PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on with this place?

achiro
5/28/2008, 11:28 AM
Carter tells the world how many nukes the US, UK, and most importantly, Israel has.
Obama makes up an uncle and a heroic event.
and Sharon Stone blames "Karma"

and not one post about any of it? Whats going on with this place?:confused:

sooner_born_1960
5/28/2008, 11:57 AM
Carter doesn't know how many nukes anyone has.
I've got a neighbor who makes stuff up. Just as relevant.
I'll have to look into the Sharon Stone thing.

sooner_born_1960
5/28/2008, 12:02 PM
As to Stone's karma comment, who cares?

achiro
5/28/2008, 02:33 PM
As to Stone's karma comment, who cares?

Oh, I agree but this is/was the SO we are talking about.;)

Frozen Sooner
5/28/2008, 02:44 PM
Obama makes up an uncle and a heroic event.

Um, no, he didn't. He said his uncle, who did exist, was part of the liberation of Auschwitz, when he was actually part of the liberation of Buchenwald. He corrected his mistake later in the same day he made the statement.

You forgot to mention John McCain failing to show up for a vote on a bill to expand military benefits-a bill he spoke out against.

Harry Beanbag
5/28/2008, 03:00 PM
I like this Obamaism...

On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong.

sooner_born_1960
5/28/2008, 03:13 PM
He sees dead people.

achiro
5/28/2008, 03:47 PM
Um, no, he didn't. He said his uncle, who did exist, was part of the liberation of Auschwitz, when he was actually part of the liberation of Buchenwald. He corrected his mistake later in the same day he made the statement.
Seriously?!?!?! :eek: WOW! :eek:

No, OK, so really? REALLY? You REALLY took the time to type out a correction to a statement not even meant to be..ah, nevermind, it's just not worth it when you have to explain sarcasm or a joke. I guess the fun really has just left the building.

Sooner_Havok
5/28/2008, 03:54 PM
Political threads are soooo two weeks ago :D

Frozen Sooner
5/28/2008, 04:04 PM
yes, I did take the time to correct a GOP party-line falsehood. Because, you know, NOBODY on here has EVER tried to smear Obama with something they got from an e-mail or anything. Otherwise, why would you decry the lack of discussion of a complete nonissue?

Harry Beanbag
5/28/2008, 04:14 PM
yes, I did take the time to correct a GOP party-line falsehood. Because, you know, NOBODY on here has EVER tried to smear Obama with something they got from an e-mail or anything. Otherwise, why would you decry the lack of discussion of a complete nonissue?

Exactly. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to smear Obama. :)

r5TPsooner
5/28/2008, 04:16 PM
Obama is the black version of Bill Clinton, only with bigger ears.

achiro
5/28/2008, 05:11 PM
I didn't tell the "whole" story on the other two either but I didn't see you jumping in to correct those. Look, I said nothing incorrect about Obama, he doesn't have an uncle, he has a GREAT uncle. He certainly wasn't in Auschwitz and we may never know for sure if he was ever in Buchenwald. I get a kick out of any politician that makes crap up or juices up the truth a bit to impress certain audiences(see us hillbillies clinging to our guns), Bill was great at it, Hillary not so much, and Obama not so much too it seems but I know now that you are apparently one of the many Obama apologists that have allowed him to pretty much cruise through this entire primary process without question. ;)

yermom
5/28/2008, 05:24 PM
see this place is running just fine, i don't see your problem :D

Rogue
5/28/2008, 05:34 PM
Not to mention McClellan's book deal.

C&CDean
5/28/2008, 05:52 PM
There were black folks in Auschwitz?

oufan1
5/28/2008, 06:31 PM

So you're saying he is NOT a Marxist Muslim?

soonerboy_odanorth
5/28/2008, 10:38 PM
Can't we scrap all three and just start over? Seriously. This is the best our nation can do?

I'm disgusted.

GottaHavePride
5/28/2008, 11:32 PM
There were black folks in Auschwitz?

Man, I am SO tempted to follow that one up with the good old "My great uncle died in Auschwitz. He fell out of a guard tower." line.

But I think a lot of people would miss the joke there. Heh.

Sooner Schemer
5/28/2008, 11:48 PM
I'll have to look into the Sharon Stone thing.Rent "Basic Instinct".

TMcGee86
5/29/2008, 02:11 PM

You forgot to mention John McCain failing to show up for a vote on a bill to expand military benefits-a bill he spoke out against.

Actually, no. His uncle doesn't exist. His mom's an only child.

His great uncle does exist, but he wasn't at Auschwitz, and in fact, there weren't any American's liberating it, that would be the Russians. Surely someone as intelligent as Obama is supposed to be would know that. (I can only imagine the uproar if Bush would have said this)

And his great-uncle was not part of the liberation of Buchenwald, because... well, he was in the Navy.

