PDA

View Full Version : Graduation Day

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/23/2008, 02:28 PM
I'm heading to Prague this evening for my niece's graduation. They have a class of less than 80 so it should be over in about 30 minutes, right? I've never been to a small school graduation.

SoonerStormchaser
5/23/2008, 02:31 PM
[valedictorian speech]
I'd like to start by quoting "XXXXX"...

...I'd like to thank my parents...my siblings...my goldfish Spot...

...and if I can give you all one piece of advice...
[/valedictorian speech]

Mjcpr
5/23/2008, 02:32 PM
I've never been to a small school graduation.

I thought you were from Moore.

royalfan5
5/23/2008, 02:33 PM
My class of 14 took right at 20 Min, and that included an 8th Grade Graduation too.

SoonerInKCMO
5/23/2008, 02:42 PM
I went to a school that had graduating classes of 30ish. We still managed to drag the graduation ceremony out to 2 hours or so by letting everyone put together a photo slide show with accompanying music.

mdklatt
5/23/2008, 02:45 PM
I'm heading to Prague this evening for my niece's graduation. They have a class of less than 80 so it should be over in about 30 minutes, right? I've never been to a small school graduation.

There may be less name reading, but there's a lot more talking.

C&CDean
5/23/2008, 02:47 PM
My 4th son graduated last Friday night from Lexington. 92 kids. There was 2 salutatorians, and 5 valedictorians. The show choir sang, and 2 other girls sang cheesy "class songs."

No, it didn't last only 30 minutes. Closer to 2 hours. Bring a butt cushion if it's on the football bleachers.

mdklatt
5/23/2008, 02:54 PM
There was 2 salutatorians, and 5 valedictorians.

I don't think Oklahoma knows what these words mean. At the HS graduation I went to, everyone with straight A's (for the year? all four years? who knows) was a "valedictorian", and all the AB students where "salutatorians". There were more valedictorians than sulutatorians. :confused:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/23/2008, 03:00 PM
I don't think Oklahoma knows what these words mean. At the HS graduation I went to, everyone with straight A's (for the year? all four years? who knows) was a "valedictorian", and all the AB students where "salutatorians". There were more valedictorians than sulutatorians. :confused:

Your misspelling of the words "valedictorian" and "salutatorian" indicate some bitterness over not making the cut. ;) Pat, I actually graduated from Westmoore with a class of 560. Dean, Thankfully it's in the auditorium, but they said to get there early because the whole town comes to graduations. WTF? Who goes to a graduation unless they have a family member graduating?

SoonerInKCMO
5/23/2008, 03:04 PM
WTF? Who goes to a graduation unless they have a family member graduating?

The same kind of freaks that live in small towns. ;)

mdklatt
5/23/2008, 03:07 PM
Your misspelling of the words "valedictorian" and "salutatorian" :confused:

Who goes to a graduation unless they have a family member graduating?

What else is there to do in Prague?

Melo
5/23/2008, 03:26 PM
My little brother graduates next Saturday. At 7:00. Pm.
:mad:

r5TPsooner
5/23/2008, 03:27 PM
The best thing about my graduation was the All State jacket that they gave me for being a Friday Night Lights hero. I still have the jacket but it's a tad tight now.

The rest of the ceremony was me planning ways to never go back there again, and I haven't since 1989.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
5/24/2008, 12:03 AM
So we got there about 5:30 and the graduation didn't start til 7. It was in their auditorium that I think used to be the grocery store. Anyway, people were saving rows and rows of seats so we had to sit at the very back. The principal, as he was introducing the valedictorians, would say "Mary has ran track all 4 years." I hope he doesn't teach English. It was an experience to say the least. I kind of think of graduations like I do funerals. You don't want to go to one unless it's a close family member or friend.