PDA

View Full Version : Heading out to play golf...

Pages : [1] 2

sooneron
5/30/2008, 08:15 AM
This place is pricey (IMO), it better be worth it.

http://www.emersongolfcourse.com/

OU4LIFE
5/30/2008, 08:23 AM
please don't bore us with your non-Hole-In-One stories.

King Crimson
5/30/2008, 08:28 AM
pic on the homepage looks really like a really flat piece of land.

don't 3 putt for bogey.

OU4LIFE
5/30/2008, 08:57 AM
pic on the homepage looks really like a really flat piece of land really.

don't really 3 putt for bogey.

fixed. :D

King Crimson
5/30/2008, 09:08 AM
fixed. :D

i'm trying to keep it real, really.

sooneron
5/30/2008, 09:03 PM
Gawd, I sucked out there. I think there's something in my head that clicks when I hand over more than a 50 for a round of golf. I looked as if I took the sport up two weeks ago. PATHETIc.

I couldn't even go ballistic on myself for the poor play, that's how bad I was. It was a nice track and they are offering a good deal on memberships - $1950 for a year of M-F golf with a few winter months off (of course). The greens were true and putting was about all that I did well today. For some reason, I decided that hitting the ball on my heels was a good thing to try today. Nothing good came of it. Obviously. And yes, that place is really flat. Hawt cart girls made me wish I wasn't dropping 30K next month on basement reno so I could get a membership there. It's tough to feel like your playing a well thought out course when there is little to NO undulation. The fairways were nice and crab grass free (as they should be for 75 bucks walking). Beautiful day, but I just plain sucked. I shot about 10-12 OVER my avg.

OU-HSV
5/30/2008, 09:24 PM
Gawd, I sucked out there. I think there's something in my head that clicks when I hand over more than a 50 for a round of golf. I looked as if I took the sport up two weeks ago. PATHETIc.

I couldn't even go ballistic on myself for the poor play, that's how bad I was. It was a nice track and they are offering a good deal on memberships - $1950 for a year of M-F golf with a few winter months off (of course). The greens were true and putting was about all that I did well today. For some reason, I decided that hitting the ball on my heels was a good thing to try today. Nothing good came of it. Obviously. And yes, that place is really flat. Hawt cart girls made me wish I wasn't dropping 30K next month on basement reno so I could get a membership there. It's tough to feel like your playing a well thought out course when there is little to NO undulation. The fairways were nice and crab grass free (as they should be for 75 bucks walking). Beautiful day, but I just plain sucked. I shot about 10-12 OVER my avg.

Don't be too hard on yourself. I dropped 34 bucks at Southlakes today...and the last 2 Fridays now, I've shot 14+ over my average. I'm constantly enhancing the suckage of my golf game every time I go play this year. I can't figure out wtf I'm doing wrong either. I've never struggled this much to try to score what my average is. AND I simply can't score lower than I have been. :mad:

sooneron
5/30/2008, 09:26 PM
Don't be too hard on yourself. I dropped 34 bucks at Southlakes today...and the last 2 Fridays now, I've shot 14+ over my average. I'm constantly enhancing the suckage of my golf game every time I go play this year. I can't figure out wtf I'm doing wrong either. I've never struggled this much to try to score what my average is. AND I simply can't score lower than I have been. :mad:

I'm hoping that today was "that" round. I will find out next week when I play a sweet little track up by the Teutel's (sp?) of American Chopper fame.

OU-HSV
5/30/2008, 09:26 PM
http://www.southlakesgolf.com/golf/proto/southlakesgolf/index.htm

OU-HSV
5/30/2008, 09:29 PM
I'm hoping that today was "that" round. I will find out next week when I play a sweet little track up by the Teutel's (sp?) of American Chopper fame.

In your case, I hope that was "that round" you speak of.
In my case, I wonder when I can stop saying "I hope today was just 'that round' for me". I guess I may need to crank it up a level and make it plural. I mean 3 in a row of "that round"...must really mean 'those rounds'.

King Crimson
5/30/2008, 09:30 PM
free range balls for 1950?

that's key.

sooneron
5/30/2008, 09:33 PM
free range balls for 1950?

that's key.

Meh, the range was "irons only". I am sure members get free ones with some occasional gratuity.

King Crimson
5/30/2008, 09:38 PM
so the range is only about 220 yards long. that's weak. sure, land is a premium where you live......but, hell.

unlimited range balls would be the first thing i'd check. here, i'll give someone some new sig material: I could hit balls for hours. that's how you learn. practice routine is how it goes. it ain't reading mags about hitting stinger 3 irons. and practicing short game which generally free.

sooneron
5/30/2008, 09:43 PM
Acccording to the site, range balls are a whopping 25% off for members. That is weak, but the break even point, imo for the green fees would be about 35 rounds during the week over the course of about 9 months.

Like I said, UNFORTUNATELY, we are starting the work on the basement (expanding the Sooner Lounge and adding a bathroom) next month, so the point is moot this year anywho.

Newbomb Turk
5/30/2008, 09:44 PM
nice course. looks like it has some trees.

sooneron
5/30/2008, 09:47 PM
Trees are in abundance fo sho.

Newbomb Turk
5/30/2008, 09:49 PM
Trees are in a abundance fo sho.

King Crimson loves him some tree lined fairways.

King Crimson
5/30/2008, 09:52 PM
i'm gonna do this just for you Newcomb.

King Crimson
5/30/2008, 09:54 PM
http://www.scotlandtoursandgolf.co.uk/images/clip_image028.jpg

sooneron
5/30/2008, 09:55 PM
And aaaawaaaaaaay we go!

Newbomb Turk
5/30/2008, 10:05 PM
http://www.mbfarviewfarm.com/images/Dairy-Goats/Dairy-Goats-Pasture-1.jpg (http://www.mbfarviewfarm.com/images/Dairy-Goats/Dairy-Goats-Pasture-1.jpg)

Newbomb Turk
5/30/2008, 10:06 PM
sorry to jack your thread, ron.

