PDA

View Full Version : Another Pet Peeve

C&CDean
5/19/2008, 09:11 PM
Fat, no-account family members.

My 4th son graduated from high school this past Friday night. All the relatives from up in Iowa came down for the party (cause up there graduating from high school is pretty much the pinnacle of a person's existence).

Anyhow, we had 12 people spending the night Friday and Saturday nights. Four of them were my wife's sister-in-law and her 3 daughters (one of which had her two kids who were both younger than 3). The sister-in-law is beyond morbidly obese. Seriously, she's maybe 5'1", and goes at least 350+. She pretty much is a complete physically handicapped lump. Her 3 daughters (all in their 20's) are pretty much heading down the same road. All 4 of them were standing side by side and their asses were about 25 yards wide.

They all took the big upstairs room where we have 4 beds. After we loaded them up on Sunday (literally because they couldn't load their own ****) we went upstairs to clean up. Oh. My. God. There were towels, sheets and pillows scattered everywhere. Not a bed was made, the TV was still running, and they left all kinds of clothes laying around. The alarm clock was unplugged as one of them plugged in a fan to blow on them to dry the ****ing sweat between their rolls.

WTF is wrong with these people? Who stays at somebody's house and leaves the beds unmade, **** scattered everywhere, and even food and crap laying around the bedroom?

SicEmBaylor
5/19/2008, 09:13 PM
The only thing I disagree with you on somewhat is the issue of the beds not being made. Presumably you would strip the bed clothes and wash them after the guest leaves therefore there would be little reason to make the bed except for very temporary aesthetic purposes which may, in actuality, be reason enough to make the bed.

r5TPsooner
5/19/2008, 09:13 PM

My 4th son graduated from high school this past Friday night. All the relatives from up in Iowa came down for the party (cause up there graduating from high school is pretty much the pinnacle of a person's existence).

Anyhow, we had 12 people spending the night Friday and Saturday nights. Four of them were my wife's sister-in-law and her 3 daughters (one of which had her two kids who were both younger than 3). The sister-in-law is beyond morbidly obese. Seriously, she's maybe 5'1", and goes at least 350+. She pretty much is a complete physically handicapped lump. Her 3 daughters (all in their 20's) are pretty much heading down the same road. All 4 of them were standing side by side and their asses were about 25 yards wide.

They all took the big upstairs room where we have 4 beds. After we loaded them up on Sunday (literally because they couldn't load their own ****) we went upstairs to clean up. Oh. My. God. There were towels, sheets and pillows scattered everywhere. Not a bed was made, the TV was still running, and they left all kinds of clothes laying around. The alarm clock was unplugged as one of them plugged in a fan to blow on them to dry the ****ing sweat between their rolls.

WTF is wrong with these people? Who stays at somebody's house and leaves the beds unmade, **** scattered everywhere, and even food and crap laying around the bedroom?

Pigs

olevetonahill
5/19/2008, 09:16 PM
Unmade beds = Saved Yall the trouble Of strippin emNow didnt it ?
Fan plugged in = Saved you the trouble Of have in to Plug it in after you opened the winder to air the stinky place out .
every Cloud has its silver Lining :D

r5TPsooner
5/19/2008, 09:17 PM
I bet they stole a roll or two of **** paper.

VeeJay
5/19/2008, 09:22 PM
The only thing I disagree with you on somewhat is the issue of the beds not being made. Presumably you would strip the bed clothes and wash them after the guest leaves therefore there would be little reason to make the bed except for very temporary aesthetic purposes which may, in actuality, be reason enough to make the bed.

Good God!

VeeJay
5/19/2008, 09:24 PM
All 4 of them were standing side by side and their asses were about 25 yards wide.

So, if you laid them down side by side, that could be a Robbie Knievel jump.

Everyone has a purpose in life. Just sayin.'

SicEmBaylor
5/19/2008, 09:33 PM
Good God!

:confused:

C&CDean
5/19/2008, 09:40 PM

The guests should have stripped the beds and offered to wash the sheets. But that would have taken a little effort. Instead, they left everything right where it was after they got up on Sunday morning.

