PDA

View Full Version : Orange Bowl

JLEW1818
5/25/2008, 03:17 AM
The Oklahoma Sooners have been in the last two BCS Orange Bowl National Championships, will history repeat it's self? Just throwing that fact out there for you guys!!!

bringit
5/25/2008, 09:17 AM
I hope so... I'm two hours up the road

SteelClip49
5/25/2008, 11:28 AM
I can't see why not.....and OU has won 12 Orange Bowl games. Although it's not the Orange Bowl we are playing for it still is the same place and OU has just as good of chance as some of the other powers.

JLEW1818
5/26/2008, 11:37 AM
yeah it should be interesting, it seems like our best teams under stoops have been when the orange bowl is the bcs championship.

Jack T.
5/26/2008, 02:47 PM
I only remember playing in one (1) Orange Bowl NC game. . .

JLEW1818
5/26/2008, 04:49 PM
Ya I wish it was only one, 04 hurt me.

JLEW1818
5/26/2008, 10:18 PM
12-6 all time Orange bowl record.

SoonerSinger3
5/27/2008, 02:06 AM
yo jlew. i'm just curious. lol why are you obsessed with dominique franks? i graduated with him and trust me he's a great player, but other than the spring game, fillin in for reggie in fiesta bowl, he hasn't had significant playing time. just curious.

JLEW1818
5/27/2008, 03:32 AM
yo jlew. i'm just curious. lol why are you obsessed with dominique franks? i graduated with him and trust me he's a great player, but other than the spring game, fillin in for reggie in fiesta bowl, he hasn't had significant playing time. just curious.

I can just visualize him being the next star defensive back in college football. There is just something about him that makes me think he is going to be the real deal. I'm also a big Nic Harris fan too lol.

SoonerSinger3
5/28/2008, 02:46 PM
i hope you are right. dominique deserves it. he is a genuine down to earth person. Yeah Nic has been one of my favorites the last couple of years even when he didn't get much playing time as a true freshman

JLEW1818
5/28/2008, 03:21 PM
Right on!

KantoSooner
5/28/2008, 03:34 PM
...and I'm way ready to see him and DM back to return kicks. Exactly who do you 'kick away from' in that scenario?

JLEW1818
5/28/2008, 03:39 PM
...and I'm way ready to see him and DM back to return kicks. Exactly who do you 'kick away from' in that scenario?

I hear ya if those 2 guys can stay healthy, we are a pretty dangerous special team.

SoonerinSouthlake
5/28/2008, 08:30 PM
The Oklahoma Sooners have been in the last two BCS Orange Bowl National Championships, will history repeat it's self? Just throwing that fact out there for you guys!!!

Well dont we get to say we actually won the 04 game since the NCAA came down hard on SUC and made them vacate their 04 wins due to the findings in the extensive Reggie Bush investigation?

Sweet we could go for 3 in a row.

SoonerSinger3
5/28/2008, 11:34 PM
Sometimes I cringe when people compare current players to past players, but I can't help but see a resemblence in Franks when he returned punts a few times and when Antonio Perkins used to. Franks seems to have that pigeon toed running style and he seems really patient when looking for a block or seem. If he is half as good as Perkins we will have a great returner. I'm just glad anyone is back there besides Reggie. Reggie had moves, but he couldn't catch the friggin ball sometimes! Cmon Franks! Get our return game back!

hOlden caUlfield...
5/29/2008, 12:11 AM
edit: NM

JLEW1818
5/29/2008, 03:58 AM
Sometimes I cringe when people compare current players to past players, but I can't help but see a resemblence in Franks when he returned punts a few times and when Antonio Perkins used to. Franks seems to have that pigeon toed running style and he seems really patient when looking for a block or seem. If he is half as good as Perkins we will have a great returner. I'm just glad anyone is back there besides Reggie. Reggie had moves, but he couldn't catch the friggin ball sometimes! Cmon Franks! Get our return game back!

I know I make really bold hypothesis, but honestly DOMINIQUE FRANKS IS GOING TO BE BETTER THAN REGGIE SMITH, NIC HARRIS ( WHO I LOVE), PERKINS, AND HOLMES. ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME.... PLEASE STAY WITH ME. HE'S MY BOY THIS YEAR, AND FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS.

SoonerSinger3
5/29/2008, 12:32 PM
better than reggie I agree, lendy I agree, perkins that will be a tall order, and nic harris is really good DB. I hope you're right. He went crazy in the spring game. As long as he stays injury free I think Franks will have a big year.

OUrules
5/29/2008, 01:54 PM
I sure the hell hope so....i already have tix's

JLEW1818
5/29/2008, 01:59 PM
lol ya I'm just throwing stuff out there. Should be fun to watch him this year, with a great spring, and 1 season under his belt.