PDA

View Full Version : For those that will get a vasectomy

tbl
5/28/2008, 04:35 PM
When the doctor says to take it easy, by gosh take it easy.

I got snipped last Thursday, took it completely easy all holiday weekend with no pain or discomfort at all (seriously, none at all), then resumed working out yesterday. I took it light overall and STILL ended up getting sore (not in my muscles). Now I'm sitting here with two grape sized lumps above the boys and a steady discomfort/slight pain in my nugget pouch. I played drums for a bit after I got finished working out so I'm thinking that might have been the cause since I was wailing a little bit. The Dr office said it wasn't infected but that I just overdid it and they tend to lean toward the drumming being the main culprit.

Apparently having hot and schwetty balls 5 days post op is not the best method for healing. Who knew?

yermom
5/28/2008, 04:40 PM
my uncle was doped up on pain pills and played softball the same day

bad things happened.

i'm thinking i'm not going to have this problem.

Mjcpr
5/28/2008, 04:41 PM
I have never had a condom hurt me.

tbl
5/28/2008, 04:49 PM
Overall it was not a bad experience at all and I would still suggest it to anybody that is finished having kids (for sure). This one was my bad. Had I listened to them I would still be fine, but thats not how I roll. I tend to learn the hard way. I should have made an exception when it came to my boys, but I didn't think it through too well.

I'm going to pop another 4 Ibuprofen, then chase it with some leftover hydrocodone I found. Happy trails...

Harry Beanbag
5/28/2008, 04:49 PM

I have. Damn those things are TIGHT.

<ba-dump crash>

:)

NormanPride
5/28/2008, 04:50 PM

Howzit must not like the freaky stuff, then.

C&CDean
5/28/2008, 04:57 PM
1. I can't have kids because I'm not plumbed that way.

2. If the bitch don't want no more kids then she can get her own damn self cut.

3. Nobody is getting within 2 feet of my rollies with a sharp instrument.

4. I'm a bull, not a steer.

The End.

yermom
5/28/2008, 05:01 PM
word, Dean.

tbl
5/28/2008, 05:07 PM
No sharp instrument, scalpel free. Well... there was the shot, but that didn't hurt.

We talked about a tubal for her, but there are MANY more potential problems with that than with the V. I talked to a bunch of guys about it prior and never heard anything bad whereas every woman she talked to that had a tubal had something bad to say about it.

C&CDean
5/28/2008, 05:10 PM
No sharp instrument, scalpel free. Well... there was the shot, but that didn't hurt.

We talked about a tubal for her, but there are MANY more potential problems with that than with the V. I talked to a bunch of guys about it prior and never heard anything bad whereas every woman she talked to that had a tubal had something bad to say about it.

I'm of the thought that there isn't ANYTHING more potentially problematical than some dude cutting on my nuts.

SoonerInKCMO
5/28/2008, 05:17 PM
whereas every woman she talked to that had a tubal had something bad to say about it.

Bitches complain a lot though. ;)

Harry Beanbag
5/28/2008, 05:30 PM
I'm of the thought that there isn't ANYTHING more potentially problematical than some dude cutting on my nuts.

Other than a railroad spike?

r5TPsooner
5/28/2008, 05:33 PM
The wife went thru natural child birth three different times being a real trooper each time. The least I could do was have a five minute procedure on my nuts to rule out any other pregnancies.

Listen to the doctor afterwards and you'll do just fine on average.

C&CDean
5/28/2008, 05:47 PM
Other than a railroad spike?

Might just be the cause of my scrote/pointed instrument paranoia...even though it was the dull end of the railroad spike that dented my taint.

C&CDean
5/28/2008, 05:49 PM
The wife went thru natural child birth three different times being a real trooper each time. The least I could do was have a five minute procedure on my nuts to rule out any other pregnancies.

Listen to the doctor afterwards and you'll do just fine on average.

Yeah, but whatcha gonna do when she comes home pregnant? :texan:

Sooner_Havok
5/28/2008, 05:52 PM

Proclaim a miracle. :confused:

Rogue
5/28/2008, 05:58 PM

I'm in complete agreement with this.

tbl
5/28/2008, 06:27 PM
Oh my gosh... I'm so stupid. This is getting ridiculous. It started off as a mild annoyance, but its gradually turned into a constant swift kick in the nuts feeling that won't go away. Seriously... I've taken 1 hydrocodone, 1/2 a muscle relaxer, 2 tylenol, 3 ibuprofen, and downed it all with a glass of amaretto (we don't drink but happened to find an old bottle stuffed up in the pantry). If this is still going on tomorrow I'm calling them and DEMANDING they write a scrip for some hardcore medicine.

