PDA

View Full Version : OU email spam filter

proud gonzo
5/20/2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks, OU IT! I'm sure the new spam filter is great. I've already seen a huge difference. Now instead of getting no spam, I've gotten 3 emails today from IT notifying me about the spam messages they've quarantined for me.

Partial Qualifier
5/20/2008, 03:52 PM
That was well thought-out.

StoopTroup
5/20/2008, 05:09 PM
IT GUYS...lol

http://www.appscout.com/images/spam%20boy.jpg

mdklatt
5/20/2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks, OU IT! I'm sure the new spam filter is great. I've already seen a huge difference. Now instead of getting no spam, I've gotten 3 emails today from IT notifying me about the spam messages they've quarantined for me.

No kidding. I'm still getting spam sent to my junk folder, so what is this quarantine business? :confused:

proud gonzo
5/20/2008, 05:39 PM
i dunno. some crap about different levels of spam filtering and i get a bunch of emails that say:

IronPort Spam Quarantine Notification

The message(s) below have been blocked by your administrator as suspected spam.

There are 5 new messages in your Email Quarantine since you received your last IronPort Quarantine Notification. If the messages below are spam, you do not need to take any action.
But it would be appreciated that you delete any messages that you feel are spam to save on system resources. Otherwise messages will be automatically removed from the quarantine after 14 day(s).

If any of the messages below are not spam, click the Not Spam link to have them sent to your Inbox. To see all quarantined messages view your email quarantine.

mdklatt
5/20/2008, 06:22 PM
If the messages below are spam, you do not need to take any action.
But it would be appreciated that you delete any messages that you feel are spam to save on system resources.

So now I have to look through and delete e-mail in two different places, my junk folder and my quarantine folder. I assume there's a way to make everything work like it did before, but when you click on the help link it only talks about the old e-mail filter.