:O

sooneron
5/30/2008, 10:09 PM
Nah, that's fine, but you are misguided. I believe that KC doesn't mind a tree lined course of the old school Americana. I think he takes offense at the drooling hordes that overlook the traditional links courses upon which the sport was born for the over watered cookie cutter courses that dot the landscape.

King Crimson
5/30/2008, 10:20 PM
target golf all the way. i pop a boner when i see some country club hero spin the ball. that guy has some serious machismo. or make a hole in one from 186 yards slightly into the wind, with a 6 iron.

and when some guy on the PGA goes 25 under, i call that great golf.

or arena football

Newbomb Turk
5/30/2008, 10:22 PM
see, now you're getting it.

King Crimson
5/30/2008, 10:23 PM
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/images/Brora%20Sheep.jpg

see, now, this actually the famous image that Turk loves so much. and it IS from a golf course. Brora in Scotland.

OU-HSV
5/30/2008, 10:25 PM
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/images/Brora%20Sheep.jpg

see, now, this actually the famous image that Turk loves so much. and it IS from a golf course. Brora in Scotland.

I bet I can hit a golf ball over them mountains

Newbomb Turk
5/30/2008, 10:30 PM
good job ron. now you got KC all fired up.

King Crimson
5/30/2008, 10:38 PM
I want to hear about how you broke 80 at the Old Course, with only playing about 4 rounds in the last 5 years

see, i make double on 3 and the Road hole. but birdie 6, 10, 11, and 18 with a lot of people watching. I also 3 putt 1 for bogey after hitting it in regulation (there's a reason you pay for a caddy).

i stick a 9 iron on 18 about 8 feet. i almost passed out when i drained it.

Newbomb Turk
5/30/2008, 10:41 PM
well done, KC. :D

King Crimson
5/30/2008, 10:42 PM
actually i make about a 12 footer for double on the Road Hole, #17.

King Crimson
5/30/2008, 10:55 PM
http://www.discountgolfclubs.us/st-andrews-700.jpg

Newbomb Turk
5/30/2008, 10:59 PM
Is that where they play croquet?

King Crimson
5/30/2008, 11:10 PM
Is that where they play croquet?

hell if i know, but teeing off there just left of the pic* and damn near passing out holing a 10 footer on 18 just right of there alone makes me: 1. worthy of sticking it to you on links golf and 2. a hero of mammoth proportions. trees, suck.

*never been more nervous in my whole life. kind of a pop up drive, but i was happy to walk away.

sooneron
5/31/2008, 10:45 AM
Newbomb = moran

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 10:49 AM
Newbomb = moran

Turk is alright; he's just ****ing with me, he thinks.

he thinks Augusta National is heaven golf #1 but can't admit it was originally designed to play like the Old Course (where i make birdie on 18 after crossing the Swilcan Bridge).

http://golf.visitscotland.com/repositories/images/headers/384144

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 11:23 AM
and i know that Turk has a thing for Trev Alberts.

Newbomb Turk
5/31/2008, 11:54 AM
and Rachael Ray.

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 12:03 PM
and Rachael Ray.

RR is a terrorist and sends secret messages to Al Quaeda.

it's a fact.

sooneron
5/31/2008, 04:29 PM
RR is a terrorist and sends secret messages to Al Quaeda.

it's a fact.

I hear she is in cahoots with Obama's muslim racist preacher.

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 04:35 PM
I hear she is in cahoots with Obama's muslim racist preacher.

according to Pew, 1 in 10 Americans believe that Barack Obama is a Muslim.

it's just the way things are i guess that i have to defend Rachel ****ing Ray, after all this time of slamming her.

her line of gourmet Triscuits give me wood.

r5TPsooner
5/31/2008, 04:37 PM
I don't care if it's Pebble Beach or The Old Course, a bad day golfing beats a good day working ANYDAY!

Quite frankly once you play The Old Course a time or two, it starts to lose its charm.

Give me Beth Page Black or any of the Idaho courses in Coeur d'Alene any day over the links style courses in Europe with exception to those in the Highlands which are just a blast to play.

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 04:42 PM
Quite frankly once you play The Old Course a time or two, it starts to lose its charm.

that's pretty much the opposite of what most of golf's best players say; but, i'll defer to you.

r5TPsooner
5/31/2008, 04:44 PM
that's pretty much the opposite of what most of golf's best players say; but, i'll defer to you.

That's probably because they're not spending there own money to pay and play it. Not to mention the cost for hotel and airfare which is like nothing to a millionaire on the PGA.

r5TPsooner
5/31/2008, 04:47 PM
In terms of natural beauty and golf, here is where I plan to go on vacation next year.

http://www.cdaresort.com/

Newbomb Turk
5/31/2008, 04:52 PM
KC - you could learn a thing or two from r5 and me.

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 04:54 PM
That's probably because they're not spending there own money to pay and play it. Not to mention the cost for hotel and airfare which is like nothing to a millionaire on the PGA.

you have to be kidding me.

this is the best you can do? you think it's cheap to play Pebble or Whistling Straits or get on Winged Foot? How many times have you played Gallardia or Southern Hills? Hell, if you are a resident of St. Andrews you play all the courses for about 200$ a year. A year membership to both courses at Carnoustie is about 800$ (US) a year. unlimited play.

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 04:56 PM
KC - you could learn a thing or two from r5 and me.

no doubt about that.

Newbomb Turk
5/31/2008, 04:57 PM
ron is such a bastard for starting this thread and getting KC all fired up. :D

Newbomb Turk
5/31/2008, 04:59 PM
Hell, if you are a resident of St. Andrews you play all the courses for about 200$ a year.

FYI - r5 isn't a resident of St. Andrews.

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 05:01 PM
ron is such a bastard for starting this thread and getting KC all fired up. :D

try and push it off on sooneron again.

i ain't gonna bite.

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 05:02 PM
FYI - r5 isn't a resident of St. Andrews.

nor is he a resident of Oak Tree or a member at Oakmont.

r5TPsooner
5/31/2008, 05:03 PM
you have to be kidding me.

this is the best you can do? you think it's cheap to play Pebble or Whistling Straits or get on Winged Foot? How many times have you played Gallardia or Southern Hills? Hell, if you are a resident of St. Andrews you play all the courses for about 200$ a year. A year membership to both courses at Carnoustie is about 800$ (US) a year. unlimited play.

