PDA

View Full Version : Nichol to Michigan?

soonerfan28
5/19/2008, 03:02 PM
Does anybody think he would be a good fit at Michigan? I have heard rumors that that is where he is transferring. Is there any truth to the rumors?

King Crimson
5/19/2008, 03:08 PM
Mike Rich speculated about that possible move....though i also heard that UM has a ton of QB's on scholly. too lazy to look it up. but, it makes some sense with the Rodriguez system and Nichols run/pass capability.

Scott D
5/19/2008, 03:29 PM
last I remember they had 3 on scholarship, and one of those three was considering transferring...and this was in the post Mallet transfer time.

snp
5/19/2008, 03:40 PM
They already have 2 4* QBs committed. One of them, Shavodrick Beaver, is the QB for one of our commits - Eric Ward.

King Crimson
5/19/2008, 03:42 PM
i hope he goes by "Shav".

Rhino
5/19/2008, 04:16 PM
Better than than "Drick".

Rhino
5/19/2008, 04:16 PM
Shavod?

RedstickSooner
5/19/2008, 04:35 PM
They already have 2 4* QBs committed. One of them, Shavodrick Beaver, is the QB for one of our commits - Eric Ward.

Shaved Beaver? You've got to be kidding me. This is some weird "late May fools" prank, right?

badger
5/19/2008, 04:44 PM
It is a very competitive world out there for quarterbacks. Perhaps the Nichol family had offers from other programs when deciding to transfer?

If not, that was probably a very, very dumb thing for Nichol to do. I personally think he would do well with some of these programs that are unaccustomed to scramblin' QB's, like the Big 10 and Pac 10, but I can't think of any that he'd want to go to that need a quarterback.

Maybe he could go to Texas Tech (not that we'd release his scholarship to them). Their QB is going out in a year (sitting out a year of eligibility, hmm?) and they'll still have their studly WR another year.

silverwheels
5/19/2008, 04:50 PM
Maybe he could go to Texas Tech (not that we'd release his scholarship to them). Their QB is going out in a year (sitting out a year of eligibility, hmm?) and they'll still have their studly WR another year.

He'd have to sit out two years for an in-conference transfer.

I think he goes to Michigan State.

King Crimson
5/19/2008, 04:52 PM
Crabtree is gone after this year.

badger
5/19/2008, 05:00 PM
Crabtree is gone after this year.

Wasn't Crabby just a froshie this past year though?

Oh wait... was that a redshirt froshie? Daaaaang.

Well, in that event, change everything I said concerning Texas TECH to Texas A&M...

Maybe he could go to Texas A&M(not that we'd release his scholarship to them). Their QB is going out in a year (sitting out a year of eligibility, hmm?) and they'll still have their fatly RB another year.

JLEW1818
5/19/2008, 05:06 PM
He should just go to baylor and pray for the best.

swardboy
5/19/2008, 05:12 PM
Won't Sam Houston be needin' some qb action soon?

OUTrumpet
5/19/2008, 05:27 PM
Wasn't Crabby just a froshie this past year though?

Oh wait... was that a redshirt froshie? Daaaaang.

Well, in that event, change everything I said concerning Texas TECH to Texas A&M...

Maybe he could go to Texas A&M(not that we'd release his scholarship to them). Their QB is going out in a year (sitting out a year of eligibility, hmm?) and they'll still have their fatly RB another year.

Doesn't change the fact that he'd have to sit out 2 years instead of 1. Those rare in-conference transfers suck don't they?

silverwheels
5/19/2008, 05:31 PM
Doesn't change the fact that he'd have to sit out 2 years instead of 1. Those rare in-conference transfers suck don't they?

Yeah, I can't even remember the last time someone did it. Not worth it to most kids to sit out 2 years.

Frozen Sooner
5/19/2008, 06:19 PM
It is a very competitive world out there for quarterbacks. Perhaps the Nichol family had offers from other programs when deciding to transfer?

Considering it would be an NCAA violation for him to have a scholarship offer from another program before being granted a release by Oklahoma, I sort of doubt it.