To top it all off, the mom said "oh I don't eat breakfast" on Sunday morning when my wife offered sausage, bacon and eggs. Instead, she said "I'll just have a little toast." My wife makes 2 slices of toast and gives it to her. She slathers it in about a half-inch of butter, and then tops it with another half inch of peanut butter. A few minutes later I notice she has a couple more pieces on her plate. She quietly toasted almost half a loaf of bread and at damn near a half a deal of butter and half a jar of peanut butter on them. Before lunch she was snacking because "I didn't eat a big breakfast like you guys did." GAH.

SicEmBaylor
5/19/2008, 09:42 PM
The guests should have stripped the beds and offered to wash the sheets. But that would have taken a little effort. Instead, they left everything right where it was after they got up on Sunday morning.

To top it all off, the mom said "oh I don't eat breakfast" on Sunday morning when my wife offered sausage, bacon and eggs. Instead, she said "I'll just have a little toast." My wife makes 2 slices of toast and gives it to her. She slathers it in about a half-inch of butter, and then tops it with another half inch of peanut butter. A few minutes later I notice she has a couple more pieces on her plate. She quietly toasted almost half a loaf of bread and at damn near a half a deal of butter and half a jar of peanut butter on them. Before lunch she was snacking because "I didn't eat a big breakfast like you guys did." GAH.

Yeah alright, I'm in agreement with you then.

proud gonzo
5/19/2008, 09:56 PM
IMO, if you're not going to strip the bed you should at least leave it looking neat.

GottaHavePride
5/19/2008, 10:01 PM
I hate stupid people.

And some people are fat because of genetic conditions. You know, no matter how little they eat, they get fat. Those fat people I don't mind, because it's not their fault.

SOME people are fat cause they're dumb and lazy. Lord I hate those.

Frozen Sooner
5/19/2008, 10:06 PM

Yeah, well **** you too, buddy. :D

Soonerus
5/19/2008, 10:09 PM

humanoids are unbelievable...

sooner_born_1960
5/19/2008, 10:11 PM
Dean, guess what they did in the shower. Yep. Snot rockets.

olevetonahill
5/19/2008, 10:26 PM
I hate stupid people.

And some people are fat because of genetic conditions. You know, no matter how little they eat, they get fat. Those fat people I don't mind, because it's not their fault.

Im fat cause I drink to much so :P

Soonerus
5/19/2008, 10:28 PM
Ole, your picture of yourself was not of a fat man ????

olevetonahill
5/19/2008, 10:29 PM
Ole, your picture of yourself was not of a fat man ????

That wuz My Granpa !
Pay tention
Tention Ho :P

Soonerus
5/19/2008, 10:30 PM
That wuz My Granpa !
Pay tention
Tention Ho :P

Ok, so you are a fat man....thanks...

soonerboomer93
5/19/2008, 10:57 PM
Yeah, well **** you too, buddy. :D

QFT :D

yermom
5/20/2008, 12:06 AM
ugh, i agree with SicEm

and Froze

olevetonahill
5/20/2008, 12:16 AM
ugh, i agree with SicEm

and Froze

Thats pretty twisted !:eek:

swardboy
5/20/2008, 05:38 AM
That's pretty bad, but count your blessings...you didn't have to ride all the way back to Iowa with them!

StoopTroup
5/20/2008, 06:56 AM
I bet they blew their noses in the shower.

Better get to cleaning. :D

badger
5/20/2008, 11:18 AM
My guess is that your in-laws got into these habits of leaving appliances on and leaving messes behind long before they were obese.

If it really does bother you, there are ways around the inevitable messes guests leave behind. For example, plant a laundry basket in the room and request that any laundry that needs to be done be planted in the basket. This is a simple request and one that won't raise too many eyebrows. It's like putting garbage into trash can --- it's harder to leave a trashy mess when there's trash cans around.

Next, your appliances. If your house doesn't have air conditioning (and I assume it doesn't, since you have fans and had to open windows), don't provide a fan if you don't wan them to use it. Allow them to open windows instead. Same goes for the television. They're going to turn it on if its there. Leaving a radio unplugged doesn't sound so bad in a spare room.