Seriously folks... when they say take it easy, take it easy. Up until that point I was completely fine, not hurting or uncomfortable in the least. IDIOT!!!

stoops the eternal pimp
5/28/2008, 06:27 PM
I was snipped a couple of years ago..no problems..did it on a thursday..rested all weekend and started back to work monday....I didnt try and work out or drum tho

tbl
5/28/2008, 06:29 PM
Wise decision my friend...

r5TPsooner
5/28/2008, 06:29 PM

Take the biatch to court.:pop:

stoops the eternal pimp
5/28/2008, 06:31 PM
biggest thing I was worried about was my 2 year old at the time jumping on them....

BTW for pain relief I recommend 1 oxycontin, 2 percosat and your drink of choice....working well for me right now

tbl
5/28/2008, 06:34 PM
The pills I took were years old, and we're now out of both. I have some Darvocet left, but I don't htink that'll do much good... however I will try it. I'm getting loopy as mess from the cocktail I made earlier, but my balls still hurt... so fail.

However a lot of the posts on the SO are much funnier to me now, so maybe not complete fail.

tbl
5/28/2008, 06:37 PM
I always save my pain pills just in case, but I didn't ever think it would be b/c my scrote has 2 additional testicles of pain residing in it. They're like swollen grapes of misery, latched onto my severed vas deferenz.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/28/2008, 06:37 PM
pain meds dont make the pain go away...they just help you smile some..

Darvocet is weak sauce!

tulsaoilerfan
5/28/2008, 09:05 PM

Ain't that the truth

tulsaoilerfan
5/28/2008, 09:07 PM
My .02 on this subject; a buddy that used to work with me got fixed a long time ago; he eventually got re-married to a gal about 15 yrs younger than him that wanted some young 'uns; he got unsnipped, had twins, then she left him holding both sets of twins.

StoopTroup
5/28/2008, 09:44 PM
After all the sh*t that's happened to me in the last 2 years...

There is no way a Doctor is going to get near the only thing that I'm not currently experiencing pain from.

Oldnslo
5/28/2008, 10:39 PM
I said to the Wife Unit, "But what if my next wife wants kids?"

then I got the snip.

wasn't too bad. Now, I say, "Wanna see my scar?"

frankensooner
5/29/2008, 09:43 AM
After turning my foot around backwards, the snip was nothing. Sorry to hear of your pain tbl. Here is to a quick recovery.

SouthFortySooner
5/29/2008, 11:37 AM

Uhhh.... Dean, they cut out your VAS DEFERENS, not your nuts. Kinda aside and apart. Note: they are attached to your jawbone, when the dr. pulled mine out to snip i said aww awww aww ever time. :eek:

C&CDean
5/29/2008, 12:22 PM
Uhhh.... Dean, they cut out your VAS DEFERENS, not your nuts. Kinda aside and apart. Note: they are attached to your jawbone, when the dr. pulled mine out to snip i said aww awww aww ever time. :eek:

Last time I checked, the tubes that carry sperm to my manhood are within 2 feet of my nutsack. The two-foot rule applies. No. Sharp. Instruments.

Hamhock
5/29/2008, 12:35 PM
i went in for the procedure, but the nurse started crying and the Dr. said he felt like he was cutting Secretariat.

tbl
5/29/2008, 02:08 PM
We must have went to the same Doctor... :D

Hamhock
5/29/2008, 02:21 PM
for the record..i've added a kid to my family after the procedure.

if she's go the itch, there are other ways.

frankensooner
5/29/2008, 02:21 PM
Pinch hitter? ;)

Hamhock
5/29/2008, 02:23 PM
Pinch hitter? ;)

sorta...adoption.

now i have a baby mama.

tbl
5/29/2008, 02:24 PM
If we ever get the craving for more kids down the road, we feel perfectly fine with adopting. The pregnancies are just too tough on her, plus 3 kids in the house with the oldest being four is enough to drive anybody to a V.

BillyBall
5/29/2008, 02:25 PM
We must have went to the same Doctor... :D

This is completely off the subject, but how in Gods name do you have 1.25M posts? That is unreal...

Sooner_Havok
5/29/2008, 02:27 PM
This is completely off the subject, but how in Gods name do you have 1.25M posts? That is unreal...

This is on the topic. Your name is mildly inappropriate in context with the topics of this thread :D

Hamhock
5/29/2008, 02:28 PM
If we ever get the craving for more kids down the road, we feel perfectly fine with adopting. The pregnancies are just too tough on her, plus 3 kids in the house with the oldest being four is enough to drive anybody to a V.

we were in teh exact same boat.

plus, i've always wanted a baby mama.

frankensooner
5/29/2008, 02:37 PM

wow, that is a personal question. tbl, show him what 1.25M posts can do to a neg hammer! ;) I keed.

BillyBall
5/29/2008, 02:39 PM
I had no intentions of being disrespectful, I just am amazed at the post count. I feel like I post all the damn time and I have 2K.

tbl
5/29/2008, 02:44 PM
I took the red pill and saw how far the rabbit hole went...

Taxman71
5/29/2008, 02:58 PM
Hearing a golf buddy describe the doc squeezing his purple, orange-sized nuts together to get the blood out of them after not "resting" properly after getting snipped cured me of ever getting it done.

Hamhock
5/29/2008, 03:01 PM
the coolest part was being in the stirrups, seeing smoke rising from by loins, and being too high to care.

frankensooner
5/29/2008, 03:27 PM
I made 'em give me an extra valium. Yes I am a drug seeker. ;)

BillyBall
5/29/2008, 03:29 PM
Hearing a golf buddy describe the doc squeezing his purple, orange-sized nuts together to get the blood out of them after not "resting" properly after getting snipped cured me of ever getting it done.

Just reading that made me shiver...

tbl
5/29/2008, 03:35 PM
Fortunately mine aren't infected, so no purple or orange sized anything going on. Just grape sized knots of annoying pain.

No stirrups for me. Laid flat on the table with my package pulled up through a hole in the sheet. The most uncomfortable part was him tying a rubber band around my bell end then clipping it to my shirt with hemo's to keep the dong out of his way. I about punched him in the face when he tied the dry rubber band around and it pulled the skin.

C&CDean
5/29/2008, 03:44 PM
Yeah, like I'm gonna pay a couple thou to have some dude rubberband my dick to my belly and cut my balls open.

Besides, I don't need to be snipped. We practice Texas birth control. It's called "swallowing."

soonerbrat
5/29/2008, 03:45 PM
:rolleyes:

BillyBall
5/29/2008, 03:47 PM
We practice Texas birth control. It's called "swallowing."

Thats ****ing hilarious, I dont care who you are.

frankensooner
5/29/2008, 03:47 PM
Dean is so colorful. ;)

tbl
5/29/2008, 03:50 PM
Yeah, like I'm gonna pay a couple thou to have some dude rubberband my dick to my belly and cut my balls open.

Besides, I don't need to be snipped. We practice Texas birth control. It's called "swallowing."

$35 co-pay. That saves us money over the pill, not to mention no crazies from the hormonal imbalance (though there is still the standard hormonal crazies to deal with).

and the Texas birth control is a night on its own that only happens during that time of the month. To do that after would be skanky. :texan:

Hamhock
5/29/2008, 03:50 PM

don't forget the smell and smoke from your own nuts being cauterized.

C&CDean
5/29/2008, 03:52 PM
:rolleyes:

You need to find a new icon for your "men are pigs" rolleyes.

Hamhock
5/29/2008, 03:53 PM
$35 co-pay. That saves us money over the pill, not to mention no crazies from the hormonal imbalance (though there is still the standard hormonal crazies to deal with).

and the Texas birth control is a night on its own that only happens during that time of the month. To do that after would be skanky. :texan:

you guys are pigs.

tbl
5/29/2008, 03:53 PM
No smoke or cauterization either. No stitches. No scalpel. Did you guys go to a torture dungeon? Mine was extremely simple and during I didn't have any problems.

soonerbrat
5/29/2008, 03:55 PM
You need to find a new icon for your "men are pigs" rolleyes.

yep, can you make one for me?

Hamhock
5/29/2008, 03:56 PM
No smoke or cauterization either. No stitches. No scalpel. Did you guys go to a torture dungeon? Mine was extremely simple and during I didn't have any problems.

i paid extra for it.

are you sure they got the job done?

i knew a guy who's chiropractor said he could do it.

frankensooner
5/29/2008, 03:56 PM
Did your guy use the crochet hook thing? I have no idear what my guy was using.

soonerbrat
5/29/2008, 03:58 PM
i paid extra for it.

are you sure they got the job done?

i knew a guy who's chiropractor said he could do it.

they just need to give you the right adjustment.

C&CDean
5/29/2008, 04:04 PM
yep, can you make one for me?

:oink: ??

soonerbrat
5/29/2008, 04:07 PM
perfect!

Hamhock
5/29/2008, 04:08 PM
now go make me a sammich.

tbl
5/29/2008, 04:34 PM
I had my eyes glued to the ceiling. Not a chance I was looking down....

Harry Beanbag
5/29/2008, 05:48 PM
Did your guy use the crochet hook thing?

My God.

yermom
5/29/2008, 06:21 PM
I had my eyes glued to the ceiling. Not a chance I was looking down....

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/5/29/ceilingcatis128565768348107086.jpg

dolemitesooner
5/29/2008, 06:56 PM
I cant stop ****ing laughing.

Hook thing..wtf?

Harry Beanbag
5/29/2008, 07:09 PM
http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/Pictures/2007/06/08/hostel460.jpg

tbl
5/29/2008, 07:13 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/5/29/ceilingcatis128565768348107086.jpg

:D