Why fly overseas to play golf when you can do the same in the USA? Like I said, The Old Course is overrated in so many ways and the people are about as snobby as they come at the course itself which at times looks like a goat pasture. The food sucks and the weather sucks too. The best part was the beer which was pretty damned good although a little warm for my tastes.

Personally, I don't like to be on a plane for 12-18 hours especially when I can leave OKC on a red eye and be on Pebble Beach by 2pm. Quite frankly, links style golf blows and I mean that literally. The only course that I've played over there that I'd personally play again is the K-Club. Probably because it's a resort style course that doesn't look like a goat has been walking the fairway.

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 05:08 PM
Why fly overseas to play golf when you can do the same in the USA? Like I said, The Old Course is overrated in so many ways and the people are about as snobby as they come at the course itself which at times looks like a goat pasture. The food sucks and the weather sucks too. The best part was the beer which was pretty damned good although a little warm for my tastes.

Personally, I don't like to be on a plane for 12-18 hours especially when I can leave OKC on a red eye and be on Pebble Beach by 2pm. Quite frankly, links style golf blows and I mean that literally. The only course that I've played over there that I'd personally play again is the K-Club. Probably because it's a resort style course that doesn't look like a goat has been walking the fairway.

the K Club. you don't disappoint, i'll give you that.

"resort style course".

Newbomb Turk
5/31/2008, 05:09 PM
being poor has it's advantages. I don't have to worry about comparing Pebble to The Old Course.

Clever Trevor
5/31/2008, 09:44 PM
and i know that Turk has a thing for Trev Alberts.

Don't even get him started on his man-crush!:texan:

Newbomb Turk
5/31/2008, 09:45 PM
:D

that took about a day longer than I thought it would.

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 09:49 PM
hahaha

Clever Trevor
5/31/2008, 09:53 PM
I'd like to say thanks for the spek as some of the fball board noobs attempted to dent my armor last season.

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 09:55 PM
I'd like to say thanks for the spek as some of the fball board noobs attempted to dent my armor last season.

those morons don't get the canny, almost counter-intuitive insight a true student of the game like you can bring.

Clever Trevor
5/31/2008, 09:59 PM
http://www.discountgolfclubs.us/st-andrews-700.jpg

This closely resembles my manse in East Hartford, which I am still trying to unload. ****ing Lou Holtz!

Newbomb Turk
5/31/2008, 10:00 PM

un-dentable.

Newbomb Turk
5/31/2008, 10:01 PM
This closely resembles my manse in East Hartford, which I am still trying to unload. ****ing Lou Holtz!

looks like a great place to play croquet.

Clever Trevor
5/31/2008, 10:04 PM
looks like a great place to play croquet.

The only thing that place is missing is my altar made of shale.

Mjcpr
5/31/2008, 10:06 PM
I played Battle Creek today. I think it is comparable to a links course except that it's nicer and I saw not a single goat. And the houses were nicer. And they had Bud Light. And, when there was music, it was mainstream and none of that weird-*** ****. And Rachel Ray was on the TV.

Clever Trevor
5/31/2008, 10:08 PM
I played Battle Creek today. I think it is comparable to a links course except that it's nicer and I saw not a single goat. And the houses were nicer. And they had Bud Light. And, when there was music, it was mainstream and none of that weird-*** ****. And Rachel Ray was on the TV.

Bud Light? Do you pop your collar when you drink it?

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 10:09 PM
The only thing that place is missing is my altar made of shale.

if you look closely, i think it's mounted on the roof.

Newbomb Turk
5/31/2008, 10:10 PM

post of the year candidate. :D

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 10:10 PM
junk inna trunk, my girl double R.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/e4d8815529.jpg

Clever Trevor
5/31/2008, 10:11 PM
if you look closely, i think it's mounted on the roof.

The only problem is that they have a hard time seeing if the moon is full. Ya need that when commencing at the altar of Trev.

Clever Trevor
5/31/2008, 10:12 PM
junk inna trunk, my girl double R.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/e4d8815529.jpg

That azz is courtesy of

K

R

A

F

T!!!!:D

Newbomb Turk
5/31/2008, 10:13 PM
I'd hit that with my cheese log.

sooneron
5/31/2008, 10:15 PM
I'd hit that with my cheese log.

Be sure to ball gag her. That voice = nails on chalkboard.

Newbomb Turk
5/31/2008, 10:16 PM
Be sure to ball gag her. That voice = nails on chalkboard.

done. extra large ball for that mouf.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/31/2008, 10:17 PM
I don't think that'll be a problem.

Oh wait, a RUBBER ball.

I get it. Yeah.

sooneron
5/31/2008, 10:17 PM
Actually, the place where I played yesterday would have been better served as a links course. If I were re-designing it, that is what I would do. It's sorta lame as a "forest" course or whatever you want to call it.

sooneron
5/31/2008, 10:20 PM
Oh, I do get to play Bethpage next month.

red course:O

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 10:21 PM
if you want links in the US, Ballyneal, Sand Hills, and even Apache Stronghold are the places to go.

and the Oregon courses at Pacific Dunes and Bandon, too.

and the place out on Long Island where Corey Pavin and Goosen won the US Open...i've having a beer aided moment....can't think of the name.

sooneron
5/31/2008, 10:23 PM
Give me Beth Page Black or any of the Idaho courses in Coeur d'Alene any day over the links style courses in Europe with exception to those in the Highlands which are just a blast to play.

Oh, by the by, a LOT of Bethpage Black resembles links more than a traditional American course. FYI. Tillinghast did design it.

http://www.forbestraveler.com/media/photos/inspirations/2006/09/06091808_02_g.jpg

I made bogey on this hole. :D

Newbomb Turk
5/31/2008, 10:24 PM
and the place out on Long Island where Corey Pavin and Goosen won the US Open...i've having a beer aided moment....can't think of the name.

Shinnecock.

I do kinda like the looks of that course.

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 10:26 PM
Shinnecock.

I do kinda like the looks of that course.

thank you.

