PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a Jetski/Personal watercraft

85Sooner
5/26/2008, 12:14 PM
I have been thinking about getting a used one just for day running with the kids. Do you have any advice regarding buying, upkeep etc.

I know with boats you have all sort of "extra" costs.

TIA
Happy Memorial Day

Turd_Ferguson
5/26/2008, 12:18 PM
If you go to the lake quite a bit then cool. I weighed it against a four wheeler and thought we'd use the four wheeler much more. I think I was right.

85Sooner
5/26/2008, 12:33 PM
Definitelyt the lake more.

olevetonahill
5/26/2008, 12:36 PM
Rent em . Its cheaper

LoyalFan
5/26/2008, 12:51 PM
If you do buy/rent one, PLEASE be safe (above all) and courteous.
As a frequent bass chaser, I can attest to the sorry behavior of many of that crowd as well as ski/wake boat and pontoon boat operators.
I've had one jetskier arrested and charged with unsafe operation AND Boating Under The Influence in recent times and have had words with several others.
I'm not tarring all with the same brush, be assured, but some folks become total idiots when on the water. That may be said of some fishermen as well, but more and more, we are self-policing our brethren.
Learn and observe the regs and come home safely from each outing.

LF

85Sooner
5/26/2008, 12:55 PM
Oh yes I know what your talking about. This is definetly just for low profile riding. We have a place at Texoma near the islands and I wish they would allow open season on many of those bastages. One nearlt collided with my sister who was water skiing when she was in her mid teens. She swam over and nearly kicked the **** ou of him.

AlbqSooner
5/26/2008, 01:32 PM
Two things to remember about buying a boat (or other watercraft):

1. The happiest two days in a boat owners life are the day he buys a boat and the day he sells it; and,
2. A boat is a hole in the water into which the owner pours money.