rambo trap. oy.

BudSooner
5/30/2008, 05:32 PM
yep, I recall that movie. one dude walks into a Rambo trap. oy.

Pungi stick trap right? First time I watched that as a kid, I about blew chunks...KEIL 'IM!!!