PDA

View Full Version : What Happened by Scott McClellan

JohnnyMack
5/29/2008, 10:25 AM
Have we talked about this yet? I been outta the loop.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1810019,00.html

Has been branded a traitor and burned at the stake of public opinion yet?

Fugue
5/29/2008, 10:40 AM
I'm not questioning the content but my first thought was that he is writing this for the anti-Bush folks to maximize $.

yermom
5/29/2008, 11:02 AM
well, once Bush is out of office, that info isn't going to be near as hot

i'd imagine he would have written it anyway though

C&CDean
5/29/2008, 11:03 AM
Meh. Another money grubbing loser writes a book.

mdklatt
5/29/2008, 11:07 AM
Trent Duffy, who worked as McClellan's deputy for more than two years, said of the avid University of Texas sports fan: "Tomorrow maybe we're going to learn he's rooting for the Oklahoma Sooners."

:D

85Sooner
5/29/2008, 11:08 AM
He is from a political family down here is texas. His mom has been elected to several offices. She ( Carol Keeton Rylander etc....has been married what???????????//4-5 times. She has switched parties from dem to rep once she decided to go out of the political realm that is Austin (liberal as all get out) and wanted to run for state office and finally figured out that repubs are the main folks in the state.

He was brought up a liberal and has always been but saw the opportiunity to be in the "show" once W was elected and rode it for all it was worth.

He may need to be applying at 7-11 before its all over cause no one is gonna trust a word he says.

Bush has been stung EVERY time he has reached accross the aisle. Too bad he doesn't learn from his mistakes.

mdklatt
5/29/2008, 11:08 AM
my first thought was that he is writing this for the anti-Bush folks to maximize $.

The market has spoken: Bush sucks!

sooner n houston
5/29/2008, 11:10 AM
Has been branded a traitor and burned at the stake of public opinion yet?

More like exaulted by the liberal media and other pole smokers everywhere!

Oooops, forgot the :D

mdklatt
5/29/2008, 11:13 AM
no one is gonna trust a word he says

That ship sailed a long time ago.

85Sooner
5/29/2008, 11:28 AM
That ship sailed a long time ago.

Even his mates bro.

mdklatt
5/29/2008, 11:53 AM
Even his mates bro.

So doesn't that make you think he's probably telling the truth when he says he had an attack of conscience?

r5TPsooner
5/29/2008, 11:54 AM
Meh. Another money grubbing loser writes a book.

Cha-Ching.

soonerscuba
5/29/2008, 12:10 PM
Bush has been stung EVERY time he has reached accross the aisle. Too bad he doesn't learn from his mistakes.
Huh? McClellan served at the pleasure of the President, and was a holdover from his time as governor. If hiring someone whose parent isn't in the same party is your (or Bush's) definition of "reaching across the aisle" then you deserve to be burned. This book proves two things to me 1) McClellan is after some cash and 2) Bush's ability to place people into specific tasks is the worst of anybody to ever hold the office. There are too many examples of this to even begin to list.

SleestakSooner
5/29/2008, 12:23 PM
This book will change absolutely no one's opinion. If you don't believe Bush and staff were BSing us by now you never will.

It is fun to watch the rats jump ship though.

C&CDean
5/29/2008, 12:27 PM
This book will change absolutely no one's opinion. If you don't believe Bush and staff were BSing us by now you never will.

Yup. I prefer the rats jump now and join the rest of the clamoring vermin.

SleestakSooner
5/29/2008, 12:36 PM
Yup. I prefer the rats jump now and join the rest of the clamoring vermin.

:oink:

Animal Mother
5/29/2008, 12:43 PM

Exactly! What ship? Bush's legacy went down long ago with Katrina. If you need this book to sway you against him you've been in a cave since 2001. This happens to every president. This time it's just more credible in my "book".

C&CDean
5/29/2008, 12:51 PM
Exactly! What ship? Bush's legacy went down long ago with Katrina. If you need this book to sway you against him you've been in a cave since 2001. This happens to every president. This time it's just more credible in my "book".

Holy ****. You didn't just say "Katrina" and "Bush" in the same sentence did you? Professional help could be the only thing that might save you from yourself...

Sooner_Havok
5/29/2008, 01:00 PM
Holy ****. You didn't just say "Katrina" and "Bush" in the same sentence did you? Professional help could be the only thing that might save you from yourself...

Favorite quote from that:

Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job!

LosAngelesSooner
5/29/2008, 01:21 PM
When someone says what you want to hear/believe, that person is "telling the truth" and is a "loyal American."

When someone says what you don't want to hear/believe, that person is "a money grubbing liar" and is "only out for the cash."

:rolleyes:

Dude, whether he's telling the truth or not, whether he's "loyal to the party" or not, he's really just one of a growing number of former Bush staffers and loyalists who are all starting to tell the same tale. And the truth can be found somewhere in the overall general story being told by all of them.

And after Dubya is out of office (God I can't WAIT for that GLORIOUS DAY) there will be SO much more stuff that will come out about him.

And the loyalists will still cry foul. And the haters will still cry truth.

Meh.

C&CDean
5/29/2008, 01:47 PM
When someone says what you want to hear/believe, that person is "telling the truth" and is a "loyal American."

When someone says what you don't want to hear/believe, that person is "a money grubbing liar" and is "only out for the cash."

:rolleyes:

Dude, whether he's telling the truth or not, whether he's "loyal to the party" or not, he's really just one of a growing number of former Bush staffers and loyalists who are all starting to tell the same tale. And the truth can be found somewhere in the overall general story being told by all of them.

And after Dubya is out of office (God I can't WAIT for that GLORIOUS DAY) there will be SO much more stuff that will come out about him.

And the loyalists will still cry foul. And the haters will still cry truth.

Meh.

Well, you got one word in that whole post right.

And I guess in your world the day Brack or whoever steps into office there's going to be some miraculous "glorious" change along with 21 virgins descending from heaven for you? Maybe some fireworks and orchestra music? Meh is right.

Nothing will change. The machine will continue to roll along and chew people up and spit them out. We'll be in Iraq, the economy will still roller coaster like it always has, people will still be bitching about every aspect of their pathetic lives, losers will continue to blame their elected leaders for their own personal shortcomings, and on and on and on.

But I guess guys like you always have your bases covered. After a couple years of Brack, it'll be "hey, I'm a Republican, what can I say??" Meh again.

LosAngelesSooner
5/29/2008, 02:09 PM
Well, you got all the words in that whole post right.

And I guess in your world the day McCain steps into office there's going to be a President with a whole, functional brain in the White House who is able to reach across the aisle instead of trying to polarize this country on every single issue because he has a tiny, tiny little penis.
Yes.

:)

Chuck Bao
5/29/2008, 02:44 PM
It's quite easy to be cynical about the current administration.

I would hope that this is unusual for even Washington.

Whoever is in the White House after the next election, I would hope that administration decisions are driven more by what is good for America rather than what is good for the president and his cronies.

Maybe I'm naive, but I seriously think McClellan is doing us all a big favor and warning of this ability of an administration to hoodwink Amercia through a compliant White House press corp.

Does anyone else get this?

Questioning administration policy during the war was clearly seen as unpatriotic and very much off limits. But, in a sense, some questions needed to be raised at that time.

sooner n houston
5/29/2008, 03:09 PM
Can anyone show any examples of Obama "reaching across the aisle" in his career? From where I sit he is the most partisan of partisans!

picasso
5/29/2008, 03:53 PM
same crap that happened to Clinton. they're all wankers.

Sooner_Havok
5/29/2008, 03:57 PM
Can anyone show any examples of Obama "reaching across the aisle" in his career? From where I sit he is the most partisan of partisans!

here (http://coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=LatestNews.PressReleases&ContentRecord_id=8dcb8c35-802a-23ad-4d37-9c8ea9c43460)

def_lazer_fc
5/29/2008, 05:16 PM
leave it to havok to throw in "facts" and study a subject before posting about it.

Sooner_Havok
5/29/2008, 05:18 PM
leave it to havok to throw in "facts" and study a subject before posting about it.

Crap, I was supposed to stop finding facts. Old habits die hard.

Sooner5030
5/29/2008, 05:26 PM
His job was information operations and yet he complains about propaganda. He didn't get paid to provide analysis or opinions on decision making. He got paid to sell the message once the decisions were made.

And I am not sure why it's going to be such a glorious day when GWB leaves office. Do you really believe that BO, HC or JM are gonna solve all your problems? Just like the (D) congress was gonna get us outta Iraq. These politicians are just in competition to promise the voter more free shiat.