PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech and Mizzou to BCS Bowls.

soonerfan28
5/20/2008, 08:23 AM
I like how collegefootballnews.com has us going to the Cotton and Tech and Mizzou going to the Fiesta and Orange. At least they are calling it the way early projections. I just think it's funny that Tech would represnt the Big 12. We almost beat them there with Halzle and they have to come here this year.
Here's the link.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/755198.html

JLEW1818
5/20/2008, 12:13 PM
Ya they didn't even have us going to a bcs bowl last year either. I do see tech getting in a bcs bowl though, and of course OU. However, that would mean that Mizzo and UT would not be allowed in a bcs bowl regardless of record. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong please, but can only 2 teams from a conference go to a BCS bowl?

soonermix
5/20/2008, 12:35 PM
Pete Fiutak is an idiot

MojoRisen
5/20/2008, 01:46 PM
Yep 2 teams from each major conference-

Tech is good but, nothing is going to be new about them... Just 8 months older. I think we come out and hammer them this year - they got us 2 out of 3 lately. Time for some payback.

soonerfan28
5/20/2008, 01:59 PM
Yep 2 teams from each major conference-

Tech is good but, nothing is going to be new about them... Just 8 months older. I think we come out and hammer them this year - they got us 2 out of 3 lately. Time for some payback.

I agree that we will stomp them in Norman and I can't wait to see it. Hopefully they are ranked and it will be even sweeter.

starrca23
5/20/2008, 02:30 PM
Tech is just the trendy pick right now. I really think with the Leach style of ball you have the ability to win just about any game. The down side being that if your quarterback is off and throws two or three picks you could just as well loose a game you shouldn't. I would think that they would have a very hard time making it all the way to the Big XII title game even if they "should" be there.

soonerfan28
5/20/2008, 02:57 PM
Tech is just the trendy pick right now. I really think with the Leach style of ball you have the ability to win just about any game. The down side being that if your quarterback is off and throws two or three picks you could just as well loose a game you shouldn't. I would think that they would have a very hard time making it all the way to the Big XII title game even if they "should" be there.

If our D-backs are as good as they played in the Red/White game then they should try and throw all night and he we will have 3 or 4 picks.

sooner518
5/20/2008, 05:21 PM
Pete Fiutak is an idiot

seconded.

I swear, if we have to go to the freakin Fiesta again....... that place is just bad mojo

JLEW1818
5/20/2008, 08:11 PM
I think tech gets 2nd place in the south, and earn a bcs bid b/c they will pull a Georgia like last year. Who ever loses the big 12 championship game (mizzo), will be in the cotton bowl. Texas have fun in the holiday bowl /Alamo bowl. Heck I wouldn’t mind it if they were in the Texas bowl down in Houston. I'd love to go see that.

soonerfan28
5/20/2008, 08:28 PM
I think tech gets 2nd place in the south, and earn a bcs bid b/c they will pull a Georgia like last year. Who ever loses the big 12 championship game (mizzo), will be in the cotton bowl. Texas have fun in the holiday bowl /Alamo bowl. Heck I wouldn’t mind it if they were in the Texas bowl down in Houston. I'd love to go see that.

I think that this may be the year they don't have double digit wins. I can't think of anybody that they have that will be a game changing reciever and they have no proven running back, so it may be a long year for Texas.

goingoneight
5/20/2008, 08:46 PM
Tech is a pick that keeps on picking right now it seems. The more people drop hints about Tech being good, the further the delusion reaches. Four weeks into the season, they'll be "on their way" to a National Championship.

Having said that, I don't see it as impossible for them to enter Norman undefeated. In fact, I'd give them a better chance at 10-0 than us knowing how nicely their schedule sets up for them and knowing how we tend to hiccup every now and then.

Tceh's schedule:
Eastern Washington = W
@ Nevada = W (only a game for three quarters IMO)
Southern Methodist = W
Massatoositz = W
@ K-State = W (I just don't see KSU going in the right direction, but Freeman has been known to surprise at times)
Cornbraska = W (unless Pelini really gets it going quickly, tough road game)
@ aTm = W (I've yet to see a Leach team intimidated by the agroids, and they do well in CS with the no-huddle... hopefully OUr version works well in Doggieland, too.)
@ Kansas = * (we'll just see if Kansas can keep it up... let's not forget that their roster is paper-thin. Mangino is a proven big-time game-manager, but does this team have the fuel to keep it up with a gigantic target on their backs now?)
Texass = W (Usually, UT seems to have their number... but Jones ATT will have a lot to cheer for and I just feel comfortable with my prediction unless Texass's new DC sets the world on fire down there)
Okie Light = W (OSU is 0-fer in Lubbock, and the 41-year old man ain't too much better on the road overall.)

Meanwhile, we're getting mystery meats in Cincinatti and TCU, a road game at UW, the unpredictable RRS, Orange Bowl Champ Kansas coming to town (granted, TT has them on the road, but hey... a BCS winnar is a BCS winnar), road games at Snyder Family and Collie Station and Nebraska... another mystery meat I'll bet plays us better than they do TT simply based on the history and rivalry.

We'll both be favored likely in all of OUr games, but TT's ride to November 22nd looks a lot easier. Still, even if we're a 2-loss team (:eek), I'm comfortable with saying we pour it on 'em in Nompton.

JLEW1818
5/21/2008, 01:24 AM
I see Tech losing to kstate and Oklahoma.

sorry bout that

soonerfan28
5/21/2008, 08:06 AM
I see Tech losing to Colorado and Oklahoma.
They don't play Colorado this year, but I think they can lose @K-State & @Kansas and of course we'll give them a beating.

Blitzkrieg
5/21/2008, 09:33 AM
Every year pundits label tech or Okie Lite as a darkhorse. One day, they will be right, maybe. The thing is no one calls you on being wrong when you put the caveat of "Early pick", or "darkhorse" on there.

cheezyq
5/21/2008, 01:35 PM
...they got us 2 out of 3 lately....

That's the way it is in the history books, unfortunately. People who watched the game know differently.

royalfan5
5/21/2008, 01:37 PM
They don't play Colorado this year, but I think they can lose @K-State & @Kansas and of course we'll give them a beating.

You really think Prince and his army of JUCO's will slow Tech down?

soonerfan28
5/21/2008, 01:48 PM
I said they can lose not that they will lose.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/21/2008, 03:18 PM
I sort of subscribe to the Atlanta Braves theory, in that until the top dog is finally knocked off for good, it makes no sense to pick against them every year until they're finally knocked off. How many times in the early part of the decade did the pundits pick the Mets or the Phillies to win the NL East, only to have the Braves win it again. In the case of the Big XII South, OU or Texas has won the division every year since 1999 and I don't expect that to change. And as for Mizzou, until they can beat either OU or Texas, it would be unwise to pick them to win the conference.

soonerfan28
5/21/2008, 08:37 PM
I just got through watching us pound Mizzou in the championship and I just love the part where CL got in Chase's face after the chase from behind. Can't wait to face this a-hole again.

goingoneight
5/21/2008, 10:27 PM
I don't really care for Mizzou, and as long as they run that offense where anyone with a pule knows what they're doing, I guess I'll continue to scoff at them. However, it would be kind of funny to see another BIG 12 legend go 0-4 against OU.

AllAboutThe'O'
5/21/2008, 11:11 PM
I don't really care for Mizzou, and as long as they run that offense where anyone with a pule knows what they're doing, I guess I'll continue to scoff at them. However, it would be kind of funny to see another BIG 12 legend go 0-4 against OU.

Plus, Chase Daniel's sister attended Texas. Even more fuel for the fire.