PDA

View Full Version : God*** Muther ******

Big Red Ron
5/20/2008, 08:39 PM
The bulls with 1.7% chance to win the draft lottery, win! And the Sonics drop to #4.

There goes Rose and Beasly !!!

13. Portland Trail Blazers
12. Sacramento Kings
11. Indiana Pacers
10. New Jersey Nets
9. Charlotte Bobcats
8. Milwaukee Bucks
7. LA Clippers
6. New York Knicks
5. Memphis Grizzlies
4. Seattle Supersonics
3. Minnesota Timberwolves
2. Miami Heat
1. Chicago Bulls

Eielson
5/20/2008, 08:48 PM
I really don't see at all how the Bulls moved up that much.

That really sucks now. A Bayless or a Lopez is not near what Rose or Beasley would have been. I was really liking the way that Sonics team could look with Rose on it.

Big Red Ron
5/20/2008, 08:59 PM
Looks like Bayless or Mayo. We need a point guard.

r5TPsooner
5/20/2008, 09:05 PM
I like Mayo... on a BLT. :)

GottaHavePride
5/20/2008, 09:08 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Bulls da Bulls da Bulls da Bulls da Bulls da Bulls da Bulls da Bulls da Bulls

tommieharris91
5/20/2008, 09:13 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Bulls da Bulls da Bulls da Bulls da Bulls da Bulls da Bulls da Bulls da Bulls

http://www.thiefsden.net/archives/superfans.jpg

Big Red Ron
5/20/2008, 09:13 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Bulls da Bulls da Bulls da Bulls da Bulls da Bulls da Bulls da Bulls da BullsFark you Ice hole.

:D

Collier11
5/20/2008, 09:44 PM
It may work out, we likely werent getting Rose anyway and I dont know that Beasley pairs well with Durant. I wouldnt mind seeing Gordon or trading down for Augustin. Bayless is a good prospect but he may be a few yrs away IMO

Soonerus
5/20/2008, 09:46 PM
I think the 4th overall pick is pretty good...

Mixer!
5/20/2008, 09:55 PM
Trade next year's first round and somebody for the #1 or #2 slot possiby?

Eielson
5/20/2008, 10:01 PM
Looks like Bayless or Mayo. We need a point guard.

Mayo would be a great pick if it weren't for his character issues.

Collier11
5/20/2008, 10:14 PM
I dont consider taking money a so called character issue, I think it is extremely selfish but remember, it hasnt even been proven yet

soonerfan28
5/21/2008, 08:39 AM
I say we let Seattle keep them this year and make sure they suck enough to get a shot at #1 next year. Then we'll have Durant, whoever we get this year and maybe Big Blake next year.

Mjcpr
5/21/2008, 08:40 AM
I like the Bulls......who will they draft, Beasley? And move Deng to SG or something?

soonerfan28
5/21/2008, 08:44 AM
I like the Bulls......who will they draft, Beasley? And move Deng to SG or something?

I have always liked the Bulls, but since Jordan left they have sucked and last year was just a tease. I'm glad to see them get #1 pick if we didn't get it.

birddog
5/21/2008, 09:43 AM
looks like we'll be getting gordon.

NormanPride
5/21/2008, 09:56 AM
What about the Arizona big man?

tommieharris91
5/21/2008, 10:40 AM
Bulls will probably get Rose, because he's from Chicago and is better than Hinrich. They could use either player though.

SteelClip49
5/21/2008, 10:46 AM
I'm a Clippers fan...more Lottery appearances than winning seasons; we need help. The owner needs to be punched in the sack.

badger
5/21/2008, 11:40 AM
Trade next year's first round and somebody for the #1 or #2 slot possiby?

This isn't the NFL, Mixer :D And no coach is dumb enough to do that when they've got two really, REALLY great prospects this year right in front of them.

The Sonics have great young stars that they shouldn't trade... and nobody else any team would want, both contract-wise and talent-wise.

Draft picks are easier to hold onto in the NBA than the NFL, because of guaranteed contract money at guaranteed spots. There aren't any agents that can negotiate their way out of NBA rules for first round picks like the NFL. Why not take the best players in the NBA draft if you can?

My hope is that they really do their homework and come away with the steal like the Hornets did after drafting Chris Paul. CP3 is the reason Oklahoma City couldn't keep the Hornets... because New Orleans suddenly cared when they had a good player like CP3, lol :rolleyes:

It really was my hope that we could find a way to get the Hornets back somehow instead of becoming Seattle public enemy No. 1, but then again, Seattle didn't do enough to "SAVE OUR SONICS! (clap clap clapclapclap)" like they're whining for now.

BillyBall
5/21/2008, 11:41 AM
As a Bulls fan, I am extremely happy with the lottery obviously.

I hope they take Rose and shop Hinrich but I suspect they draft Beasley and try to force him into the center/PF role that Noah played the last 25 games.

I would love to draft Rose and shop Hinrich, Thomas/Noah, Gordon/Hughes and try to bring in a big man.

