PDA

View Full Version : I think oBama should prolly quit

olevetonahill
5/30/2008, 01:55 AM
Going to Church, they aint helping him.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080530/ap_on_el_pr/obama_pfleger

def_lazer_fc
5/30/2008, 03:38 AM
i'll give you rev wright, although i don't think what he said was really that bad when you pay attention to things other than the sound bites, but this is just stupid. and seriously, to hell with youtube, when is someone just going to tape CBN and mail that to a news network?

olevetonahill
5/30/2008, 03:46 AM
i'll give you rev wright, although i don't think what he said was really that bad when you pay attention to things other than the sound bites, but this is just stupid. and seriously, to hell with youtube, when is someone just going to tape CBN and mail that to a news network?

Now Yall Know why I use so Many smileies
Some one gonna Misintrep me :rolleyes: ;)

SCOUT
5/30/2008, 08:38 AM
Its funny that Obama attended this church for 20 years but didn't really hear any controversial messages. These days, that church seems to be cranking sermons that he has to apologize for every couple of weeks. Seems odd to me.

olevetonahill
5/30/2008, 08:40 AM
Its funny that Obama attended this church for 20 years but didn't really hear any controversial messages. These days, that church seems to be cranking sermons that he has to apologize for every couple of weeks. Seems odd to me.

Black an white , white and Black
Jessies Back :D

r5TPsooner
5/30/2008, 09:56 AM

I expect that his Presidency would be the same way too. We already have a President that doesn't want to listen, we don't need another one that thinks he knows everything.

Ike
5/30/2008, 11:53 AM

I don't find it that odd...I attended a church for about 20 years and didn't hear a single thing coming from the pulpit. Usually because I was either asleep or focused on checking out some smokin hot chick a few pews ahead.

picasso
5/30/2008, 11:56 AM

you using both hands to hold his package?

and this story was broke by ABC, sheesh they must be incahoots with them Fox peoples.

Dio
5/30/2008, 12:47 PM
What's worse- Hillary's massive sense of entitlement, or this ******-bag priest's arrogance? (he's white, but he's way cooler than the rest of us crackers 'cause he smokes Jesse Jackson's pole)

olevetonahill
5/31/2008, 07:21 PM
HEH
Obama Quits
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080531/ap_on_el_pr/obama :D

Okla-homey
5/31/2008, 08:54 PM
If anyone seriously thinks BHO doesn't endorse iin his heart the crud these guys (Wright and this guy) are spewing, that person needs a brain transplant stat.

Chuck Bao
5/31/2008, 09:23 PM
Get your own brain, stat, homey. I have mine and it seems (to me) to be working just fine.

I want a president to be able to articulate a message of hope.

Obama is the one to unite the country.

Okla-homey
5/31/2008, 10:06 PM
Get your own brain, stat, homey. I have mine and it seems (to me) to be working just fine.

Tell ya what. "Hope" in one hand and poop in the other and see which one fills up first.

No "uniting" the country possible among the current field. BHO would only be the President of black folks and the hard left.

This country is at war. It needs a Warrior Leader. Not some Big Rock Candy Mountain appeaser kook.

Flagstaffsooner
5/31/2008, 10:10 PM

Obama is the one to unite the country.You've been smoking way too much Thai stick.:mad:

olevetonahill
5/31/2008, 10:13 PM
About the Only thing that will UNITE this Country is another attack
and that just for a short time :(

Chuck Bao
5/31/2008, 10:49 PM
Tell ya what. "Hope" in one hand and poop in the other and see which one fills up first.

No "uniting" the country possible among the current field. BHO would only be the President of black folks and the hard left.

This country is at war. It needs a Warrior Leader. Not some Big Rock Candy Mountain appeaser kook.

Can we agree to disagree? Because, I think that if a McCain presidency is a Bush III, that your cherished military might will have to weaken in line with America's waning economic might. It's a tough message. But you are a tough guy and I'm sure you can handle it.

Get a grip and vote someone who will bring change and say no to the Middle East and the profiteering of the Haliburtons and their shareholders.

Whet
5/31/2008, 10:51 PM

What obama sez and how obama lived his life is 180 degrees difference. He is a chicago leftist pol that has drawn some people into his siren song of "hope and unity." Unfortunately, a person is known by the friends he keeps - his is a long list of leftists, communists, racists, and crooks. He is the same type of politician - there is nothing magical or mystical or heavenly about Barry Obama!

Too bad you missed out on the other President that had that message of hope - Jimmy Carter! Or, The West Wing television program...

I especially like how Barry, while in the Illinois Senate, voted against a bill to allow a citizen to use a handgun in his house to defend his family and property.

Plus, his close association with George Soros!

Chuck Bao
5/31/2008, 11:01 PM
You've been smoking way too much Thai stick.:mad:

I'm pretty sure I haven't. For the record, Margaritaville, well it's not my fault. The gay tattoo artist is, but we should keep him out of our song.

Nibblin' on sponge cake.
Watchin' the sun bake.
All of those tourists covered with oil.
Strummin' my six string on my front porch swing.
Smell those shrimp: they're beginnin' to boil.

Wasted away again in Margaritaville,
Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt.
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame,
But I know it's nobody's fault.

Don't know the reason,
Stayed here all season
With nothing to show but this brand new tattoo.
But it's a real beauty,
A Mexican cutie, how it got here
I haven't a clue.

Wasted away again in Margaritaville,
Now I think, - hell it could be my fault.

I blew out my flip flop,
Stepped on a pop top,
Cut my heel, had to cruise on back home.
But there's booze in the blender,
And soon it will render
That frozen concoction that helps me hang on.

Wasted away again in Margaritaville
But I know, it's my own damn fault.
Yes, and some people claim that there's a woman to blame
And I know it's my own damn fault.

olevetonahill
5/31/2008, 11:07 PM
It was " NOpe stick wasnt it ?

