PDA

View Full Version : Death Toll in Iraq rises...

Sooner_Havok
5/28/2008, 05:50 PM
but not from bullets or IEDs.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/05/28/soldier.electrocutions/index.html)

Really, we can't fix this problem? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rogue
5/28/2008, 06:06 PM
Tragic and weird.

Sooner_Havok
5/28/2008, 06:12 PM
Tragic and weird.

That is just freaking ridiculous.

Harry Beanbag
5/28/2008, 06:20 PM
Awful.

Sooner_Havok
5/28/2008, 06:25 PM
Awful.

Yup, you spend all day dodging bullets and rockets, just to be done in because some lazy *** forgot to ground the shower.

Melo
5/28/2008, 07:26 PM
My boyfriend served 15 months in Iraq, and has a few creepy stories like this one. Such as the man he saw beheaded, due to some genius wearing his headphones to his ipod, while using heavy machinery. Wasnt paying attention and dropped a crate on some poor guy...

mdklatt
5/28/2008, 07:44 PM
Maseth, 24, was not the first. At least 12 U.S. troops have been electrocuted in Iraq since the start of the war in 2003, according to military and government officials.

This is outrageous.

Sooner_Havok
5/28/2008, 07:48 PM
This is outrageous.

Yeah, pretty much. First one, tragic accident. 2-12, criminal ineptitude.

mdklatt
5/28/2008, 07:50 PM

I wonder if contractors are responsible for these accidents? Sue the CEOs themselves for negligence. Or just take them out back and shoot them.

Sooner_Havok
5/28/2008, 07:54 PM
I wonder if contractors are responsible for these accidents? Sue the CEOs themselves for negligence. Or just take them out back and shoot them.

unfortunately no one will ever be held accountable for this.

mdklatt
5/28/2008, 07:58 PM

Somebody damn well better be. Towards the end of that article:

KBR noted "several safety issues concerning the improper grounding of electrical devices." But KBR's contract did not cover "fixing potential hazards." It covered repairing items only after they broke down.

Only after Maseth died did the Army issue an emergency order for KBR to finally fix the electrical problems, and that order was carried out soon thereafter.

Of course, KBR would be Kellogg, Brown & Root, of Halliburton/Cheney/no-bid contract fame.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/28/2008, 08:14 PM
Hang in there, cut & runners! Pretty soon the death toll will START TO GO DOWN!

mdklatt
5/28/2008, 08:25 PM

If we leave now, all our troops electrocuted by the incompetence of other Americans will have died in vain!

:rolleyes:

StoopTroup
5/28/2008, 09:48 PM
I hope they are compensated for the negligent loss of their Son.

Sadly..I have little hope of that occuring.

Since he's dead...he probably stands a better chance of the IRS trying to audit him for back taxes.

Sooner_Havok
5/28/2008, 10:20 PM

Funny how he posts despite the fact that he can't see my original post. He has no idea. I am outraged by 12 of our finest dying in vein in a gross act of incompetence, as are the rest of you, but to him we are cut & runners. Well congratulations Mr. RLIMC, you are a complete buffoon. Go listen to your radio and let it tell you what to think. Maybe after Rush tells you you should be outraged about the conditions are soldiers are subjected to off the battle field, you can join the rest of us in our outrage.

SoonerKnight
5/29/2008, 02:22 AM
Funny how he posts despite the fact that he can't see my original post. He has no idea. I am outraged by 12 of our finest dying in vein in a gross act of incompetence, as are the rest of you, but to him we are cut & runners. Well congratulations Mr. RLIMC, you are a complete buffoon. Go listen to your radio and let it tell you what to think. Maybe after Rush tells you you should be outraged about the conditions are soldiers are subjected to off the battle field, you can join the rest of us in our outrage.

Rush won't tell him and I heard about this a long time ago on Air America radio. KBR will not be punished and that is not the worst of it they gave our soldiers water that was not clean as well as when the shower didn't kill them the water was basically toxic waste they were showering in. I have seen the photos of the skin problems the soldiers had because of the water. Nasty stuff people. Eisenhower was right about the military complex. He said before he left office that the government should fight trying to privatize our military and that's what they have done. This is the big cost of the war. Civilian cooks in a war zone?

C&CDean
5/29/2008, 07:55 AM
Not to discount the tragedy here, but there's hundreds of thousands of veterans out there from severals wars who just wish they'd of had a shower.

Sooner_Havok
5/29/2008, 10:25 AM
Not to discount the tragedy here, but there's hundreds of thousands of veterans out there from severals wars who just wish they'd of had a shower.

I won't disagree with you there. I just think that an active duty serviceman shouldn't be playing Russian roulette by taking a shower.

But you are right, we have some soul searching to do as a country about the way we treat those current and former servicemen and women.