Sand Hills

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/images/SH1&2.jpg

sooneron
5/31/2008, 10:27 PM
Shinnecock is beeeeeautiful. I'll wave to it as we drive by it next Thursday! :D

Ooh, I need to talk the wife into letting me get a round in at Montauk Downs! AWESOME!

http://www.montaukdowns.org/

Newbomb Turk
5/31/2008, 10:27 PM
that looks like ****.

edit: that sand hills thing KC posted.

sooneron
5/31/2008, 10:30 PM
LI probably has the best collection of links tracks in the US.

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 10:30 PM
that looks like ****.

edit: that sand hills thing KC posted.

i'm not for censorship, but when did 4 asterix denote "totally kickass"?

Newbomb Turk
5/31/2008, 10:32 PM
i'm not for censorship, but when did 4 asterix denote "totally kickass"?

um, since never. :D

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 10:33 PM

i don't know, i think now all the new shizz is in western Nebraska and the Oregon coast.

but you are right to point out that a lot of the old Yankee blue blood country clubs are linksy style more than the parkland style.

Newbomb Turk
5/31/2008, 10:34 PM

i don't know, i think now all the new shizz is in western Nebraska

I rest my case.

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 10:39 PM
I rest my ****.

:texan:

sooneron
5/31/2008, 10:42 PM
Awesome course...

http://www.longislandnationalgc.com/golf.cfm

Fun to play...

http://www.lidogolf.com/

nuther fun one...

http://www.linksatshirley.com/champcourse.php

sooneron
5/31/2008, 10:47 PM
I will have to take a pass on W Nebbish, but I would looooove to play Bandon.

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 11:02 PM
I will have to take a pass on W Nebbish, but I would looooove to play Bandon.

naw, there's some real golf being built out there. sure Oregon is sexier, but hey. i'm not joking around....Eastern Colorado too. that's where the new stuff is happening. Tom Doak and Coore/Crenshaw all have projects in the sand hills. and those are the design names these days.

However, i've never heard anybody say anything bad about Bandon or Pacific Dunes. my Dad talked about it for months.

edit: btw, Coore and Crenshaw are HUGE Perry Maxwell fans.

sooneron
5/31/2008, 11:03 PM
naw, there's some real golf being built out there. sure Oregon is sexier, but hey. i'm not joking around....Eastern Colorado too. that's where the new stuff is happening. Tom Doak and Coore/Crenshaw all have projects in the sand hills. and those are the design names these days.

However, i've never heard anybody say anything bad about Bandon or Pacific Dunes. my Dad talked about it for months.

Coore/Crenshaw designed E Hampton - ritzy $$$

Newbomb Turk
5/31/2008, 11:04 PM
somebody finally found some use for western Neb and eastern Colorado.

royalfan5
5/31/2008, 11:22 PM
somebody finally found some use for western Neb and eastern Colorado.
Something besides missile silos anyway.

sooneron
5/31/2008, 11:29 PM
KC and Turk should enjoy this- very well written...
http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/sports/features/12549/

King Crimson
5/31/2008, 11:34 PM
KC and Turk should enjoy this- very well written...
http://nymag.com/nymetro/news/sports/features/12549/

OK, that's like 5 pages long. it will have to wait until tomorrow.

Maidstone was a staple in the early days of the Golf Digest Top 100 when i was kid.

sooneron
6/1/2008, 09:36 PM
Wife told me no go for golf out in Montauk as we are not going to be there for long (thurs-Sat)and our calendar is full while there. :(

I will definitely hit MTK Downs and LI National later in the summer. Will take pics to share. Maybe I'll grab a shot of Shinnecock as I drive past on 27 this thurs.

r5TPsooner
6/2/2008, 12:24 AM
http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/course.asp?course=416845

My older sister lives 30 minutes from this one and it will be a must play before the season is over.

Then while I'm there, I'll play this little gem.

http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/course.asp?course=2021556

Finally, just when my surgically back thinks that it's had enuff, I get one more round in here before heading home and popping some Vicoprofen.

http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/course.asp?course=2022456

OU4LIFE
6/2/2008, 07:23 AM
target golf all the way. i pop a boner when i see some country club hero spin the ball. that guy has some serious machismo. or make a hole in one from 186 yards slightly into the wind, with a 6 iron.

or arena football

pffft, Like I couldn't have done that on a links course...there's no tree's on that hole. *sigh* and here I usually always take your side in these arguments....;)

OU4LIFE
6/2/2008, 07:32 AM
http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/course.asp?course=416845

My older sister lives 30 minutes from this one and it will be a must play before the season is over.

Then while I'm there, I'll play this little gem.

http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/course.asp?course=2021556

Finally, just when my surgically back thinks that it's had enuff, I get one more round in here before heading home and popping some Vicoprofen.

http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses/course.asp?course=2022456

If you can get on Prairie Dunes, you will love it. One of the best times I've ever had playing there. AND it rained on us part of the time. The 10th is nasty and "The Chute" is just plain fun to look at. Great place, short by todays standards, but proof that you can still have a great golf course that's not 7,200 yards long.

r5TPsooner
6/2/2008, 07:57 AM
If you can get on Prairie Dunes, you will love it. One of the best times I've ever had playing there. AND it rained on us part of the time. The 10th is nasty and "The Chute" is just plain fun to look at. Great place, short by todays standards, but proof that you can still have a great golf course that's not 7,200 yards long.

I agree, there's is more to a good round of golf other than bomb and gouge. Strategy, accuracy, and imagination look to be the most important factors when playing Prairie Dunes.

sooneron
6/2/2008, 09:02 AM
I agree, there's is more to a good round of golf other than bomb and gouge. Strategy, accuracy, and imagination look to be the most important factors when playing Prairie Dunes.

I concur. I don't feel like I've played a round unless I've used every club in the bag.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2008, 09:11 AM
Did I ever tell you guys about the time 4Life hit a hole-in-one?

sooneron
6/2/2008, 09:14 AM

This story sounds familiar. Not sure...

:gary:

OU4LIFE
6/2/2008, 10:36 AM

go on....

SoonerAcesUp
6/2/2008, 11:28 AM

Is Prairie Dunes private or public?

