PDA

View Full Version : You will not believe what Hillary said today

Jerk
5/23/2008, 04:02 PM
"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don't understand it," she said, dismissing calls to drop out.http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080523/FRONTPAGECAROUSEL/80522033&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080523/ap_on_el_pr/clinton

ousoonerfan
5/23/2008, 04:08 PM
She's grasping for anything that could give her some sort of an edge and failing miserably.

JohnnyMack
5/23/2008, 04:11 PM
Oh, little she does at this point surprises me.

Once again she's acting like Alan Rickman's character at the end of Die Hard.

http://www.vfxhq.com/spotlight97/images/9709c/hans-top.jpg

Rogue
5/23/2008, 04:13 PM
That's a pretty bad gaffe.

r5TPsooner
5/23/2008, 04:38 PM
I hope McCain picks her as VP.

leavingthezoo
5/23/2008, 05:11 PM
I hope McCain picks her as VP.

that would certainly be entertaining. i'd kinda like to see that, too... although, i suspect we have different reasons. ;)

SoonerStormchaser
5/23/2008, 05:16 PM
Ya know...if I were her, and the O'Bomba camp was nitpicking every word I said...I'd just give em two middle fingers and be done with it.

But then again, I hope she drags this all the way to the convention and throws the election to McCain...

Jerk
5/23/2008, 05:22 PM
I'd just give em two middle fingers and be done with it.

A 'shocker' would be better.

https://www.akarally.com/images/shocker-2.jpg

r5TPsooner
5/23/2008, 06:07 PM
McCain is basically a conservative (I use the term loosely) democrat, so why not pick Hilary? It's not like McCain cares what conservatives think anyway.

I'll probably get drunk and not vote come November because both candidates SUCK!

Jerk
5/23/2008, 06:14 PM
McCain is basically a conservative (I use the term loosely) democrat, so why not pick Hilary? It's not like McCain cares what conservatives think anyway.

I'll probably get drunk and not vote come November because both candidates SUCK!

You should at least show up and vote for your conservative house or senate canidate.

This is what I'm afraid of. McCain will not motivate his base.

Dems will probably have a veto-proof and fillabuster-proof majority next year.

Oh well. Lets hope the supreme court makes the right decision in DC vs Miller, then at least they can't take our guns :texan:

Frozen Sooner
5/23/2008, 06:21 PM
You should at least show up and vote for your conservative house or senate canidate.

This is what I'm afraid of. McCain will not motivate his base.

Dems will probably have a veto-proof and fillabuster-proof majority next year.

Oh well. Lets hope the supreme court makes the right decision in DC vs Miller, then at least they can't take our guns :texan:

Nah, we're just going to expand the supreme court to like 35 justices and appoint a bunch of 20-year-old Vegans. Revisiting gun control is like 15th on their calendar, though. First they're going to work on outlawing marriage between people of opposite sexes. ;)

And yeah, this one was pretty outlandish. This wasn't something that she's being "nit-picked" for, Stormchaser, this is someone flat-out saying that she's running because she thinks the front-runner might be assassinated-which leaves everything clear for her.

Despicable.

Scott D
5/23/2008, 06:25 PM
This only garners one response from me.

To quote the wise young Luke in Say Anything "Bitches, man."

NYC Poke
5/23/2008, 06:25 PM
She's come unhinged.

eta: Cue the Vince Foster jokes.

Jerk
5/23/2008, 06:26 PM
Nah, we're just going to expand the supreme court to like 35 justices and appoint a bunch of 20-year-old Vegans. Revisiting gun control is like 15th on their calendar, though. First they're going to work on outlawing marriage between people of opposite sexes. ;)

And yeah, this one was pretty outlandish. This wasn't something that she's being "nit-picked" for, Stormchaser, this is someone flat-out saying that she's running because she thinks the front-runner might be assassinated-which leaves everything clear for her.

Despicable.

LOL, mike. I ain't too worried. You guys can have your turn. You can't grow the government and spend money more than republicans did from 2001-2006.

Frozen Sooner
5/23/2008, 06:29 PM
We can sure give it the ol' college try though. :D

Frozen Sooner
5/23/2008, 06:29 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/LordKensington/2516319647_19287d51ed_o.jpg

Jerk
5/23/2008, 06:31 PM

Despicable.

We can sure give it the ol' college try though. :D

I admit, the pendulum has swung to the donks. You guys will get your chance to govern. I think the blue dogs will keep any gun control from getting passed, which, for some strange reason, is the only issue I care about anymore.

Frozen Sooner
5/23/2008, 06:33 PM
Yeah, I can tell you for sure that the Democratic Party up here, at least, is pretty pro-gun.

Fran Ulmer was Lt. Governor under noted Sooner fan Tony Knowles and ran for governor after he left as a Democrat and I know for a fact that she carries a .44 in her purse.

soonerscuba
5/23/2008, 06:41 PM
Wow, on what planet does someone say that?

Also, Jerk, as weird as it sounds, you can thank Howard Dean for the 2nd Amendment friendly Dems that were elected in 2006 and the ones that will be elected in 2008. The man shapes Congressional races and greatly influences who runs, the man actually has publicly called the Dems to cool it on guns, he also holds a favorable rating from the NRA.

I still wish that Dean ran, at least he was organic, which apparently came off as "crazy".

Jerk
5/23/2008, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I can tell you for sure that the Democratic Party up here, at least, is pretty pro-gun.

Fran Ulmer was Lt. Governor under noted Sooner fan Tony Knowles and ran for governor after he left as a Democrat and I know for a fact that she carries a .44 in her purse.

Yeah, I said several years ago here on S.O. that if dems dropped their gun control stance, that they would start winning. They did, and they're beating our asses. Al Gore would have won in 2000 if it weren't for this one issue alone. I know there are other issues, like high oil prices, and the war, but the abandonment of gun control by the democrat party has resserrected the southern blue-dog donk. Dan Boren is on the NRA board of directors. Brad Henry has never went against a pro-gun bill. Sen. Tester of Montana is a gun nut. Etc,.

The NRA claims that this congress is more pro-gun than the last one. Go figure.

Nanci Palosi is smart. Very smart. She runs pro-gun dems in the south against repubs and wins.

Jerk
5/23/2008, 06:43 PM
Wow, on what planet does someone say that?

Also, Jerk, as weird as it sounds, you can thank Howard Dean for the 2nd Amendment friendly Dems that were elected in 2006 and the ones that will be elected in 2008. The man shapes Congressional races and greatly influences who runs, the man actually has publicly called the Dems to cool it on guns, he also holds a favorable rating from the NRA.

I still wish that Dean ran, at least he was organic, which apparently came off as "crazy".

Yeah, That too. I forgot about screamin' Dean.

Frozen Sooner
5/23/2008, 06:46 PM
Dean deserves a ton of credit. The new message of the Democratic Party is that we're going to contest every election possible, not just the ones we think we can win. So far it's been working-the Republicans have lost three more seats in special elections so far this year alone. Both Don Young and Ted Stevens are extremely vulnerable, and these are guys who are used to being reelected with 20-30 point margins. Last time I checked, Stevens was trailing Begich by a couple of points.