PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Travel

soonerhubs
5/27/2008, 10:57 AM
Mine was eventful. The Mrs, two dogs, and I drove back from Utah yesterday and were making killer time all the way to Salina, KS. (Side note: I counted 7 Toyota Priuses on I-70 in Colorado alone.)
Once we hit 135 South we hit some UGLY weather, and we pulled over in Wichita to avoid the hail under the roof of a car wash. This is when it got worse. As the rain kept falling and the floods came up, people kept trying to traverse a swamped road way that was easily above the tire wells of compact cars.

I got angry because I couldn't just stand there while a lady tried to push her car out of a flooded street she had no business driving down, so I pulled off the shoes and ran out there in Flip Flops pushing her car to dry land. The flooded street trapped us in the Car Wash parking for a good hour, but it finally went down and we got home by 1:30 AM. The light-show to the East was amazing as ball lightning covered the sky.

Maybe a boring post, but did anyone else have an eventful Memorial Day.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/27/2008, 10:59 AM
Its about 40 miles from the lake house to the house so we were on the lake late yesterday before heading back....

soonermix
5/27/2008, 11:02 AM
the most eventful thing that happened to me was that i saw a pre-season college football magazine as i waited around at the airport.

soonerbrat
5/27/2008, 11:07 AM
I played Mario Kart and went to a movie.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/27/2008, 11:08 AM
Well I spent 3 days on the beach with my leg propped up so I didnt do anything exciting but here's the lowdown on something that happeneed at the Ragweed concert Sunday evening:

Some friends of mine where leaving the Cross Canadian Ragweed concert in Eufaula Sunday night and as they were leaving they were talking to an 18 year old girl we all know from Mcalester..

As they are talking this grown man jumps on the girls back and starts throwing punches..As fast as they can they pull him off of her but as they pull him off he sticks his fingers in her mouth and pulls on her lips until he rips her mouth on each side...Kudos to my boys for giving him a beatdown before calling the cops as he got quite a few kicks to the head from some steel toed boots...

While they were beating him down he kept screaming he was sorry he thought she was this guy that tried to start crap with him earlier...This didn't slow my boys down tho....They told me they thought they cracked about every rib in his body

StoopTroup
5/27/2008, 11:10 AM
You mean it's over already?

Oh sh*t...I better get to work. :D ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
5/27/2008, 11:11 AM
nah...I m at work but I m not gonna do work today...Its like the day after Christmas

SoonerStormchaser
5/27/2008, 11:35 AM
The wife and I were stuck in Cincinnati longer than we wanted to be cause Comair couldn't get their **** together and schedule aircrews properly.