Chuck Bao
5/31/2008, 11:20 PM
What obama sez and how obama lived his life is 180 degrees difference. He is a chicago leftist pol that has drawn some people into his siren song of "hope and unity." Unfortunately, a person is known by the friends he keeps - his is a long list of leftists, communists, racists, and crooks. He is the same type of politician - there is nothing magical or mystical or heavenly about Barry Obama!

Too bad you missed out on the other President that had that message of hope - Jimmy Carter! Or, The West Wing television program...

I especially like how Barry, while in the Illinois Senate, voted against a bill to allow a citizen to use a handgun in his house to defend his family and property.

Plus, his close association with George Soros!

Oh Good Grief!

If you think everything will be okay and bury your head in the sand with a Bush III, go ahead and vote for McCain.

In my opinion, we need some tough choices in Washington to deal with the problems.

The supply siders are so out of date with the global economy, well, it's just sad.

Amongst the three candidates, Obama is offering a clearer choice in dealing with the trade imbalance and labor, environmental, legal practices overseas.

You can try to confuse the issue. But, you are just confusing yourselves.

A strong military can't be funded by a bankrupt economy for very long. I thought some of you were scholars of Reagan and the cold war.

NYC Poke
5/31/2008, 11:25 PM
I consider myself a member of the Perryville Baptist Church in Perryville, TX, though I'm agnostic and certainly not Baptist. I go whenever I'm down visiting my mom, and as a matter of fact, look forward to it. I've known all 50 member for about 15 years now and talked with them through good times in our lives and bad. I've eaten with them, laughed with them, sang with them, and, yes, prayed with them (curiously, I've never drank with any of 'em).

Anyway, the preacher there has said some things in a few of his sermons that offended me, and would probably look bad to the public at large if offered up as an example of the man as a whole. I never walked out because I knew all the good that he did in peoples' lives, mine included. And that's more important that a few words he may have said before a Dallas Cowboys game.

Flagstaffsooner
5/31/2008, 11:26 PM
Nitwit

Whet
5/31/2008, 11:27 PM
good god! Obama is a crooked pol from Chicago that represents the worst of this country (racism, leftism, communism, and cronyism) I guess, those that are not living in Chicago may have a distorted view of Barry Obama, particularly when they must rely on the MSM to get their information on this guy!

Again, he is George Soros' guy!

Whet
5/31/2008, 11:29 PM
I consider myself a member of the Perryville Baptist Church in Perryville, TX, though I'm agnostic and certainly not Baptist. I go whenever I'm down visiting my mom, and as a matter of fact, look forward to it. I've known all 50 member for about 15 years now and talked with them through good times in our lives and bad. I've eaten with them, laughed with them, sang with them, and, yes, prayed with them (curiously, I've never drank with any of 'em).

Anyway, the preacher there has said some things in a few of his sermons that offended me, and would probably look bad to the public at large if offered up as an example of the man as a whole. I never walked out because I knew all the good that he did in peoples' lives, mine included. And that's more important that a few words he may have said before a Dallas Cowboys game.

tell us about the book you wrote based on a sermon from your preacher.

Soonerus
5/31/2008, 11:30 PM
I think Ole deserves credit for somewhat predicting this development....pretty impresssive...

NYC Poke
5/31/2008, 11:31 PM
It's kind of hard to describe. It's a pop-up book. :D

Chuck Bao
5/31/2008, 11:32 PM
tell us about the book you wrote based on a sermon from your preacher.

Go ahead and critique the book. I'm sure you've read it. Just give us the low down on the racism, leftism, communism, and cronyism.

Whet
6/1/2008, 12:12 AM
Racism - Michelle, Rev. Wright, Michael Pfleger, Louis Farrikon,
"I found solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother’s race."

Leftism -
the most liberal Democrat in Congress, with a score of 84.3 after two full years in the Senate, Cornell West, Global Poverty Act, Bernadine Dohrn and William Ayers, endorsed by Ted Kennedy.

Communism - Frank Marshall Davis, Cooper Union, Gamaliel Foundation, William Ayers

Cronyism - Rezko, Daley, Soros, Emil Jones, Blaggo

olevetonahill
6/1/2008, 12:13 AM

Ya aint gonna Get Baptist to drink In Public
Kinda Like Dancing !

Soonerus
6/1/2008, 12:15 AM
Ya aint gonna Get Baptist to drink In Public
Kinda Like Dancing !

My Dad always said every time you find four Baptists together you will find a fifth...

olevetonahill
6/1/2008, 12:16 AM
My Dad always said every time you find four Baptists together you will find a fifth...

Smart Man ;)

NYC Poke
6/1/2008, 12:31 AM

That's why you don't take only one Baptist fishing with you. You don't want him to drink all your beer.

Okla-homey
6/1/2008, 06:33 AM
And let's be clear about something. I know the offishul DNC talking point/bumper sticker on JSM is "Bush III" and/or "A Vote for McCain is a Vote for Four More Years of Bush." Such labeling is of course disingenious and intentionally misleading.

Moreover;

1) JSM is not GWB. In fact, they are quite dissimilar. Prior to the spinning done by the left to cast them as doppelgangers, JSM was widely heralded by both the left and right as a "maverick" and a "moderate." JSM has not changed. GWB was the darling of the far right. The far right is not similarly in love with JSM. Just listen to a.m. talk radio for an hour some weekday if you doubt the veracity of that statement. Or Sic'em.;)

2) the DNC base isn't noted for its ability to rationally and introspectively choose for whom to vote. They are noted for their blind allegiance to party bosses/pulpiteers who tell them for whom they must vote or risk losing everything.

