PDA

View Full Version : Well, Metallica just RMFO

TheUnnamedSooner
5/19/2008, 08:45 AM
Friday night in Tucson, AZ.

My wife thinks I'm too old to be traveling 1,000 miles to see a concert, but tickets were only $30. It was an outside show and weather was nice. The band sounded incredible and was really into the gig.

Caught 3 picks, 2 from Kirk and 1 from James. Lars mentioned they should be touring the states this fall after the new album.

:cool:

Partial Qualifier
5/19/2008, 09:51 AM
Awesome. Did they play more older stuff or did they stick to their recent tracks?

Beef
5/19/2008, 09:54 AM
I think I saw somewhere that they'll be headlining Ozzfest. Unfortunately, all day concerts aren't my thing anymore.

TheUnnamedSooner
5/19/2008, 10:41 AM
Not my thing anymore either. I wasn't interested in any of the other bands that played, so I went in about 30 minutes before they came on. Worked out perfect.

They played a lot of older stuff. Nothing off of St. Anger or the new album that's coming out.

Set list was:

Creeping Death
Fuel
For Whom The Bell Tolls
The Unforgiven
...And Justice For All
Sad But True
The Memory Remians
Fade To Black
Master Of Puppets
Battery
Wherever I May Roam
One
Enter Sandman
The Four Horsemen
Seek and Destroy

Justice for all sounded really good, and I'm always excited to hear horsemen.

TheUnnamedSooner
5/19/2008, 10:59 AM
A few days before I left I found out about ozzfest, which is 20 minutes from my house.

StoopTroup
5/19/2008, 11:27 AM
Rock on Brother.

Sounds fun.

Dio
5/19/2008, 12:38 PM
Anybody you know get arrested or kicked out this time? :D

Scott D
5/19/2008, 03:32 PM
Lars just called and is planning to sue whoever sold you $30 tickets. ;)

colleyvillesooner
5/19/2008, 05:30 PM
I think I saw somewhere that they'll be headlining Ozzfest. Unfortunately, all day concerts aren't my thing anymore.

there is actualy only one Ozzfest date this year, and it's at Dr. pepper park in Frisco.

Www.ozzfest.com

I thought about going for the all-star tribute to Dimebag, plus Max and Igor (the Cavalera Conspiracy) will be playing only Sepultura songs for this one show only.

TheUnnamedSooner
5/19/2008, 05:52 PM
Lars just called and is planning to sue whoever sold you $30 tickets. ;)

LOL funny thing is, $30 was face value! got them through ticketmaster.

goingoneight
5/19/2008, 08:54 PM
:lars: WE NEED TO SHUT DOWN TICKETMASTAR NAO!!!!1111!!111

Cam
5/22/2008, 08:35 PM
Not my thing anymore either. I wasn't interested in any of the other bands that played, so I went in about 30 minutes before they came on. Worked out perfect.

They played a lot of older stuff. Nothing off of St. Anger or the new album that's coming out.

Set list was:

Creeping Death
Fuel
For Whom The Bell Tolls
The Unforgiven
...And Justice For All
Sad But True
The Memory Remians
Fade To Black
Master Of Puppets
Battery
Wherever I May Roam
One
Enter Sandman
The Four Horsemen
Seek and Destroy

Justice for all sounded really good, and I'm always excited to hear horsemen.

That's one hell of a set list.

Lucky bastage. :(

MR2-Sooner86
5/22/2008, 08:54 PM
Metallica? Wow what have they been up to? How long has it been since their last album? 15? 20 years?

sooneron
5/22/2008, 09:56 PM
Metallica? Wow what have they been up to? How long has it been since their last GOOD album? 15? 20 years?

fixed that for ya!

Rhino
5/22/2008, 10:42 PM
Hey, it's Dave! Remember me? Yeah, I'm the guy that's been listening to your band faithfully since 1983. I bought your first album 'Kill 'Em All' from a mail order catalogue called Under The Rainbow, I think. Actually I can't remember. It was 1983 for Christsakes! But that album changed my life and I've been listening to your albums ever since (even 'St Anger'!).

I can't wait to hear the new ****, and no matter what you guys do I'll always be first one at the shop waiting to hear it. I'm sure you'll come out and blow everybody's ****in' minds, because you're ****in' METALLICA!

Good luck. And don't release it until it's kick-***.

Yours, Dave Grohl.

P.S. Are you finished recording the drums yet?.