Sooner98
5/20/2008, 12:16 PM
Fox News reporting...

Sooner_Havok
5/20/2008, 12:17 PM
damn

Mjcpr
5/20/2008, 12:18 PM
I've been through that with my dad, I wouldn't wish it upon anybody.

StoopTroup
5/20/2008, 12:18 PM
I always figured it would be the liver.

Tough break.

SoonerStormchaser
5/20/2008, 12:20 PM
Well, booze does screw with your brain cells too...

Still, that sucks...

stoops the eternal pimp
5/20/2008, 12:28 PM
thats terrible....

OklahomaRed
5/20/2008, 12:31 PM
:( Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Flagstaffsooner
5/20/2008, 12:38 PM
Doctors say Sen. Edward Kennedy has a brain tumor
By GLEN JOHNSON
Associated Press Writer

http://hosted.ap.org/photos/9/9c316b12-36ae-41eb-aa82-4ff61b8f0dfb-small.jpg (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/photos/9/9c316b12-36ae-41eb-aa82-4ff61b8f0dfb.html?SITE=VOICESD&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)

AP Photo/BOSTON (AP) -- A cancerous brain tumor caused the seizure Sen. Edward M. Kennedy suffered over the weekend, doctors said Tuesday in a grim diagnosis for one of American politics' most enduring figures.Doctors for the Massachusetts Democrat say tests conducted after Kennedy suffered a seizure this weekend show a tumor in his left parietal lobe. Preliminary results from a biopsy of the brain identified the cause of the seizure as a malignant glioma.
His treatment will be decided after more tests but the usual course includes combinations of radiation and chemotherapy.
The 76-year-old senator has been hospitalized in Boston since Saturday, when he was airlifted from Cape Cod after a seizure at his home.
"He has had no further seizures, remains in good overall condition, and is up and walking around the hospital," said a joint statement issued by Dr. Lee Schwamm, vice chairman of the Department of Neurology at Massachusetts General Hospital and Dr. Larry Ronan, Kennedy's primary care physician.
The doctors said Kennedy will remain in the hospital "for the next couple of days according to routine protocol."
"He remains in good spirits and full of energy," they said.
Kennedy's wife and children have been with him each day but have made no public statements.
Malignant gliomas are a type of brain cancer diagnosed in about 9,000 Americans a year - and the most common type among adults. It's a starting diagnosis: How well patients fare depends on what specific tumor type is determined by further testing.
Average survival can range from less than a year for very advanced and aggressive types - such as glioblastomas - or to about five years for different types that are slower growing.
Kennedy, the second-longest serving member of the Senate and a dominant figure in national Democratic Party politics, was elected in 1962, filling out the term won by his brother, John F. Kennedy.
Kennedy eldest brother, Joseph, was killed in a World War II airplane crash. President John Kennedy was assassinated in 1963 and his brother Robert was assassinated in 1968.
Kennedy is active for his age, maintaining an aggressive schedule on Capitol Hill and across Massachusetts. He has made several campaign appearances for the Illinois senator in February, and most recently another in April.
---

x

Hot Rod
5/20/2008, 12:48 PM
IZ NOT A TUMOR!

r5TPsooner
5/20/2008, 12:49 PM
I've been through that with my dad, I wouldn't wish it upon anybody.

God bless you Mjcpr. Me too. They said he had three months to live and they were spot on. A terrible way to go and something I'll never forget.

Mjcpr
5/20/2008, 12:57 PM
God bless you Mjcpr. Me too. They said he had three months to live and they were spot on. A terrible way to go and something I'll never forget.

Yep, my dad was diagnosed in October and died in January. He had a glioblastoma multiforme which is, apparently, the most aggressive kind to have. :(

texas bandman
5/20/2008, 01:00 PM
My prayers are with him and his family.

soonerscuba
5/20/2008, 01:43 PM
In the first thread, there were several people hoping he would die. I guess you get your wish. I look forward to hearing from the posters (some of which have already posted in this one) who will be celebrating a stranger's slow, painful death. Enjoy!

Fugue
5/20/2008, 01:45 PM
In the first thread, there were several people hoping he would die. I guess you get your wish. I look forward to hearing from the posters (some of which have already posted in this one) who will be celebrating a stranger's slow, painful death. Enjoy!

well this thread was fine until you did this.

Fugue
5/20/2008, 01:45 PM
prayers for him and his family

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/20/2008, 01:47 PM
I'm *this* close to deleting that post.

soonerscuba
5/20/2008, 01:49 PM
I'm *this* close to deleting that post.
I'll back off then, if you think you should, go ahead.

r5TPsooner
5/20/2008, 01:50 PM
Some folks get worked up over the damnedest things.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/20/2008, 01:57 PM
Good luck to him. Dang.

crawfish
5/20/2008, 02:08 PM
That stinks. I'm sorry for him and his family...

JohnnyMack
5/20/2008, 02:13 PM
In defense of scuba, did any of you actually read the first thread about this? Talk about needing to be deleted.

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/20/2008, 02:24 PM
I read it. I didn't say it wasn't ugly and I ain't saying scuba's wrong. That's why I'm not deleting it even after folks are reporting the post.

I'm just saying that now that it's fairly certain he's about to have some very dark and difficult times, bringing all that ugly in here ain't very cool, that's all.

Just my opinion.

OUbones
5/20/2008, 03:07 PM
I read it. I didn't say it wasn't ugly and I ain't saying scuba's wrong. That's why I'm not deleting it even after folks are reporting the post.

I'm just saying that now that it's fairly certain he's about to have some very dark and difficult times, bringing all that ugly in here ain't very cool, that's all.

Just my opinion.

Oh so now we're going to take the high road, what a joke.

Fugue
5/20/2008, 03:12 PM
Unbelievable.

Scott D
5/20/2008, 03:16 PM
sucks to be him.

in other news, 85Sooner is no doubt having a death pool ;)

yermom
5/20/2008, 03:19 PM
he's 76, that's got to be some kinda record for a male Kennedy :eek:

Scott D
5/20/2008, 03:22 PM
his old man lived to 81. But he was disabled from 73 on (stroke), so he was probably mooching off of the government according to Homey. ;)

BlondeSoonerGirl
5/20/2008, 04:02 PM
Oh so now we're going to take the high road, what a joke.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Unbelievable.

I agree.

*shakes head*

olevetonahill
5/20/2008, 05:11 PM
I guess Im on the Lower Middle road.
I said Id Like to see him messed up bad enough to leave Not Die

Curly Bill
5/20/2008, 05:14 PM
I got no love for the man or his politics, but this is a bad deal that I wouldn't have wished on him.

StoopTroup
5/20/2008, 05:18 PM
As a Senator...

The People of Massachusetts were to blame for him being in power.

I can't even blame him for the politics during his reign.

The Chappaquiddick fiasco...

That will always be the thing he's remembered for the most more than likely.

Having two of your Brothers murdered in cold blood gives you some special compensation from me.

John and Robert didn't deserve to die either.

Harry Beanbag
5/20/2008, 05:39 PM
Fight the good fight Ted.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/20/2008, 06:25 PM
In the first thread, there were several people hoping he would die. I guess you get your wish. I look forward to hearing from the posters (some of which have already posted in this one) who will be celebrating a stranger's slow, painful death. Enjoy!I didn't participate in that first thread. I'm not gonna in this one, either, except to ask, srsly, of the peeps on the left, how would you react if the same thing happened to Castro?

Sooner_Havok
5/20/2008, 06:32 PM
I didn't participate in that first thread. I'm not gonna in this one, either, except to ask, srsly, of the peeps on the left, how would you react if the same thing happened to Castro?

Hooray, Kennedy is Castro now!

soonerscuba
5/20/2008, 06:38 PM
I didn't participate in that first thread. I'm not gonna in this one, either, except to ask, srsly, of the peeps on the left, how would you react if the same thing happened to Castro?
With indifference. How can you not tell the difference between a democratically elected 5 term member of the United States Senate and Fidel Castro?

Sooner_Havok
5/20/2008, 06:43 PM
With indifference. How can you not tell the difference between a democratically elected 5 term member of the United States Senate and Fidel Castro?

Blinders

YWIA

Jerk
5/20/2008, 06:45 PM
Yall should have seen some of the posts at D.U. after Charlton Heston died or Laura Ingram got diagnosed with breast cancer.

I ain't sayin' two wrongs make a right, but just that both sides have the people who are like this.

Sooner_Havok
5/20/2008, 06:47 PM
Yall should have seen some of the posts at D.U. after Charlton Heston died or Laura Ingram got diagnosed with breast cancer.

I ain't sayin' two wrongs make a right, but just that both sides have the people who are like this.

I liked ole Chuck. No really I did. I liked him as an actor and as a second amendment activist.

5/20/2008, 06:48 PM
Hiya, Havok!

Sooner_Havok
5/20/2008, 06:49 PM
Hiya, Havok!

Ah ****, you can't see me can you?

5/20/2008, 06:51 PM
With indifference. How can you not tell the difference between a democratically elected 5 term member of the United States Senate and Fidel Castro?They are different in other ways, too.

Sooner_Havok
5/20/2008, 06:55 PM
Ah ****, you can't see me can you?

Crisis averted, he can't.

VeeJay
5/20/2008, 06:58 PM
I don't agree with most of what he's done, and his character flaws are legendary. But, again, some of the ideals he's held to have benefitted most if not all of us at some point in time.

This is bad news and my prayers are with him.

Harry Beanbag
5/20/2008, 07:15 PM

Actually, he came to the Senate in 1962, so he has to be on at least his 8th term now.

85Sooner
5/20/2008, 07:31 PM
sucks to be him.

in other news, 85Sooner is no doubt having a death pool ;)

I really thought about not responding to this thread.
However. I will make no bones about it.
I do not like the Kennedys. I don't like anyone who has achieved their power through criminal activity and ruled with an iron thumb Their corruption is that of epic proportions and I personally consider their family to be a poor example of what it is to be good Americans. Their disfunction and notorious behavior is what history will remember about them. Possibly only Joe Jr gets a pass on this one. That said all I can pray for is God to have mercy on his soul and may his suffering be short. Unrepentant criminals don't deserve anything more.

olevetonahill
5/20/2008, 09:31 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I agree.

*shakes head*

I neged him fer ya booty :hot:

olevetonahill
5/20/2008, 09:35 PM
I do not like the Kennedys. I don't like anyone who has achieved their power through criminal activity and ruled with an iron thumb Their corruption is that of epic proportions and I personally consider their family to be a poor example of what it is to be good Americans. Their disfunction and notorious behavior is what history will remember about them. Possibly only Joe Jr gets a pass on this one. That said all I can pray for is God to have mercy on his soul and may his suffering be short. Unrepentant criminals don't deserve anything more.

Whut he said

r5TPsooner
5/20/2008, 09:43 PM

Have some green. Great post!

C&CDean
5/20/2008, 10:26 PM
Seven words for the fine senator from Massachusetts.

May God have mercy on your soul.

I hope his end is painless, quick, and sure. He's lived a full life, and deserves nothing more, nothing less.

5/21/2008, 04:28 AM
He has a nice rack.

I wish him well facing his end.

I fully expect the same be wished upon me near my exit.