PDA

View Full Version : Wheres Homey ??????

olevetonahill
5/21/2008, 07:31 AM
And Our Dose Of GOOD Morning ???

Turd_Ferguson
5/21/2008, 07:36 AM
I was wondering the same thing. I'm always up by 5:30 or so and checking for his GM post.

olevetonahill
5/21/2008, 07:44 AM
Hope all Is well at the Homesters

SoonerStormchaser
5/21/2008, 08:07 AM
I'm working on one in his stead...should be up shortly

olevetonahill
5/21/2008, 08:08 AM
I'm working on one in his stead...should be up shortly

Does that tell Me where he is ?

SoonerStormchaser
5/21/2008, 08:27 AM
No...it doesn't...but a GM thread is up now.

Rogue
5/21/2008, 09:14 AM
Homey was gettin' riled in a sidebar in the libs/cons thread. Said he was going to cool off. Mebbe he's still coolin'.

Curly Bill
5/21/2008, 09:15 AM
I say Homey comes back and keeps on kickin that liberal ***. :D

olevetonahill
5/21/2008, 11:05 AM
Homey was gettin' riled in a sidebar in the libs/cons thread. Said he was going to cool off. Mebbe he's still coolin'.

Thats why I stay outta them things , Less I just wanta go in fast stir shat up then get out :D

SicEmBaylor
5/21/2008, 09:53 PM
Homey isn't a conservative so for the life of me I can't figure out why he would be upset.

Rogue
5/21/2008, 09:57 PM
Homey isn't a conservative so for the life of me I can't figure out why he would be upset.

He is a bit of a complex figure, but I'd say he's more conservative than dead-center on most things. I mean his avatar is John McCain growling. JM isn't exactly far-right all the time, but he IS the GOP nominee.

Rogue
5/21/2008, 09:58 PM
3 stars? I'll never understand the random geurilla-rater that lurks around here.

SicEmBaylor
5/21/2008, 09:58 PM
He is a bit of a complex figure, but I'd say he's more conservative than dead-center on most things. I mean his avatar is John McCain growling. JM isn't exactly far-right all the time, but he IS the GOP nominee.

There's a difference between far-right and conservative. Homey is a right-wing nationalist, but not a conservative.

Rogue
5/21/2008, 10:00 PM
There's a difference between far-right and conservative. Homey is a right-wing nationalist, but not a conservative.

Whatever, Sic.

Rogue
5/21/2008, 10:02 PM
SicEm, What's with your avatar? Is there some move afoot to do something against Baylor tradition that I missed? I'm not planning any snide comments, just honestly curious. Although I'd like to reserve the right to make snide comments if your explanation is ridiculous enough.

GottaHavePride
5/21/2008, 10:38 PM

It didn't have anything to do with liberal vs. conservative. Homey is ex-military, and he took offense at military service being lumped in with government jobs, since people serving in the military are subject to military law, not federal law, don't have the option to just up and quit if they don't like it, and face a much higher likelihood of people trying to kill them.

Nothing political about it - he thought the sacrifices made by people in the military were being dismissed casually, and it offended him. Not everything boils down to libz vs. pubz.

olevetonahill
5/21/2008, 10:46 PM
It didn't have anything to do with liberal vs. conservative. Homey is ex-military, and he took offense at military service being lumped in with government jobs, since people serving in the military are subject to military law, not federal law, don't have the option to just up and quit if they don't like it, and face a much higher likelihood of people trying to kill them.

Nothing political about it - he thought the sacrifices made by people in the military were being dismissed casually, and it offended him. Not everything boils down to libz vs. pubz.

Yup
I read that thread tonight .
Tecknically It is a "Gov" job
But In reality It aint .
There were about 5 I think that seemed to be raggin on him .
Id have just Snapped and Capped if it was me .

SicEmBaylor
5/21/2008, 11:26 PM
SicEm, What's with your avatar? Is there some move afoot to do something against Baylor tradition that I missed? I'm not planning any snide comments, just honestly curious. Although I'd like to reserve the right to make snide comments if your explanation is ridiculous enough.

It's sort of a long story, but this is the short end of it...

We've had this new Baylor president, Dr. Lilley, for a couple of years now. Well the guy decides that Baylor needs to be "re-branded" so he hires this marketing firm to make recommendations on how best to market the University. They made several recommendations including:

1. Dropping the interlocking "BU" logo from everything. Traditionally, the "BU" logo has been used by athletics while the written out "Baylor" has been used by academics. The marketing firm said that national TV audiences do not connect "BU" with Baylor so they recommended that we stop using it. The consequence of this was that it'd be removed entirely including from the football helmets, the basketball floor, the stadium, etc.
2. Changing the colors from "green and gold" to "green and yellow" with a standard yellow color (different sports using a slightly different shade of gold).
3. Banning the use of Sailor Bear which is the oldest and most popular bear logo that Baylor markets.

There were a few other things, but those were the major hot-button issues. It caused a huge furor and the President did back down on the football helmets having the BU logo but supposedly it's still going to be dropped from everything else.

As a result of this, and an issue over tenure, our President was likely fired at the last board of regents meeting. We won't know until they make an official announcement but the word has it that he's out.

SicEmBaylor
5/21/2008, 11:27 PM

I just found the thread and read it a few minutes ago. Everyone was talking about him "kicking lib butt" and what not when he returns so naturally I assumed it was strictly a political issue. After reading that thread I find myself in very rare full agreement with Homey.

olevetonahill
5/21/2008, 11:31 PM
My original question Has been answered. Thanks Guys
IM gonna close it Now
Cause See I think Homey Can Take all you Libs :P