OU4LIFE
6/2/2008, 11:30 AM
quite private.

SoonerAcesUp
6/2/2008, 11:50 AM
quite private.

How did you get so lucky to play it?

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2008, 11:55 AM
It was a beautiful sunny summer day...4LIFE was on the 17th tee....

King Crimson
6/2/2008, 11:57 AM
It was a beautiful sunny summer day...4LIFE was on the 17th tee....

pristine sunlight filtered through the vault of the heavens as if through crystal and angels began to sing in a low, harmonious and reverent tone....:D

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2008, 12:03 PM
yes king...yes it was

the wind was a little out of the south....the hole was playing 186 yards...

sooneron
6/2/2008, 12:04 PM
6 iron?

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2008, 12:05 PM
He was in between clubs, and since the pin was on the front, he decided to go with the 6 iron...

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2008, 12:05 PM
4LIFE got set up, aiming a little right of the flag, hoping to draw it back a little...

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2008, 12:07 PM
He made a decent swing at it...and he thought to himself 'this could be close'...

stoops the eternal pimp
He couldn't really see how close it was from the tee box, but it looked like it hit very close.....

sooneron
http://www.roland.lib.ia.us/images/storytimephoto/image_preview

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2008, 12:08 PM
He got down to the green....no golf ball...4LIFE could see the divot about two inches left and behind the flag, and thought it went over the green.

sooneron
6/2/2008, 12:10 PM
http://www.darienlibrary.org/connections/children/archive/storytime-photo-web.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2008, 12:12 PM
but he gest to the flag and there she sits...nestled in the bottom of the cup.

High fives all around, there was much rejoicing. Angels sang.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2008, 12:12 PM
the end.

sooneron
6/2/2008, 12:13 PM
[clap clap clap clap!]

I'm surprised it took 4 pages for it to happen.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2008, 12:22 PM
Well I think there is a lot of people jealous of 4LIFE on this board and they choose to ignore his tale of greatness

OU4LIFE
6/2/2008, 12:24 PM
How did you get so lucky to play it?

an old friend worked for the general manager of the club...got us on.

OU4LIFE
6/2/2008, 12:26 PM
Well I think there is a lot of people jealous of 4LIFE on this board and they choose to ignore his tale of greatness

best story evar.

the HIO part, not the how great I am part. That's no story. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2008, 12:30 PM
I m ready to tell it on the drop of a dime in case anybody needs to hear it

OU4LIFE
6/2/2008, 12:32 PM
*fist pump* YES!

stoops the eternal pimp
6/2/2008, 12:33 PM
Angels sang.

Edit: This part of the tale has not been confirmed..I was just speculating

sooneron
6/2/2008, 03:44 PM
Alright, playing tomorrow. I hope Friday's round was just "that round". If my case of the yanks persists, I am quiting.

sooneron
6/2/2008, 03:47 PM
One question, what is a bogey rating?

Tulsa_Fireman
6/2/2008, 03:50 PM

It's the number of radar contacts Goose tells Maverick about.

OU4LIFE
6/3/2008, 06:58 AM

USGA Bogey Course Rating is an evaluation of the difficulty of a golf course for bogey golfers, and is part of the course rating process. It is not a number that most golfers ever hear, but rather is used in calculating the slope rating. The bogey rating is expressed in strokes (as is the course rating), then is plugged into a formula that produces slope rating.

sooneron
6/3/2008, 02:37 PM
USGA Bogey Course Rating is an evaluation of the difficulty of a golf course for bogey golfers, and is part of the course rating process. It is not a number that most golfers ever hear, but rather is used in calculating the slope rating. The bogey rating is expressed in strokes (as is the course rating), then is plugged into a formula that produces slope rating.

Thanks, the definition that I read was much more jumbled.

MUCH better today out there. Shot a pair of 45s. Putting was en fuego. My driver still sucks.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/3/2008, 07:39 PM
I'd donate a testicle to shoot 45s.

sooneron
6/3/2008, 09:59 PM
FIVE one putts!

sooneron
6/3/2008, 10:13 PM
Twas a beaut of a day out there...

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1535/0603081337aie7.jpg

OU4LIFE
6/4/2008, 08:23 AM
nice job ron.

it was windy last night, we played an 18 hole par three in mens league. No hole in ones. I shot a 56, and got beat by handicap. dammit.

Cam
6/4/2008, 09:20 PM

Do not play in Phoenix during the winter months then.

sooneron
9/25/2008, 02:40 PM
Played the Downs in Montauk last week. Still can't hit out of the box well. This year was washout for me.
I did however sink only 13 putts on the front nine. I think it was 16 on the back. the greens were fast too- not typical muni greens.

And green fees were over 50 smackers, of course.

Clever Trevor
9/25/2008, 02:43 PM
I don't even want to talk about the round at bethpage black.

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 09:11 PM
I did however sink only 13 putts on the front nine. I think it was 16 on the back.

29 hole course?

;)

sooneron
9/26/2008, 10:33 PM
29 hole course?

;)

whore

I missed you...

I mean it...

you're a whore

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 10:36 PM
I miss you and Trev.

sooneron
9/26/2008, 10:38 PM
below me

sooneron
9/26/2008, 10:40 PM
Dude, I'm super serial here. That course is badazzz!!!

Was once rated top 50 of courses you can play or public courses or whatever.

http://www.montaukdowns.org/

If they ever let you near the Hamptons...

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 10:42 PM
I am not good or rich enough to play stuff like that.

I would like to give a real course a go someday though.

sooneron
9/26/2008, 10:45 PM
I am not good or rich enough to play stuff like that.

I would like to give a real course a go someday though.

It's great out there... golf one day- go sharkin' or for tuna the next. Plus, it is somewhat affordable compared to the rest of the area. I'm not good enough these days, either.:O

Fugging slope there is 136 for the whites.

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 10:47 PM
Fugging slope there is 136 for the whites.

how about for the mexicans and african americans?

King Crimson
9/26/2008, 10:48 PM
don't listen to Newcomb. he's a member at Carnoustie and flies over a couple times a year.