Face it, he lied. Just like he has many, many times before.

I swear, I hate Bush as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't use a mechanic if he was inncorrect / lied as much as Obama.

And that's a guy that fixes cars.

Shouldn't one have the same standards for a man we are handing the entire nation to?

Sooner_Havok
5/29/2008, 02:13 PM
Actually, no. His uncle doesn't exists. His mom's an only child.

His great uncle does exist, but he wasn't at Auschwitz, and in fact, there weren't any American's liberating it, that would be the Russians. Surely someone as intelligent as Obama is supposed to be would know that. (I can only imagine the uproar if Bush would have said this)

And his great-uncle was not part of the liberation of Buchenwald, because... well, he was in the Navy.

I swear, I hate Bush as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't use a mechanic if he was inncorrect / lied as much as Obama.

Shouldn't one have the same standards for a man we are handing the entire nation to?

To be fair, I call my great uncle "Uncle Jon"

The rest may be lies, but I couldn't fault the guy for the uncle bit

TMcGee86
5/29/2008, 02:17 PM
To be fair, I call my great uncle "Uncle Jon"

The rest may be lies, but I couldn't fault the guy for the uncle bit

I agree with that. I do the same thing.

TMcGee86
5/29/2008, 02:18 PM
And before anyone says it, yes, I call his great uncle "Uncle Jon".

We're tight like that. ;)

Sooner_Havok
5/29/2008, 02:25 PM
And before anyone says it, yes, I call his great uncle "Uncle Jon".

We're tight like that. ;)

:D

Frozen Sooner
5/29/2008, 04:42 PM

Do you have a reputable link stating that the great-uncle in question served in the Navy and not the 89th Infantry?

Charlie Payne, by the way, is the name of the great-uncle in question.

According to the 89th Infantry, he was there at Buchenwald:
http://www.89infdivww2.org/

Now, unless the Navy has a heretofore-unknown division known as the 89th Infantry, it doesn't seem to me that Charlie Payne was in the Navy in WW2.

picasso
5/29/2008, 04:54 PM
I did a Karmen once.

def_lazer_fc
5/29/2008, 04:58 PM
this just in from fox news. obama has another crazy preacher. well, not his preacher, nor part of his denomination, but the guy totally spoke at his church on sunday. now of course obama wasn't there, and there's only a small snippet of what he said, but still. red meat! red meat!!

Rogue
5/29/2008, 05:00 PM

Now, unless the Navy has a heretofore-unknown division known as the 89th Infantry, it doesn't seem to me that Charlie Payne was in the Navy in WW2.

:les:You and your damn facts!

picasso
5/29/2008, 05:00 PM
this just in from fox news. obama has another crazy preacher. well, not his preacher, nor part of his denomination, but the guy totally spoke at his church on sunday. now of course obama wasn't there, and there's only a small snippet of what he said, but still. red meat! red meat!!

weak. I've heard said preacher's entire message. it wasn't taken out of context. jeez, how can you be an apologist for that loon.

yermom
5/29/2008, 05:01 PM
:les:You and your damn facts!

you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Sooner_Havok
5/29/2008, 05:03 PM
facts can be used to prove anything that's even remotely true

I hate that about facts:mad:

After mai tornado thread, I am never looking up facts that cold refute one of mai claims ever again:D

Animal Mother
5/29/2008, 05:20 PM
I'd bet that 80% of the posters on any board have no idea about the death camps of WWII except for what they've read since the "we got nothin' crowd" has tried to make a dripping zit out of this stress bump of a non-incident. Pathetic. Since the Japanese bombed Haiphong Harbor during the Crimean War, no one has their facts straight.

Harry Beanbag
5/29/2008, 06:12 PM
I'd bet that 80% of the posters on any board have no idea about the death camps of WWII except for what they've read since the "we got nothin' crowd" has tried to make a dripping zit out of this stress bump of a non-incident. Pathetic. Since the Japanese bombed Haiphong Harbor during the Crimean War, no one has their facts straight.

:confused:

Sooner_Bob
5/29/2008, 06:17 PM
Yeah, this place has pretty much went into the tank . . . is that RIP SO thread still around here?

Mjcpr
5/29/2008, 06:20 PM
Yeah, this place has pretty much went into the tank . . . is that RIP SO thread still around here?

**** off, Bob.

Mongo
5/29/2008, 06:26 PM
uh oh

Jerk
5/29/2008, 06:40 PM

For the past 8 years, Bush has been given a lot of crap by the 'all we have is big government' crowd every time he makes a blunder in a speach or press conference. Turn about is fair play. If Hussien is going to be the leader of The US Americans (all 57 states;)) I'm sure he can handle a little teasing. Besides, we still have a lot of oil to steal in The Iraq, and there's some up north where the polar bears are, too.

Sooner_Havok
5/29/2008, 06:42 PM
For the past 8 years, Bush has been given a lot of crap by the 'all we have is big government' crowd every time he makes a blunder in a speach or press conference. Turn about is fair play. If Hussien is going to be the leader of The US Americans (all 57 states;)) I'm sure he can handle a little teasing. Besides, we still have a lot of oil to steal in The Iraq, and there's some up north where the polar bears are, too.

Ah, a fellow practitioner of the Golden Rule I see. :D

Sooner_Bob
5/30/2008, 03:34 PM
**** off, Bob.

:gary:

SoonerInKCMO
5/30/2008, 04:04 PM

Jerk is this girl? http://www.wnd.com/images2/upton.jpg

Jerk
5/30/2008, 04:18 PM

Jerk is this girl?

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3842/misssouthcarolinajm6de5.jpg

Mjcpr
5/30/2008, 07:47 PM
:gary:

Go **** yourself, Bob.

Sorry, I misremembered it. :D

SleestakSooner
5/30/2008, 08:57 PM

Let's nit pick shall we? :rolleyes:

I had several Great-great aunts that I visited often as a child. I NEVER EVAR called any of them Great-great auntie Pearl. It was always aunt Pearl or just auntie. It is complete bull sheet for anyone to claim Obama lied about having an uncle.

Now as far as the liberation of Buchenwald is concerned, acting as support for fighting troops can be just as dangerous and should be equally lauded. Last I checked the U.S. Navy is still a branch of the military.

This is just like the gun-boat morons putting down Kerry's military service while making little of Bush's lack there of.

Why are those stuck on the right so willing and able to believe any lie that is fed to them as long as it happens to be a republican holding the spoon?

Harry Beanbag
5/30/2008, 11:51 PM
Now as far as the liberation of Buchenwald is concerned, acting as support for fighting troops can be just as dangerous and should be equally lauded. Last I checked the U.S. Navy is still a branch of the military.

I don't know if Barack's uncle/great uncle or whatever was in the Army liberating Auschwitz/Buchenwald or not. Mike says he was, I really don't care because I wouldn't vote for the SOB if there was a gun pointed to my head. But to say that if he was in the Navy offshore of Buchenwald, which is probably 800 miles from the coast, is the same as being there is flat out stupid.

Why are those stuck on the left so willing and able to believe any lie that is fed to them as long as it happens to be a democrat holding the spoon?

Fixed and right back atcha.

Frozen Sooner
5/31/2008, 12:06 AM
Minor correction:

Mike has seen no credible evidence that Obama's great(:rolleyes:)-uncle was not at Buchenwald other than some blog postings saying he was in the Navy. A website dedicated to the history of the 89th Infantry says that he was in the 89th infantry and participated in the liberation of Buchenwald, and having no reason to disbelieve them I'm taking them at their word.

And if the male person who is the brother of one of his direct ancestors being present at the liberation of a concentration camp proves to be a fabrication, I will be extremely disappointed in Senator Obama.

I think now's where I point out that Ronald Reagan claimed to be a part of the European invasion when he was in Hollywood making movies.

JohnnyMack
5/31/2008, 12:16 AM
I blame myself for the sag this place has seen over the last week.

I'll be back in Tulsa tomorrow late and will be back in power Monday at the latest.

**** you Pat.

And you too Mongo.

The rest of you can **** my ****ing ****. You sorry ****s.

Mongo
5/31/2008, 12:19 AM
I blame myself for the sag this place has seen over the last week.

I'll be back in Tulsa tomorrow late and will be back in power Monday at the latest.

**** you Pat.

And you too Mongo.

The rest of you can **** my ****ing ****. You sorry ****s.

I didnt do a damn thing wrong.

what fabric softener does your wife use? yalls sheets smell fantastic

Mjcpr
5/31/2008, 12:20 AM
Sheets was the only thing, though.

JohnnyMack
5/31/2008, 12:20 AM
Bounce?

Mjcpr
5/31/2008, 12:21 AM
Bounce?

Eh, for a while. But you don't want to hear about all that.

Mongo
5/31/2008, 12:23 AM
I thought I smelled a hint of Pat to them too

JohnnyMack
5/31/2008, 12:24 AM
Pat smells like Spam.

It's disconcerting.

Mjcpr
5/31/2008, 12:25 AM
For a brief period of time, I made a sumo belt out of his non-fitted sheet. We were drunk on buttery nipples that night.

Mongo
5/31/2008, 12:26 AM
I think I got the pink eye from the pillow case

Mjcpr
5/31/2008, 12:27 AM
I had an eye on it too, but it wasn't pink.

JohnnyMack
If I get home and all my Bailey's is gone I will shiv you.

Vaevictis
I think now's where I point out that Ronald Reagan claimed to be a part of the European invasion when he was in Hollywood making movies.

:les: HOLLYWOOD WAS PART OF THE WAR EFFORT TOO! HIS MOVIES WERE SEEN BY SOLDIERS EVERYWHERE, INCLUDING EUROPE!@#

No really, it's true.

Mjcpr
5/31/2008, 12:32 AM
If I get home and all my Bailey's is gone I will shiv you.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised, Mongo is crazy for the chocolate.

JohnnyMack
5/31/2008, 12:34 AM
I thought he liked the cinnamon roll...

Mongo
5/31/2008, 12:35 AM
I dont discriminate

Mjcpr
5/31/2008, 12:35 AM
Six inches of one, half a foot of the other.

JohnnyMack
5/31/2008, 12:36 AM
Maybe if he ****ed her twice.

Mongo
5/31/2008, 12:37 AM
I must have gave your wife 24 inches while you were gone

JohnnyMack
5/31/2008, 12:39 AM
Good. That means I can get some sleep when I get home. And if the next kid looks like Sloth from the Goonies I'm sending you the bill.

Mongo
5/31/2008, 12:41 AM
if it comes out with a mustache, it aint mine. I couldnt grow one to save my life

Frozen Sooner
5/31/2008, 12:52 AM
Good. That means I can get some sleep when I get home. And if the next kid looks like Sloth from the Goonies I'm sending you the bill.

Let me get this straight:

You think if your wife pushes out a womb-turnip that looks like Sloth that the OB/GYN's gonna send you a bill?

He's going to send you a box of chocolates and flowers arranged to say "DON'T SUE ME!!!!"

SleestakSooner
5/31/2008, 06:33 AM
I don't know if Barack's uncle/great uncle or whatever was in the Army liberating Auschwitz/Buchenwald or not. Mike says he was, I really don't care because I wouldn't vote for the SOB if there was a gun pointed to my head. But to say that if he was in the Navy offshore of Buchenwald, which is probably 800 miles from the coast, is the same as being there is flat out stupid.

Actually, about 285 miles from Amsterdam... good guess though. I'm sure those bombers couldn't possibly fly that far.:rolleyes:

TMcGee86
5/31/2008, 08:22 AM
Do you have a reputable link stating that the great-uncle in question served in the Navy and not the 89th Infantry?

Charlie Payne, by the way, is the name of the great-uncle in question.

The links I had said that his uncle was Charles W. Payne from Kansas. It was a big topic on a radio talk show I listen to here in Houston. Charles W. Payne was in the Navy.

However, apparently everyone now agrees that his uncle was indeed Charles T. Payne.

If that's the case, then he was right about that and I don't fault him as much for calling him an uncle, as I said, I do that all the time.

However I don't take back the sentiment that he lies (or "misspeaks") far too often for me to trust him as a President.

And I still don't understand how a guy as intelligent as BO doesn't know that Auschwitz was liberated by the Russians. The whole reason I was contemplating voting for the guy was because I'm sick of having an idiot in the White House and I felt that at least BO is smart and well spoken, if slightly too liberal for my tastes.

TMcGee86
5/31/2008, 08:33 AM
Let's nit pick shall we? :rolleyes:

I had several Great-great aunts that I visited often as a child. I NEVER EVAR called any of them Great-great auntie Pearl. It was always aunt Pearl or just auntie. It is complete bull sheet for anyone to claim Obama lied about having an uncle.

This is just like the gun-boat morons putting down Kerry's military service while making little of Bush's lack there of.

Why are those stuck on the right so willing and able to believe any lie that is fed to them as long as it happens to be a republican holding the spoon?

Well, I agree with you about looking past Bush's service, or lack there of, to downplay Kerry's.

Unfortunately for the libs this go around, I don't think anyone is going to get very far questioning McCain's service. Especially considering who he's running against, be it BO or Clinton.

And I've already said I agree that I call my great-uncles "uncle", the point is, this guy cannot seem to help himself when it comes to making up stories.

Be it his father's flag draped coffin, that his parents met at the Selma rally, or that his father came over on the Kennedy Africa Bill, or the article in Life magazine that never happened, the man lies more than any politician I have ever seen.

That or he must be a friend of Clemens and is adept at misremembering things.

Harry Beanbag
5/31/2008, 08:43 AM
Actually, about 285 miles from Amsterdam... good guess though. I'm sure those bombers couldn't possibly fly that far.:rolleyes:

What bombers? What are you rambling about now?

achiro
5/31/2008, 10:11 AM

I find this hysterical. Obama is the one getting caught time and time again in these lies and you are apparently still defending him BUT its the republicans drinking the kool aid?:confused: :rolleyes: