PDA

View Full Version : From Crimson to Orange?

SteelClip49
5/23/2008, 04:09 PM
This was in the Jack Mildren thread of OrangePower.com and perhaps it's the wrong time to do this but in a long period of mourning there is also that part of you what "wonders" and I wonder about this comment which is also one in commenting on the passing of Mr. Mildren.

By OneDerPoke:

Used to be a Sooner fan until 1975 (the 1976 OSU season and victory over the Sooners converted me) and I remember the play-by-play from the Mildren years on the radio. It was very exciting to listen to and to watch.

Didn't remember that his first two seasons were mediocre by OU standards, but he was incredible during that 1971 season.

Jack Mildren had an affect on all who had great respect for him. But, this is about the first part of that comment. ....Used to be an OU fan until an OSU win over the Sooners in 1976? I've never heard that one before considering OU came off an impressive three year run which included 2 national titles. Never would have thought an OSU win over OU would make a former Sooner convert to a Cowboy fan. I was just wondering and chuckling over this.

cvsooner
5/23/2008, 04:27 PM
The only way to turn crimson into orange is because you're yella, as John Wayne would say.

MichiganSooner
5/23/2008, 04:33 PM
I guess he is a bandwagon fan. Thought they didn't want any of them.

RedstickSooner
5/23/2008, 04:52 PM
If watching a game "converts" you into a fan for a new team, you weren't a fan to begin with.

StoopTroup
5/23/2008, 05:24 PM
OneDerPoke = BikerFox

CobraKai
5/28/2008, 02:14 PM
Did he convert back for the 19 year run that followed the 1976 game?

soonerfan28
5/28/2008, 02:57 PM
Did he convert back for the 19 year run that followed the 1976 game?

OUCH!

Animal Mother
5/29/2008, 03:22 PM
You should’ve read what some idiot posted on newsok.com the day after Jack Mildren died. I don’t remember his name but the moron was from Locust Grove, or so he said. It was so bad, newsok.com shut down posting regarding any article about Jack Mildren. I won’t even repeat it here.

Civicus_Sooner
5/29/2008, 03:49 PM
The only way to turn crimson into orange is because you're yella, as John Wayne would say.John Wayne was a pussi.