But it's John Paxon, so we will probably draft Beasley and trade down for Lopez.

birddog
5/21/2008, 11:46 AM
I think the 4th overall pick is pretty good...

you did see their record, correct? they won 20 games. the percentages were in their favor to get the first pick and they dropped to four. that is not pretty good.

badger
5/21/2008, 01:01 PM
The lottery has been debated for years, but I think it is good because it doesn't reward teams that dog the last games of their seasons or try to lose more to get a certain player. You see NFL teams do it all the time, not playing their starters for the final games of the season either for playoff purposes or for draft purposes, and the NBA doesn't need to go down the route also, considering that an 82-game season is already pretty dilluted as is.

As for falling or rising in the draft, most upper teams hope they don't fall, and most lower teams hope they rise. However, I am gonna call "conspiracy theory" on this one, like always when a team that is down on luck gets a blessing like this. When Jordan went to Washington, he got the first pick. When the Spurs lost David Robinson for a season, they got the first pick. When Lebron was coming out of high school, his home state Cavs got the first pick. Now that the Bulls are far removed from their Jordan-esque years, they magically get the first pick.

I am a closet Bucks fan, so I'll mention our lottery successes too: We were ready for a makeover with new uniforms and colors and everything, and we get the first pick... which we take Glenn Robinson with. Some people might recognize Jason Kidd and Grant Hill (the No. 2 and No. 3 picks of the draft that year) more, so we were lottery bound again after that. We got the first pick again after a sharp fall from the Eastern Conference finals, which we used on Andrew Bogut. I don't think the NBA is going to give us the lottery for a long time now after blowing both picks.

Same goes for the Clippers. They blew their last No. 1 (Michael Olowa....um... CANDY!) and haven't seen the top since because of their poor choices, not cuz of their poor record.

So, that's my thoughts of the lottery potential conspiracies. The top pick choice ALWAYS seems too perfect and hardly ever goes to the worst team. The chance you take when you play the lottery, I guess... but WHY is it always the "perfect" choice on top? hmmmm...

birddog
5/21/2008, 01:06 PM
you'd think then that seattle would be a perfect choice for #1 since they are beginning a new history in a new city. i could see that more than chicago getting the first because jordan played there years ago.

that's if you're looking at it from a conspiracy standpoint.

badger
5/21/2008, 01:34 PM
you'd think then that seattle would be a perfect choice for #1 since they are beginning a new history in a new city. i could see that more than chicago getting the first because jordan played there years ago.

that's if you're looking at it from a conspiracy standpoint.

To counter-conspiracy your conspiracy and raise you 20...

This might be the NBA fearing another wave of Seattle outcry if they lose the team with the No. 1 pick. They just want Seattle to STFU and forget the Sonics. I mean, it's one thing to lose a losing team in an aging arena with hardly any star power. Now, a No. 1 draft pick and the potential for a future star like Beasley? SOMEBODY CALL THE WAAAAAAmbulance! :pop:

trey
5/21/2008, 01:41 PM
I'm a Clippers fan...more Lottery appearances than winning seasons; we need help. The owner needs to be punched in the sack.

Seriously, a Clippers fan? I live in LA and have never met a Clippers fan.

cheezyq
5/21/2008, 01:59 PM
I haven't really been keeping up with the NBA inner-workings the last few years, but if the Bulls go for Beasley instead of Rose, would the Heat pass on Rose, considering they have D-Wade? They're both excellent guards and it would provide them an explosive backcourt. But I can't see them sharing the rock with much enthusiasm.

cheezyq
5/21/2008, 02:00 PM
Seriously, a Clippers fan? I live in LA and have never met a Clippers fan.

That's frickin' funny, right there.

soonerfan28
5/21/2008, 02:05 PM
I haven't really been keeping up with the NBA inner-workings the last few years, but if the Bulls go for Beasley instead of Rose, would the Heat pass on Rose, considering they have D-Wade? They're both excellent guards and it would provide them an explosive backcourt. But I can't see them sharing the rock with much enthusiasm.

Couldn't they move Wade to the 2 and have "an explosive backcourt"?

Statalyzer
5/21/2008, 04:09 PM
and I dont know that Beasley pairs well with Durant.

Are you thinking they wouldn't have gone together well in the sense of not having enough shots between them? If that's the case, I'll think they'll be fine; neither guy seems to be especially selfish, but rather to take lots of shots because they just plain and simple were by far the best option on their team to take those shots.

Then we'll have Durant, whoever we get this year and maybe Big Blake next year.

Too bad they won't end up with Durant, Beasley, and Griffin. That'd be one heck of a trio of Big XII stars.

BillyBall
5/21/2008, 04:13 PM
Couldn't they move Wade to the 2 and have "an explosive backcourt"?

Wade already plays the 2 and Rose already plays the point. No one needs to be moved and Rose is a very unselfish player so I dont see a problem "sharing the rock"

badger
5/21/2008, 04:16 PM
If I remember Jerry Reinsdorf (and I do, because he's da debil) he will go for ruining other team's plans more than making his own team better. Jerry is NOT a genius, he is NOT responsible for ANY success the Bulls had and WILL ruin this opportunity. Sorry, Chicago, but look forward to another lottery year next year... or perhaps I should congratulate you...

CONGRATULATIONS! You now have a chance of being in the Blake Griffin Lottery! Winner gets the best player in the history of basketball. Wow, what are the odds... the Bulls getting BOTH best players in the history of basketball...

;)

soonerfan28
5/21/2008, 08:31 PM
Wade already plays the 2 and Rose already plays the point. No one needs to be moved and Rose is a very unselfish player so I dont see a problem "sharing the rock"

Thanks for the clarification, but just out of curiosity who runs point now.

Eielson
5/22/2008, 12:07 AM
I dont consider taking money a so called character issue, I think it is extremely selfish but remember, it hasnt even been proven yet

I questioned Mayo's character long before these recent accusations.

OU_Sooners75
5/22/2008, 08:10 AM
Will we change that ugly *** logo of the Sonics?

I think it is ready for an overhaul.

BillyBall
5/22/2008, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the clarification, but just out of curiosity who runs point now.

Jason Williams and Marcus Banks

OU_Sooners75
5/22/2008, 08:16 AM

Shouldn't we be questioning USC's character instead?

soonerfan28
5/22/2008, 08:30 AM
Shouldn't we be questioning USC's character instead?

Aren't they going with we didn't see nothin'?

OU_Sooners75
5/22/2008, 08:35 AM
Aren't they going with we didn't see nothin'?

Yeah

Kinda hard to do that when they have gotten a committment from a person that has not even played High School BBall yet. And then hired his father to be Head of Basketball Operations.

USC has no institutional control and the NCAA is allowing it to conitnue.

cheezyq
5/22/2008, 09:47 AM

I'm not saying that I disagree about your assessment of the two, bcuz you very well could be right. But when I look back at the history of the NBA, there aren't too many guard combos like that that stay together, much less have success doing so.

badger
5/22/2008, 09:50 AM

Why I questioned it long ago:
1- An altercation with a ref... don't remember the details, but apparently they got into a row and Mayo was nearly suspended.

2- He had a marijuana possession charge in high school.

3- In his senior year final game, with a minute left, he allegedly threw the ball off the backboard and dunked it when lining up for a free throw, then later threw the ball into the crowd after the game.

4- He has not been a team player while at USC, as he seemed more focused on individual stats (especially points) than winning.

5- As an ultimate FU to his school and college fans, he wore NBA socks in the tourney game against Kansas State.

Here is once again hope that neither the Sonics nor the Bucks draft him.

NormanPride
5/22/2008, 11:06 AM
That kid is everything wrong with the sport of basketball.

Big Red Ron
5/23/2008, 10:27 AM
let's hope this guy is still around at #4

Jerryd Bayless - Current Team: Arizona (http://www.draftexpress.com/clubhouse/Arizona-40/), Freshman Physicals:H: 6' 3"W: 199 lbsBday: 08/20/1988(19 Years Old)

http://www.draftexpress.com/headshots/jerrydbayless.jpg

badger
5/23/2008, 10:34 AM
That kid is everything wrong with the sport of basketball.

He fired his agency, agent and dissociated with that dude that caused all the problems, apparently. He'll have to get a new guy, but can't for another 15 days , as per NBA rules.

From 20th hand accounts (ESPN's most reliable sources that won't give their names), it sounds like Mayo confronted his "strong african american male role model" and the dude hasn't been seen since.

Sounds to me like he didn't want a Gold Digger... or at least didn't want one that he wouldn't be able to have sex with, as per our earlier discussion in this thread :rolleyes:

Thus, he's away from his high school hang-ons, but that makes these guys even more suspect. Perhaps the NBA will punish them by disallowing them to be NBA agents (something that might be the first step in correcting this runner-and-agency problem).

Far more likely, the NBA et al will try to make everyone forget about it. ESPN will have succeeded in turning the conversation away from USC football and thus, they can love USC football all day long once again.

:pop:

Big Red Ron
5/23/2008, 10:41 AM
This Mock draft has us taking Bayless in the first, a 7'1 international player at center and JR Giddons in the second round.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2008/

SteelClip49
5/25/2008, 12:09 PM
yes, I am the only Clippers fan apparently and actually was hoping they would have moved to Oklahoma City but I will not get that wish. People have actually stared at me and asked me, Who are the Clippers? Damn it, we did something 2 years ago and was just 1 win away from the Western Finals!!!! Now it's back to dominating in Lottery appearances.

badger
5/25/2008, 02:58 PM
As a Clippers fan, were you overjoyed or incensed at seeing all the LA celebs show up to Clippers in the playoffs for once that year?

Billy Crystal doesn't count --- he actually is a celebrity Clippers fan :D