Frozen Sooner
5/19/2008, 06:21 PM
Mike Rich speculated about that possible move....though i also heard that UM has a ton of QB's on scholly. too lazy to look it up. but, it makes some sense with the Rodriguez system and Nichols run/pass capability.

I was completely talking out of my ***. I have no inside knowledge on that at all. Just seemed like a decent fit.

Salt City Sooner
5/19/2008, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I can't even remember the last time someone did it. Not worth it to most kids to sit out 2 years.
I'm thinkin' Luke Axtell from UT to KU. Anybody remember anybody after that?

Breadburner
5/19/2008, 09:22 PM
Can anynone say Golden Hurricane......

bluedogok
5/19/2008, 09:29 PM
I had heard the "two year rule" was a Big 8 rule that was not adopted when the Big 12 was formed. Not sure where I heard it but I know it came up in a discussion a few year back with someone.

Scott D
5/19/2008, 10:25 PM
looks like the Pac-10 somewhat has a 2 year rule also. They hide the first year under the facade of 'one year of residency required'

silverwheels
5/20/2008, 01:54 AM
I had heard the "two year rule" was a Big 8 rule that was not adopted when the Big 12 was formed. Not sure where I heard it but I know it came up in a discussion a few year back with someone.

Nah, I'm pretty sure it still applies to the Big 12, and most major conferences.

soonerfan28
5/20/2008, 08:10 AM
I just found a blog about Nichol not going to Michigan and the guys says that "if he thought there was competition in Norman,OK then he hasn't seen anything yet".

DickyDunn
5/20/2008, 01:42 PM
http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2008/05/quarterback_nichol_transferrin.html

going back to MSU.

soonerfan28
5/20/2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the update. I like how he said his heart was always at MSU. That hurt a little.

Mad Dog Madsen
5/20/2008, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the update. I like how he said his heart was always at MSU. That hurt a little.

You liked how it hurt a little??? :confused:

badger
5/20/2008, 02:58 PM
It hurt, eh?

Well, even if it "hurts," there's no denying that Nichol has been a stand-up class act ever since arriving on campus. He worked hard, enrolled early and stayed with it even as he was passed on the depth charts by Bradford, Hazle and now a guy younger than him.

He's saving face by saying that his heart was at Michigan State, but who are we kidding here? I'm sure Hays McLonghorn's heart was at UT all along too, but that doesn't mean he doesn't also love OU. AD himself said that he was a Longhorn fan and would not do the "horns down" hand gesture. But rest assured, he loves OU, too.

Take "badger" for example. Why aren't I "sooner" instead of "badger?" Well, it's hard to forget the team you grew up cheering for 18 years, even with four years at Oklahoma getting my degree and a few more years on top of that being a fan. I think that's the type of "heart" Nichol is talking about. It was his childhood team and he loved the Spartans even though he was a Sooner.

soonerfan28
5/20/2008, 05:58 PM
It hurt, eh?

Well, even if it "hurts," there's no denying that Nichol has been a stand-up class act ever since arriving on campus. He worked hard, enrolled early and stayed with it even as he was passed on the depth charts by Bradford, Hazle and now a guy younger than him.

He's saving face by saying that his heart was at Michigan State, but who are we kidding here? I'm sure Hays McLonghorn's heart was at UT all along too, but that doesn't mean he doesn't also love OU. AD himself said that he was a Longhorn fan and would not do the "horns down" hand gesture. But rest assured, he loves OU, too.

Take "badger" for example. Why aren't I "sooner" instead of "badger?" Well, it's hard to forget the team you grew up cheering for 18 years, even with four years at Oklahoma getting my degree and a few more years on top of that being a fan. I think that's the type of "heart" Nichol is talking about. It was his childhood team and he loved the Spartans even though he was a Sooner.

I agree he has been a stand up guy and it has to be hard going back to a place you de-commited from to come here.

MyT Oklahoma
5/21/2008, 05:52 PM
I wish the young man only the best.

swardboy
5/21/2008, 06:57 PM
State has recruited a couple of slingers in the mold of Sammy Bradford....I don't think Keith will waltz in there and find the #1 position any slam dunk....but I wish him the best.