PDA

View Full Version : SoonerinKCMO

Jerk
5/24/2008, 03:03 PM
Is the Pale Ale supposed to be bitter? I'm sure you know what it tastes like when it's fresh. This stuff is almost sour. I will say, however, it is doing it's job.

SoonerInKCMO
5/24/2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah, it's supposed to be a little bitter. About average for American Pale Ales (at least in my experience); not as bitter as India Pale Ales.

It (the bitterness) grows on you though - I used to not be able to drink IPAs because of the bitterness but now APAs don't taste bitter at all and I like IPAs.

Jerk
5/24/2008, 03:17 PM
Yeah, it's supposed to be a little bitter. About average for American Pale Ales (at least in my experience); not as bitter as India Pale Ales.

It (the bitterness) grows on you though - I used to not be able to drink IPAs because of the bitterness but now APAs don't taste bitter at all and I like IPAs.

I'm going back to the Wheat Beer after this. That is, if I can find somewhere to buy it fresh.

How's the Zōn? Worth trying?

SoonerInKCMO
5/24/2008, 03:23 PM
The Zon is really light and crisp and a little citrusy (lots of places serve it with an orange slice to bring out the citrus taste) - really good for hot days when you've just come in from mowing the grass or something. It's similar to Blue Moon if you've had that.

SoonerInKCMO
5/24/2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks a lot. :mad:

You've made me go into the fridge and pop open a Bully Porter. :D