PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please

StoopTroup
5/27/2008, 06:43 AM
Hey Folks. Lots seem to be happening in my life again.

Many of you know that I've had health issues and that my Mom is fighting Pancreatic Cancer and that Dad is 80 and has had a Quadruple bypass and currently wears a pacemaker to help steady his rhythms. My youngest Brother is beating treated still over his last Grand Maul seisure which landed him in the Hospital in January. Although he's getting better, he still is unable to drive. His work allows him to work from Home. Thank God for the IT Security Business. My Second Brother is the one who's six year old House caught fire and he and his Wife and three children ended up in a Motel for two weeks until they could find a rental Home to live in while their Home is rebuilt/refurbished. Thank God nobody got hurt.

Saturday my own health issues hit again and my condition worsened. Saw the Docs Saturday, A Doc I actually knew. I guess God works in mysterious ways as he really took his time and did lab work and more x-rays. He adjusted my medications and this morning I am going to go see my regular Doctor just to make sure he knows we changed a few things. I am feeling better. Not completely but better.

Well...here's the next one.

Last night my Dad called and I could tell he was upset. MY Oldest Brother, whom I have never met as he is from a marriage my Dad had a very long time ago. Dad has been married to my Mom for 51 years come July 4th, if that gives you any idea. Doug, my Brother is 59. He, like my Dad, has had bypass Surgery. Doug's was over 10 years ago. He was about my current age when all this happened. His medical History looks almost like mine.

Last night Dad says to me that Doug is going in this morning for some procedures that are very serious and are considered very risky.

Please send your thoughts, well wishes and/or Prayers to Doug and his Family as he has this procedure today. I wish him a speedy recovery.

I'd like to meet him and today I'm going to check into what the costs are to fly up there and do just that. I have put this off for way to long. I only actually knew where he lived (Pittsburg, Pennsylvania) for 18 of my last years and now realize that this is something I need to do.

As Mom is very sick and I know Dad will want to go, I have to be careful here that I either go and don't tell Dad I'm going or work this out with my Family so that Mom is taken care of closely while we're gone for a few days.

I also need to work all this out with the Bosses at work. They have been pretty nice about the times I've had to take off and now I have a huge one to ask for.

Anyway...Thanks for listening/reading my little rant.

And Thanks for your Thoughts, Prayers and well wishes in advance.

ST

crawfish
5/27/2008, 06:45 AM
Prayers for you and all your family. You guys have a lot on your plate. :(

Jerk
5/27/2008, 06:47 AM
Done.

StoopTroup
5/27/2008, 06:48 AM
Prayers for you and all your family. You guys have a lot on your plate. :(

That we do. lol.

Hey...I just send my last installment in to pay for my OU tickets.

Things are looking up. :D

Boomer.....
5/27/2008, 07:23 AM
Done. Sorry for all yours and your family's troubles.

StoopTroup
5/27/2008, 07:28 AM
Just to note...

As bad as all this has been...

I am completely rock solid in the fact that it all will get better no matter the outcome.

The support you guys give is just awesome.

The other folks in Our Family though are really having some trouble with it all.

I face every bit of it head on and with a strong chin and stiff upper lip.

There will be no Aggieing it up through any of this.

Turd_Ferguson
5/27/2008, 07:32 AM
In. Prayer's sent.

nmsoonergirl
5/27/2008, 07:48 AM
Sorry about everything that is going on. Prayers sent.

TUSooner
5/27/2008, 07:53 AM
Praying for you and yours.

OUDoc
5/27/2008, 08:25 AM
Best wishes for your family.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/27/2008, 08:36 AM
In fer da Troup

soonerhubs
5/27/2008, 08:37 AM
Many prayers sent yours and your family's way StoopTroup.

royalfan5
5/27/2008, 09:17 AM
In

OKC-SLC
5/27/2008, 09:47 AM
Done.

SoonerStormchaser
5/27/2008, 10:24 AM
Hang in there...hope the storm weakens soon.

r5TPsooner
5/27/2008, 10:39 AM
Prayers for you & yours.

leavingthezoo
5/27/2008, 10:43 AM
wow man. lots of thoughts, prayers and good vibes headed your way!

olevetonahill
5/27/2008, 11:06 AM
In Bro

Flagstaffsooner
5/27/2008, 12:04 PM
Prayers from the Mountain. Hang in there Pal.

sooner_born_1960
5/27/2008, 12:11 PM
StoopTroup, prayers have been said for you and yours.

NormanPride
5/27/2008, 01:22 PM
In. The Troup will return!

GrapevineSooner
5/27/2008, 01:26 PM
Prayers in for the Troup.