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 10:53 PM
don't listen to Newcomb. he's a member at Carnoustie and flies over a couple times a year.

and that's a bad year.

sooneron
9/26/2008, 10:55 PM
how about for the mexicans and african americans?

I knew that was a hanging curve when I typed it.:texan:

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 10:56 PM
I knew that was a hanging curve when I typed it.:texan:

yard - I took it.

sooneron
9/26/2008, 10:56 PM

http://www.usopen.org/images/pics_history/large/b_johnnewcombe.jpg:confused:

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 11:00 PM
I miss the golden years of tennis.

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:01 PM
I miss the days when Jonny MIller played golf and kept his trap shut.

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 11:02 PM
I miss the days when Jonny MIller played golf and kept his trap shut.

lol - no ****. :D

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:02 PM
Some chicken skin is almost showing! :eek:

http://www.hablemosdetenis.com/media/2/20070826-bjorn_borg.jpg

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:04 PM
http://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/Editorial/40_Greatest_Players/2006_04_18_stan_smith.jpg

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:04 PM
heh

http://www.tennis.com/uploadedImages/Editorial/40_Greatest_Players/2006_04_19_tracy_austin.jpg

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:05 PM
heh, I had this...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1029/538262073_8672119bd2.jpg?v=1181452040

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:07 PM
Always wanted this...

http://www.retroracquets.com/Images/borg-3-med.jpg

King Crimson
9/26/2008, 11:08 PM
Always wanted this...

http://www.retroracquets.com/Images/borg-3-med.jpg

i know someone who had that raquet at NHS.

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:08 PM
Also had this...

http://i9.tinypic.com/4hk2d86.jpg

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:09 PM
i know someone who had that raquet at NHS.

Fentriss?

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 11:10 PM
I thought I was a bad *** when I got a black max

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5803/thriftstorefindao9.jpg

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:10 PM
Nice strings. Babolat?

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:12 PM
My first racket... sniff

http://www.80s-tennis.com/images/oct07/bancroft-borg.jpg

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 11:14 PM
my first raquet was some cheap Wilson Jimmy Connors thing.

King Crimson
9/26/2008, 11:14 PM
Fentriss?

judging by this statement, i'm gonna go with maybe not the same club but mos def a Donnay that looked like that.

not Fentriss. did he play anywhere in college, surely he did?

King Crimson
9/26/2008, 11:16 PM
i had a Pancho Sanchez by Spaulding, always a friend of the working man and underprivleged. that was my approach to tennis. an elitist sport that kept the working man down.

but, never with golf clubs.

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:16 PM
I had the one on the bottom too-

http://www.80s-tennis.com/images/rossignol/ads/f200_81_2.jpg

Yeah, Fentriss did play in college at OU. I think he bounced around and ended up teaching down in the Caribbean for a while. I forgot where he is now. All I know is that he is married and it's not to Tiller!
heh

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 11:18 PM
i had a Pancho Sanchez by Spaulding

any relation to Pancho Gonzales?

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 11:19 PM
good job guys.

we have further fagged up a golf thread.

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:20 PM
It was my thread to fug up.

I think Fentriss was a Prince or Wilson playa.

King Crimson
9/26/2008, 11:20 PM
I had the one on the bottom too-

http://www.80s-tennis.com/images/rossignol/ads/f200_81_2.jpg

Yeah, Fentriss did play in college at OU. I think he bounced around and ended up teaching down in the Caribbean for a while. I forgot where he is now. All I know is that he is married and it's not to Tiller!
heh

Fentriss is a year older than you, right?

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:21 PM
Looking back, we didn't have a whole lot of cash, but I sure did have a lot of rackets for such an inauspicious tennis career.

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 11:21 PM
I think Fentriss was a Prince or Wilson playa.

I remember the days when the big assed Prince came out. you weren't nuthing if you didn't have one of those.

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:22 PM
Fentriss is a year older than you, right?

nope, same year. Although, he could have been old for the grade.

King Crimson
9/26/2008, 11:22 PM
any relation to Pancho Gonzales?

yeah, it was 30 years ago at Target. i'm only half the stereotyping racist that sooneron is, though. :D

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:24 PM
I remember the days when the big assed Prince came out. you weren't nuthing if you didn't have one of those.

Call me nuthin'.

The Prince Pro...

http://www.80s-tennis.com/images/prince/prince-pro.jpg
I did not have.

Jeez, I feel like I should start looking up my old bmx bikes soon.

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 11:24 PM
yeah, it was 30 years ago at Target. i'm only half the stereotyping racist that sooneron is, though. :D

good comeback. You're on your game tonight.

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:25 PM
He's a surly bastard on Fridays.

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 11:25 PM
Call me nuthin'.

The Prince Pro...

http://www.80s-tennis.com/images/prince/prince-pro.jpg
I did not have.

Jeez, I feel like I should start looking up my old bmx bikes soon.

never had a Prince. I only played tennis for fun. My GF thought her **** didn't stink though because she had one of those racquets.

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:26 PM
The Pancho Sanchez was part of the triumverate from Wilson. You had the Pro Staff Jimmy model (which was weird cuz he had the alum T2000) , the Chris Evert model, and Pancho Sanchez for the guys with the leaf blowers. ;)

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 11:28 PM
back somewhat on topic.

my newest weapon. 54 degree model.

http://www.golfsmith.com/images/ti266.jpg

King Crimson
9/26/2008, 11:29 PM
The Pancho Sanchez was part of the triumverate from Wilson. You had the Pro Staff Jimmy model (which was weird cuz he had the alum T2000) , the Chris Evert model, and Pancho Sanchez for the guys with the leaf blowers. ;)

i lose.

pancho sanchez is a great jazz player.

King Crimson
9/26/2008, 11:30 PM
back somewhat on topic.

that bad boy WILL turn a 7 into a 6.

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 11:31 PM
that bad boy WILL turn a 7 into a 6.

good thing the course I play has a bunch of par 7's.

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:33 PM
mine-

http://s3.golfballs.com/1/3882_550.jpeg
It literally takes the hide off the golf ball.

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 11:34 PM
that club is for hacks.

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:35 PM
It is bad to the bone. The first time I hit it was at the range and the ball barely bounced off the hard pan.

bad

to

the

bone

Newbomb Turk
9/26/2008, 11:36 PM
I have a 60 degree Cleveland.

I really need to remove that club from my bag.

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:38 PM
I have a 60 degree Cleveland.

I really need to remove that club from my bag.

I need to remove something, I'm carrying 15!!!:eek:

sooneron
9/26/2008, 11:40 PM
I think I saw Pancho Sanchez play at Holmberg a buncha years back. Good show.

OU4LIFE
9/29/2008, 07:36 AM
back somewhat on topic.

I didn't think they made the spin milled in a 54*

olevetonahill
9/29/2008, 07:39 AM
my first raquet was some cheap Wilson Jimmy Connors thing.

My 1st Racket was some Kinda Numbers thing :confused:

olevetonahill
9/29/2008, 07:42 AM

Real Men dont have to chase their Balls around a Cow Pasture :rolleyes:
jes sayin

OU4LIFE
9/29/2008, 08:11 AM
real men don't have to, but real men know HOW to...

just ask Sam Bradford.

olevetonahill
9/29/2008, 08:13 AM
real men don't have to, but real men know HOW to...

just ask Sam Bradford.

I saw that thingy where he was bouncing the ball off his club thingy:D
Wow hes the Man

OUthunder
9/29/2008, 09:27 AM

Trust me they don't, which really pisses me off.

OU4LIFE
9/29/2008, 09:46 AM
so, you're saying Newbomb is a LIAR.

picasso
9/29/2008, 09:55 AM
[don henley voice]it ain't no shangri-la[/henley voice]

btw hairy, played Friday and the new driver is cherry sweet. never dreamt I could hit a high fade again.

OU4LIFE
9/29/2008, 11:13 AM
you're welcome. It's what I do, Makes dreams a reality....

I posted a tidy little 73 yesterday...and with our greens the way they are, that's about as good as I could do. bastards.

Newbomb Turk
10/24/2008, 06:37 PM
Trust me they don't, which really pisses me off.

um, yes they do.

sooneron
10/24/2008, 07:13 PM
LIAR!!!! [hairGel]

King Crimson
10/24/2008, 07:15 PM
Newbomb is not a liar, he's just always wrong.

Newbomb Turk
10/24/2008, 07:25 PM
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/2830/dsc00924jh1.jpg

Newbomb Turk
10/24/2008, 07:26 PM
F all of you!

King Crimson
10/24/2008, 07:27 PM
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/2830/dsc00924jh1.jpg

that looks a lot like those old Hogan Apex wedges you'd get in the 80's. same head shape and bevel. but, like i said before, turns those 7's into 6's, eh?:texan:

Newbomb Turk
10/24/2008, 07:29 PM
I'm really quite happy with it.

now my 60 - that's the one that turns 6's into 9's

King Crimson
10/24/2008, 07:33 PM
I'm really quite happy with it.

now my 60 - that's the one that turns 6's into 9's

so this is a Jimi Hendrix thread now?

Newbomb Turk
10/24/2008, 07:34 PM
I don't guess I know that one. I'm not a Hendrix fan. :eek:

King Crimson
10/24/2008, 07:35 PM
those Hogan wedges were good clubs. my late granddad could get it up and down with one of those and his acushnet bullseye putter from under a tree/on top of the clubhouse/the hood of a car in the parking lot....whatever.

Newbomb Turk
10/24/2008, 07:38 PM
acushnet bullseye putter

I don't mind a blade putter, and I know the bullseye isn't really a blade but that bullseye is one that just never fit my eye.

King Crimson
10/24/2008, 07:46 PM
I don't mind a blade putter, and I know the bullseye isn't really a blade but that bullseye is one that just never fit my eye.

by today's post-PING Anser standards and those big *** mallet types people use...the bullseye looks fairly archaic. Mickelson still uses that Palmer style style blade but few others use anything like it.

for really fast greens or if you have really good feel (my granddad) that bullseye is pretty pure. his fave putter ever was the Spaulding Cash-in. that's another "pure" look. Mizuno makes a putter that is basically the Cash-in (TP Mills) with a flange.

sooneron
10/24/2008, 08:02 PM
MY dad still uses his Wilson 880 something.

Newbomb Turk
10/24/2008, 08:46 PM
Palmer style style blade

MY dad still uses his Wilson 880 something.

That's a good'n. It's a good "feel" putter.

OU4LIFE
10/27/2008, 07:36 AM

unfortunately with todays golf balls, there is no such thing.

you want to 'feel' something, go dig out an old tour balata 90, and take an old bullseye putter and go to the putting green. it's an awesome feeling. thne take the softest modern ball you can and see the difference.

'feel' just ain't what it used to be.

and i'm ok with that. ;)

picasso
10/27/2008, 12:36 PM
hey, a week ago yesterday I was even steven through 15 at Lafortune, Tulsa. Then we packed up and left because of incredible bottle neck.

there was a 6 some we had to report on the front. serially.

anyway, I had 4 birds, a double (3 jack over a dinosaur) and 2 bogies. not bad for no practice and no playing.

sigh. golf.

picasso
10/27/2008, 12:36 PM

you want to 'feel' something, go dig out an old tour balata 90, and take an old bullseye putter and go to the putting green. it's an awesome feeling. thne take the softest modern ball you can and see the difference.

'feel' just ain't what it used to be.

and i'm ok with that. ;)
so you're saying you're just glad to get any kind of feel?

OU4LIFE
10/27/2008, 01:01 PM
you said it.

OU4LIFE
10/27/2008, 01:02 PM
hey, a week ago yesterday I was even steven through 15 at Lafortune, Tulsa. Then we packed up and left because of incredible bottle neck.

there was a 6 some we had to report on the front. serially.

anyway, I had 4 birds, a double (3 jack over a dinosaur) and 2 bogies. not bad for no practice and no playing.

sigh. golf.

I'm sure it was the driver. well done.

