olevetonahill
5/24/2008, 10:57 PM
For going Off on that shawn Mofo ?
If so could some Email me his addy
Im gonna Hunt that prick down
:mad: :mad: :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary: :gary:

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/24/2008, 11:09 PM
Aww, vet. He's a smarty-*** youngster that had no idea that his smarty-*** words might get him gutted.

I say leave it be. When he sees it and realizes he's upset you he'll surely make sure you know he didn't mean to.

You've seen way too much **** to let one little turd make you this mad. We all know what you went through - so does he and he'll get right with you.

Now have one of those nasty-*** beers you like so much and get your mind right. All's good this fine evening...

SteelClip49
5/24/2008, 11:33 PM
all thanks be to two large groups of people:

the first group are those that fought their way through the revolutionary war

the second group are the boys who kicked nazi and jap *** in the european and pacific theaters respectively.

for the vietnam vets, it sucks you had to go. glad i wasnt born yet.

id be happy to join the military, but they told me im too fat. so im stuck sitting in an airconditioned office playing on the internet and being paid more for it. =(

Olevet, you deserve to be miffed over a comment like this. The comment was unnecessary and has no merit. Maybe I am wrong, but I would think no one would be "happy" to join the military but for some, it's the only choice. And no one is too fat for the military and even if you are....there is a reason why there is a thing called TRAINING. Shaun, you are despicable.

Chuck Bao
5/24/2008, 11:44 PM
I answered in that thread. But, I want to say here that you are not out of line, Olevet. You and your fellow Vietnam vets deserve all of our thanks and support.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/24/2008, 11:58 PM
Just for clarification: I ain't saying vet ain't got a right to be offended...

...I'm just not wanting him to spend his evening being all upset over someone that has no idea what he's talking about. This weekend's hard enough.

Not that he doesn't have a reason - it's just not worth it.

olevetonahill
5/25/2008, 12:19 AM
I agree
I gots the wine settling in the Gal jugs
the Corns a cookin
Im good to go
Thank ya Booty fer helping Me down :D
I dont usually git this wound up .
I appoligese

SteelClip49
5/25/2008, 12:30 AM
I hear ya BSG....matter of fact, I am drinkin an ice cold Bubble Up right now for Olevet just for being Olevet. Monday I will have a couple beers for the service of Olevet and his fellow Vets who made it possible for me to enjoy a brew on such a special day.

olevetonahill
5/25/2008, 03:06 AM
I never picked Cotton
But my Momma did
and My daddy did
:D

StoopTroup
5/25/2008, 03:14 AM
OV...

The History of the Vietnam War and the folks who grew up during that time (as well as any of our other conflicts or Wars for that matter) have very little importance to many people who wake up every morning in this Country. There are many of us who know that our Country was nearly torn apart from the effects of the Vietnam War. If a U.S. Citizen wasn't affected they must not have been on Planet Earth or they must be suffering from some sort of mental illness.

For or against the Vietnam War...your life and the lives of many others were changed forever. IMO the folks who continue to spew hatred towards anyone who gave service to the U.S. really needs mental help. Sure we may never know the truth about all that happened during that time and sure we should always learn from mistakes that occur in past conflicts....but...I for one get choked up and to tears every time I've stood in front of the actual Vietnam Memorial or a Traveling Wall. I get the same way when I visit the Murrah Site in OKC too.

I was not a participant in either but I recognize not only the tragic loss of life but the heroes and the folks who have continued to honor the fallen and help the survivors and Veterans of events such as these.

I visited a Cemetery today as there were a few people I wanted to remember this Memorial Day Weekend. I'm glad I did. I miss them.

Maybe Shaun will educate himself someday.

At the very least...he should work on his Communication Skills.

Also...an apology goes a long way in my book.

Mistakes...I've made a few...

Vaevictis
5/25/2008, 04:53 AM
Hey olvet. You certainly had cause to be offended, but if I may:

Have you ever heard of Hanlon's Razor?