OklahomaRed
5/29/2008, 10:33 AM
Our servicemen should have the best equipment we can give them. They should not be getting killed by ineptness. However, to expect that crap doesn't happen, even in the best run military (which I think our's is), which happens every day in the good old USA, is to expect a little too much perfection. If I were this kids parent, I would be pizzed, and I would demand that something happens to minimize unecessary risk to his buddies that are still over there putting their lives at risk to minimize our risks at home. I am all for getting them out of there as fast as possible, but lets not pull out so fast that it leaves a vacuum for evil dictators to move right back in, or to leave the U.S. with a rep of leaving when the going gets tough, or we get weak at home because a price has to be paid to promote our hope that others in other countries can live without fear of tyranny? :(

Sooner_Havok
5/29/2008, 12:13 PM
Our servicemen should have the best equipment we can give them. They should not be getting killed by ineptness. However, to expect that crap doesn't happen, even in the best run military (which I think our's is), which happens every day in the good old USA, is to expect a little too much perfection. If I were this kids parent, I would be pizzed, and I would demand that something happens to minimize unecessary risk to his buddies that are still over there putting their lives at risk to minimize our risks at home. I am all for getting them out of there as fast as possible, but lets not pull out so fast that it leaves a vacuum for evil dictators to move right back in, or to leave the U.S. with a rep of leaving when the going gets tough, or we get weak at home because a price has to be paid to promote our hope that others in other countries can live without fear of tyranny? :(

Agreed. I just think that RLIMC has the mindset that for every military person that makes it home alive and unscathed, the terrorists win. It is a war zone, so I think everyone can understand that life in base camps isn't going to equate to staying in a Hilton, but to call people that are upset that our boys aren't getting the best treatment possible in their bases over there cut & runners just seems stupid beyond all comprehension. Right, cause Harry is a definite cut & runner :rolleyes:

Animal Mother
5/29/2008, 12:58 PM
Agreed. I just think that RLIMC has the mindset that for every military person that makes it home alive and unscathed, the terrorists win. It is a war zone, so I think everyone can understand that life in base camps isn't going to equate to staying in a Hilton, but to call people that are upset that our boys aren't getting the best treatment possible in their bases over there cut & runners just seems stupid beyond all comprehension. Right, cause Harry is a definite cut & runner :rolleyes:

One more time for those that missed it.

Mantra of talk radio listeners.

"Give me my opinion."
"Give me my opinion."
"Give me my opinion."
"Give me my opinion."

Sooner_Havok
5/29/2008, 01:34 PM
War sucks. **** happens. If you are angry about it, enlist and go fix it.

Getting shot = risk of being a soldier
Getting blown up = risk of being a soldier
Losing limbs = risk of being a soldier
Friendly Fire = risk of being a soldier
Dying in combat = risk of being a soldier

Dying in the shower cause some bureaucratic *** hat didn't learn that electrical **** near water needs to be properly grounded after the first 11 troops died ≠ something horribly wrong that needs to be addressed and resolved. Actually = **** happens, get over it.

Gotcha

C&CDean
5/29/2008, 01:41 PM

Dying in the shower cause some bureaucratic *** hat didn't learn that electrical **** near water needs to be properly grounded after the first 11 troops died ≠ something horribly wrong that needs to be addressed and resolved. Actually = **** happens, get over it.

Gotcha

Back off. More soldiers get killed in training/motor vehicle/aircraft/unfortunate electrocutions/all manner of weird **** than what have died in the Iraq war. Hell, more Americans have died from tornadoes this year than in Iraq. Stop acting all outraged.

olevetonahill
5/29/2008, 01:59 PM
Friendly Fire = Aint
Id be Mo ****ed about friendly fire deaths than a ****ed up shower

Sooner_Havok
5/29/2008, 02:05 PM
Back off. More soldiers get killed in training/motor vehicle/aircraft/unfortunate electrocutions/all manner of weird **** than what have died in the Iraq war. Hell, more Americans have died from tornadoes this year than in Iraq. Stop acting all outraged.

Look, training exercises are risky. Just cause it has the word training in it doesn't mean it is risk free. If all 12 had died in a mortar attack on the bases, I would agree and chalk it up to the cost of war. But they didn't. 12 people died because someone was to lazy to ground some electrical lines is just plain wrong.

And what do tornado deaths have to do with this? They are acts of god, not of someone's ineptitude. You can't stop a tornado from forming, you can stop bad wiring.

Sooner_Havok
5/29/2008, 02:15 PM
Friendly Fire = Aint
Id be Mo ****ed about friendly fire deaths than a ****ed up shower

Well you aren't supposed to get ****ed about friendly fire. When people bring up Pat Tillman they get the "Friendly fire is part of war" jive.

C&CDean
5/29/2008, 03:25 PM
Look, training exercises are risky. Just cause it has the word training in it doesn't mean it is risk free. If all 12 had died in a mortar attack on the bases, I would agree and chalk it up to the cost of war. But they didn't. 12 people died because someone was to lazy to ground some electrical lines is just plain wrong.