Newbomb Turk
11/1/2008, 02:39 PM

agree about the golf balls, but that's not what I meant. I mean I tend to putt more by feel with a blade type putter than with a perimeter weighted, center shafted, offset whateveryoucallit type of putter. I get more mechanical with those.

sooneron
11/1/2008, 03:13 PM
agree about the golf balls, but that's not what I meant. I mean I tend to putt more by feel with a blade type putter than with a perimeter weighted, center shafted, offset whateveryoucallit type of putter. I get more mechanical with those.

:rolleyes:

Newbomb Turk
11/1/2008, 03:17 PM
don't roll your eyes at me, mister.

sooneron
11/1/2008, 03:26 PM
Oh I'll roll'em.

That's how I roll.

Newbomb Turk
11/1/2008, 03:29 PM
you are so funny, it's not even funny.

:rolleyes:

;)

sooneron
11/2/2008, 01:31 PM
That's NOT FUNNY!!! IT'S INAKERUT!!! [hairGel]

Turd_Ferguson
11/2/2008, 02:12 PM
I like to wear my golf shoes to PGA tournaments.I had a feeling you were one of those guy's.

:D:D:D

sooneron
11/2/2008, 02:45 PM
I like to wear my golf shoes to Nationwide tournaments.

fixed:texan:

Newbomb Turk
11/2/2008, 02:53 PM
I had forgotten what this thread was all about. Just went back and read most of it. Quality.

sooneron
11/3/2008, 09:07 AM
and yet, it has no stars. :(

sooneron
11/3/2008, 09:08 AM
Oh, went to the range and hit them pretty well on Friday. I may have to go out tomorrow. Nice little breeze at my back had me knocking 9 irons 150 and stiff. First time to touch the clubs in nearly two months. I was surprised that I hit pretty much everything well. EXCEPT THE DRIVER!! [hairGel]

OU4LIFE
11/3/2008, 09:17 AM
I'm not even sure what my golf clubs look like anymore.

I doubt I could break 80 right now.

Clever Trevor
2/2/2010, 04:07 PM
good times...

sooneron
2/2/2010, 04:14 PM
Suddenly, in the midst of ski season, I miss golf weather.

fadada1
2/2/2010, 11:19 PM
soon enough, my friends. soon enough.

btk108
2/2/2010, 11:27 PM
my son missed his grades last sem....so he's the *** coach at NWOSU this sem...and called practice for today with snow on the course.....yah....it didn't happen....but they're missin the green stuff

King Crimson
2/2/2010, 11:47 PM
i'll just add here that i have the full set of the "illegal" Ping Eye 2 wedges that Mickelson is "in trouble with Scott McCarron" for using....AND one of the copper-faced 60 lob wedges of the same ilk.

same ones i used in high school.

on one of the sports sites i saw a pic of Phil's bag and he's got a bunch of lead tape in the cavity of the back of the club. interesting to see him customize away from the original perimeter weighting but Pings in general are pretty light (which was great for a high school kid like me at the time).....esp compared to the drop forged blades of that day with stiff and real steel True Temper shafts.

picasso
2/2/2010, 11:49 PM

Ah Southlakes. I played with an old buddy during his final round there years ago. We didn't know it at the time though.

picasso
2/2/2010, 11:51 PM

or arena football

classic.:D

picasso
2/2/2010, 11:53 PM
see, i make double on 3 and the Road hole. but birdie 6, 10, 11, and 18 with a lot of people watching. I also 3 putt 1 for bogey after hitting it in regulation (there's a reason you pay for a caddy).

i stick a 9 iron on 18 about 8 feet. i almost passed out when i drained it.

Good lord how did I miss/forget all of this?

picasso
2/2/2010, 11:58 PM
nor is he a resident of Oak Tree or a member at Oakmont.

Oakmont is much higher on my "wanna play list" than Pebble.

Sooner04
2/3/2010, 12:17 AM
Ping irons. Wooop, there's goes the gag reflex.

I tried with the Eye 2's. I tried with the Zings and Zing 2's. I just couldn't hit those garden tools. But I also have a set of near mint Cleveland VAS Irons down in the basement that I can stripe, so go figure.

picasso
2/3/2010, 12:28 AM

I tried with the Eye 2's. I tried with the Zings and Zing 2's. I just couldn't hit those garden tools. But I also have a set of near mint Cleveland VAS Irons down in the basement that I can stripe, so go figure.

I still hit mine. Some day when I grow up I shall buy some blades. That and sell about 25 paintings.

Sooner04
2/3/2010, 12:32 AM
Which model? Eye 2's? What color is the dot?

picasso
2/3/2010, 12:34 AM
Which model? Eye 2's? What color is the dot?

White dot. My old baseball coach hooked me up with a guy selling them back in '97. I took them and had them fitted.

I've grown to dislike the offset but they is what they is.

Back in the early 90's I borrowed a friend's brother's Hogan Edges. Never hit the ball straighter.

King Crimson
2/3/2010, 12:51 AM

i almost predicted this from BMart. it was so easy too, i thought about dropping a diss on Wilson Staffs or Hogan blades....anyway. just for the kicks. i like the blade look at address more but i was scrawny and had played Titleist blades with stiff shafts my dad won in some tournament from the time was 13-17. no customization back then

the wedge set i have are the standard black dot. i also have a blue dot 60 (the next more upright), but i'm not sure when that dates from (or where i got it to be honest)....it may be post 1990 so i didn't mention it. the copper is black.

OU4LIFE
2/3/2010, 08:38 AM
i'll just add here that i have the full set of the "illegal" Ping Eye 2 wedges that Mickelson is "in trouble with Scott McCarron" for using....AND one of the copper-faced 60 lob wedges of the same ilk.

same ones i used in high school.

on one of the sports sites i saw a pic of Phil's bag and he's got a bunch of lead tape in the cavity of the back of the club. interesting to see him customize away from the original perimeter weighting but Pings in general are pretty light (which was great for a high school kid like me at the time).....esp compared to the drop forged blades of that day with stiff and real steel True Temper shafts.

ya know, you should sell those pings on Ebay. I've looked on there just to see what the Mickleson effect would be....it's insanity. Ive seen them go anywhere from 200.00 per wedge to well over 500.00.

Dude, might as well cash in on the morons that think they need square grooves for their tour swing.