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

I find it saves a lot of high blood pressure moments :)

Harry Beanbag
5/25/2008, 07:42 AM
Hey olvet. You certainly had cause to be offended, but if I may:

Have you ever heard of Hanlon's Razor?

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

I find it saves a lot of high blood pressure moments :)

Thanks. That'll certainly come in handy around here. :)

SoonerStormchaser
5/25/2008, 07:44 AM
I got your back Vet...I'll take all his future frags for ya!

r5TPsooner
5/25/2008, 09:58 AM
This thread is way to important to not be a pole.

BTW, is there a link to the supposed offender's thread?

AlbqSooner
5/25/2008, 10:49 AM
Vet, You only said what many of us thought. Do not apologize or feel out of line.

Part of the problem is that so many posters here were not born during that era and do not have any idea what they are talking about. The other part of the problem is their ignorance does not stop them from talking.

Consider the source and know that you are not alone in your reaction to the post.

Soonerus
5/25/2008, 10:54 AM
This thread is way to important to not be a pole.

BTW, is there a link to the supposed offender's thread?

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113028

shaun4411
5/25/2008, 04:55 PM
i am very curious to know what was so offensive about my comment? seriously. because ive talked to several vets in person who were in that war and said the same thing "that sucks you had to go. and im glad i didnt have to" so it was mostly the same thing. they said "hey i agree. i wish i didnt have to go either" how was an empathetic statement offensive?

was it the "it sucks you had to go " part?

or the "im glad i wasnt born yet" part?

this is not an attempt at me being facetious. i am actually glad i was not alive at the time-- at the very least, not having been alive, of age, and drafted. who wouldnt be? how is that offensive? im glad im not in iraq right now. im glad im not in afghanistan. i understand the sacrafice made by others in my stead. i am thankful that i did not go, nor did i have to go and fight in a war. if invaders came to our country, I would gladly take up arms and defend my country.

so please, tell me why what i said was offensive. i for the life of me dont see why. maybe its my english. maybe its the language barrier. something may be lost in translation. please dont say that i am too stupid to understand why it was offensive. just tell me why you thought it was. because it was never intended that way.

StoopTroup
5/25/2008, 05:03 PM
Hey Shaun...

I thought OV did tell you why he thought what you said was offensive.

How about just ending all this and try and understand that some folks really had it rough during and after the Vietnam War.

Trying to understand may not even be possible.

How about a simple...sorry OV instead of all this trying to figure it out.

Sometimes a guy just wants you to listen to him...and what you might have implied might be an area that it's better to just accept that person was changed forever.

Vaevictis
5/25/2008, 05:11 PM
so please, tell me why what i said was offensive. i for the life of me dont see why. maybe its my english. maybe its the language barrier. something may be lost in translation. please dont say that i am too stupid to understand why it was offensive. just tell me why you thought it was. because it was never intended that way.

The way you worded it reserved the thanks explicitly to the Revolutionary War vets and WWII vets. Additionally, by mentioning Vietnam directly after in the way that you did, you explicitly excluded them from the thanks.

Or at least, that's how I think it's being interpreted.

StoopTroup
5/25/2008, 05:14 PM
Also...

I'm on lots of medication right now and things aren't making much sense for me right now so I'm starting to be offended by my own posts.

I may have to go have a talk with myself.

shaun4411
5/25/2008, 05:14 PM
if his initial reaction wasnt to act like a child and immediately go to all of my posts and neg them, then i may have. but instead, i get all this flack. i dont even know what i did. you talk about different viewpoints on the matter, what about mine? im sittin here getting all this when i dont even know what i did. im sorry that some of you find it offensive that im glad i had no involvement with the whole vietnam issue.

im also glad that i wasnt around back in the 20s before hdtv and microwaves and trans ams. hope nobody's great great grandpa doesnt feel offended by that comment. i think this whole thing got strewn out of control and context because my comment was misinterpreted.

i sent him a message this morning when i got on and found out he didnt like my comment. he ignored it and he continued his barrage of negging, like it is his cute little retaliation.

shaun4411
5/25/2008, 05:18 PM
The way you worded it reserved the thanks explicitly to the Revolutionary War vets and WWII vets. Additionally, by mentioning Vietnam directly after in the way that you did, you explicitly excluded them from the thanks.

