PDA

View Full Version : Bob Barr

SicEmBaylor
5/25/2008, 05:44 PM
...just won the Libertarian Party nomination on the 6th ballot. The man almost certainly has my vote though it may require that I switch my registration to Texas which I've always avoided.

I feel a bit weird flirting with the Libertarian Party. It's sort of like flirting with the really hot but slutty chick that you want to hook up with but you know you can't take her out in polite society or to meet your parents.

That party is still very very rough around the edges. I've been watching hours of live convention coverage, and there are some real tools there. One idiot was wearing a Guy Fawkes mask as Barr was giving his acceptance speech. They are very very rough around the edges, but hopefully Barr can polish them up a bit and make them a bit more respectable.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/25/2008, 07:21 PM
It's gonna be entertaining, if he's adequately funded, and willing to go all out. With any luck, he will go after Obama(or Hillry), since McCain won't

VeeJay
5/25/2008, 07:43 PM
I feel a bit weird flirting with the Libertarian Party. It's sort of like flirting with the really hot but slutty chick that you want to hook up with but you know you can't take her out in polite society or to meet your parents.

That should never stop you if you know how to work it.

Keep it up - you're making progress. ;)

Jerk
5/25/2008, 08:08 PM
Waste of time and money.

VeeJay
5/25/2008, 08:22 PM
Waste of time and money.

Flirting with slutty chicks is NOT a waste of time. Money, maybe.

tulsaoilerfan
5/25/2008, 08:52 PM
Flirting with slutty chicks is NOT a waste of time. Money, maybe.

Money definitely unless you have a ton of it, or at least enough to get them wasted. :D

SanJoaquinSooner
5/25/2008, 08:56 PM
As long as she was hot, I was never ashamed to be seen with a slutty babe

VeeJay
5/25/2008, 08:58 PM
Hot and slutty is not always, exclusively, a bad combination.

tommieharris91
5/25/2008, 11:00 PM
Hot and slutty is not always, exclusively, a bad combination.

Well, only when you wake up and your :chicken: burns. Otherwise, it's fantastic. And who said anything about takin her home to mama?

5/28/2008, 12:06 AM
OK SicEm, I'm in. Barr it is! I just don't see McCain as good for the job.(I'm preparing to make the move to Mexico, to live as a subsistence fisherman)

SicEmBaylor
5/28/2008, 12:28 AM
OK SicEm, I'm in. Barr it is! I just don't see McCain as good for the job.(I'm preparing to make the move to Mexico, to live as a subsistence fisherman)

'Atta boy.

Scott D
5/28/2008, 06:36 AM

This is like the official doomsday endorsement in this election year. Want to make sure your candidate loses? Get the endorsement from RLimc. ;)

Rogue
5/28/2008, 06:45 AM
SicEm, I thought you were a Libertarian?

SicEmBaylor
5/28/2008, 03:05 PM
SicEm, I thought you were a Libertarian?

Not by party -- at least not yet though I'm getting there as well.

frankensooner
5/28/2008, 03:11 PM
I thought SicEm was a neo-Confederate?

Southern Party or the Southern Independence Party?

Melo
5/28/2008, 03:27 PM
You WOULD make a post that is all about yourself and some dude.

frankensooner
5/28/2008, 03:32 PM
Nah, the log cabin Republicans wouldn't let him join. ;)

SoonerBBall
5/28/2008, 03:52 PM
I'm in too. It will be nice to cast a vote for a candidate instead of against an idiot. Well, in this case, two idiots.

Also,

Waste of time and money.

Pity reply to troll attempt. I mean Obama Troll. Trollbama?

Sooner_Havok
5/28/2008, 04:14 PM
I'm in too. It will be nice to cast a vote for a candidate instead of against an idiot. Well, in this case, two idiots.

Also,

Pity reply to troll attempt. I mean Obama Troll. Trollbama?

Well, he is right. When was the last time a third party candidate actually won, or came close to winning, a presidential election? I hope Barr can buck the trend and make a dent in this two party system, but I don't see it happening. I would vote for him if I could though.

SicEmBaylor
5/28/2008, 04:41 PM
I thought SicEm was a neo-Confederate?

Southern Party or the Southern Independence Party?

I've always been a Republican. I used to pass out Dole/Kemp push cards and bumper stickers to my teachers in 8th grade.

I'd even write out my "talking points" every night before my civics class the next day.

The GOP has greatly greatly disappointed me though, and I increasingly feel myself alienated from the party on account that I still believe in limited-government.

5/28/2008, 08:34 PM
Keep your eyeballs peeled, fellow conservatives. The Bobster will be on the scene, soon enough, and we can back him in Nov. for the futile protest vote against the Dem and RINO candidates. Yippee, no?