Finally, the breakfast. Your in-law probably only used peanut butter and regular butter because it was so readily available. If you're concerned about guests eating all of your food or causing trouble around mealtime, there is a very simply solution (aside from taking everyone to a restaurant and not picking up their tab). All you have to do is ignore special requests. Your wife made what sounds like a very delicious breakfast. If they didn't want to eat it, then there should be no other options. I know that you're trying to be nice to guests and family members and all, but it is not too much to say that other food items "are being saved for later meals," because, after all, you're not a restaurant and shouldn't be expected to provide for any and all requests for meals.

I'm not trying to make excuses for them - they clearly were out of place in making a mess of your house and taking food not served. However, I'm just offering alternatives that can solve problems with people that probably will not change.

Oh... and congrats on your graduate. Iowa actually is filled with college-bound students, unlike the stereotypes that exist about the midwest farm states. However, there is no greater midwest farm state than Wisconsin :D

OklahomaRed
5/20/2008, 11:29 AM
Dean, tell your son congratulations. Awesome young man. I know you guys are proud of him.

Tell your sister-in-law to go back to Iowa and get on welfare, after all, that's what it's for. To take care of the poor huddled masses yearning to be free. :D

StoopTroup
5/20/2008, 12:04 PM
Dean, tell your son congratulations.

I concur.

WTG!

Sooner_Havok
5/20/2008, 12:12 PM
I hate stupid people.

I'm fat cause I only eat about once a day. I'm not going to lie, I don't exercise as much as I should, but I am sure eating one meal a day isn't good for the old metabolism.

But even my fat *** asks the home owner if he wants me to strip the bed or make it when we are done/ I was always under the impression that if someone is gracious enough to let you stay in their home, you should leave the room in the same condition as you found it.

VeeJay
5/20/2008, 07:00 PM
Do girls pee in the shower? I hope not.

soonerscuba
5/20/2008, 07:42 PM
Do girls pee in the shower? I hope not.
It costs extra, and you just feel silly when it's done.

VeeJay
5/20/2008, 08:42 PM
It costs extra, and you just feel silly when it's done.

Sounds like you've been there, done that.

LilSooner
5/20/2008, 09:28 PM
Congrats Lil Dean!

C&CDean
5/20/2008, 09:50 PM
Just to clear things up, this isn't a fat rant. These particular family members just happen to be fat - in addition to being pigs. I can handle a clean fat person (lord knows homey is fatter than he oughta be), but when you're beyond fat - nay - o-****ing-bese, and then you **** upon your relatives hospitality by leaving your filth everywhere, Katy bar the ****ing door.

At least two of the deadly sins were commited up at the hizzouse this weekend. Sloth, and gluttony. Gluttony I can live with since I've been known to eat my weight in chicken fry, personally cause the death of at least 3 dozen chickens when I get my hot wing on, and I could make Luciano Pavarotti go "damn dude, you eat lots of basghetti" when I'm getting my Italian fix. The whole sloth thing I can't handle. Get up, pick up your ****, and leave the ****ing place cleaner than you found it. Is it really that hard?

Frozen Sooner
5/20/2008, 09:51 PM
'zat mean you ate 3 dozen chicken wings? Or 6 dozen? I'm pretty sure that a chicken can live with only one wing, but if you take both off 'em they're toast.

Either way, well done.

olevetonahill
5/20/2008, 09:54 PM
'zat mean you ate 3 dozen chicken wings? Or 6 dozen? I'm pretty sure that a chicken can live with only one wing, but if you take both off 'em they're toast.

Either way, well done.

He said "Death " so I used My slide rule and calculated it to be 6 dozen wings :P

Frozen Sooner
5/20/2008, 09:55 PM
That's truly impressive.

olevetonahill
5/20/2008, 09:56 PM
That's truly impressive.

Im good like that :D

Frozen Sooner
5/20/2008, 09:57 PM
I gotta wonder why Dean is crappin' on Homey, though. I know I only met the dude once and I was pretty drunk at the time, but he didn't seem like he was out of shape or anything to me.

olevetonahill
5/20/2008, 09:59 PM
I gotta wonder why Dean is crappin' on Homey, though. I know I only met the dude once and I was pretty drunk at the time, but he didn't seem like he was out of shape or anything to me.

I think he gots Me and Homey confused :confused:

Frozen Sooner
5/20/2008, 10:00 PM
Well, to be totally fair, in comparison an Italian tenor looks slender next to me.

C&CDean
5/20/2008, 10:01 PM
My guess is that your in-laws got into these habits of leaving appliances on and leaving messes behind long before they were obese.

If it really does bother you, there are ways around the inevitable messes guests leave behind. For example, plant a laundry basket in the room and request that any laundry that needs to be done be planted in the basket. This is a simple request and one that won't raise too many eyebrows. It's like putting garbage into trash can --- it's harder to leave a trashy mess when there's trash cans around.

Next, your appliances. If your house doesn't have air conditioning (and I assume it doesn't, since you have fans and had to open windows), don't provide a fan if you don't wan them to use it. Allow them to open windows instead. Same goes for the television. They're going to turn it on if its there. Leaving a radio unplugged doesn't sound so bad in a spare room.

Finally, the breakfast. Your in-law probably only used peanut butter and regular butter because it was so readily available. If you're concerned about guests eating all of your food or causing trouble around mealtime, there is a very simply solution (aside from taking everyone to a restaurant and not picking up their tab). All you have to do is ignore special requests. Your wife made what sounds like a very delicious breakfast. If they didn't want to eat it, then there should be no other options. I know that you're trying to be nice to guests and family members and all, but it is not too much to say that other food items "are being saved for later meals," because, after all, you're not a restaurant and shouldn't be expected to provide for any and all requests for meals.

I'm not trying to make excuses for them - they clearly were out of place in making a mess of your house and taking food not served. However, I'm just offering alternatives that can solve problems with people that probably will not change.

Oh... and congrats on your graduate. Iowa actually is filled with college-bound students, unlike the stereotypes that exist about the midwest farm states. However, there is no greater midwest farm state than Wisconsin :D

Huh?

I may live in the country, but we have A/C. It was perfect weather, so we left the windows open. Also, we have tons of food out in the country. We may get stuck out there due to weather, so we've got like a 6-month supply of grub. I don't expect our fatass guests to grub it down in one weekend though and leave crumbs and wrappers all over the bedroom.

When relatives or friends are over, the pantry, fridge, freezers, and every other food source is wide open and they are welcome to help themselves. I don't have a problem with people grubbing down. My problem is them grubbing down in the kitchen, then grubbing down in the living room, then grubbing down in the bedroom and leaving their trash all over the place. Even that I could live with if they'd just pick up their basic mess.

If you choose to be unhealthily obese then that's your business. However, just because you're huge doesn't mean you've gotta be a ****ing pig. No?

olevetonahill
5/20/2008, 10:05 PM
Dean , Ya said that with such Love and Tact . you the Man.

C&CDean
5/20/2008, 10:07 PM
Dean , Ya said that with such Love and Tact . you the Man.

Brother, I try. You don't know how hard I try...

LilSooner
5/20/2008, 10:08 PM
I really expected a much worse *** ripping than that.

You just don't question the Dean that's just all there is to it.

olevetonahill
5/20/2008, 10:08 PM
Brother, I try. You don't know how hard I try...

You do such a Fine Jorb tho .

olevetonahill
5/20/2008, 10:13 PM
Hey Bro Heres My pet
Mofos what come to a Funeral and Stay , and stay , and stay .
I remember My Last ex wifes Dad died , they schedualed the funeral a week after :eek:
Some Fat relitives showed at ex MILs shack the day after FIL croaked . stayed for a week after . My ex MIL was going ape****
She axed me what should she do ?
I said Ya want em gone ? she said YES !
I pulled a Dean . they left that day .

olevetonahill
5/20/2008, 10:14 PM

We are seeing the NEW , Kinder and Gentler Dean .:cool:

SoonerJack
5/21/2008, 09:17 AM
IOWA - I'm On Weightwatchers Again

C&CDean
5/21/2008, 09:27 AM

Well Badger gets a break cause a) she's a female, and b) she's a Packer fan. In hindsight, I probably should have ripped her a newer, larger *******, but I ain't in the mood. She's gonna have to settle with a newer, more gentle *******...

Oldnslo
5/21/2008, 09:57 AM
well of course they snotted up the shower. peed, too. But, you know what else they did?

sniffed their fingers after the wipe.

and didn't wash hands.

dolemitesooner
5/21/2008, 10:01 AM

Yermom? :) I have gotten into huge agruments with him about the making of bads. I still love the guy tho...lmao

frankensooner
5/21/2008, 10:02 AM
I wonder, did she stick her fat tounge into the peanut butter jar?

When I was a kid, we always had family "come visitin'" My rail-thin cousin had a 450-500 lb hubby and he would eat all the dang chicken legs, it caused me great personal pain as I loved fried chicken legs. Luckily, my cousin was thin and neat and we didn't experience the messy problems. ;)

NormanPride
5/21/2008, 10:05 AM
Well Badger gets a break cause a) she's a female, and b) she's a Packer fan. In hindsight, I probably should have ripped her a newer, larger *******, but I ain't in the mood. She's gonna have to settle with a newer, more gentle *******...

I'd defend her here, but she kind of deserved that one. :D

C&CDean
5/21/2008, 10:06 AM
well of course they snotted up the shower. peed, too. But, you know what else they did?

sniffed their fingers after the wipe.

and didn't wash hands.

Dude, chicks don't snot in the shower. It's strictly a nasty-assed man without a lick of home training thing. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't eating in the shower.

dolemitesooner
5/21/2008, 10:08 AM
Just to clear things up, this isn't a fat rant. These particular family members just happen to be fat - in addition to being pigs. I can handle a clean fat person (lord knows homey is fatter than he oughta be), but when you're beyond fat - nay - o-****ing-bese, and then you **** upon your relatives hospitality by leaving your filth everywhere, Katy bar the ****ing door.

At least two of the deadly sins were commited up at the hizzouse this weekend. Sloth, and gluttony. Gluttony I can live with since I've been known to eat my weight in chicken fry, personally cause the death of at least 3 dozen chickens when I get my hot wing on, and I could make Luciano Pavarotti go "damn dude, you eat lots of basghetti" when I'm getting my Italian fix. The whole sloth thing I can't handle. Get up, pick up your ****, and leave the ****ing place cleaner than you found it. Is it really that hard?I am 100% agree

NormanPride
5/21/2008, 10:14 AM
Dude, chicks don't snot in the shower. It's strictly a nasty-assed man without a lick of home training thing. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't eating in the shower.

You really think the same etiquette that your wife shows applies to those feedbags-on-legs?

C&CDean
5/21/2008, 10:26 AM
You really think the same etiquette that your wife shows applies to those feedbags-on-legs?

Prolly not. We've been up to their places several times. The only one standing at the sink doing dishes, sweeping the floor, making the beds, cooking the meals, etc. is my wife and one of the daughters (the "skinniest" one with an *** that's only a fathom or so wide).

JohnnyMack
5/21/2008, 10:28 AM
I would just like to say that Dean is in fact an *******. He's newer and gentler, but he's still an *******.

Carry on.

C&CDean
5/21/2008, 10:44 AM
I would just like to say that Dean is in fact an *******. He's newer and gentler, but he's still an *******.

Carry on.

Oblowme 08.

5/21/2008, 11:15 AM

Classic.

JohnnyMack
5/21/2008, 11:22 AM
Classic.

He's gotta be talking about Picasso.

badger
5/21/2008, 12:02 PM

I was just offering alternatives, not defending their actions. As a Wisconsin native, I come from an area where air conditioning is not necessary and is not wide spread (or at least not when I lived up there, who knows right now?).

Oh, and for the record, NO blowing noses in showers, ew. Even if there isn't a tissue box nearby, there's still toilet paper as a last resort.

I wasn't opposing you (I don't oppose Packer fans, they're too few and far between down here), I was just offering my two cents, that's all.

Sooner_Havok
5/21/2008, 12:14 PM
Please tell me you beat the "fat idiot slob" genes out of your brood. :D

SouthFortySooner
5/21/2008, 03:15 PM
...oh yeah, those Cheetoe sack and Slim Jim wrappers blowing in your yard, yep, they threw'em out the car window as they left. :mad: