PDA

View Full Version : Well, I didn't like it...

yermom
5/22/2008, 02:41 AM
i think George Lucas might have a brain tumor

soonerinabilene
5/22/2008, 07:32 AM
I heard that the first scene was really good, and after that it turned into a mess. I also figured that they would take advantadge of technology they didnt have in the 80's, and make it look too fake. Was I right?

ousoonerfan
5/22/2008, 07:37 AM
I don't think Lucas screwed it up too bad. Yeah the climax was ****, but what else could they do? It could have been really bad. Knowing what we know about Lucas, I'm actually satisfied with the movie.

StormySooner-IN
5/22/2008, 07:39 AM
:confused:

soonerscuba
5/22/2008, 10:27 AM
Yeah, the climax was just silly and ridiculous beyond all reason. I don't think he went overboard with the CGI, which is what I fully expected. I went to this one with super low expectations, and was still disappointed.

JohnnyMack
5/22/2008, 10:29 AM
CGI = The Devil

I'm convinced.

yermom
5/22/2008, 10:36 AM
where Lucas is concerned, yes ;)

i thought Speed Racer looked brilliant, WALL-E does as well

Karen Allen's character made me want to leave the theater at times. and the backstory and how they set up "Mutt" was a pretty odd

i could tell pretty early on that they had screwed up Indiana Jones. young kids would probably like it though, i guess

King Crimson
5/22/2008, 10:50 AM
i'm not shocked, by any means.

5/22/2008, 11:07 AM
Climax.

heh.

soonerbrat
5/22/2008, 11:09 AM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/4/b/a/4ba1ba9784efa22d73b4a0c1517152a0.jpg

frankensooner
5/22/2008, 11:19 AM
You people and your high expectations. ;)

mdklatt
5/22/2008, 12:00 PM
You people and your high expectations. ;)

No kidding; why is anybody surprised?

Indiana Jones movies rooted in--albeit loosely--real-world archeology: good.

Indiana Jones moves based on hokey made-up ****: bad.

Throw in George Lucas' brain tumor (heh) and this was a disaster waiting to happen.

Pricetag
5/22/2008, 12:03 PM
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Jar-Jar-Binks-Poster-Card-C10227315.jpeg

It-sa not a tumor!

NormanPride
5/22/2008, 12:09 PM
I think George Lucas is probably the worst writer ever.

silverwheels
5/22/2008, 12:46 PM
I was going to pass anyway, but thanks for not making me feel like I was missing anything.

Sooner_Havok
5/22/2008, 12:53 PM
Bottom line, does it cheapen the franchise?

yermom
5/22/2008, 01:02 PM
yes.

and my expectations weren't that high

Sooner_Havok
5/22/2008, 01:07 PM
yes.

and my expectations weren't that high

Well damn. I was kind of looking forward to heading to Moore to watch it.:(

Guess I will go see Iron Man this weekend

Viking Kitten
5/22/2008, 01:28 PM
:(

As it happens, I think Yermom has good taste in entertainment, so my expectations are lowered somewhat after reading this thread. I am still looking forward to seeing the movie this tomorrow night and deciding for myself though.

dolemitesooner
5/22/2008, 01:30 PM

As it happens, I think Yermom has good taste in entertainment, so my expectations are lowered somewhat after reading this thread. I am still looking forward to seeing the movie this tomorrow night and deciding for myself though.
75% of the time he does

You better go see it

He said X-men 3 was better..

ARRGHH HOW IS THAT POSSIABLE

**** you lucas

**** you

Sooner_Havok
5/22/2008, 01:31 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many times did Indy say something about snakes?

Sooner_Havok
5/22/2008, 01:32 PM

I'll still go see it, but if it isn't that good, I can wait till after the Memorial Day rush. Plus, I really do want to see Iron Man.

C&CDean
5/22/2008, 01:33 PM
It's fairly well documented that I've never stayed awake for a single Indiana Jones flick yet, and I guess I won't for this one either. Seriously, I've tried watching them multiple times, and every time I nod out.

Sooner_Havok
5/22/2008, 01:34 PM
It's fairly well documented that I've never stayed awake for a single Indiana Jones flick yet, and I guess I won't for this one either. Seriously, I've tried watching them multiple times, and every time I nod out.

That's the way I am on Star Wars. I always liked Indy though. Guess it's just a matter of tastes.

ousoonerfan
5/22/2008, 01:37 PM
Everybody has their own taste in movies, music, whatever. Obviously, Indiana Jones won't win any awards for excellence in movie-making. It is what it is, Lucas' and Speilbergs' take on action-adventure. Sorry to hear that some were disappointed. For me, it was good entertainment, nothing more.

and one snake reference;)

yermom
5/22/2008, 02:13 PM
That's the way I am on Star Wars. I always liked Indy though. Guess it's just a matter of tastes.

Dagobah Syndrome

it's hard not to nod off when Luke is traning in the swamp with Yoda

yermom
5/22/2008, 02:15 PM
I'll still go see it, but if it isn't that good, I can wait till after the Memorial Day rush. Plus, I really do want to see Iron Man.

i wouldn't suggest anyone not see it, but don't wait in line

Iron Man was much better IMO

dolemitesooner
5/22/2008, 04:18 PM
i wouldn't suggest anyone not see it, but don't wait in line

Iron Man was much better IMO
IRON MAN:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

tommieharris91
5/22/2008, 04:48 PM
It was made of meh. Kinda makes me wanna watch Temple of Doom though.

colleyvillesooner
5/27/2008, 09:18 AM
Wow.

Wanna know exactly when I knew it sucked? When the 80 y/o lady next to me said, "This movie is hilarious"

Too many cheesy one liners, too much Marion, just too much.

Don;t even get me started on the prairie dogs or monkeys.

royalfan5
5/27/2008, 09:24 AM
I thoughly enjoyed it. Mostly cause I didn't expect to see anything but a complete cheese fest.

soonerbrat
5/27/2008, 10:18 AM
i love cheese

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/soonerbrat/italy/iluvcheese.jpg

crawfish
5/27/2008, 10:31 AM
Wow.

Wanna know exactly when I knew it sucked? When the 80 y/o lady next to me said, "This movie is hilarious"

Too many cheesy one liners, too much Marion, just too much.

Don;t even get me started on the prairie dogs or monkeys.

I thought it was ok, but not great.

It's amazing that Karen Allen, who was possibly the greatest non-lead action movie heroine EVER in the original Raiders, stunk it up so bad here. She had no fire in her - she was even grinning during her arguments with Indy. I hate to think that's how she's gonna go out.

My biggest problem: I never once thought Indy was in peril. The great thing about the first and third ones are that he always seemed one step away from getting killed, and when he was in control, it was only for a moment.

TopDawg
5/27/2008, 10:33 AM
To me, it was worth it. I don't go to movies expecting to see the lost ark, I just wanna be entertained. It entertained me even though it was a little cornball at times.

http://www.jasonbatemanfansite.com/Pictures/cornballer.jpg

By the way, page 2 of a Google image search for "cornballer" turns up a picture of the first three Indiana Jones DVDs. No kidding.

yermom
5/27/2008, 10:38 AM
well, it was worth seeing, but so was Phantom Menace ;)

i think it was better than the Star Wars prequels, i'll give it that

royalfan5
5/27/2008, 10:41 AM
Honestly though, If you aren't amused by Cate Blanchett punching a monkey, you aren't human.

SoonerStormchaser
5/27/2008, 10:45 AM
So...group decision here...should I see it?

soonerbrat
5/27/2008, 11:06 AM
I'd wait for the blu-ray

frankensooner
5/27/2008, 11:21 AM

Sure. Well crafted, poorly conceived movie. It was entertaining. It was better than 85% of the new releases out there. It is worth a look.

TheUnnamedSooner
5/27/2008, 11:41 AM

Yeah, just don't go in with the high expectations of an excellent Indiana Jones film.

It was better than Temple of Doom, but no where near the greatness of Raiders or Last Crusade.

colleyvillesooner
5/27/2008, 01:31 PM
Man, I didn't even think it was better then TOD. Clearly 4th in my mind.

Parts were entertaining, and I was glad I saw it on the big screen, but it would have gotten even more torched if it would have been anybody other than Indy as the main character.

Viking Kitten
5/27/2008, 02:01 PM
My biggest problem: I never once thought Indy was in peril. The great thing about the first and third ones are that he always seemed one step away from getting killed, and when he was in control, it was only for a moment.

That's always the problem with sequels to good action movies, isn't it? The best action movies take ordinary people and thrust them into extraordinary circumstances, like "Raiders" or "Die Hard" for example. By the time the sequels roll around, we've established that the guy is a superhero, so the movies become simply plot driven.

***QUASI-SPOILER ALERT***
The whole waterfall thing for example in KotCS really p***ed me off. There is no way four people in an open boat would have survived that fall, and yet, they just showed them swimming to shore, no explanation is given. Or the fact that Cate Blanchett was shooting at the guy the Russians needed to guide them to Akator. It just got silly.

soonerhubs
5/27/2008, 02:09 PM
The whole waterfall thing for example in KotCS really p***ed me off. There is no way four people in an open boat would have survived that fall, and yet, they just showed them swimming to shore, no explanation is given. Or the fact that Cate Blanchett was shooting at the guy they needed to guide them to Akator. It just got silly.
Had it been just one falls, not as big of a problem. It's the repeated falls that made it so stupid. Not unlike the "Bigger Fish" scene in Phantom Menace.

colleyvillesooner
5/27/2008, 02:10 PM
The whole waterfall thing for example in KotCS really p***ed me off. There is no way four people in an open boat would have survived that fall, and yet, they just showed them swimming to shore, no explanation is given. Or the fact that Cate Blanchett was shooting at the guy they needed to guide them to Akator. It just got silly.

I forgot about all that. The first two, survivable. The third reminded me of this scene:

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/9331/raft1vk6.jpg

TopDawg
5/27/2008, 03:58 PM
The whole waterfall thing for example in KotCS really p***ed me off. There is no way four people in an open boat would have survived that fall, and yet, they just showed them swimming to shore, no explanation is given. Or the fact that Cate Blanchett was shooting at the guy the Russians needed to guide them to Akator. It just got silly.

So you were okay with Indiana Jones surviving a nuclear blast by hiding in a refrigerator, the magnetic skull, Jonesy escaping thousands of flying bullets in the warehouse, the aliens in the end, but the waterfall part...that was just too much?

;)

soonerboomer93
5/27/2008, 04:10 PM
TopDawg Winz

colleyvillesooner
5/27/2008, 04:18 PM
So you were okay with Indiana Jones surviving a nuclear blast by hiding in a refrigerator, the magnetic skull, Jonesy escaping thousands of flying bullets in the warehouse, the aliens in the end, but the waterfall part...that was just too much?

;)

Dude, it was lead lined.

:D

Viking Kitten
5/27/2008, 04:19 PM
Sure. Just like I was okay with an Old Testament angel of the Lord melting some Nazi dude's face in Raiders. :P

No, see, at least they took the time to establish that the fridge was lead-lined. Were refrigerators ever actually lead-lined? Would lead actually make it impervious to an atomic bomb? Hell if I know. Probably not. But at least it was something.

Writers have to make it possible for the viewer to suspend disbelief. They didn't even bother to to try to offer a plausible explanation for the waterfall thing. In any case, that's just one of the many reasons the movie was so mediocre. Bastages.

Ike
5/27/2008, 04:32 PM
Sure. Just like I was okay with an Old Testament angel of the Lord melting some Nazi dude's face in Raiders. :P

No, see, at least they took the time to establish that the fridge was lead-lined. Were refrigerators ever actually lead-lined? Would lead actually make it impervious to an atomic bomb? Hell if I know. Probably not. But at least it was something.

Writers have to make it possible for the viewer to suspend disbelief. They didn't even bother to to try to offer a plausible explanation for the waterfall thing. In any case, that's just one of the many reasons the movie was so mediocre. Bastages.

A lead lined fridge could probably protect one from a nuclear blast...

If the blast is several (>10 or so?) miles away.

dolemitesooner
5/27/2008, 04:33 PM

Well then let me explain it for you.

WAIT YOUR A WOMAN YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND ANYWAYS.

Fraggle145
5/27/2008, 04:45 PM
for me.

Last Crusade
Raiders of the lost Ark
TOD & Skull tied for last

My buddy saw it a second time... he said its better the second time you see it, not sure if i believe him.

soonerboomer93
5/27/2008, 04:48 PM
it wasn't just that the fridge was lead lined, it's how damn far it flew.

colleyvillesooner
5/27/2008, 04:49 PM
it wasn't just that the fridge was lead lined, it's how damn far it flew.

No kidding, they must have made the seals on those way better back then

TopDawg
5/27/2008, 04:53 PM
No kidding, they must have made the seals on those way better back then

Plus he gets out of the fridge seconds after the blast and stares at the mushroom cloud. Maybe Indiana Jones is made out of lead too.

TopDawg
5/27/2008, 04:54 PM
Writers have to make it possible for the viewer to suspend disbelief. They didn't even bother to to try to offer a plausible explanation for the waterfall thing.

Explanation: Indiana Jones is awesome. And don't you forget it.

soonerboomer93
5/27/2008, 04:57 PM
and that was an old school fridge, shouldn't he have been stuck inside it because of the latches that were on them

soonerboomer93
5/27/2008, 04:58 PM
that, and they were in a duck

Viking Kitten
5/27/2008, 05:04 PM
A duck they all fell out of shortly before they should have subsequently drowned.

TopDawg
5/27/2008, 05:06 PM
It was a 1950's waterfall...not nearly as deadly as the ones we have today.

TexasLidig8r
5/27/2008, 05:15 PM
I kind of dug the aggressive, bobbed black haired, Russian accented, arse kicking Cate Blanchette.

TheUnnamedSooner
5/27/2008, 05:28 PM
How many movies are out there of people going over waterfalls and the next scene they are crawling on the beach without a scratch? It's a proven fact you can go over a huge waterfall in a duck, canoe, motorboat, whatever and be perfectly fine.

TheUnnamedSooner
5/27/2008, 05:32 PM
I can't believe we're arguing over the waterfall scene and not about "mutt" who seems to all of a sudden come up with certain abilities on the fly (swinging through the forrest like tarzan, then what I took as the first time he picked up a sword and able to do glorious battle with a master russian sword lady)??

Viking Kitten
5/27/2008, 05:36 PM
I kind of dug the aggressive, bobbed black haired, Russian accented, arse kicking Cate Blanchette.

Oh yeah, that's another thing that bugged me. They are in a f***ing jungle and CB's hair was salon perfect in every scene. That's why the Russians lost the Cold War, they devoted all their damn resources to developing industrial strength Aqua Net.

yermom
5/27/2008, 05:41 PM
I can't believe we're arguing over the waterfall scene and not about "mutt" who seems to all of a sudden come up with certain abilities on the fly (swinging through the forrest like tarzan, then what I took as the first time he picked up a sword and able to do glorious battle with a master russian sword lady)??

they kinda discussed his schooling, i think they actually mentioned fencing

TheUnnamedSooner
5/27/2008, 05:49 PM

I must have missed that part. It would have made more sense. did his schooling include vine swinging?

yermom
5/27/2008, 05:52 PM
genetics?

TheUnnamedSooner
5/27/2008, 05:53 PM
perhaps. Are you a mutt lover?

yermom
5/27/2008, 05:55 PM
i don't know if i mentioned it in this thread or the other one but i thought the way they went with Mutt, even with his name was just kinda dumb

TheUnnamedSooner
5/27/2008, 05:57 PM
mutt = short round :confused:

yermom
5/27/2008, 05:57 PM
no way, Short Round was awesome

no time for love, Dr. Jones

TheUnnamedSooner
5/27/2008, 05:59 PM
That was a great line

so,

mutt < short round

TopDawg
5/27/2008, 06:01 PM
Swinging from vines was much easier in the 50's.

TheUnnamedSooner
5/27/2008, 06:04 PM
Getting hit in the balls seemed to be easier too.

TopDawg
5/27/2008, 06:30 PM
They used LOTS of starch back then.

colleyvillesooner
5/27/2008, 08:30 PM

yep

bluedogok
5/27/2008, 10:18 PM
I'd wait for the blu-ray
The original three are not out on Blu-ray yet, since they were Paramount distributed movies (and were HD-DVD exclusive) maybe Lucasfilm was waiting for the HD-DVD/Blu-ray thing to get sorted out before doing Indy or Star Wars. Maybe they will all come out on Blu-ray when the new one hits the video market.

Most x-ray rooms have lead lining, lead doors/frame and leaded glass to protect from the radiation. I would imagine that the gov't might have had lead lined refrigerators made for nuclear testing and their own use.

Sooner Schemer
5/27/2008, 10:58 PM
But are there any ewoks?
Free Hat (http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/153565)

soonermix
5/28/2008, 01:21 PM
there were about 5 things that bothered me with this movie and pretty much all have already been discussed.
you take those things out and it was awsome.

TheUnnamedSooner
5/28/2008, 05:00 PM
there were about 5 things that bothered me with this movie and pretty much all have already been discussed.
you take those things out and it was awsome.

take those things out and you have Indy's hat rolling on the ground at the beginning of the movie and that's it ;)

mdklatt
5/28/2008, 07:48 PM
no way, Short Round was awesome

no time for love, Dr. Jones

Short Round was the Indiana Jones equivalent of an Ewok. Maybe even Jar Jar.

GottaHavePride
6/22/2008, 11:14 PM
Short Round rocked. Why the hate for Temple of Doom? If you're going to kate anything about it, hate Kate Capshaw and her screaming helplessness.

Problems I saw that have not yet been addressed:

1. Gunpowder is not magnetic. I understand the effects looked cool, but Indy is a perfesser, and all he said was that the thing in the box was magnetic. Gunpowder won't help. Lead shot out of shotgun shells won't help. Unless they were using Soviet ammo, in which case the casings would have been steel, not brass, but that's neither here nor there.

2. A few too many moments that made me pull an Animaniacs and say "Oooooh, how Spielbergian." For instance, the cameo by the Ark of the Covenant and the scene where the church doors blow open at the end. way too forced.

3. Who the hell turned Indiana Jones into cranky gramps? Personality just didn't seem to be the same Indy.

4. Oh hell, this one should be #2 for how much it irritated me. What was the point of the scenes with the FBI agents at the beginning? I mean, hooray 1957 McCarthy-ism reference, but it was completely unnecessary. They didn't figure in the rest of the movie AT ALL and only served to show up and insult everyone's favorite character in the whole damn movie for no reason. Gah. Turdbuckets.

GottaHavePride
6/22/2008, 11:15 PM
Other than that, I enjoyed it. And Cate Blanchett was hot in that part.

def_lazer_fc
6/23/2008, 12:26 AM
that shia kid swinging on jungle vines, and the monkeys somehow knowing who the bad guys were = george lucas ****.

and to add to the whole mccarthyism bit. he's suspected to be a commie. finds aliens, who then leave, and leave no evidence that they were ever there. congrats indy! you get your job back, and you'll be dean! hooray!

GottaHavePride
6/23/2008, 12:32 AM
Yeah, I wasn't even getting into the ewoks... er, monkeys.

yermom
6/23/2008, 01:02 AM
i think i may need to see it again to fully make my judgment

Pricetag
5/24/2010, 01:38 PM
I finally caught this one on that new EPIX channel on cable. I went in expecting full-on prequel suckage, and did not find it. Yes, some of the action was over the top. No, it was not on the same level as the originals. It was okay, though. I'd watch it again.

TUSooner
5/24/2010, 02:37 PM
n/m

badger
5/24/2010, 03:07 PM
Are we still griping about those d@mn crystal skulls? Ok, here goes.

1- Why is this NOT attractive Shia LeDoofus getting these blockbuster roles?! No matter how much hair crap or how action-oriented you make the movie surrounding him, he will STILL not be cute! Gahhhhh!

2- Everyone hates Nazis. Nobody hates communists like everyone hates Nazis. Nazis are universally hated, communists are near-universally sort-of disliked. Nazis are perfect villains for movies. Commies are eh.

3- You add the perfect character (Dr. Jones Sr. played by Sean Connery) only to have him not survive for the sequel?! How bout a big ole rousing BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

4- Aliens?! Pass...

yermom
5/24/2010, 05:07 PM
i really didn't care for ditching paranormal for aliens and some of the cheesy stuff like the flying fridge made me cringe

and i probably said this before, but Marion needed to see the back of Indy's hand

yermom
5/24/2010, 05:08 PM
i still haven't rewatched it BTW

badger
5/24/2010, 05:10 PM
i really didn't care for ditching paranormal for aliens and some of the cheesy stuff like the flying fridge made me cringe

Fans of science fiction and historical science both agree - a fridge cannot withstand a bomb.

KC//CRIMSON
5/24/2010, 06:40 PM
MORE REASONS GEORGE LUCAS SUCKS

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/spielberg-georgelucas.jpg

Look, I don’t want to sit here and tell you George Lucas sucks, because he’s certainly accomplished more in his life than I ever will, not that that’s any great achievement. Still, I will say that rumors of his greatness may have been greatly over inflated, like the pouch under his chin when he gets agitated. His best movie (even though he didn’t direct or write the script) is easily Empire Strikes Back. Oh, and about that… You know that “I love you!” “…I know,” exchange? That wasn’t how Lucas had originally envisioned it.

As part of the 30th anniversary of “The Empire Strikes Back,” Harrison Ford participated in a charity event for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. As part of George Lucas’s “The Empire Gives Back” initiative, Ford attended a Hollywood screening of Empire and spoke about the franchise for 30 minutes following the screening.. Here are 10 juicy tidbits Ford revealed for donors who paid $100-$175 for tickets to the special screening:

He was responsible for “I love you” … “I know.”

At least Ford acknowledges that this was a great line. He and director Irvin Kershner fought Lucas for it. “Film is a collaborative process. I’m happy that I was able to make a small contribution. It didn’t go down so well with George at the time. He would have been a lot happier with the scripted line, which is ‘I love you, too,’ but I felt, and Kersh agreed, that there was the opportunity for a more character ’smelling’ moment. So we shot that among other versions. We did shoot ‘I love you, too,’ but when Kersh presented his cut, he used the line ‘I know.’ George said, ‘That’s gonna get a laugh. That’s not good.’ Kersh and I both said, ‘It could be a good laugh at that moment.’

“I remember being at the test screening in San Francisco sitting next to George, Kershner on the other side, and he went into the screening predicting that this is going to be a bad laugh, but I think the audience convinced him it was not so bad. I take no ownership. If Kersh hadn’t thought that it was a good idea, we wouldn’t have shot it. It is a collaborative process, and I think what it speaks to more than anything else is that when you have the opportunity to make something and you care about what it is you’re making, you try and you try and you try. You just don’t settle. You try because you care about the product, and a little thing like that you end up investing in because you think it might make it better.”

For all the inspiring screenwriters out there, a good rule of thumb is “I love you.” “…I know,” = good laugh. “Oh, Ani, how you’ve grown!” = bad laugh

yermom
5/24/2010, 06:50 PM
"i know" is a huge part of why Han Solo is a badass

badger
5/24/2010, 07:54 PM
“Oh, Ani, how you’ve grown!” = bad laugh

There was also a sophomoric laugh during the scene where Annniiiiiiiiieeeee was having a bad dream. Basically, Annnniiieeee was moving around in bed uncomfortably while saying "No... no..." which led to, yes, bad laughs. Then, Annieee continues: "...Mom... no..." which got even worse bad laughs.

Lenny: I say The Phantom Menace sucks more!
Carl: I say Attack of the Clones sucks more!

Pricetag
5/24/2010, 10:50 PM
I wonder how hard Lucas fought Hayden Christensen's pleas to wear the Darth Vader suit.

MR2-Sooner86
5/24/2010, 11:59 PM
I still haven't seen it and don't plan to. As for George Lucas, I loved the original trilogy and the prequels. There were bad things about the originals and the prequels had more problems and I can overlook that. HOWEVER, there is one thing that I think ruined the prequels to me. Midichlorians.

badger
5/25/2010, 08:58 AM
Midichlorians.

You're just pizzed because you went to a doctor after that movie and found out you had zero midichlorians :D

Awwww, sorry son! Guess you can't be a jedi after all!

Too old, you are not. Micichlorians zero? Hmph. Train you, I will not!

The force is not strong with MR2.

Annniiiiieeeeee!!!! ANNNNNNNNNNNIEEEEEEE!

Yousa and mesa can be non-midichlorian bombad buddies!

:P

TopDawg
5/25/2010, 06:24 PM
Funny that this thread came up. I was just comparing this movie to LOST the other day.

KC//CRIMSON
5/26/2010, 12:23 PM
I don't know why I'm putting this here, I just am. Deal.

Watching the trailer for Morning Glory, from Notting Hill director Roger Michell and Devil Wears Prada writer Aline McKenna, it seemed like your basic, pretty-white-girl-takes-thankless-job-in-the-big-city movie. Still, Rachel McAdams is cuter than a picnic basket full of baby otters (otters I would bang so hard…), not to mention the shot of her *ss in this trailer is goddamn ridiculous, and pretty soon Harrison Ford shows up as a curmudgeonly old bastard, growling jokes about Dianne Keaton’s pap smears. Jeff Goldblum is also there. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I was thinking that this might be worth seeing. …That is, until the mother of all horrible trailer exchanges. PLEASE, DIALOGUE, EXPLAIN THIS PLOT TO ME LIKE A RETARDED CAVE BABY

FjCFcasXIvM

KC//CRIMSON
5/26/2010, 12:30 PM
and just for the record Miss Adams, my alarm clock is reliable every time and anytime.

Pricetag
5/26/2010, 01:10 PM
I'm not watching any movie where Phil Dunphy gets screwed out of his job.