3) The "Bush III" appelation is used because it's catchy and easy for the unsophisticated and undecideds to understand. Rather like Johnny Cochran's closing argument to the Simpson jury stating "if the glove does not fit, you must acquit." The label, however, is accurate in the sense JSM would be a principled leader who would not make important decisions affecting us all based on the results of polling and focus groups.

4) As a general rule, its best not to vote for the US presidential candidate endorsed by Hamas. I have no doubt we will be safer under JSM.

Vaevictis
6/1/2008, 07:03 AM
1) JSM is not GWB. In fact, they are quite dissimilar. Prior to the spinning done by the left to cast them as doppelgangers, JSM was widely heralded by both the left and right as a "maverick" and a "moderate." JSM has not changed. GWB was the darling of the far right. The far right is not similarly in love with JSM. Just listen to a.m. talk radio for an hour some weekday if you doubt the veracity of that statement. Or Sic'em.;)

I'll agree that JSM isn't GWB, but I will not agree that he hasn't changed. He repositioned himself to the right prior to this campaign, which is sort of what gives the "GWB clone" accusation the weight it has.

It is noteworthy because he had previously been unwilling to reposition himself in this manner -- see 2000 and the stomping given him by the right-positioned Bush campaign. This can be interpreted in multiple ways: (1) he got smart after the last time he tried to run for president and will, like everyone move center once the real election begins, and/or (2) he may be like any other politician, willing to compromise his morals and ethics in order to get elected. (Disclaimer: I'm not saying those are the only options, that they are mutually exclusive, or that I favor either one.)

2) the DNC base isn't noted for its ability to rationally and introspectively choose for whom to vote. They are noted for their blind allegiance to party bosses/pulpiteers who tell them for whom they must vote or risk losing everything.

I just laughed out loud at this. It's the same damn thing that Democrats say about the Republican base. Guess what? They're both right.

Both parties have strong elements of top-down opinion giving, fear-mongering and *-baiting. Let's not pretend otherwise.

In fact, I would imagine that this applies to pretty much every political party base that has ever existed.

4) As a general rule, its best not to vote for the US presidential candidate endorsed by Hamas. I have no doubt we will be safer under JSM.

As a general rule, I find it is best not to worry about what my enemies or potential enemies say they want me to do, and instead focus on what I think needs to be done and then doing it.

Harry Beanbag
6/1/2008, 08:09 AM
The love affair with Barack is naive, sickening, disturbing, and dangerous.

Flagstaffsooner
6/1/2008, 09:02 AM
The love affair with Barack is naive, sickening, disturbing, and dangerous.But Oprah says we should vote for him.:rolleyes:

Okla-homey
6/1/2008, 09:30 AM
But Oprah says we should vote for him.:rolleyes:

Oprah thinks she's a Zulu princess too.:rolleyes:

Flagstaffsooner
6/1/2008, 10:16 AM
Oprah thinks she's a Zulu princess too.:rolleyes:Well hell, I'm an Aryan Prince.;)

jkjsooner
6/1/2008, 10:33 AM
Going to Church, they aint helping him.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080530/ap_on_el_pr/obama_pfleger

I saw this on TV this morning. I'll give you it was inappropriate but watching it it really came off as a sort of a comedy routine. Feel free to question whether this belongs in a church or not but after watching it I couldn't help but 1) laugh and 2) not take it seriously.

I think had this guy done this in a comedy club most would have considered it pretty funny.

jkjsooner
6/1/2008, 10:43 AM

So you

1. Start a war.
2. Continue the war indefinitely.
3. Guaranteed reelection or every conservative candidates.

Sounds like a plan to me.

If you're talking about Afghanistan then this argument has some merit. If you're talking about Iraq then you're opening a huge can of worms. You basically saying that no matter how unnecessary a war is, you can use it for your own political advantages. I can't accept that.

P.S. I'm voting for McCain in spite of my dislike of the worst president this country has ever seen.

Okla-homey
6/1/2008, 11:47 AM
So you

1. Start a war.
2. Continue the war indefinitely.
3. Guaranteed reelection or every conservative candidates.

Sounds like a plan to me.

If you're talking about Afghanistan then this argument has some merit. If you're talking about Iraq then you're opening a huge can of worms. You basically saying that no matter how unnecessary a war is, you can use it for your own political advantages. I can't accept that.

P.S. I'm voting for McCain in spite of my dislike of the worst president this country has ever seen.

My point is, we are in a war. A war of ideals. For the long haul. A war we did not start. We face a significant and ruthless enemy that believes his divine purpose in life is to destroy us. There is no amount of statecraft or talking that can eliminate that threat. Mitigate it? Perhaps. But that would involve throwing Israel under the bus. I don't think we as a people are prepared to do that.

Now, I don't believe you can kill your way to peace faced with an enemy like that, but I sure don't think you can pack up and hunker behind your oceans and stay safe as we could before the advent of intercontinental WMD and people willing to crash commercial airliners into the hearts of our cities.

In short, I beleive we need to remain deployed to the region and actively engaged in shaping the battlefield. If we don't, the battlefield shifts to North America as surely as Gary England cuts into regular programming during an Oklahoma County tornado warning.

I know many people don't like or accept that notion. Many retain a naive belief thse people can be reasoned with. You cannot reason with a person who does not consider it morally wrong to lie to you since you are only an infidel. Others hearken back to the old "domino" argument on why we had to prop up Vietnam with hundreds of thousands of US and allied troops.

This is different. Charlie didn't get Death to America from his mothers milk like Jugdish Bin Blowusup did. All Victor Charles wanted was to be left alone in his own country. Jugdish wants to keel you. You, and your babies. In your home if possible. While you sleep would be perfect. I am not exaggerating.

Moreover, Jugdish doesn't want to keel you merely because of our presence in Iraq. Nor does he want to keel you simply because of our support for his ancient enemy the Jewish state. He wants to keel you because your wife can walk around outside in shorts and a tube top without being beaten for it. That and the fact your daughter can go on a date without a male member of her family along. And the fact you have the innerwebs. And uncensored cable TV programming. And the fact you can drink alcohol. And American women can work outside the home.

That's why its a war of ideals. Medieval vs. Post-Modern.

And frankly, although I don't know any wimmen who wear tube tops anymore, I sure think they oughtta be able to do that if they are so inclined.

NYC Poke
6/1/2008, 02:27 PM
Frankly, our country is bigger than their ideals, and besides, their having their own battle of ideals. I found this truly bizarre, yet oddly hopeful.

Women Fight For Right To Join Al Qaeda
Extremist Who Says Women's Place Is In The Home Draws Backlash From Female Jihadists

(AP) Muslim extremist women are challenging al Qaeda's refusal to include - or at least acknowledge - women in its ranks, in an emotional debate that gives rare insight into the gender conflicts lurking beneath one of the strictest strains of Islam.

In response to a female questioner, al Qaeda No. 2 leader Ayman Al-Zawahri said in April that the terrorist group does not have women. A woman's role, he said on the Internet audio recording, is limited to caring for the homes and children of al Qaeda fighters.

His remarks have since prompted an outcry from fundamentalist women, who are fighting or pleading for the right to be terrorists. The statements have also created some confusion, because in fact suicide bombings by women seem to be on the rise, at least within the Iraq branch of al Qaeda.

A'eeda Dahsheh is a Palestinian mother of four in Lebanon who said she supports al-Zawahri and has chosen to raise children at home as her form of jihad. However, she said, she also supports any woman who chooses instead to take part in terror attacks.

Another woman signed a more than 2,000-word essay of protest online as Rabeebat al-Silah, Arabic for "Companion of Weapons."

"How many times have I wished I were a man ... When Sheikh Ayman al-Zawahri said there are no women in al Qaeda, he saddened and hurt me," wrote "Companion of Weapons," who said she listened to the speech 10 times. "I felt that my heart was about to explode in my chest...I am powerless."

Such postings have appeared anonymously on discussion forums of Web sites that host videos from top al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden. While the most popular site requires names and passwords, many people use only nicknames, making their identities and locations impossible to verify.

However, groups that monitor such sites say the postings appear credible because of the knowledge and passion they betray. Many appear to represent computer-literate women arguing in the most modern of venues - the Internet - for rights within a feudal version of Islam.

"Women were very disappointed because what al-Zawahri said is not what's happening today in the Middle East, especially in Iraq or in Palestinian groups," said Rita Katz, director of the SITE Intelligence Group, an organization that monitors militant Web sites. "Suicide operations are being carried out by women, who play an important role in jihad."

It's not clear how far women play a role in al Qaeda because of the group's amorphous nature.

Terrorism experts believe there are no women in the core leadership ranks around bin Laden and al-Zawahri. But beyond that core, al Qaeda is really a movement with loosely linked offshoots in various countries and sympathizers who may not play a direct role. Women are clearly among these sympathizers, and some are part of the offshoot groups.

In the Iraq branch, for example, women have carried out or attempted at least 20 suicide bombings since 2003. Al Qaeda members suspected of training women to use suicide belts were captured in Iraq at least three times last year, the U.S. military has said.

Hamas, another militant group, is open about using women fighters and disagrees with al Qaeda's stated stance. At least 11 Palestinian women have launched suicide attacks in recent years.

Jihad is not exclusive to men.

Umm Farouq"A lot of the girls I speak to ... want to carry weapons. They live with this great frustration and oppression," said Huda Naim, a prominent women's leader, Hamas member and Palestinian lawmaker in Gaza. "We don't have a special militant wing for women ... but that doesn't mean that we strip women of the right to go to jihad."

Al-Zawahri's remarks show the fine line al Qaeda walks in terms of public relations. In a modern Arab world where women work even in some conservative countries, al Qaeda's attitude could hurt its efforts to win over the public at large. On the other hand, noted SITE director Katz, al-Zawahri has to consider that many al Qaeda supporters, such as the Taliban, do not believe women should play a military role in jihad.

Al-Zawahri's comments came in a two-hour audio recording posted on an Islamic militant Web site, where he answered hundreds of questions sent in by al Qaeda sympathizers. He praised the wives of mujahedeen, or holy warriors. He also said a Muslim woman should "be ready for any service the mujahedeen need from her," but advised against traveling to a war front like Afghanistan without a male guardian.

Al-Zawahri's stance might stem from personal history, as well as religious beliefs. His first wife and at least two of their six children were killed in a U.S. air strike in the southern Afghan city of Kandahar in 2001. He later accused the U.S. of intentionally targeting women and children in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"I say to you ... (I have) tasted the bitterness of American brutality: my favorite wife's chest was crushed by a concrete ceiling," he wrote in a 2005 letter.

Al-Zawahri's question-and-answer campaign is one sign of al Qaeda's sophistication in using the Web to keep in touch with its popular base, even while its leaders remain in hiding. However, the Internet has also given those disenfranchised by al Qaeda - in this case, women - a voice they never had before.

The Internet is the only "breathing space" for women who are often shrouded in black veils and confined to their homes, "Ossama2001" wrote. She said al-Zawahri's words "opened old wounds" and pleaded with God to liberate women so they can participate in holy war.

Another woman, Umm Farouq, or mother of Farouq, wrote: "I use my pen and words, my honest emotions ... Jihad is not exclusive to men."

Such women are al Qaeda sympathizers who would not feel comfortable expressing themselves with men or others outside their circles, said Dia'a Rashwan, an expert on terrorism and Islamic movements at the Al-Ahram Center for Political and Strategic Studies in Cairo.

"The Internet gives them the ideal place to write their ideas, while they're hidden far from the world," he said.

Men have also responded to al-Zawahri's remarks. One male Internet poster named Hassan al-Saif asked: "Does our sheik mean that there is no need to use women in our current jihad? Why can we not use them?"

He was in the minority. Dozens of postings were signed by men who agreed with al-Zawahri that women should stick to supporting men and raising children according to militant Islam.

Women bent on becoming militants have at least one place to turn to. A niche magazine called "al-Khansaa" - named for a female poet in pre-Islamic Arabia who wrote lamentations for two brothers killed in battle - has popped up online. The magazine is published by a group that calls itself the "women's information office in the Arab peninsula," and its contents include articles on women's terrorist training camps, according to SITE.

Its first issue, with a hot pink cover and gold embossed lettering, appeared in August 2004 with the lead article "Biography of the Female Mujahedeen."

The article read:

"We will stand, covered by our veils and wrapped in our robes, weapons in hand, our children in our laps, with the Quran and the Sunna (sayings) of the Prophet of Allah directing and guiding us."

By Associated Press writer Lauren Frayer; AP writer Pakinam Amer contributed to this report from Cairo; AP writer Diaa Hadid contributed from the Gaza Strip; and AP writer Zeina Karam contributed from Beirut, Lebanon.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/05/31/world/main4142514.shtml

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2005/11/13/image1041424g.jpg

I'm not convinced. Those hands like kinda big to me.

Okla-homey
6/1/2008, 02:46 PM
Interesting article. I think it helps prove up my thesis to boot. Specifically, even their gals want desperately to die trying to keel us.

That's just crazy right there. No amount of talking, pleading, begging, concession, commiserating or negotiating is effective vs. that mindset. However, the more reasonable ones do respect power and demonstrated resolve.

Thus, IMHO, our best hope is not to flinch, try to be fair in the administration of the areas we control, hammer guys who do stupid (aka unnecessary) stuff that p's 'em off, and encourage the reasonable segment of their culture to work on the nut-jobs/jihaadists.

I think that's what Petreaus means when he says "you can't kill your way out of an insurgency." I also think its working.

Regarding my old stomping grounds in asscrackistan, I am deeply troubled about the safe haven the jihaadists have in the remote NW part of Pakistan. Its hard to crack an insurgency if the insurgents have a safe place to hole-up, rest and reconstitute.

Chuck Bao
6/1/2008, 03:52 PM
Hogswallow.

It is silly to presume that the US needs to start a war to kill the terrorist over there in order to keep the terrorists from killing Americans over here.

Innocent people dying is the best recruitment tool of the terrorists. The misplaced, but yet very effective, idea that the US is at war with the muslim faith can get a lot of people whipped up to suicide bombing frenzy.

I think we should just let them have at each other. If they love their religion and their religion is peaceful, they should be able to find a way to get along.

I'm not really sure that gender rights would be a plausible reason to engage in war.

But, I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of the terrorists and terrorist suppliers want McCain to win the US presidency. How to achieve that? Easy, announce that your terror organization supports McCain's opponent.

VeeJay
6/1/2008, 04:09 PM
al Qaeda's convinced they can sway American elections.

Nice.

Didn't Osama come out with a video in '04, promising to attack red states?

In the immortal words of John McEnroe:

"You can NOT be serious."

Chuck Bao
6/1/2008, 04:39 PM
No, but there are some really, really gullible people out there.

And, are you so terrified of being attacked by a terrorist that it is your over-riding concern in making your election decision? Seriously? It's more important than health care? Education? Employment? Getting the economy back on track?

I concede the fact that the three leading candidates aren't offering solutions. McCain ranks the worst of the three in addressing these problems, in my opinion.

VeeJay
6/1/2008, 04:54 PM
I'm your average guy, realizing how fortunate I am to have been provided the opportunity to finish college. That said, I've been gainfully employed with one six week gap since 1980 (when I was IN college). Health care has never been an issue with me - re-engineer it and I'll be looking for another place to live. Education - I am educated, at least where I can type "fer" and "ain't" in jest and if you don't get it well, that's not my issue. We have fun here. Employment - as mentioned, I've had one six week gap in 28 years that I collected unemployment from the state of MS - and unemployment back then ('84) paid $105 per week. Call me a teet sucker, it's O.K. If the gubmint wants that $630 back bad enough, I'll give it to 'em. Economy back on track - what's Obama proposed to do this? What's "putting Americans back to work"? Nice sound bite but where's the blueprint?

So, yeah, my overriding issue in view of all this is probably not wanting to see another 9/11. I've been critical of Bush, but when it comes to national security issues, the two doofases on the Democratic side can't carry McCain's jockstrap.

Chuck Bao
6/1/2008, 05:18 PM
The key thing here is that we have to adopt a new paradigm to deal with global competition.

I did research on this earlier for one of my reports. I concluded that Obama would be the worst possible US president when looking from a Thailand perspective, as he advocates getting tough with trade partners and level the playing field.

For the same reason, I also think he would be the best for the US and employees.

One of the other issues, frequently trashed on this board, is environmental concerns. I think that Obama can more effectively and credibly force the developing countries to adopt more stringent environmentally friendly regulations and not pollute their own country and sicken their own people in order to sell lower priced goods to the US consumer.

Now, I would prefer that it be a consumer decision, rather than a government decision. But the Walmarts of the world are not going to cooperate.

I'm very glad, VJ, that you have had such gainful employment over the years and feel secure in employment and health care coverage through employment. I mean that sincerely.

I'm just not sure that the majority of Americans will feel that way in the next 2-4 years.

Maybe, I'm reading too much into this, but I have a feeling that our leaders need to offer new leadership and an effective way of dealing with our problems.

Harry Beanbag
6/1/2008, 05:47 PM

You got that right.

Chuck Bao
6/1/2008, 06:26 PM
I may be gullible about a lot of things, but when you get ready to talk about global trade, I can join in.

I'm busy at the moment writing about Thailand exports - up 21.7% yoy in volume terms in April, 27.7% in value terms.

Okay, I have no idea about that, but it's still pretty impressive.

jkjsooner
6/1/2008, 06:39 PM
My point is, we are in a war. A war of ideals....

Can't really disagree with you now that you explained it a little further.

Frozen Sooner
6/1/2008, 06:59 PM
"I found solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother’s race."

Please give a citation for this quote. I'm interested to see where you came up with this.

stoopified
6/1/2008, 07:14 PM

Obama is the one to unite the country.What country would that be?Sure BHO SAYS a lot of things that sound good but he has NO substance to back it up.In that regard he reminds me of Carter,use a lot of sweet sounding rhetoric and cliches about uniting the country and moving ahead to a brighter future.Then he got elected and we all realized a man with cojones the size of BBs makes a lousy President.Please God,deliver us from Obama.

Harry Beanbag
6/1/2008, 07:36 PM
Please give a citation for this quote. I'm interested to see where you came up with this.

Apparently he wrote it in one of his own books, according to a Google search anyway.

Barack H.Obama wrote these words in "'Dreams of My Father," -- "I found solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother’s race." His mother is white.

http://my.mainetoday.com/story.html?ID=2168

Okla-homey
6/1/2008, 07:36 PM
see below.

And, are you so terrified of being attacked by a terrorist that it is your over-riding concern in making your election decision? Yes. National security is one of the principal reasons the Founding White D00ds established this Republic. It is the foundation that makes all that other Big Rock Candy Mountain stuff possible. It is JOB ONE Seriously? It's more important than health care? Yes. And "health care" is not a right under the Constitution. Merely a nice thing to do for people if the taxpayers vote to provide it to those who can't otherwise afford it. Moreover, an awful lot of people have covergge thru their employer and its cost is not taxed as income. You do some universal healthcare dealio, poof! -- say good-bye to choice of provider, timeliness in being seen, and prepare to be processed like cattle at the stockyard Education? State responsibility because they strapped it on with their own constitutions. Before that, it was a parental responsibility. Its not a federal responsibility. Employment? Is a job a right? It was in the USSR, but I don't think it is in the USA. Getting the economy back on track? Not the job of government, FDR's excesses notwithstanding. And for the record, that alphabet soup of programs he rammed through (e.g. NRA, CCC, etc.) didn't do crap. It took WWII to pull us out of the Depression. Oh, and here in Oklahoma, the economy is rockin! 2.9 unemployment in T-town. This economy in the crapper stuff is mostly just Donk negativity for political gain. I still remember what happened the last time we elected an idealistic Donk with very little experience. His name was James Earl Carter. Google his adminstration.

Okla-homey
6/1/2008, 07:47 PM
Hogswallow.

It is silly to presume that the US needs to start a war to kill the terrorist over there in order to keep the terrorists from killing Americans over here.

please tell me you don't beleive 9/11 was an inside job. If you beleive that, I have forever lost respect for your opinions.

Frozen Sooner
6/1/2008, 07:47 PM
Apparently he wrote it in one of his own books, according to a Google search anyway.

http://my.mainetoday.com/story.html?ID=2168

Except he didn't. The claim is that he wrote this is Dreams From My Father. That phrase does not appear in the book.

In fact, it comes from this (http://www.amconmag.com/2007/2007_03_12/feature.html) opinion piece. Note that the words are the piece's author's-[/i]not[/i] Senator Obama's.

Harry Beanbag
6/1/2008, 07:50 PM
Except he didn't. The claim is that he wrote this is Dreams From My Father. That phrase does not appear in the book.

I didn't say it was in the book, that's what the internets say. :)

Edit: Here's some more info for ya...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080513141028AArWA5M

I'm going to take everybody's word for it because i don't see myself reading that book anytime soon.

Edit again: I guess I can't keep up with your edits. Could have saved me the extra 2 minutes. :) Note I never made this claim in the first place. Like I said the other day, there are plenty of reasons to dislike Barack without making **** up.

Frozen Sooner
6/1/2008, 07:58 PM
Heh. Yeah, I saw that link. Note the "best answer." ;)

Whet seems to have fallen into the trap of reposting bull**** from e-mail.

Frozen Sooner
6/1/2008, 08:01 PM
I didn't say it was in the book, that's what the internets say. :)

Edit: Here's some more info for ya...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080513141028AArWA5M

I'm going to take everybody's word for it because i don't see myself reading that book anytime soon.

Edit again: I guess I can't keep up with your edits. Could have saved me the extra 2 minutes. :) Note I never made this claim in the first place. Like I said the other day, there are plenty of reasons to dislike Barack without making **** up.

Oh yeah? Well I'm QUOTING your edits!

Seriously, I don't mind if people don't like Senator Obama. I like the guy, but there's room for reasonable people to disagree on his policies or whatever. I'm just really tired of people making horrible **** up, sending out an e-mail, and then watching the obliging sheep post it and repost it without ever bothering to check if it's accurate or not.

Unfortunately, I think there's a portion of the electorate who does vote based on such crap. It's all part of the constant demonization each side tries on the other, and it's damaging to the political process.

Chuck Bao
6/1/2008, 08:03 PM
I will say it once again: terrorism isn't the biggest threat facing this country.

And, no where and no how did I ever imply that 9-11 was an inside job.

I just think that there are going to be many, many, many more people die from inadequate health care than there will ever be from terrorist attacks.

But, if you are okay with that because that is your narrow definition of the founder father's ideals, then go ahead.

And, if you want to stick your head in a sand dune somewhere in the Middle East while singing fa la la la, then be my guest.

I'm voting Obama.

Frozen Sooner
6/1/2008, 08:03 PM
please tell me you don't beleive 9/11 was an inside job. If you beleive that, I have forever lost respect for your opinions.

I thought the current party line was that Iraq didn't have anything to do with 9/11 and nobody ever said that they did.

Edit: that sounds really insulting. Sorry.

Vaevictis
6/1/2008, 08:20 PM
You do some universal healthcare dealio, poof! -- say good-bye to choice of provider, timeliness in being seen, and prepare to be processed like cattle at the stockyard

You do realize that this happens in capitalistic systems too due to crowding out effects, right?

I posted... I think it was a WSJ article recently about how there are certain specialties with crazy-long waiting periods because there aren't enough doctors. There aren't enough doctors because other specialties are easier to get into and pay more on top of it.

To bring up this problem and say 'Oh nos, it happens in the other system' is disingenuous. It happens in both, just for different reasons. Best part is that it's solved the same way in both systems -- throw money at the problem and hire more folks.

Not the job of government, FDR's excesses notwithstanding. And for the record, that alphabet soup of programs he rammed through (e.g. NRA, CCC, etc.) didn't do crap.

Actually, it did do something. It made it look like the government was doing something about it -- which is the whole genius of FDR's presidency up until WWII. If you take a look at the political situation at that time, you might find that there were good political (albeit perhaps not economical) reasons for those programs. My view of the time period is that the country was in a collective freak-out, and that the government "action" helped to calm it down.

This was, IMO, a good thing. As I've mentioned before -- I think the biggest threat to our way of life in the 20th century was ourselves during the Great Depression, and I think FDR steered the boat pretty well considering just how badly it could have gone.

It took WWII to pull us out of the Depression.

There's actually more to it than that. You might argue that it took until WWII to make a full recovery, but recovery began in the USA in 1933 when we dropped the gold standard. This is something that was repeated worldwide -- the longer countries held to the gold standard, the longer their recoveries took.

If you were to pull up a graph of GDP over the time period, you would see the recovery starting in 1933, and recognize that it was had all appearances of achieving full recovery with or without the advent of WWII.

Unemployment was still high over the period, but total employment tended to follow the GDP increases. It did take WWII to push the unemployment rates down (IIRC), but at the same time, I might argue that it took the government taking all those able bodied men off of the employment market and into the military fold may have had something to do with that. (hooray for government intervention in the market, right? Right? :D )

Whet
6/1/2008, 09:01 PM
Heh. Yeah, I saw that link. Note the "best answer." ;)

Whet seems to have fallen into the trap of reposting bull**** from e-mail.

No, not from an email, I teller at my supermarket bank branch mentioned it was on a web site, so I went there and read it.

Whet
6/1/2008, 09:05 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080601/i/ra1884211108.jpg

Whet
6/1/2008, 09:30 PM
Article on Barry (http://www.amconmag.com/2007/2007_03_12/feature.html)

Frozen Sooner
6/1/2008, 09:31 PM
You mean "An opinion piece" and the one that I linked above.

Whet
6/1/2008, 09:41 PM
Like Harry said, there are plenty of reasons to dislike Barry Obama, without having to make up stuff.

Have you read "Dreams of My Father?"

Some people are easily fooled by the siren song of the silver-tounged con man.

Frozen Sooner
6/1/2008, 09:42 PM
Like Harry said, there are plenty of reasons to dislike Barry Obama, without having to make up stuff.

So why do you continue to do so?

You've yet to admit to spreading a lie, either knowingly or not.

olevetonahill
6/1/2008, 09:43 PM
I havnt read it , Dont plan on reading it .
Just sayin
Oh and some Of Yall take this politics crap to serious:D

Whet
6/1/2008, 09:52 PM
I don't know if it is in the book, or not. I based my statment on what I read. But, then I've only read where Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinski engaged in sexual relations in the Oval Office, I didn't see them, nor did Bill or Monica tell me, so at some point, I got to rely on the words of others. One hopes what they read is true.....

It's not like I said 10,000 people were killed in last year's tornado that hit the small Kansas town, or claim there are 57 States, or that Barry was a Constitutional law professor at UC...

Have you read the book? Do you know it is not in the book?

See what you started vet! :D

Frozen Sooner
6/1/2008, 09:55 PM
I didn't think you would.

olevetonahill
6/1/2008, 10:12 PM
I don't know if it is in the book, or not. I based my statment on what I read. But, then I've only read where Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinski engaged in sexual relations in the Oval Office, I didn't see them, nor did Bill or Monica tell me, so at some point, I got to rely on the words of others. One hopes what they read is true.....

It's not like I said 10,000 people were killed in last year's tornado that hit the small Kansas town, or claim there are 57 States, or that Barry was a Constitutional law professor at UC...

I just said the Dude should quit Church, He did ,
Now Im gettin calls to Be his Spiritual adviser:D

olevetonahill
6/1/2008, 10:13 PM
I didn't think you would.

:D :D :D :D :D

def_lazer_fc
6/1/2008, 10:23 PM
Cronyism - Rezko, Daley, Soros, Emil Jones, Blaggo

a certain president comes to mind that would put that list to shame. and he put them in positions that could actually **** up the country.

def_lazer_fc
6/1/2008, 10:31 PM
My point is, we are in a war. A war of ideals. For the long haul. A war we did not start. We face a significant and ruthless enemy that believes his divine purpose in life is to destroy us. There is no amount of statecraft or talking that can eliminate that threat. Mitigate it? Perhaps. But that would involve throwing Israel under the bus. I don't think we as a people are prepared to do that.

Now, I don't believe you can kill your way to peace faced with an enemy like that, but I sure don't think you can pack up and hunker behind your oceans and stay safe as we could before the advent of intercontinental WMD and people willing to crash commercial airliners into the hearts of our cities.

In short, I beleive we need to remain deployed to the region and actively engaged in shaping the battlefield. If we don't, the battlefield shifts to North America as surely as Gary England cuts into regular programming during an Oklahoma County tornado warning.

I know many people don't like or accept that notion. Many retain a naive belief thse people can be reasoned with. You cannot reason with a person who does not consider it morally wrong to lie to you since you are only an infidel. Others hearken back to the old "domino" argument on why we had to prop up Vietnam with hundreds of thousands of US and allied troops.

This is different. Charlie didn't get Death to America from his mothers milk like Jugdish Bin Blowusup did. All Victor Charles wanted was to be left alone in his own country. Jugdish wants to keel you. You, and your babies. In your home if possible. While you sleep would be perfect. I am not exaggerating.

Moreover, Jugdish doesn't want to keel you merely because of our presence in Iraq. Nor does he want to keel you simply because of our support for his ancient enemy the Jewish state. He wants to keel you because your wife can walk around outside in shorts and a tube top without being beaten for it. That and the fact your daughter can go on a date without a male member of her family along. And the fact you have the innerwebs. And uncensored cable TV programming. And the fact you can drink alcohol. And American women can work outside the home.

That's why its a war of ideals. Medieval vs. Post-Modern.

And frankly, although I don't know any wimmen who wear tube tops anymore, I sure think they oughtta be able to do that if they are so inclined.

LOL! fight em there so we don't fight em here thing right? they are gonna sneak into my house too?! holy **** balls!!!!! how does the rest of it go? they hate us for our "freedoms"? if there ever was a way to stupify a complex situation, you sir, just nailed it. kudos

olevetonahill
6/1/2008, 10:41 PM
LOL! fight em there so we don't fight em here thing right? they are gonna sneak into my house too?! holy **** balls!!!!! how does the rest of it go? they hate us for our "freedoms"? if there ever was a way to stupify a complex situation, you sir, just nailed it. kudos

What part of "they Just hate Us " did you Not understand ?

def_lazer_fc
6/1/2008, 10:42 PM

opinion pieces from a conservative rag and actual journalism are one in the same i guess. just say you didn't know what you were talking about and lets move on.

Harry Beanbag
6/1/2008, 10:42 PM

I think he has trouble understanding most complete sentences.

def_lazer_fc
6/1/2008, 10:43 PM

hehe, right? ;)

Turd_Ferguson
6/1/2008, 10:48 PM
LOL! fight em there so we don't fight em here thing right? they are gonna sneak into my house too?! holy **** balls!!!!! how does the rest of it go? they hate us for our "freedoms"? if there ever was a way to stupify a complex situation, you sir, just nailed it. kudosSmarmy ******:confused:

olevetonahill
6/1/2008, 10:56 PM
I think he has trouble understanding most complete sentences.

Could you explain that to me Please ?:confused:

SoonerKnight
6/1/2008, 11:50 PM
Ok. I have been reading the opinions on Obama and McCain and heres mine! Obama wants to talk to everyone friend or foe! Problem is we have already done this. I the TR (Teddy Roosevelt) said it best "Speak softly and carry a big stick." Reagan did this with the U.S.S.R.! Obama says he would pulll troops out within 60 days. Not good! The troops need to be there until something else can take their place. Iraq will be thrown in anarchy as has been their history. We need to make sure that the job is done and that the troops have an objective. Right now seems like there is no clear mission.

Obama has 2 years of Senate experience. Okay someone give him a pacifier cuz he's just a noob! Put him and the White House it'll be Jimmy Carter all over again. The guy is too new to this national politics to "unite" the country. What a load of crap this country has not been united since Washington ran unaffiliated. After that it was partisan all the way!

McCain I don't like him!!!! I will vote for him. He will atleast keep us from looking stupid. It may hurt us economically for the next few years but hey Obama could be much worse. Okay. The War in Iraq was BS Bush lied. Well beside the point now we are there how are we going to win and complete the mission? I am a Democrat by the way. I will be voting to keep the dems in Congress it'll be interesting to watch!

olevetonahill
6/1/2008, 11:57 PM
Your such a Bastage !

SoonerKnight
6/2/2008, 01:54 AM
:D

SicEmBaylor
6/2/2008, 02:03 AM

It's not really the far-right that isn't in love with McCain -- it's the evangelical and libertarian wings of the party that aren't in love with him. There are other far-right elements that love the guy. Otherwise though you're correct.

SoonerKnight
6/2/2008, 02:23 AM
Obama will lose!

SoonerKnight
6/2/2008, 02:24 AM
Big! Needed #700 :D

olevetonahill
6/2/2008, 03:01 AM
Obama will Be shot !

:eek:

olevetonahill
6/2/2008, 03:04 AM
It's not really the far-right that isn't in love with McCain -- it's the evangelical and libertarian wings of the party that aren't in love with him. There are other far-right elements that love the guy. Otherwise though you're correct.

Im Voting For Jm Cause I cant make sense of the other 2 :mad:

SicEmBaylor
6/2/2008, 07:22 AM
Im Voting For Jm Cause I cant make sense of the other 2 :mad:

Me either -- vote for Barr!

olevetonahill
6/2/2008, 07:24 AM
Me either -- vote for Barr!

K-Bar ?

Harry Beanbag
6/2/2008, 07:32 AM
Open Bar.

olevetonahill
6/2/2008, 07:34 AM
Open Bar.

Gets MY Vote Bro !;)

Harry Beanbag
6/2/2008, 07:42 AM
I figured it would. It's tempting, but my vote is already committed to Toby Keith. :)

Whet
6/2/2008, 07:56 AM
Toby would get more votes than BBarr!

olevetonahill
6/2/2008, 08:00 AM
I figured it would. It's tempting, but my vote is already committed to Toby Keith. :)

Then Im back to JM or Kbar

JohnnyMack
6/2/2008, 09:49 AM

They don't see it that way. You get that? You're smart enough to understand the why behind all this, but you seem reluctant to address it.