PDA

View Full Version : Foster Homes Needed for Beagles

soonerbrat
5/29/2008, 03:08 PM
This was posted on our electronic bulletin board at work:

There appears to be a "Beagle Outbreak" in several of our local shelters. We have received multiple requests from shelters about beagles whose time is running out this week if they cannot get into a rescue program.

Our volunteers are working to process as many applications as possible to help make room for the new beagles, but we have very limited space at the rescue. Anyone who could foster one of these dogs would truly be a life-saving angel!

Even if you can only foster on a temporary basis (maybe 2-4 weeks?) until we are able to place some dogs and space opens up at the rescue, your help would be greatly appreciated.

If you can help us foster these or any of our current dogs, please email us ASAP at [email protected] or call us at 405-227-9879.

We were able to save one little guy from the Stillwater shelter this week, but unfortunately we lost one we were trying to rescue from Tulsa. And last we heard, there was another little beagle boy at the Edmond shelter, and also possibly another beagle in need of rescue in the Lawton area.

Time is running out for these guys and we'd like to try to save them if we can!

CAN YOU HELP?
Please Let Us Know

phone: 405-227-9879
email: [email protected]

crawfish
5/29/2008, 03:32 PM
I blame Uno. :)

This happens everytime a dog breed gets popular. People think they're cute and don't research what they're getting into. Every breed has its quirks that you have to live with.

I think my neighbors would kill me if I had any more beagles, so I'm out on this one.

C&CDean
5/29/2008, 03:38 PM
Gee, the ****heads will jump through hoops to foster/save/rescue purebreeds but couldn't give a **** about shepherd/lab mixes, chows, pit bulls, and any dog over about 35 pounds - unless he's cool and popular to the idiots - like a dalmation.

I had 3 more strays dumped last week. Really cute lab/australian shepard mix breeds. NOBODY would take them. Second Chance are a bunch of liberal fagwads. Norman Animal Control are a bunch of commie pricks. Purcell is OK, but you have to lie and tell them you found them in McClain County. Of course all they're gonna do is put them down, but at least they feed and water them first.

Man I hate stupid people who own animals and don't take care of them.

soonerbrat
5/29/2008, 03:38 PM
i don't really have a space and i'm not home enough for a dog. my cats don't care when I'm gone 3 nights a week.

soonerbrat
5/29/2008, 03:43 PM
i'm just the messenger. don't yell at me. if i ever get a dog I promise I will go to a rescue and get the ugliest dog possible that nobody wants.

C&CDean
5/29/2008, 03:50 PM
i'm just the messenger. don't yell at me. if i ever get a dog I promise I will go to a rescue and get the ugliest dog possible that nobody wants.

I ain't yelling at you, I'm yelling at the ****wads who dump animals. If I posted on here every time I find dogs and cats by my place I'd be posting a couple times a month. One of these days I'm gonna catch em'. I'll probably be posting from the prison up the road afterward.

olevetonahill
5/29/2008, 03:53 PM
You and Me Both , Bro.

soonerbrat
5/29/2008, 03:56 PM
well one of these days when I get a real house, I"ll take one of those "dumpees" off your hands. I'd keep 'em all if I could. I'm a sucker for animals

yermom
5/29/2008, 03:59 PM
I ain't yelling at you, I'm yelling at the ****wads who dump animals. If I posted on here every time I find dogs and cats by my place I'd be posting a couple times a month. One of these days I'm gonna catch em'. I'll probably be posting from the prison up the road afterward.

you just don't post that much because you don't want us to figure out what's in your chili

i can't wait to try the Nucular Lab/Australian Shepherd batch

C&CDean
5/29/2008, 04:08 PM
you just don't post that much because you don't want us to figure out what's in your chili

i can't wait to try the Nucular Lab/Australian Shepherd batch

Heh. Those ain't peppercorns in there, those are ticks.

SweetPup1221
5/29/2008, 04:15 PM
I love those pups.

r5TPsooner
5/29/2008, 04:19 PM
This might be a silly question but are any of them potty trained. The wife no like poop and pee in her new pad.

The kids would go ape for a new pet.

soonerbrat
5/29/2008, 04:24 PM
some of them are potty trained, probably. i looked at the website and they had some older dogs there.

C&CDean
5/29/2008, 04:25 PM
Hell, I thought he was talking to me. If so, the answer would be no, they're not potty trained, they're dead.

soonerbrat
5/29/2008, 04:26 PM
here's their website, btw

http://www.okbr.org/onlineapp.html

Sooner Schemer
5/29/2008, 11:03 PM
This happens everytime a dog breed gets popular. People think they're cute and don't research what they're getting into. Every breed has its quirks that you have to live with.
Spay Oklahoma (http://www.spayok.org/)

yermom
5/29/2008, 11:07 PM
the whole state? that seems excessive

Sooner_Havok
5/30/2008, 09:24 AM
Spay Oklahoma (http://www.spayok.org/)

Shouldn't Oklahoma be neutered?

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h152/havok0283/oklahoma-county-map.jpg

olevetonahill
5/30/2008, 09:31 AM
Ill Pay fer spayin But stay away from the Boys !:mad:

r5TPsooner
5/30/2008, 09:53 AM
Brat, I'm gonna speak to my wife about this in detail tonight. The little ones really want a dog and we have a huge house and an even bigger back yard. Our oldest son really loves pets, so if we can find one that's potty trained, maybe I can take one off your hands.

What's the cost and what's involved in owning one?

You can peem me if you'd like with the details.

Tulsa_Fireman
5/30/2008, 10:13 AM
Beagles are popular now?

Uggh. Ain't much out there more annoying than a baying beagle.

Helluva coon dog, though.

Taxman71
5/30/2008, 11:44 AM
Brat, I'm gonna speak to my wife about this in detail tonight. The little ones really want a dog and we have a huge house and an even bigger back yard. Our oldest son really loves pets, so if we can find one that's potty trained, maybe I can take one off your hands.

What's the cost and what's involved in owning one?

You can peem me if you'd like with the details.

Having 2 little ones myself and owning all kinds of dogs over the years, I can say that beagles are the most kid-friendly dogs I have seen. Our beagle has never come close to being aggressive (much less biting) despite kids yanking on her ears, pulling food away, stepping on her and trying to ride her. As a bonus, a beagle will eat EVERYTHING that touches the ground or is within their reach. So, they keep the place clean of food, but you learn not to leave food laying around.

The only negative is they shed alot (like most any short-hair). The barking/baying isn't bad, but they are stubborn about yelping if you try to turn an inside dog (like mine) into an outside dog (like I do during good weather) while everyone is inside. Mine thinks she is a lapdog and hates to be isolated from the family, but the 4 year old loves it when he gets to sleep next to her.