And what do tornado deaths have to do with this? They are acts of god, not of someone's ineptitude. You can't stop a tornado from forming, you can stop bad wiring.

Then how about saying "some POS electrician screwed the pooch on the wiring job" rather than blaming it on Cheney, Bush, and the government.

Sooner_Havok
5/29/2008, 03:40 PM
Then how about saying "some POS electrician screwed the pooch on the wiring job" rather than blaming it on Cheney, Bush, and the government.

Ummm, I don't think I blamed it in Cheney, Bush, or the government but I will have to look to make sure.

Sooner_Havok
5/29/2008, 03:46 PM
but not from bullets or IEDs.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/05/28/soldier.electrocutions/index.html)

Really, we can't fix this problem? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That is just freaking ridiculous.

Yup, you spend all day dodging bullets and rockets, just to be done in because some lazy *** forgot to ground the shower.

I won't disagree with you there. I just think that an active duty serviceman shouldn't be playing Russian roulette by taking a shower.

But you are right, we have some soul searching to do as a country about the way we treat those current and former servicemen and women.

Gotcha

Well you aren't supposed to get ****ed about friendly fire. When people bring up Pat Tillman they get the "Friendly fire is part of war" jive.

This is everything I have said in this thread up to when I said I would check to see if I bashed Bush, Cheney, or the government. I bashed RLIMC, bureaucrats, RLIMC again, lazy people, inept people, and "called" Harry a cut & runner. I never mentioned either of those two people, or the government.

Edit: I was critical of the way we here in the USA handle our war veterans, that could be seen as an attack on the government I suppose, but it was meant as an attack on the way all Americans treat and view our veterans, not just the feds.

Animal Mother
5/29/2008, 05:07 PM
This is everything I have said in this thread up to when I said I would check to see if I bashed Bush, Cheney, or the government. I bashed RLIMC, bureaucrats, RLIMC again, lazy people, inept people, and "called" Harry a cut & runner. I never mentioned either of those two people, or the government.

Edit: I was critical of the way we here in the USA handle our war veterans, that could be seen as an attack on the government I suppose, but it was meant as an attack on the way all Americans treat and view our veterans, not just the feds.

Sticking to the facts is just another diversionary liberal tactic.

C&CDean
5/30/2008, 08:16 AM
Sticking to the facts is just another diversionary liberal tactic.

How the **** would you know?

Hell, you couldn't handle the facts....

olevetonahill
5/30/2008, 08:19 AM
How the **** would you know?

Hell, you couldn't handle the facts....

Facts Bro
In 5 Years , Been less than I week Death In Nam
:D
Am I wrong ?

Sooner_Havok
5/30/2008, 09:16 AM
Facts Bro
In 5 Years , Been less than I week Death In Nam
Am I wrong ?

Nope, I would say you are right.

olevetonahill
5/30/2008, 09:23 AM
Nope, I would say you are right.

12 died By a ****ed up showere system ?
Hell Bro 12 Died in the Nam in a week By NO showeres !
Just sayin
They told Us there was 100 species of Snakes In the Nam
\ 99 Of em Bite you , Sit urass down lite Up a smoke , cause Its the Last thing you gonna enjoy
Smartass that I am said Sarge ? whatabout the other 1 . Sarge said Dont worry about it Boy that one swallows you whole :mad:

Sooner_Havok
5/30/2008, 09:33 AM
12 died By a ****ed up showere system ?
Hell Bro 12 Died in the Nam in a week By NO showeres !
Just sayin
They told Us there was 100 species of Snakes In the Nam
\ 99 Of em Bite you , Sit urass down lite Up a smoke , cause Its the Last thing you gonna enjoy
Smartass that I am said Sarge ? whatabout the other 1 . Sarge said Dont worry about it Boy that one swallows you whole :mad:

Snakes are still a different thing though. US military can't be expected to clear a jungle of snakes to make soldiers safe. Some two-bit contractor should be able to properly wire a shower though. And as for the no shower thing, you telling me in 30+ years we have only moved from no showers to death showers?

I get what you and Dean are trying to say. That a lot more people have died because of a lot of different ****. I get it, I really do. But it doesn't compare when one is something that cannot be remedied, and the other is an easily corrected problem.

You can't clear a jungle of snakes, you can't take munitions away from a opposing army, you can't stop a tornado. You can make sure that you have properly grounded wiring.

olevetonahill
5/30/2008, 09:42 AM
Havok
Any Grunt worth his Boots Is gonna get Hisass wet where ever He /she can.
We had 55 gals of water hung up high to showereunder
I dont under stand the Lectric prob
Field showers were Nothing More than a Barrel of water suspended Up high . we got to walk under get wet , soap , then go back and rinse
Hve you heard about how we Had to shat ?

olevetonahill
5/30/2008, 09:43 AM
see MY Humor In uniform
I told Flag But I guess I need to pass this on :pop: