PDA

View Full Version : Creepy Old Ladies in Towels

Viking Kitten
5/27/2008, 06:02 PM
Is anybody as disturbed as I am by the commercial for Evista? Evista is an osteoporosis medicine, which is just super and all. But why are a bunch of dead-behind-the-eyes old women staring at me? Why are they all wearing bath towels? Why is their environment so... sterile? It's like a Stepford Wives experiment gone horribly, horribly wrong. Creeeepy.

(BTW... I promise I am not watching "Matlock" or "Murder She Wrote" or the Lifetime Network or some other crappy show that targets the menopause demographic. I have to watch the news channels at work and it's on all the freaking time, right after the "F-R-E-E that spells Free, Credit Report.com baby!" commercial. That one gets stuck in your brain too.)

yermom
5/27/2008, 06:26 PM
i hate your commercials, but i love your product

tommieharris91
5/27/2008, 06:29 PM
Is anybody as disturbed as I am by the commercial for Evista? Evista is an osteoporosis medicine, which is just super and all. But why are a bunch of dead-behind-the-eyes old women staring at me? Why are they all wearing bath towels? Why is their environment so... sterile? It's like a Stepford Wives experiment gone horribly, horribly wrong. Creeeepy.

(BTW... I promise I am not watching "Matlock" or "Murder She Wrote" or the Lifetime Network or some other crappy show that targets the menopause demographic. I have to watch the news channels at work and it's on all the freaking time, right after the "F-R-E-E that spells Free, Credit Report.com baby!" commercial. That one gets stuck in your brain too.)

I think I see some of these ads while watching Cub games on WGN. It makes me wonder what kind of people watch baseball...

BudSooner
5/27/2008, 06:39 PM
Actually, I find them quite hawt. ;)

bri
5/27/2008, 07:06 PM
I think I see some of these ads while watching Cub games on WGN. It makes me wonder what kind of people watch baseball...

Apparently the kind that was alive the last time we won a Series.

ZANG!

swardboy
5/27/2008, 08:17 PM
"I seriously underestimated the creepiness..."

Harry Beanbag
5/28/2008, 08:52 AM
It's better than the creepy old men without towels at my gym.

mdklatt
5/28/2008, 09:10 AM
It's better than the creepy old men without towels at my gym.

When you think about it, it's got to be liberating to be old enough that you just don't give a damn what people think anymore.

M
5/28/2008, 09:15 AM
VK, why do you hate post-menopausal women?

Harry Beanbag
5/28/2008, 09:28 AM
When you think about it, it's got to be liberating to be old enough that you just don't give a damn what people think anymore.

True. But I still bear the mental scars of walking in the locker room and seeing some 87 year old dude rolling deodorant on his foot long scrotum. :(

frankensooner
5/28/2008, 09:35 AM
Obligatory :hot:

SoonerJack
5/28/2008, 09:41 AM
True. But I still bear the mental scars of walking in the locker room and seeing some 87 year old dude rolling deodorant on his foot long scrotum. :(

I could have done without reading that one. :eek:

Viking Kitten
5/28/2008, 09:43 AM

OMG. HB wins the thread.

I walked into my pilates class a bit late one time, and had to take the last available place directly behind an man in his mid-60s or so. He was wearing loose shorts. We were instructed to get on all fours for leg extensions. As soon as this happened, I was treated to a full-on display his old, saggy junk. Dear God. I'm still traumatized.

dolemitesooner
5/28/2008, 11:49 AM
I love old womens

Harry Beanbag
5/28/2008, 04:18 PM
OMG. HB wins the thread.

I walked into my pilates class a bit late one time, and had to take the last available place directly behind an man in his mid-60s or so. He was wearing loose shorts. We were instructed to get on all fours for leg extensions. As soon as this happened, I was treated to a full-on display his old, saggy junk. Dear God. I'm still traumatized.

I can empathize with you. There was this other time that an even older naked dude had one leg up on the sink flossing with a towel. I vomited on the spot, but I had to respect the flexibility that he still possessed. :)

SoonerStormchaser
5/28/2008, 04:20 PM
Actually, I find them quite hawt. ;)

You stay away from my wife!

Obligatory :hot:

Obligatory middle finger :rolleyes:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/28/2008, 10:55 PM
OMG. HB wins the thread.

Eww. I lap swim at the OCCC pool on occasion. A few years ago, O-Trip was holding a prom dress sale in the gym. Almost every nook and cranny of the ladies locker room was filled with teens and taffeta. . .except for the area where the geriatric water aerobic class was changing out of their wet swimsuits. There wasn't anything modest about them.

mdklatt
5/28/2008, 11:20 PM

You'll get to pay it forward when you're that age.

Animal Mother
5/30/2008, 04:56 PM

O.K.!!!

No soup for me!!!!!