PDA

View Full Version : Tornado Time again....

SteelClip49
5/27/2008, 01:22 AM
Not saying there will be any but it's getting serious W, NW and NE of Oklahoma City so be safe everyone. There are Tornado and Severe storm warnings and I know we are used to this but just hoping everyone will be safe through this.

Jimminy Crimson
5/27/2008, 02:20 AM
Pretty nice system going on right now!

yermom
5/27/2008, 02:35 AM
i basically missed everything driving home from Tulsa just now

i was hitting Norman when the crap was hitting around Frontier City

StoopTroup
5/27/2008, 06:53 AM
Whatever blew through here during the night...well it sure was loud. I almost turned on the TV to see if anyone was going...:gary:

tulsaoilerfan
5/27/2008, 08:28 AM
It rained pretty good here at some point during the night

StoopTroup
5/27/2008, 08:36 AM
I went to LaFortune Golf Course here in Mid-Town Tulsey yesterday and was turned away as it was still a tad to wet to swing away.

The guy there told me that Southlakes was open though so I went there.

I went down 71st St. and across the Arkansas River as it is shorter that way instead of going through Jenks at 91st.

There was one little place in the road where the water was across it but you could tell it had been higher and up on the road in several places during the night.
I would imagine it's impassable this morning.

I miss my 4x4 Truck. I don't miss filling it with gas...but I miss it when stuff like this comes around. :(

soonerbrat
5/27/2008, 08:43 AM
I thought my windows were gonna break last night. even my cats were scared

SoonerStormchaser
5/27/2008, 10:21 AM
I got lots of rain at 3 this morning...good thing too cause I just put down weed n feed.

r5TPsooner
5/27/2008, 10:26 AM
Nuthin like loading three small kids in a storm shelter at 2am. I got to bed around 3:30am and I feel very fresh.

NOT

tulsaoilerfan
5/27/2008, 03:08 PM
One of my co-workers got blown off the road between Checotah and Muskogee around 4am;i was told it rolled a couple of times, but he walked away with minor glass cuts and a knot on his head and is sore, but damn lucky he had on his seatbelt; guess it got pretty windy and stormy in that area from what a friend told me

bluedogok
5/27/2008, 10:29 PM
Reading that title at this time of night reminded me of the old TORTURE TIME AGAIN commercials that Alan Merrill Chevrolet in Yukon used to have during the 10pm news years ago.

OU-HSV
5/27/2008, 10:51 PM
I went to LaFortune Golf Course here in Mid-Town Tulsey yesterday and was turned away as it was still a tad to wet to swing away.

The guy there told me that Southlakes was open though so I went there.

I went down 71st St. and across the Arkansas River as it is shorter that way instead of going through Jenks at 91st.

There was one little place in the road where the water was across it but you could tell it had been higher and up on the road in several places during the night.
I would imagine it's impassable this morning.

I miss my 4x4 Truck. I don't miss filling it with gas...but I miss it when stuff like this comes around. :(

How was Southlakes looking??
I'm supposed to play there this Friday. It's been a year or so since I played there last.

StoopTroup
5/30/2008, 06:50 PM
How was Southlakes looking??
I'm supposed to play there this Friday. It's been a year or so since I played there last.

It looks great but it had just rained two days in a row.

Sorry...I didn't see this till now.

I've been busier than HE double hockey sticks.

OU-HSV
5/30/2008, 09:34 PM
It looks great but it had just rained two days in a row.

Sorry...I didn't see this till now.

I've been busier than HE double hockey sticks.

Well, thanks anyways.
Course was in good shape..other than the greens which looked to have been recently airated (sp?)
I donated plenty 'o golf balls today...played my worst round at southlakes ever.