Or at least, that's how I think it's being interpreted.

thank you, i can understand that. all my comment was " it sucks you had to go "

let me elaborate. to me, that means that "hey that really sucks that our boys had to go to vietnam and kill and get killed. i agree its a terrible situation"

"im glad i wasnt born yet" -- to elaborate on that; i am surely happy that i was not around at the time. since it was terrible (making reference to the previous comment), me not being around is preferable. to extend the comment, i really meant to say that i am glad i wasnt involved. meaning not of age, and not having been drafted.

hope this explains better. like i said, language barriers. sometimes my english doesnt really come out as well as i think it does.

5/25/2008, 05:19 PM
This is a huge load of horse ****. The kid said something that offended folks.

Drop it, please.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/25/2008, 05:19 PM
Also...

I'm on lots of medication right now and things aren't making much sense for me right now so I'm starting to be offended by my own posts.

I may have to go have a talk with myself.

What are you taking today?

shaun4411
5/25/2008, 05:20 PM
This is a huge load of horse ****. The kid said something that offended folks.

welcome to the internet. someone was offended by someone else's comment.

r5TPsooner
5/25/2008, 05:25 PM
I knew when I read this thread 1st thing this morning that it wouldn't end well.

Vaevictis
hope this explains better. like i said, language barriers. sometimes my english doesnt really come out as well as i think it does.

Just go back to the main thread, and say:

I now understand why what I said was offensive. It was not my intent, and I apologize for the offense given. I truly intended to include all vets in my thanks, and would like to fix that now.

Thanks.

Or something along those lines. It's not hard.

StoopTroup
What are you taking today?

A steroid, a fungal pill, an anti-biotic, a muscle relaxer and 10/500 loritab.

The other side of my jaw is now starting to hurt like the right side. :(

After Church I went to the Gun Show and around 3 I started to hurt.

I went Home immediately and took the pain stuff and the muscle relaxer.

IT'S STARTING TO KICK MY ARSE! :P :pop:

r5TPsooner
5/25/2008, 05:26 PM
How bout we all head to the poker table tonite, say around 10:30 and blow some steam off as well as letting me take some vcash off ya's?

StoopTroup
5/25/2008, 05:28 PM
PM me very loudly...hopefully I'll wake up then. :D

shaun4411
5/25/2008, 05:35 PM
not going to reneg on my comment because some people didnt like it. i made it cause the two biggest groups of vets in my mind were the ones who secured this country fought in those two wars.

not agaisnt vietnam vets at all. not one iota. but it wasnt a defensive war. the VC wasnt coming to america. we werent in danger from them. we stood to gain very little from that war. let me reiterate, this is nothing against those that went, but rather the fact that they had to. that is all.

StoopTroup
5/25/2008, 05:38 PM
Your on your own now.

I even am coming close to calling you an idiot but I don't want to resort to name-calling.

not going to reneg on my comment because some people didnt like it. i made it cause the two biggest groups of vets in my mind were the ones who secured this country fought in those two wars.

not agaisnt vietnam vets at all. not one iota. but it wasnt a defensive war. the VC wasnt coming to america. we werent in danger from them. we stood to gain very little from that war. let me reiterate, this is nothing against those that went, but rather the fact that they had to. that is all.

shaun4411
5/25/2008, 05:41 PM
thats fine. you dont have to agree. i wasnt aware that this was a bad place to share an opinion.

soonerscuba
5/25/2008, 05:45 PM
Shaun, fake an injury and let it go.

To all the Vets, and espcially Iraq and Vietnam ones... thank you, thank you, thank you for your service.

Turd_Ferguson
5/25/2008, 05:51 PM
To all the Vets... thank you, thank you, thank you for your service.Fixed, because that's all that anybody needed to say. Some people can't refrain from inserting their negative ideals into a Thank You.

Fraggle145
5/25/2008, 05:53 PM
I dont understand, why you cant just thank all the vets that have all served this country. you have no right nor (does anyone) to say these deserve thanks, but these dont.

SteelClip49
5/25/2008, 05:54 PM
i made it cause the two biggest groups of vets in my mind were the ones who secured this country fought in those two wars.

not agaisnt vietnam vets at all. not one iota. but it wasnt a defensive war.

last I checked, war is war and people die and make sacrifices for others. Also, you should know that no matter what war, all veterans are the same so don't go dividing veterans with the wars they fought in based on your deal. Ever heard of the VFW? It's not the VFW for WW1 or WW2 or Korean or Vietnam or Iraq or Desert Storm....it's simply the VFW because all fought.

shaun4411
5/25/2008, 06:02 PM
i dont think some deserve recognition over the others. however i do distinguish between the purpose behind our involvement. i didnt mean to say that ww2 and revolutionary war vets were more important. its just that in my mind's eye, for the purpose their wars served, i am especially thankful.

SteelClip49
5/25/2008, 06:08 PM
Why do you think some don't deserve respect over the others?

shaun4411
5/25/2008, 06:13 PM
i didnt say that some deserve respect over others.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/25/2008, 06:14 PM
A steroid, a fungal pill, an anti-biotic, a muscle relaxer and 10/500 loritab.

The other side of my jaw is now starting to hurt like the right side. :(

After Church I went to the Gun Show and around 3 I started to hurt.

I went Home immediately and took the pain stuff and the muscle relaxer.

IT'S STARTING TO KICK MY ARSE! :P :pop:

GOod for you sounds like a great day

1. church
2. dope
3. gun show

badger
5/25/2008, 06:16 PM
http://www.mentalfloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/trashcat_410.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
5/25/2008, 06:17 PM
I walk the line

http://blueringrecords.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/walk%20the%20line%20poster4.JPG

stoops the eternal pimp
5/25/2008, 06:21 PM
I miss this guy

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/061113/061113_kfc_logo_vmed5p.widec.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
5/25/2008, 06:23 PM
and this guyhttp://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060730/060730_eating_vmed_2p.widec.jpg

r5TPsooner
5/25/2008, 06:31 PM

You're not very bright are ya?

stoops the eternal pimp
5/25/2008, 06:31 PM
and this guy http://www.gocreativeworks.com/retiretheworld21/images/World_B_Free.jpg

r5TPsooner
5/25/2008, 06:32 PM
GOod for you sounds like a great day

1. church
2. dope
3. gun show

Everything that a Republican needs.:D

shaun4411
5/25/2008, 06:36 PM
You're not very bright are ya?

explain.

r5TPsooner
5/25/2008, 06:39 PM
explain.

Last time.... Apologize, shake the man's hand and buy him a beer. He drinks the cheap **** anyway so unless you work at McDonald's (no offense to those of you who do) you can afford it.

Be a man and except responsibility and then move the **** on. Who knows, we might even invite you to play poker with us sometime.

SteelClip49
5/25/2008, 06:47 PM
I got negged by BRR for showing respect....sheesh.

badger
5/25/2008, 06:48 PM

and to think... you just got out of the red hole of doom :D

;)

stoops the eternal pimp
5/25/2008, 06:50 PM
I got punched once for saying something nice about a guy's girlfriend

badger
5/25/2008, 06:55 PM
I got punched once for saying something nice about a guy's girlfriend

NP punched you? Oh, and after we're married, I'm his wife, not his girlfriend

:P

stoops the eternal pimp
5/25/2008, 07:03 PM
No when he punched me it was because I said something about the Spurs...He's pretty tough and has quite a temper
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-05/39041117.jpg

olevetonahill
5/25/2008, 08:35 PM
if his initial reaction wasnt to act like a child and immediately go to all of my posts and neg them, then i may have. but instead, i get all this flack. i dont even know what i did. you talk about different viewpoints on the matter, what about mine? im sittin here getting all this when i dont even know what i did. im sorry that some of you find it offensive that im glad i had no involvement with the whole vietnam issue.

im also glad that i wasnt around back in the 20s before hdtv and microwaves and trans ams. hope nobody's great great grandpa doesnt feel offended by that comment. i think this whole thing got strewn out of control and context because my comment was misinterpreted.

i sent him a message this morning when i got on and found out he didnt like my comment. he ignored it and he continued his barrage of negging, like it is his cute little retaliation.

Dude Ill defend to the death your Right to say anything you want to.
Ill also defend My right to the death to Neg you to bolivia
Just sayin

SoonerStormchaser
5/25/2008, 09:40 PM
Vet,
I'd help you in your neg jihad...but I don't think he's gonna learn. Besides, I'd much rather have someone post a pole if he's gonna make it to 1000 posts.

Remember: you can't fix stupid!

olevetonahill
5/25/2008, 09:52 PM
Vet,
I'd help you in your neg jihad...but I don't think he's gonna learn. Besides, I'd much rather have someone post a pole if he's gonna make it to 1000 posts.

Remember: you can't fix stupid!

Hes at the end Of the last page He has less spek than any :texan:
Im thru wit him .

Scott D
5/25/2008, 10:25 PM

Might just be me, but your method of quoting a post and then replying to it can be somewhat confusing. I wouldn't be surprised if some of shaun's posts that you were trying to quote were attributed to being yours.

Scott D
5/25/2008, 10:29 PM
Hes at the end Of the last page He has less spek than any :texan:
Im thru wit him .

seriously, it's just more fun to make fun of olevet's beer, and the birds living in his beard.

I know one of the most sobering times in my life, was being taken to Hickam AFB during one of my high school days (conveniently one where I was required to be in uniform for NJROTC) by my mother to be on hand when the remains of some of our guys who didn't make it home back in the early 70s were returned to us by the Vietnamese.

Blue
5/25/2008, 10:42 PM
Some people just aren't mature enough to have a keyboard. He probably just got back from a Braves game and was pretty drunk. I'm sure he feels like an ***.

StoopTroup
5/25/2008, 11:13 PM
I just will never understand why folks don't understand the Korean and Vietnam Wars and why they were fought.

Think in Chinese people.

We weren't being invaded by North Vietnam so it was a bad war...Wah wah wah....dumbasses. Can't stand em.

We beat Russia in a cold War folks.

China...if you think they haven't been screwing around with us the last century....you better start learning to read from right to left Shaun.

The reason other countries won't invade us is because our nuclear threat.

The reason North Vietnam and North Korea are screwing with us is China supports them.

Pull your tiny brain outta your rectum.

NYC Poke
5/26/2008, 12:26 AM
Regardless of the reasons for our participation in the other wars. The military doesn't make the decision to be there, and a lot of those who were in the other wars did not choose to be in the military. Are they any less deserving of our gratitude and recognition for their sacrifices?

olevetonahill
5/26/2008, 02:01 AM
Korea , Nam , were all a Part of the Cold war
Cept it was'nt so cold in that part .
WE Defeated The Red Menace at a Great cost to Our country
In Lives , Material and Money
And the F**king worlds Is a Greater Place Because we did .
Thank GOD for the American Service Men and Women

olevetonahill
5/26/2008, 07:29 AM
Some people just aren't mature enough to have a keyboard. He probably just got back from a Braves game and was pretty drunk. I'm sure he feels like an ***.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Bro I just got drunk enough to Understand ur Post Spek to you Bro LOL